Mission 5: Love

Dreamscape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An hour passed crazily. He was nearly bombarded with questions and scoldings on how exactly everything happened, why he acted recklessly without consulting, etc. At last he was freed from the angry rebukes and had some time to do something about his wounds. That’s when his phone buzzed in his pocket, and he didn’t know what kind of emotions he experienced when Dara’s name appeared on the screen. He was happy on one hand but extremely ashamed on the other. Still, he decided to act cool and pretend like nothing had happened. 
“How’s my girl?” he exclaimed joyfully. But no answer was received, and the silence on the other line was occasionally broken by sniffs. 
“GD…” at least she voiced. He quickly concluded that she must have been crying. 
“Hey, what happened?” he asked, sounding worried. 
“C-can we… meet up?” she uttered.
GD froze on his place. Could this be… an act? First, Dara had never called him before, let alone ask him to meet at night. Second, judging by her voice, she was already aware of what happened in her house that night. Third, Seungri knew about GD’s feelings for Dara, and could be forcing Dara to call GD to lure him: this all might have been a game, a trap. 
“At this hour?” he made it obvious that he was surprised at her request. “I thought we were going to meet in the mor—“ 
“I get it. You’re busy.” she cut him off and sighed in disappointment. 
“NO, it’s not like that, it’s okay, but… err…” for a moment, he forgot about his conclusions and looked at his reflection in the mirror. His wounds were fresh, it wasn’t difficult to guess he had just survived a severe fight. If Dara saw him in this condition, she would attack him with questions. Well, probably. 
“Did.. something happen?” she asked slowly. 
“Yes— I mean no— Not really—“ 
“GD. What are you hiding from me?” she interrupted, pretty much assured that something was wrong. 
“Um. Nothing…?” 
“You know that’s a lie.” she asserted firmly. 
GD sighed and rendered. “Fine. I got in a minor accident.” 
Upon hearing the word ‘accident’ she let out a sharp gasp, and even from the other line it could be heard how she stood up speedily and started wandering around her room. “What happened? What accident?” 
“It’s no important, really. Just—“ 
“Are you in the hospital?” she asked with tremor in her voice. 
“No, at home. I’m fine, don’t worry.” he soothed. Somehow, her worry and concern sounded so sincere to him that he got angry at himself for suspecting her. 
He heard her let out a sigh of despair. “Tell me where you are, I want to see you.” 
“Are you kidding? — he sneered in disbelief, — No way.” 
“GD, I’m not sure my brother will allow me to even leave the house for the following days, let alone walking alone. Right now is the only suitable time for me to leave at least for a couple of hours, when he’s busy with his own work.” 
GD sighed. He quickly understood the situation: Thunder and his men were probably holding a meeting or something (at some level he felt disgusted to know Seungri too was there). And Thunder would probably be extra careful both of himself and his sister now, which meant GD wouldn’t be able to see her often. And since Thunder, along with his crew, was kind of busy now, it wouldn’t be as difficult for Dara to leave the house without getting noticed. “Okay, okay, calm down, — he tensed, — I’ll tell you where to come.” 

In a very short while, he arrived in an abandoned-looking old house, and starting lightly cleaning around before she’d arrive. When he peered from the mirror, he saw someone coming and quickly went to greet her. As soon as he held the door open, he didn’t forget to pull his usual sassy smirk on his lips, ignoring the pain. “Welcome.” he winked. 
“GD?!” she ran at him, clearly worried and concerned. “What happened to you?!” 
He sighed and smiled. “Nothing serious, — he shrugged, — I’m alive and healthy.” 
She stood there, watching him for a minute. Even in that dim light, he could easily note that her face was pale and her eyes were watery. She was also wearing a long coat and was clenching her fingers. “Are you really okay?…” she uttered with difficulty at last. 
“I’m fine, — he smirked assuringly, — Let’s go inside, you’re freezing.” 
She silently followed him into the house, all the time wondering if she was doing the right thing. She was there, with a man she knew nothing about, who was in love with her, and the sun would rise not too long later. He also contemplated if he was actually wrong, if she indeed was just worried and wanted to see him, and he couldn’t help but look around to see if there was anyone hiding somewhere, waiting for his turn to appear out of nowhere and attempt to kidnap or kill him. 
“Is your family home?” she asked as soon as they went further. 
He again felt guilt and shame attack him at the same time. She still thought of him as a ‘good guy’. How’d she react if she knew everything? Would she still stay here?… “No, — he replied soon, — This is not our house. Ours is.. a bit crowded, so I thought this one would be more convenient to meet up.” “Whose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter