Mission 6: The Truth

Dreamscape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later...

“Oppa!” he heard her exclaim from behind. No doubting it, it was her voice. Dara had just come to the place he had asked her to come to. He was nervous beyond any limits. The day Seunghyun and Thunder finally agreed upon to meet was approaching, and he still didn't know if it was a meeting of peace or the continuation of 'war'. In any case, he still hadn't told Dara the truth; she still thought he was a good guy genuinely loving her, who would be ready to talk to her brother and ask him to marry her. But he was not. His cast his gaze onto the ground and his eyes darkened as he realised himself. He was a liar. A coward. A betrayer. The more he thought of this, the more the heartache caused by sense of guilt throbbed and tortured him, in all his walking hours and there was no relief to be found. 
He heard her fast footsteps as she ran and grabbed him from behind, throwing her arms around him in a tight hug. 
“I missed you!” she cooed before he turned around and hugged her back. She felt a smoldering heat deep within her as his grip tightened, crushing her body to his, dropped a light kiss on GD's lips and scrutinized his face. So pale, so lifeless, so... sad. His eyes were helpless. 
“You okay?” she asked, reaching out and cupping his cheek in her hand. 
GD nodded mutely and turned his face to kiss her palm. He couldn’t look into her eyes so avoided eye-contact, which she noted. But before she could say anything, he pulled her closer and hugged so tightly that she nearly forgot to breathe. He stood and breathed in deeply, the smell of Dara was so distinctive, and he ran his hands gently around her waist and tightened his grip, holding as though his life depended on it, as though if he let go, he would lose everything he had ever known, had ever held dear. His dark eyes threatened to well up and a tear rolled slowly down his face, but thankfully it went unnoticed by her.  
“So… why did you call me?” she asked at last. 
He drew back instantly and smiled. She felt somehow relieved to see that smile, but deep inside she understood that it was fake. But her mind abruptly shut down when she actually saw what he was holding… a ring. Her eyes widened and shock registered on her face before her soft lips stretched into a wide smile. She was smiling, a smile with a twist to it, like the smile of a child who was determin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter