4. part

A little thing called love / Only the greatest love ever

4.

I entered the apartment and threw the hat on the bed. I was still so frustrated about what happened on the beach. I thought we had a moment. Not a romantic one but friendly one. Oh boy I was wrong. But still, how can he be like that? Friendly one minute and the other he just seems like he enjoys other peoples pain. I won't even bother anymore. I will just pretend he doesn't exist.

''Oh stop it.''-mom says from the kitchen.

''What?''-I ask.

''This childish tantrum.''-she said.

''I am not being childish. Can you be on my side for once?''-I ask and go inside the bathroom to take a shower not waiting for an answer.

I wrapped my hair into a towel and stepped into the balcony. Even though it was late evening it was hot and my back and forehead were a bit sweaty. Mom left to have a glass of wine with the landlords and I was alone. I wasn't a big fan of watching tv so it was getting boring. I took an apple from the fridge and put it back. Not into fruit. I opened my suitcase and opened a secret compartment. There were five cases of ramen inside. Now that's my thing. I the water heater and took a bowl. I prepared everything and poured the water in. I added some more seasoning and covered it for a bit. I sat on the balcony with a direct view to the house next door. To his place. It was dark so I knew he wasn't home. What if I told his fans he was here. Would they show up? I smirked. That would chase him away. I sigh. Even I wasn't that evil. I open my ramen and take a big slurp of noodles. Delicious.

''Stop it hyung.''-I heard korean and my fork stopped midair. I peeked over the railing and saw Chang Wook and the other guy pushing each other and laughing. ''You're the worst manager ever.''-Chang Wook said. The other guy just laughed.

''Not the worst since you haven't fired me yet.''-he said.

''Well I just might when we go back. I won't forgive you for the pink flip flops.''-Chang Wook said pointing to his feet.

''Sorry. We will get the luggage in about four days they said.''-the guy said.

''They better. I have nothing to wear.''-Chang Wook said. So he lost his luggage?

''The flip flops suit you though.''-the guy said and Chang Wook kicked his thigh with his foot.

''Yeah people are laughing at me.''-Chang Wook said.

''Only she laughed at you.''-the guy said. I bit my lip. They were talking about me. I have to hear it. There was a pause and Chang Wook lifted his look to me but he couldn't see me because it was dark. Thankfully I didn't turn it on.

''That's even worse. Oh man I will so fire you. I have never been so embarrassed in my life.''-he said rubbing his temples. Then they entered the apartment. Soon enough he was outside on his balcony too. He was leaning on the railing. Shorts hung low on his hips and he didn't wear a shirt. Warmth rose to my cheeks but I couldn't look away. Suddenly my fork made a sound against my bowl and he turned my way. Luckily I managed to look away before he noticed. I slurped some noodles and it sprayed my nose. I wince from the heat and rub it. I sneak a peak at him and he still watches me.

''What?''-I ask lifting an eyebrow. I remembered I was mad at him. He stood straighter.

''Is that.. ramen?''-he asked eyeing my bowl.

''Yeah. So?''-I ask. I scratched the back of his head.

''Could you.. maybe.. give me some?''-he sounded like he would rather die than ask me for ramen but he must be truly desperate. I laugh.

''Are you for real?''-I ask. ''-I should give it to you because you're so nice to me or?''-I point my fork at him.

''Fine.''-he said and went inside. But now I kinda felt bad. I finished my bowl when he was back outside again. ''I will pay you.''-he said. Interesting. I stood up form my table and went inside. I heard him groan and mumble some curses. I laughed and took a pack of ramen. He was about to enter when I came back outside.

''Hey.''-I say and he stops. ''Catch.''-I say and throw it. He caught it with his both hands almost dropping his phone.

''Thanks. How much do you want?''-he said taking his wallet.

''One million.''-I say dead serious and he looks at me. I smile. ''Just joking. It's free. Enjoy.''-he stood there with a blank face. ''Actually, I have one request.''-I say. He nods. ''Don't talk to me anymore.''-I say dropping the smile and leaving the balcony. My heart was thumping so fast and I wanted to take back my words. I shook my head. ''No no, he was a . It's better this way.''-I say to myself. I hear him rustling on the balcony so I turn on my hair drier and dry my hair.

In about half an hour I was ready to go out. I needed to be gone or I will peek at him again and I really don't want to. I tie the straps of my high heel sandals and fix my dress one last time and leave the apartment.

''Mom I'm going out.''-I say trough next door.

''Where?''-she asked from the living room.

''Out.''-I say and leave. I have no idea where I am going. I put earphones in my ears and blast the music.

I was in the center of the city and when the third kid in half an hour bumped into me because he wasn't looking, I have had it enough. Stupid Pokemon. I was tempted to download the game but I would be too embarrassed to play like that. I saw the restaurant from before ahead of me and I hurried my pace. I peaked inside and Mark was standing by the bar. He saw me and waived. I approached him and sat on a high bar stool.

''You came.''-he said. I smile.

''Yeah. Didn't want to let you down.''-actually I completely forgot about it.

''Well I can't lie that my evening just got a lot better.''-he said and handed me my tequila drink.

''Thank you.''-I say.

''It's on the house.''-Mark said and the other waiter shoot him a look. ''Alright it's on me.''-he said.

''So.. did you have a tough time yesterday?''-I ask. After a second or so I curse myself for leading the conversation in Chang Wook's direction. Mark paused for a bit. ''With that asian guy.''-I add and then he remembered.

''Yeah, he is really something. Do you know him?''-Mark asked.

''No.''-well it was technically true.

''Oh, well the atmosphere was like you were ex lovers or something.''-he said and I almost choke. He pats my back while I cough. ''Okay okay sorry. Don't die on me now.''-he said laughing.

''I'm okay.''-I say lifting my hand to stop him.

''So where are you from?''-Mark asked leaning on the bar. He was actually pretty hot. Sandy blond hair and two day beard and deep blue eyes. I could easily see he swam a lot by the muscles shifting underneath his shirt. He was a bit too short for my taste but he could pass.

''The Capital City.''-I say. His eyebrows shoot up.

''Really? I love it there. I have had enough of the sea. I wish I could just move there permanently.''-he says.

''What's stopping you?''-I ask.

''I go to college here so I can't move just yet.''-he said.

''Oh, what is your major?''-I ask.

''Law.''-he said and my mouth hangs open. He smiles.

''You're kidding?''-I ask.

''No, really.''-he said. ''Everybody reacts like that. They never expect their waiter to be smart.''-he says.

''I didn't think you were stupid, don't get me wrong. I admire people who study law. And hope they won't become corrupted later, they just have so much power you know.''-I say. He looks at me. ''What?''-I ask.

''Nothing. I like the way you think.''-he said. I smiled. ''So what do you do?''-Mark asked.

''Nothing at the moment. Looking for a job. I applied for teaching college but I didn't get in.''-I say.

''I'm sorry. What do you want to teach?''-he asked.

''English.''-I say. He nods.

''I am not so great in English.''-he said.

''I bet you're better than me.''-I say.

''No way.''-he says.

''Trust him. He .''-the other waiter tells me from behind the bar. I laugh.

''Thanks Dan.''-Mark said.

''You're welcome.''-Dan says.

''Do you want to eat something? My break is nearing.''-Mark said.

''Sure. I am up for squids.''-I say. I have smelled them and was dying for twenty minutes when they were served to the table near us.

''Squids coming up.''-Mark said and disappeared trough the kitchen door.

''Here we go again.''-Dan said suddenly.

''What?''-I ask wondering if he's talking to me. He was looking at something behind me.

''That guy is here again. I really don't know what his problem is with Mark.''-Dan says. I turn around and my eyes lock with Chang Wook's. What the ?

''Crap..''-I whisper to myself and turn around again. ''Can I have extra tequila please?''-I ask Dan and he laughs a little.

''Yeah.''-he says and pours more to my cocktail. I took a straw to get a faster effect. My whole body tensed from strong tequila taste. A chair beside me was being pulled and the familiar smell filled my nostrils.

''Scotch on the rocks.''-Chang Wook said.

''Coming up.''-Dan said.

I was downing my second double tequila cocktail when I wondered where is Mark. I am about to get really trashed if he didn't show up soon. I started shifting in my stool and looking over the small windows of the kitchen door until I got leaned way too much. My stool leaned with me and I was about to fall and have a broken nose for sure. One strong hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me back. My stool straightened and my body slammed into his body. Even though I was safe now his hand was still on my waist. I curse myself for eating junk food. I look at him. He is looking straight at me.

''You are so ing clumsy.''-he said looking angry. I push his hand away.

''No one asked you to save me.''-I say glaring at him even though my heart was doing it's own thing.

''Right, I am sorry for preventing a possible nose job.''-he said and took a swig of his scotch.

'' this and your attitude.''-I say drinking the last of my cocktail and jumping of the stool. The ground seemed a bit shaky and room was spinning a bit but nothing major. I could walk this off. Somehow. I headed toward the door.

''Hey Dan.''-I say turning and Chang Wook's look switches to the waiter fast.

''Yeah.''-Dan says.

''Please tell Mark that I am sorry and that I will come tomorrow.''-I say smiling a bit.

''Sure. You okay?''-he asked.

''Yeah. See you.''-I say and leave. I made a few steps and I heard the door open behind me again. ''You have gotta be kidding me!''-I say turning and almost loosing my balance. He caught me by the elbow and I torn my arm from his grasp.

''I just wanted to apologize.''-Chang Wook said. ''I can be a sometimes.''-he said.

''Sometimes?''-I snort.

''Well okay most of the time. But that's my problem not yours.''-he said.

''You seem to make it my problem because I get to experience you being a you know.''-I say. He sighs.

''True, but that's not what I meant.''-he said.

''Oh by all means, what did you mean? Do tell.''-I say turning around and heading to the sandy beach.

''I meant that you shouldn't think that you did something wrong because you didn't.''-he said following me.

''Hold on. I didn't even for a second think I did something wrong.''-I say turning to him again. I took him in better now, in the moonlight. With his cropped pants and white shirt, few buttons were undone at the top, revealing his perfect skin. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and the bulging veins spread throughout the arm. I bit my lip. Damn him.

''That's okay too. It's because I have a reflex of pushing people away.''-he said looking at the sand between us.

''Why?''-I find myself asking. I take a step closer to the water and everything was still spinning. I touch my forehead and it's wet from sweat.

''Because I can't get close to anyone.''-he said. He must be referring to his fame. I bent down to the water to wet my skin because I would hurl if I didn't. ''Hey. Be careful.''-he said catching my arm and only then I realized I was getting bent way too much.

''I'm fine Ji Chi, let go.''-I say and push his hands away.

''Ji Chi?''-he asked and I almost bit my tongue off.

''It's too complicated to say your full name now so bear with me.''-I say wetting my forehead. He looked at me for a minute and I wondered if I crossed the line with not telling him that I know who he is.

''So.. you knew?''-he asked. Oh god. I don't even know what to make of his reaction, his face was blank.

''Yeah.''-I say. My stomach turned and I was dangerously close to throw up my Tequila Sunset, or ramen.

''Have you told anybody?''-he asked.

''Why would I?''-I ask even though I know my friend would be dying to know, but she doesn't know him, she is big into BTS but not so much K drama stuff. ''Just say whatever the you want already!''-I lost my nerve and he finally looked me in the eyes.

''Sorry, I spaced out. Nothing, just... it's weird. You know me but don't say anything. Why?''-he asked.

''I don't know, maybe because you're a douche.''-I say rolling my eyes. He laughed. Cross my heart and hope to die, he laughed, a genuine laugh. It reached his eyes.

''True.''-he said. Again, all hell broke loose in my stomach and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I bent over and threw up into the sea. He stepped closer and got a hold of the mess I call my hair.

''Oh God.''-I say.

''Are you okay?''-he asked. Why is he being so nice?

''Do I look okay?''-I ask.

''Not so much.''-he said. I kicked off my heels and took them in my hands.

''I will just walk it off.''-I say.

''Because you walk really well.''-he said sarcastically.

''Shut up. And let go of my hair.''-I say and he let's go immediately. We walk in silence for a minute or two and he cracks up again.

''Ji Chi..''-he laughs. I hated that brief giggles were escaping my mouth.

''Well Ji Chang Wook is ing long.''-I say kicking the sand.

''Maybe you're right. Okay. You can call me Ji Chi if you want.''-he said. I turn to him and he stops walking.

''Why are you so nice to me now?''-I ask narrowing my eyes.

''I don't know. We will see tomorrow.''-he says shrugging and then walks away leaving me behind. What an . Literally.