He and him

Irritating

Youngjae was sitting in front of his desk, ignoring the loud chattering of his classmates and trying to concentrate on his Science book. He still needed to finish the homework for that day's lesson. It was quite easy, since it was the beginning of his last year of high school he thought the lessons would become a little bit more intriguing, but nothing changed. Nothing changed since his first year of high school; he got just a bit taller and lost some weight, but other than that his school life had remained the same. Ah, yes, he also had to start wearing glasses (that he hated more than anything else in this world), because reading too much got his eyesight getting worst. Screw it.

Right when he was going through the last exercise, the chattering got louder and he looked around, annoyed, immediately understanding the source of all that mess. The idiots just broke into the classroom.

The group of people that Youngjae usually called 'idiots', but also 'ignorant sheep', or 'spoiled brats' and more others loving nicknames, were the most popular in the school, the majority of them for being rich, other for their looks or ability in sports. Sometimes all this three things together. 

That was the case of Jung Daehyun. He was not the richest kid out there, but still came from a wealthy family. He was an excellent basketball player (and everyone knew that, since he was the captain of the school's team), but the main reasons for his popularity were his outgoing personality and good looks.

'Not to mention him being a piece of , but right, no one knows yet' thought Youngjae, staring at the smiling boy cheering at his friends.

'better, his fake friends' he tought again, trying to hold back a rather disgusted grin.

"Youngjae! Good.."

"May you shut the up? I'm busy".

Daehyun slightly pouted at his friend's answer, muttering a "good morning to you too" and peering at the other's desk.

Yes, Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae were friends.

Well, maybe not ordinary friends, but still communicated with each other and since Youngjae hated to communicate to anyone in that room, it was enough to call it a friendship.

Not that his classmates loved to initiate a conversation with him anyways. Youngjae was a nobody who got into that private school thanks to a scholarship.  He was not part of that world. The other kids usually ignored him, except when they needed him for school-related stuff, so everyone got astonished when that poor kid became Daehyun close friend. Well, speaking the truth when Daehyun tried to be his friends only to face a wall of insults and light sarcasm. And that went on for years.

The said boy widened his eyes. "You haven't finished homework when the class is about to start? Do you want to cause an apocalypse? I want to go out this night so wh..

"I'm saying it again: shut the up, I just finished. And don't worry, I'm sure nothing would stop you from screwing a good number of drunken girls tonight."

Daehyun grinned widely at him. That was their friendship. Continuous bickering in good days, heavy insults on the others. Youngjae was curious of the other world, as Daehyun was of his. They were opposites, not a single thing was connecting them.

They still didn't know that something bigger, stronger was bound to crash on them and getting their relationship to change.

The science teacher entered the class and started to open his bag.

Then a girl, that happened to be Daehyun's current girlfriend (after changing a lot of them in the first weeks of school) dressed with light jeans and a pink maybe too revealing shirt asked in a loud voice: 

"teacher! Why don't we have a tail like other animals? It's cute"

Right, there was something that Youngjae hated more than his glasses.

ignorant spoiled brats