민혁 1탄

The One Who Got Away

It angered him, fists clenched so hard the knuckles whitened and his pulse had sky rocked.

She sat there crouched down, back against the wall in midst of the shadow cast by the alley. 

The tear stains down her cheeks, the red nose and glassy eyes - they were blank and emotionless as she placed the cigarette bud to her lips.


He just stood there, clothes soaked draping and sticking to his body. His hair stuck to his face, holding the umbrella in his tightly closed hand. Minhyuk knew she usually would do these things, when she emotionally couldn't handle her stress and emotions because of her relationship.

Her hardships, he has been supporting as well as he could through text messages and the few facetalks where she called him in hics and suppressed sobs. But, this time he couldn't leave her be alone, he has been through only half way of her relationship with her boyfriend whom he had still yet to meet.

Her short black hair hung down in wet strands as she tried to cover her eyes, exhaling smoke after smoke and quite sighs.

Last time she called him had been months ago and he had worried ever since and hoping, selfishly that she or her boyfriend would end it.

They had been dating for 4 years, meeting in their teens they felt in love in an instant, she travelled the world to be with him till it brought her to Korea, her boyfriend's native country as well as his.

Minhyuk only got to know her a few months prior to her arrival to Korea and couldn't wait to meet this amazing guy whom had this extraordinary girl as his girlfriend. But, the relationship wasn't easy.

She wasn't Korean, she was smart but without a university degree because she sacrificed years of studying to be with the man she loved.

He admired that, but her family inlaw saw it differently. She started doing her everything, she had no money left by the time she came to Korea she worked small illegal tutor jobs and started out doing fitting model jobs paid cashforward.

Till she got scouted by a headhunter for a program, even though it didn't go as everyone hoped for she didn't give up.

Studying hours and hours a day by her own to learn the language, working out like no tomorrow but, everything was hard. Very hard on her mental and emotional state, everyone misunderstood her actions and her kindness and it made her weak.

The boyfriend's family wanted them to break up and send her back to her home country and end everything. What seemed like an expiration date on said relationship, she had called Minhyuk that night, whom she saw as her best friend in Korea but, clearly never had the time to be there for her because of his busy schedule.

- Hey I really need to talk you

- 'Called at 1:45전후'

- 'Incoming call'

"Yo what's up? Sorry I was in the bathroom" Minhyuk said adjusting the phone so the camera showed his face, her camera was dark and blurred as her breathing was twitchy, her voice trembled as she tried to speak up.


"My boyfriend...Argh, It hurts" She stopped and hit her chest, throwing her head down.

"What happened?"

"We..have to break up in a few months....Its not certain but, it feels like we have to...my heart is broken, I feel like a million pieces...of empty and pain.."

The tears wetted her face, streaming down her cheeks. It broke his heart, "How do you feel?" He asked, "Bro..I feel destroyed and empty, I need a drink, a lot" She said covering her eyes leaning backwards. "I dont know what to do" She whispered.

"I..kinda am not surprised from what I've seen. You're been under so much pressure and pain I think it might be for the better, I know you love him and you've done nothing but, be there and please his family. Clearly it isn't good for you to be here" He said carefully speaking honestly.


- You should be with me, the thoughts crept in the back of his head but, he shook his head and avoided them. She pulled out a cigeratte and smoked it in no time, "I called you as soon as I went outside..I needed to talk to you and tell you, you're the only who knows...I dont know what to do anymore" She said as she shifted around and cried silently in the dark.