Breakable

Irritating

“Youngjae, you look like , what's wrong?”

The said boy breathed deeply, tried to organise his words, then simply let go.

He let go of his pride, his image, his everyday's battle and simply burst into tears in front of Naeun, mumbling about everything that was wrong with his life in between the convulsions of his violent crying.

Naeun in the meantime watched him with a soft and empathic gaze, sometimes patting his back as Youngjae sat up in the bed, hiding his face between his legs and holding his head with both of his hands.

After a few minutes, as it suddenly started, in the same way it stopped. Naeun told him to stay there and rest until the end of the day and came back to class to inform the teacher.

 

Youngjae was left alone again. Well, alone with the janitor who decided to start to play Snake on his Jurassic phone. Really? What century is this man from?

 

Anyway, the boy felt too peaceful for the disaster that had just took place. Yes, it was definitely an enormous disaster. Everything he worked for in years of high school, the respect and dread the rich idiots had for him, shattering into pieces.

Despite that, he felt that it could have been much worse. Naeun was a smart and serene girl who didn't lose her time on rumours. She was also one of the few people Youngjae went on well with.

His thoughts stopped when his drowsiness won his mind as he fell asleep on the white and uncomfortable camp bed.

 

Boredom was eating Daehyun alive. He decided that a cigarette could kill the timem so he asked the teacher to go to the toilet.

Walking mindlessly in the corridors he bumped into a small figure that was already swearing at him

“Could you please look at your steps instead of the ceiling? You almost broke my nose!”

“Yes, whatever Naen-ah, where are you going though?”

“Back to class. The teacher asked me to go check on the poor creep and trust me, it was a sight that will chase me in my nightmares, I swear..”

“The creep? You mean Youngjae? What's wrong with him? I thought he went to the toilet.” asked Daehyun. What was happening? Youngjae had never fallen sick, not even a sore throat for years.

“He looked like a ghost! When I got into the infirmary he started to sob like a baby and said something about tachycardia and an attack of.. whatever, I forgot. Anyway he's sleeping now. I thought I was hallucinating before! I've never seen that dude express any sort of feeling, I guess he's actually a human!”

Daehyun shrugged and continued his walk, ignoring Naeun still talking to him. It was unusual indeed, but still, everyone has a bad day and he was looking forward to make fun of his friend for bursting into tears for nothing.

 

The day after Youngjae felt like the worst piece of crap in the world, his body aching from head to toe.

That day seniors from all the departments of the school were going to participate to a conference regarding their choice of college.

Translated into a senior idiom: a good two hours in dreamland.

Still, Youngjae needed to face the whole bunch of rich idiots and the thought just made him more annoyed than usual. He packed his things, put a toast in his month, and closed the front door.

Maybe it won't be such an awful day, the boy thought while falling into the soft fabric of one of the conference room's chairs. He closed his eyes and prepared to take a nap when a hand shook his right shoulder. That's the end of the bliss, Amen.

“Youngjae! Youngjae-sshi.. are you ignoring me?”

Youngjae opened one eye to catch a glimpse of the prince of idiots (Daehyun of course), looking closely at him with a pleased grin.

“My dear, did a truck hit you this morning? You don't look good at all! And did your heart stop going thump thump? Did you stop the sob sob? What was wrong? Did you fail yesterday's History test?”

On a regular day, Youngjae would have just ignored him. Or told him to shut up and later ignored him. But Daehyun had been so loud that half of the people in the room turned to gaze them, laughing at Youngjae. Yeah, Daehyun had definitely choose the wrong morning to mess up with him, especially since no teacher was there yet.

The black-haired boy took off his glasses with a soft sigh, then stood up in front of Daehyun. They were almost the same height, but when Youngjae smirked confidently at Daehyun, the latter felt getting smaller and inside, regretted his words. Particularly because Youngjae was a Taekwondo black-belt.

He would never, would he..?

“Oh, Daehyun-sshi, you're so nice to get worried about me even if you're the one suffering.”

“What do you mean the one sufferin..”

Then Youngjae kicked. He twisted his body and hit right in the other's stomach. A loud thud echoed in the room, who suddenly got quieter then a desert.

“You're definitely suffering now, but actually I was referring to the other day, when you burst into tears in front of that movie.. feel free to call me again next time, I'm very good at comforting people!”

Then he put his glasses on his nose and moved towards the exit, not forgetting to send everyone a freezing glance, mouthing “shut up about this” and walking out of the room.

In the meantime, Daehyun was still bent on the chair, holding his stomach. By the time the pain faded and he could be able to move, Youngjae was already back in his sit, taking out a pen and passing it to one of their teachers with a smile.

You're so screwed, my friend. Thought Daehyun, a revenge plan already building up in his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone, I'm back!

I'm glad you're getting interested in this story, it really fills my heart with lovulovu <3

now, I know Dae and Jae relationship is quite unstable here, so if you cannot understand something feel free to ask :)

BTW BAP's teaser for That's My Jam is finally out! GO CHECK IT!

 

Thanks to my subscribers, I hope you enjoyed this chapter too :)

Love!