Trap

Irritating

 

 

 

Youngjae was a mysterious human being.

 

 

...Well, maybe because no one dared to ask or simply cared about his life.

Daehyun knew little about Youngjae: that he liked to wear baggy and comfortable clothes, that he abhorred eating with people around him, that rich brats annoyed him to death and that he had as the main goal of his life to keep his school results higher that any other kid in the school.

Daehyun had never come to understand why Youngjae cared so much about studying but, with time, he concluded that it didn't concern his level of education. Probably it was just his way to show that he was a smart boy surrounded by idiots.

Youngjae had also an icy personality, so messing with his grades seemed like the only way to piss him off.

Daehyun was not the type who enjoys revenge, but Youngjae had made him look like a fool in front of too many people to just forget about it.

So when Youngjae happened to be absent for a couple of days despite the dreaded Philosophy test coming soon, Daehyun decided to get his plan started.

 

 

Saying that Youngjae felt like would have been an understatement. The tachycardia that appeared during his panic attacks was always there, has been there for days.

He hadn't experienced attacks, but felt constantly something different about himself.

Apart from his heart that won't stop to beat like if he had just ended a marathon, he felt a never-ending exhaustion that made him lay in bed for hours.

As a consequence, he was more and more angry with himself; first for having such a weak body, and secondly for not being able to do something about it.

 

At the umpteenth attempt to get up without falling back on his bed, he decided that it was time to check what was wrong with his body. He called the hospital, booked some routine check-ups and felt a bit at ease.

The only time available for his visit happened to be the following day, simultaneously to the philosophy test. Youngjae had like three seconds of hesitation, then confirmed the appointment. He just didn't think he could endure another day like his past ones.

 

 

The day of the philosophy test had come andYoungjae's seat was still empty.

Daehyun's could already taste his revenge, it was there, almost in his hands.

During the day break, he lit a cigarette and walked in the school garden, asking himself what could have possibly made Youngjae be that weird lately, but then he remembered the pain in his stomach on the day of the infamous kick and decided he didn't give a damn.

 

The day after, Youngjae was finally back. He wasn't different than any other day: faded dark jeans, a dark green shirt that was so large it covered half of his fingers, and his usual bow-cut pitch black hair. He was slightly pale, but it was nothing compared to the feeling of defeat inside of him.

It came out that what was wrong about him was.. nothing. Not even a blood level that didn't match the right standard, not a ing thing.

He should had felt relieved, but actually he was so damn pissed.

And what pissed him off more than anything was the fact that, after knowing the results, his heartbeat came back to normal, as well as the other deviances his body had experienced.

my life he thought, before taking out the paper from the hospital that justified his absence from school, in order to hand it in to the teacher as soon as she would have come in.

Then his eyes fell on his desk. His classmates had decided to use it as a temporary trash bin, leaving sheets, cans of coke and used handkerchiefs messily on top of it.

He sighed in his mind, took all that in his hands, leaving his medical certificate on his now cleaned desk, and went looking for a real bin.

Daehyun, who had followed the other boy's actions, as soon has Youngjae had left his desk run towards it and grabbed the sheets on it, smiling happily when he saw it was what he was looking for. He hid them behind his jacket and waited for the show to start.

 

He saw the raven-haired boy coming back to his desk, widen his eyes, taking everything out of his bag at the speed of light, then going back to the trash bin and looking through it too, his knees on the ground and head almost inside of the rubbish.

Then the boy sat up as soon as he heard the ticking sound of the teacher's heels and came back to his seat, a bewildered expression still on his face, staring at his desk and probably thinking at where the heck could the papers be, while Daehyun was pretty much in tears, chuckling at the unusual and absolutely hilarious scene on front of him.

Their professor called Youngjae to his desk, asking for his excuse note. Youngjae dragged his body in front of his teacher and the entire class, claiming that he didn't have one.

A sudden silence hit the room as Youngjae lowered his head, apologising.

When he lift it, his eyes moved around the room, and met Daehyun's. Daehyun was shocked at what he read in the other boy's gaze

Please Daehyun, I know you did this, help me, please..

The deep, dark and almost watery eyes remained fixed on Daehyun's, and the latter could swear he felt a pang of guilt in his insides.

Meanwhile, the teacher was listing all the consequences of skipping a test, including the loss of the scholarship that helped Youngjae to maintain his studies.

No, no, Daehyun stay strong, he had been a to you, Daehyun...

his inner voice tried to stop him, but he was already getting up and leading towards Youngjae, a few sheets in his right hand.

“Youngjae-sshi, I found this on the floor! There's your name on it, is it yours?”

 

 

 

His plan failed. But he felt ok, almost like a hero.

...until he met Youngjae in the school's corridors.

 

“You are too naïve to be an , Daehyun. Really, you gave up over pleading eyes..ah, I forgot you are a crybaby yourself..

By the way, you know that even without a certificate I could just have called the hospital and ask to confirm that the time I was there was the same time of the test. Ah.. you need to elaborate something better next time dude!” And after those words, a friendly shoulder pat and a victory smile, Youngjae left Daehyun standing there, feeling like a complete fool.

 

You head...

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back!!

Thanks for reading, and a special thanks for my subscribers <3 love you guys!

I'll try to update sooner next time! The upcoming chapter will clear some of your doubts about the origin of Youngjae's disorder and Daehyun's personality.

See you next time! don't forget to leave a comment!

love,love,and more love