TWIST 7: Acquaintances and Rivalries

Twisted Fate

 

ACQUAINTANCES AND RIVALRIES

 

DARA’s POV

 

The bell had rung, signaling my break for the day but I was still deep in thoughts of the things that I must do and requirements that I must meet. I could say that the coming weeks would be a bit hectic due to some projects that I would be doing. Early this morning I got a call from Ms. Nam, the organizer of the fashion week event that I would cover by the end of the month. I was one of the featured designers for the event and Ms. Nam had called to remind me of the deadline of the submission of the designs for my collection, which would be by the end of the week. It’s a good thing that she called because the event had totally slipped my mind. Now the big problem is I haven’t started anything yet and there’s only 6 days left for me to come up with 10 designs, complete with all the details and, according to Ms. Nam, I should present my designs with at least 3 finished dresses for the presentation on the deadline itself. Just thinking about it makes me dizzy but this was the life that I chose. Though it’s kinda hard, it’s pretty enjoyable and very satisfying. Just imagine that on the day of the event I could meet different super models, and maybe I could meet my prospect fashion companies.

 

I entered the cafeteria and proceeded to my usual table. It’s kinda sad to eat alone but I don’t have a choice since Youngbae oppa still had a class by now. I ate my lunch and started drafting my design collection. I was busy finishing the details of my second design when my phone suddenly rang. I looked at the caller but it was from an unregistered number.

 

“Hello?” I asked, still continuing my work.

 

“Hey it’s me. Where are you?” a familiar voice asked.

 

“Sorry but may I know who’s this?” I asked curiously.

 

“Jiyong here,” the caller answered.

 

“Jiyong? How did you get my number?” I was surprised that he’s the caller. As far as I know, I didn’t give my phone number to him.

 

“I’ve got sources,” Jiyong lightly chuckled from the other line. Sources? How? I only knew one person who could give him my contacts and that’s Youngbae, but I’m sure he won’t just give it without asking my permission. “As I’ve said I got sources Dara so don’t try thinking where I got it because you wouldn’t know. Hahaha!” the crazy Jiyong said, as if answering my thoughts.

 

“Aisht! Whatever! So why did you call?” I asked as I resumed doing my work, raising my brows.

 

“Where are you?” he asked instead.

 

“You didn’t answer my question,” I stated, rolling my eyes.

 

“Where are you?” Jiyong repeated in a bit serious tight tone. I hesitated at first but it seemed like there was a bit of urgency in his voice so I chose to just answer his question. “Here at the cafeteria,” I said as I sipped my drink.

 

“Why are you there?” he asked. Was he seriously asking me that question?

 

“Of course to eat my lunch. Duh!” I answered in a mocking tone.

 

“Do you have any class after lunch?” he asked nonchalantly.

 

“Nope...hey! Why do you keep on asking questions? What do you really want huh?? Don’t tell me you just called for nothing, just to spare your time. I don’t have time for your foolish antics Jiyong okay?” I said, a bit irritated mixed with the thought of the stress I felt in doing my work.

 

“Okay okay...” he said, sounding bored. “Since you don’t have classes after lunch, we’ll have a rehearsal for our class performance in humanities,” said Jiyong.

 

“Can’t we do it some other time? I have a few requirements to do so...,” I told him, hoping that he would let this day pass.

 

“The rehearsal is also one of your requirements Dara, our requirement for our class. I’ll meet you later. Don’t forget arasso?” he countered. Well, he has a point on that.

 

“Okay boss, but where are we going to have our rehearsal?” I asked as I drew the finishing touches of my design.

 

“Here at the Hideout,” answered Jiyong.

 

“There? Would you fetch me at the lobby or something like that?” I asked, suddenly remembering that only members were allowed to enter the said venue and that only VIPs were allowed to bring their companions in.

 

“Nope. You’ll go here by yourself. I can’t go down since the boys and I are still doing our own stuffs at the studio. I’ll just meet you in one of the rehearsal rooms here later,” he answered.

 

“How can I do that? Remember I’m not a member and no VIP would accompany me...unless you’ll ask anyone to fetch me at the lobby,” I said, thinking that Jiyong might ask TOP to go down and fetch me at the lobby. Haha!

 

“I know you’re thinking that I would ask TOP hyung to fetch you at the lobby, right? Ha! Sorry lady but that won’t happen,” said Jiyong as he chuckled. I could even imagine his head shaking in amusement. Tsk.

 

“Yah! I didn’t think that okay!” I denied in a defensive tone. He just laughed at my remark. He’s really fond of teasing me to TOP right? But I admit that I like it. Hahaha!

 

“Don’t worry about it. I already left your name at the front desk so all you have to do is approach anyone there and tell them your name and that you’re meeting me for a rehearsal. They’ll ask you for a pass code, which I would send to you later. Just remember not to tell it to anyone okay?” Jiyong explained.

 

“Okay. Then how would I know where to go? You know how similar the places are inside the Hideout,” I said as I noticed the crowd gathering at the other side of the cafeteria.

 

“The person in charged of the desk will give you the directions and since you’re not good with directions, I personally asked them to give you the main map of the floor. I wrote some notes there so you could easily understand. Any more concerns?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Alright. I get it. I’ll just go there maybe after an hour. I still have to finish something first,” I said as I continued to look at the people who got a bit noisy. They seemed to be watching something, as if there’s a show going on.

 

“Hey, are you still there?” Jiyong’s voice broke my thoughts. “I’m sorry. What’s that again?” I asked, regaining my attention to our conversation.

 

“I said, don’t be late okay? You must be here after an hour or else you’ll see the consequence okay?” said Jiyong.

 

“Okay boss, I get it,” I replied sarcastically. Then the crowd started to become loud. Just imagine a crowd in an arena, cheering for their bets.

 

“What’s happening in there?” Jiyong asked curiously as he also heard the loud crowd across the cafeteria.

 

“Oh nothing. I think the people here were just watching something and they’re too noisy if I may add...okay Jiyong. I’ll hang up now. Bye!” I hanged up and fixed my things to go to somewhere peaceful but my curiosity led me closer to the cheering crowd. I was about to ask one of the people there when they started rooting the name of someone I don’t know.

 

 

“TIF-FA-NY! TIF-FA-NY! TIF-FA-NY!” the crowd began to cheer. So who’s Tiffany and why were they rooting for her name? Curious, I continued to walk through the crowd until I reached the front of it, seeing two girls in the middle. One pretty girl, who I assumed to be Tiffany, stood in the middle while the other girl was on the floor soaked in something slimy. I can’t help but pity the girl on the floor. It was just so unsightly to see someone being bullied. I turned my attention to Tiffany. She was very familiar but I just couldn’t remember where I saw her or how I met her. Oh! I know now! As far as I could remember, she was one of those mean girls who approached me before. I was angered by the current scenario that I went to the pitiful girl and shielded her from the sauce that Tiffany was about to throw to her. The crowd became silent and I could here the silent murmurs dominating the area.

 

“Who’s that girl?” one of them asked.

 

“She’s brave enough huh,” the other stated.

 

“Is she stupid? She’s in deep trouble now. Tsk tsk,” another one said.

 

“Hey you!” Tiffany called for me. I turned to her and by the looks of it, she seemed to be surprised and amused to see me. “Oh hi Dara...nice to see you AGAIN,” she greeted sarcastically, emphasizing on the last word. “So...what? Do you want something like that too huh?” she mockingly asked. “Are you trying to be the heroine of that girl huh?” she continued, raising her brows at me.

 

“Why are you doing this?” I gritted as I glared at her.

 

“Why you ask? Just for fun honey. Just for fun. Nothing personal, right girls?” she said, looking at the other two mean girls behind her, who were smiling, definitely amused. “I just wanted to give the people a show...something...they would enjoy,” she added, laughing like a madman.

 

“What’s so enjoyable in doing this thing huh? Hurting people is not the right way to enjoy,” I said as I looked intently to Tiffany. She went closer and held my chin up tightly, closer to her, piercing her nails through my skin. “As I see it, your definition of enjoyment is far way different from ours so don’t try to tell me what to do because you’re just a nobody arasso?” she said as she held my chin tighter. I winced at the pain brought by the sharp nails of Tiffany, digging deeply into my cheeks.

 

“I may just be a nobody but admit to yourselves that THIS nobody is a threat to the three of you, am I right?” I countered, raising my brows as I alternately looked at the faces of the three to mock them. I could hear the hushed reactions of the crowd. Then, Tiffany suddenly laughed. “You? A threat? Oh come on! Don’t be so full of yourself. You don’t know who you’re talking to young girl. So if I were you, back off or you’ll regret it in the end,”

 

“Then go ahead b*tch!” I said, which obviously angered her. I knew she’s gonna slap me so I closed my eyes and anticipated her hand on my cheeks but to my surprise nothing happened.

 

“Tiffany!” someone said. I opened my eyes and was surprised to see Youngbae holding the wrist of Tiffany. “Stop this...now!” he commanded. Youngbae is a serious person, yes, but I’ve never seen him this pissed.

 

“Oppa!” Tiffany said, obviously shocked at the sudden appearance of Youngbae. I stood up and helped the pitiful girl beside me stand up. She was so dirty but I helped her wiped the stain off her dress.

 

“What is this again Tiffany?” Youngbae asked in a tight tone, obviously angered by the current situation.

 

“N-nothing! W-we’re just...h-having...fun!” Tiffany stuttered as she tried to regain her composure. Obviously she’s trying to appear like an innocent girl to Youngbae. She’s such a . Aisht! Now I hate her.

 

“Is THIS having fun Tiffany?” Youngbae asked, releasing her wrist, then went to me. Tiffany didn’t answer and by the look on her face, she was trying not to burst in anger as she glared at me.

 

“We’re not yet done Sandara Park,” Tiffany threatened before retreating. “Sulli, Victoria, let’s go!” she told the other two, who went out with her, without missing a glare at me.

 

“Are you okay Dara? Were you hurt?” Youngbae asked as he checked the part of my cheek that was bruised by Tiffany’s nails.

 

“I’m okay, don’t worry about me. The one who’s not okay is her,” I told Youngbae as I turned to the poor little girl. “Are you okay?” I asked her, patting her dress to at least get rid of some of the slime in her clothing. She didn’t answer immediately. I even thought she’s deaf or something but then she replied after a few moments. “I’m okay, I’m used to it,” the girl answered.

 

“So they always do this to you? Why won’t you fight for yourself?” I felt a mixture of anger and irritation. I was angered by the fact that Tiffany and the other girls were doing this kind of things to this pitiful girl, and irritated by the fact that this girl wouldn’t defend herself from the mean girls. Arggh!

 

“I chose not to, since it would just be a big trouble,” she silently replied. Gawd! Was she a martyr? Because I’m definitely not.

 

“What’s your name by the way?” asked Youngbae as we headed to the nearest comfort room.

 

“I’m Lee Min Jung,” she simply told us. I left her for a while and asked Youngbae to wait for us outside. I went to my locker, and luckily I had brought spare clothing for the day. I went back to the comfort room and handed Min Jung the spare clothes.

 

“I hope those clothes would fit you,” I said as she went inside one of the cubicles to change. She was done after a few moments. I smiled as I looked at her reflection after she had changed. “The dress was perfect for you. You could use that throughout the day,” I smilingly told her while preparing my things as we headed for the door. I was surprised when she suddenly held my hand. “Thanks, but you don’t have to do this...really. You’ll just be in trouble,” said Min Jung, concern visible in her eyes.

 

“You’re welcome but don’t stop us from helping you. Just think of it as more of a charity,” I showed her my sweetest smile. Holding her hands, we both went out of the comfort room.

 

----------------------------------------------

DARA’s POV

 

Youngbae and I decided to take a walk at the garden with Min Jung. As the conversation went on, we got to know that she was also a new student like me. At first, one would say that she’s a shy person but in reality she’s not. I mean, she’s totally a conversationalist and from the looks of it, she could be very smart. The three of us easily got well along.

 

As we continued walking, my attention was caught by the gigantic wall clock at the top of the main lobby outside the Business Building. My eyes widened as the realization hit me.

 

“Omo! I totally forgot!” I exclaimed, making Youngbae and Min Jung look at me wearing surprised reactions.

 

“What is it?” Youngbae asked, still staring at me, clearly confused with the sudden fuss.

 

“I’m sorry guys, but I gotta go...I totally forgot that I have something to do after lunch. Enjoy the rest of the conversation okay? I’ll make it up to you next time okay? See you around! Bye!” I said as I started to run away. Omo! Why did I ever forget about the rehearsal?! I bet Jiyong was already angry. But I still hoped that he, too, didn’t take notice of the time or else, who knows what would happen yikes!

 

--------------------------------------------

(At the Hideout)

 

“Hyung, will you stop walking back and forth as if you’re a retard,” complained Seungri but when Jiyong stopped and glared at him, he knew he spitted out something not so nice. “I was just joking okay? But hyung why are you being like that? Come on! Relax. Don’t worry our songs will be done by the end of the week,” Seungri continued.

 

“That’s not what’s bugging him,” TOP inserted as he continued writing the drafts of his composition.

 

“Huh? Then what?” asked Seungri, confused with what TOP had said.

 

“You know how I value time right?!” Jiyong’s raging voice boomed inside the studio. The other boys, except for TOP, turned to look at him, surprised with his sudden outburst. “...and you all know how I hate being late right?!” he continued.

 

“Jiyong calm down. Maybe she’s on her way up here now,” TOP calmly said as if Jiyong’s outrage was the most common thing that happens everyday.

 

“You’ve told me those phrases countless times already hyung. One hour late is just unbearable!” said Jiyong, crossing his arms on his chest, obviously irritated.

 

“W-wait. What is this all about? She? Who is ‘she’?” asked Seungri, totally confused with the current situation. Suddenly, the door slid aside revealing a panting Dara, totally exhausted as if she had run miles. The other boys turned to look at her. She glanced at TOP who was signaling that she’s dead.

 

“Jiyong! I’m so sorry. I didn’t take notice of the time because there was a little commotion at the cafeteria and —” she was interrupted when Jiyong held her wrist tightly and dragged him out the studio.

 

“Jiyong...wait, Jiyong...I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be late,” Dara protested but Jiyong won’t stop walking. She tried to get away from his grasp but every time she tried, his hold would just get tighter.

 

“Look Jiyong...I’m sorry okay?” said she, irritated by his stubborn acts. Jiyong continued to drag Dara until they reached a rehearsal room. He pushed her in front to face him. The two just stared at each other for a moment, both filled with irritation toward the other. “Jiyong, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to be late. It was just that I was involved in a commotion at the cafete—” she narrated in a calm voice but was immediately cut off by Jiyong.

 

“Enough Dara. No excuses. You chose to be late then fine. I know you might be thinking that I’m being too harsh regarding this issue but let me tell you this. I value time and every second is important to me. I don’t care about your principles or what but when you’re with me, be professional enough okay? Always remember that I won’t allow any excuses because you choose whatever decision you make. Are we clear?” said Jiyong. When Dara didn’t answer, he repeated, “Are we clear??” Dara slightly nodded without directly looking at his eyes. She was pissed off as well, and agreeing to whatever Jiyong said was just a better way to stop him.

 

“Then we’ll start. Just wait for me here, I’ll just get the CD from the office,” Jiyong said before he left Dara inside the rehearsal room. When he’s out of earshot Dara faced the mirrored wall and talked to herself.

 

‘I won’t allow any excuses because you choose whatever decision you make,’” she mockingly imitated what Jiyong had said. “He’s so full of himself. He thinks he’s mighty enough to act that way towards me? If he continues to act like that, I’ll definitely fly a kick towards him,” she continued. She was still mumbling some incoherent thoughts when the red mark on her right cheek caught her attention. The cut brought by Tiffany’s sharp nails left a reddening mark. She forgot to go to the clinic to have it checked since she was in a hurry to go to the Hideout.

 

“That girl was indeed a fierce one. I should be careful next time,” she mumbled in front of the mirror.

 

“Girl who?” she was a bit surprised upon hearing Jiyong’s voice who was now walking toward her. “Who’s the girl you’re talking about...and what happened to your cheek?” he asked curiously as he noticed the cut on her face.

 

“Oh nothing. It’s none of your business anyway,” she said grudgingly as Jiyong went closer. “Don’t tell me you stupidly ran onto something and got a cut like that?” he asked as he held her face and examined the cut on her cheek. Dara just pulled his hands off her face. “I said, it’s none of your business Mr. Kwon. And just a while ago you told me you don’t want any explanations, so there you go. I’ll shut up.”

 

Jiyong went to the cabinets to look for some band aids. Upon getting it, he went back to Dara who was putting the disc into the music player. He faced Dara and put the strips onto her cheek with some pressure. “Ouch!” Dara winced at the pain. “Be careful! That hurts.”

 

“That’s what you get for being so stubborn,” he mumbled.

 

“What?” She glared at him, who was busy scanning the number of the right song. He looked at her through the mirror and said in a more serious tone, “I said, let’s start. We’re wasting time.”

 

 

Jiyong taught Dara the steps which he choreographed himself. The steps were simple so as to be easily memorized by Dara. There were steps which required close contact between them so Dara somehow reacted. “Hey, why do those steps have to be part of our routine?” she asked, hands on her waist. “I don’t think it’s really necessary. We could have this one,” said Dara as she showed him her own version of the steps. “...and this one...then this one...” she continued doing some bizarre actions.

 

“Dara stop. You’re just being an eyesore you know that? We need to have those steps because we need to at least act like we are attracted to each other in some way. I told you it’s part of our concept Dara. Are you even listening?” he told her in a quite irritated tone. He was telling the same thing over and over again but Dara won’t just listen.

 

“Why do we need to have a concept anyway?” she snorted as she walked to get her bottled water inside her bag. But her words didn’t escaped Jiyong’s ears.

 

“Because we need to captivate the attention of the audience and that is very essential in a performance. We need to engage them to the story behind our song so that they can relate to it and not just hang them there and watch them bore,” he explained patiently.

 

“I don’t think our song is a boring one, Jiyong. Actually it’s good and the beat of the song is something the audience could enjoy and follow. So why bother get their attention?” she asked.

 

Jiyong just stared at her, wearing a blank expression. “You know what? You’re smart enough to say those things but you don’t have a common sense. Performing in front of the people is not just getting their attention nor making them follow your moves or the beat of the song. It’s more than that Dara. The purpose of a song is to express whatever emotions are inside the heart of the composer. The purpose of a performer and a performance is to make the people engage in your own little show, to make them feel the song, to communicate them the meaning and the emotion of the song through your actions. It’s more than acting a little lovey-dovey in front of them Dara. It’s really more than that.” Jiyong said, emphasizing every essential idea. He walked back and sat in one of the chairs inside the rehearsal room. Dara, on the other hand, was rendered speechless by the things Jiyong told her.

 

 

“Just tell me when you’re done drinking.” His voice brought her back to senses. “We can’t afford to waste time,” he continued.

 

 

In the end, Dara agreed to the rest of their routine and they were able to practice thrice before they decided to end the session. They walked silently down the hallway to the elevator. Apparently, Dara seemed to be so quiet since that conversation with Jiyong, and this didn’t miss his attention.

 

“Are you okay Dara?” he asked but earned just a slight nod from her. Dara was obviously not in the mood to talk about it but Jiyong still continued. “I’m sorry about a while ago. What should I expect from you? You’re not even an entertainer,” he chuckled. “Just...don’t mind me okay? I’m really sorry,” he said but Dara remained silent. Inside the elevator, the two shared an awkward silence until they reached the ground floor. As they went out Dara suddenly stopped in her tracks and broke the silence.

 

“Jiyong...I’m also sorry. I didn’t mean to be such a disaster,” she said, head bowed down.

 

“It’s okay. At least we’re both sorry.” He patted the shoulders of Dara and they walked side by side toward the main lobby. “See you tomorrow. Same time same place. Don’t be late arasso?” he told her. “And don’t be too moody boss or you’ll really get a sample from me!” she countered, chuckling. “It depends,” he joked. “

 

---------------------------------------------------

JIYONG’s POV

(Back at the Hideout)

 

“Guys, I just received a message from President YG. He said that he needs to see the project proposal for the Music Festival tonight, so we must finalize now the things that we should include for the Music Festival. First are the songs that we need to make. How many songs would you want to include in the final list? President YG asked about 2-3 songs,” Jiyong told the boys as he sat in on of the counters beside the computer.

 

“So far, we came up with drafts of 2 songs while you were gone. It’s still raw so you need to check it out first. I think we should have 4 songs, one of which would feature someone out of our team. I think a girl would do. That would be our new offer to the students,” Top said.

 

“Yeah. That would be a good idea. So who would be the girl?” Daesung asked. “It’s not that easy to look for the right voice for the kind of music that we have. We need someone who has a distinctive voice that could jive with our voices.”

 

“Hey guys, I thought you want Dara as a feature in our song?” Seungri inserted while munching some donuts he bought from the cafeteria. “I think she has a distinctive voice that would captivate the audience.”

 

“Oh right. Dara would be a perfect candidate for the slot, isn’t she?” Top remarked, turning to Jiyong.

 

“Hmmm...I think she has the voice but the question is would her voice fit ours?” Jiyong asked them. “And if it does, would she be willing to lend a hand to us knowing that she could be popular once she collaborated with us. I don’t think she’s the type who wants to be popular. And consider also her stage performance in case she would be chosen as our featured performer. She could easily get the steps right during our rehearsal awhile ago but I don’t think she has the right stage attitude that would match ours.”

 

“As for the voice, I think she could fit with ours especially if the song we make would jive our voices with her. As for the stage attitude, she can be trained. But if you say that she’s not the type who wants popularity, I think that would a bit difficult,” Top said thoughtfully.

 

“Okay. So you all agree that we will have 4 songs? Can we make it on time?” Jiyong asked them.

 

“Of course. We could do it on time,” Top replied nonchalantly.

 

“And you all agree with the feature thing? Any more comments about it?” Jiyong asked and upon hearing no answer, he continued. “I guess there’s none. We’ll talk about the final details about that when we’re done with the songs. So for the feature thing, we will still look for other possible featured performer aside from Dara. Next, I would include the rehearsal period for the Music Festival. Guys, we should never forget that we are the number one group in this university. To maintain that, we must show an outstanding performance and give continuous surprises with our song. So...well, do you guys have other more concerns to include in the proposal? I guess there’s none? Okay guys, let’s all pack up and have yourself take a good rest okay?” Jiyong said as the other boys started to pack their things to go home.

 

“Aren’t you going home yet Ji?” Top asked upon noticing that the former seemed not ready to go home yet.

 

“Nope. I still had to finish some stuffs first before going home,” Jiyong replied nonchalantly as he was typing the written proposal to be submitted to the President.

 

“Don’t be too worked-up okay? We can’t afford to risk your health especially now arasso? Get some rest too Ji.” Top put his hands on Jiyong’s shoulder. “I will. Thanks bro! Bye!” the latter replied as the boys went out of the studio.

 

----------------------------------------------------

JIYONG’s POV

 

It was already late in the evening when I finished talking with President YG. I was happy to know that most of our ideas were approved by the president. Only few needed revisions and it would definitely be a good start for us knowing that the president was very keen to the details of a project.

 

I arrived in our house and, as usual, greeted by the loyal mansion maids. Actually it was an everyday scene that it became my habit to give them my jacket and other stuffs. I was never the “señorito” type because I really want to be independent. Actually I would really want to live outside this empty mansion but the only thing that hindered me was the fact that I don’t have enough money and I admit that I couldn’t earn money without my parents’ interference. Besides, there’s still a hope in me that one day my father would give me attention by the time he would need me as his heir. But there’s nothing more to it. It was just a wish that I knew was close to impossibility.

 

I was about to go upstairs when I heard a very familiar voice from the kitchen, a voice that I missed so much even though she was gone for only a few weeks. I hastily went to the kitchen and hugged my dear sister, Dami.

 

“Yah Jiyong! What are you doing huh?” she asked, laughing. I savor the moment and not uttered even a single word. I just missed her so much that I couldn’t let go of her. “Yah Jiyong! Will you stop this? You’re choking me!” Dami noona chuckled. “Aigoo my little bro. You missed me that much eh?” she asked, still chuckling. I just nodded eagerly and hugged her tightly. How I really missed her. She was my refuge in this solitary mansion, the only one who understands me ever since.

 

“So...are there any bad news from my little brother?” she asked as soon as I calmed down. She sipped her drink as she looked at me intently. “I never bring bad news you know that,” I chuckled. “Just in case. Who knows you might be engaging in some illegal stuffs there.” She shrugged. “Just kidding...haha! So...how about good news? Is there any?” she asked while refilling another glass of red wine.

 

“Well...there is. I just passed a proposal to President YG for the coming Music Festival and fortunately there were just a few revisions to be made. Most of our ideas were accepted,” I told her, not hiding the hint of excitement in my voice.

 

“That’s good to hear. I know the President is hard to please. Well...you guys have the guts to give him the kind of song and performance that he wanted. Just keep up the good work bro. I believe in you. We believe in you,” she said as she held my hands while looking intently at me. “Correction. Only YOU believed in me...ever since,” I told her but she just gave me a disapproving look. “What? I’m only saying the truth,” I said, avoiding her stares. “You know it’s not true Jiyong. Mom would always support us in everything we do...because she believes in us,” she said with a hint of solitude in her voice.

 

Dami noona was my ever loving and understanding sister but I wasn’t the little Jiyong anymore, who used to believe in everything she said. I know that she was just trying to save the family but I’m not blind and numb to know that this family was already rotten by money and greed. “Yeah right...but she, too, changed. I could feel that. But I never blamed her for all this bitterness I taste because I know that Dad was the one who changed her. I’m lucky enough that I still have you noona. I hope you won’t change,” I said.

 

“Of course I won’t. I’ll always be your noona and you’ll always be my little brother. I only hope that you, too, won’t change Jiyong. Don’t be too cold on them because I’m afraid that one day I’ll wake up and you gone frozen with resentment,” she said.

 

“You know what? You’re the worst,” I told her, preventing the tears that was threatening to escape my eyes. “Huh? And why is that?” she asked, raising her brows. “Because you’re the only one who could make me emotional like this with your pretty words. And I hate it.” I scowled.

 

“Haha! Well that’s my ability you know?” she laughed. It’s really unfair that I was being too emotional I could cry while she just sat in front of me laughing. “I’ll hit you if you won’t stop laughing,” I threatened her as she continued laughing at me. “Ah you won’t stop huh? Come here!” I told her as she started running out of the kitchen. I knew it was a little unsightly to see us running around the house since we’re already grown up but who cares? I just missed this and forever I will treasure this moment in the depths of my heart.

 

-----------------------------------------------

DARA’s POV

 

I was going out of the library when I received a message from Jiyong. He said that we will have to rehearse again for our humanities subject. Same time, same place. Since I don’t have any subjects to attend I went there earlier than the usual so as to avoid his rage. Keke. I was already in the elevator when he called me.

 

“Hello?” I asked, pressing for the 9th floor.

 

“Hey...where are you now? Don’t be late again arasso?” he said in a very demanding tone. I could imagine his hands on his waist and his eyebrows curved up. “Yes boss. I’m currently in the elevator of the Hideout going up,” I said nonchalantly.

 

“Oh I see that you’ve learned your lesson eh? You’re way too early,” he chuckled.

 

“Don’t think of it as my compliance with your orders okay? I’m just showing you my punctuality. Being late is not my thing so here I am being extra early,” I shrugged.

 

“Well I don’t think so,” he chuckled again.

 

“So be it,” I said, smirking. “I’ll hang up. I’m already at the 9th floor. Bye!” I hanged up without waiting for his reply. I walked through the hallway until I reached the sliding door of their studio. I was greeted by Seungri.

 

“Noona! Why are you here? Are you going to record your part?” he asked offering me a seat.

 

“Huh? What part?” I asked, confused with what he said.

 

“Aren’t you going to be our featured perf–.” He was cut when TOP clutched .

 

“She’s here for the rehearsal with Jiyong. Am I right Dara?” TOP said turning to me while poor Seungri was trying to take away the former’s hands from his mouth. I just nodded in response, totally confused with them. I looked for Jiyong around the studio but it seemed he’s not around.

 

“Where’s Jiyong by the way?” I asked them while still looking for him around.

 

“He just went to the restroom Dara. He’ll be here in a minute. Are you going to start your rehearsal right now?” Daesung asked while the other two were still having their silent conversation at the side.

 

“Nope. I’m early for our agreed time of rehearsal. I don’t have any classes so I decided to go here instead,” I answered with a smile. “Are you done with your stuffs?” I asked them.

 

“Hmm...not really, though we already finished the drafts of the song. We still have to finalize some parts. I think we are quite close to being done,” Daesung said as he was flipping through the pages of music sheets he was holding. I went closer to him to see their work.

 

“Did all of you make all those?” I asked, looking at the music sheets.

 

“Yup but most of the works were done by Jiyong and Top hyung,” Daesung shrugged. “Here...wanna see?” He handled me a sheet with lyrics and notes. I can’t help but be amazed again with them especially to Jiyong and Top. All of them are awesome. Seeing Top and Seungri wrestle at the couch made me think how they could make such songs. They were all really talented. I was still reading the rest of the lyrics when someone snatched the paper from my grasp. “This is none of your business young lady,” Jiyong said as he walked to the computers in front of the recording booth.

 

I stared at him with my brows curved up. ‘What the heck is his problem with me now?’ I thought. Don’t tell me he was angry because I arrived early? I turned to Daesung and he just shrugged at me. I noticed that Top and Seungri stopped joking around and resumed what they were doing a while ago. Suddenly Jiyong stood up and walked to me. “Dara could you wait for me outside? You know...we are currently in the process of finishing our songs. If you don’t mind?” he asked me plastering a smile. Well I was already confused with his acts. If he didn’t want me hanging around their studio, he could have told me a while ago. Aisht! His alias G-dragon really suited him.

 

I went outside and he followed me. He held my wrist and looked at me with a blank expression. We were like that for some seconds then he burst out laughing. I raised my brows my hands on my waist. “You know what? Your expression was just priceless!” he said, still laughing his heart out.

 

“What?” I hissed, irritated. My eyes turned into tiny slits. Was he making fun of me again?

 

“Sorry...I was just joking okay? But really, you should not be inside since our songs are something that the students anticipate for and we can’t afford to let you spill some details outside before the Music Festival. I hope you understand right?” he said smiling at me.

 

“It’s alright but you should have told me beforehand. You know...I felt so embarrassed a while ago,” I said.

 

“Don’t worry Top would not be turned off with what you did since they all know my plan. Haha!” he laughed at me. Aigoo! Why did this man always want me to be humiliated and in front of Top! I showed him a blank expression and waited for him to stop laughing.

 

“Are you done?” I raised my brows, arms folded in front of my chest, as he calmed down. “Are you done making fun of me?”

 

“Okay. Look I’m sorry okay?” he said, obviously trying to suppress his laughter. “I’m really sorry,” he said, pulling off an expression that I think he always use to allure girls.

 

“Whatever. Are you trying to seduce me with that expression of yours? I’m sorry but I’m not buying it,” I said nonchalantly.

 

“I know...” he said, smirking.

 

“How about the rehearsal?” I asked.

 

“Oh right! Can you stay here for a while or maybe have a trip around the building first to pass your time. There is a waiting lounge just around the corner if you want to. I’ll just text you if we’re done with our project. But surely we won’t be too long,” assured Jiyong.

 

“Okay. I’ll wait,” I nodded, turned my back and started walking away.

 

“Okay. See you later!” he said. I just waved back a hand as I continued walking. I heard the sliding of the door and I was left alone in this very quiet hallway. It’s not really creepy but I was really afraid of being left alone in a secluded area such as this hallway. Don’t get me wrong. This place looked like a very expensive hotel. It’s just me who was very fearful.

 

I wandered around and tried to look for the waiting lounge that Jiyong told me. But as I turned to my right I heard a faint sound somewhere along the way. No it’s not a sound that you here from those horror films. It’s a sound of a beating music. I was curious so I searched for the source of the sound until I reached a slightly opened door of a rehearsal room. Inside I saw a girl dancing in front of a mirrored wall. I peeked in, careful not to be noticed. I was amazed by how she could pull of such a very smooth dance routine. I loved to look at her complex moves that I can’t help but unconsciously clap my hands. She turned around and was surprised to see me. She walked toward me as she looked directly into my eyes. I was about to greet her, offer my hand for a handshake, and tell her my name but I was shut when she forcefully closed the tinted door in front me. I was really shocked by her sudden gesture. I could feel that I wasn’t welcomed by her. I just thought that maybe it was just a normal reaction for an intruder like me. I shouldn’t be walking around here in the first place since I didn’t belong here. I was an unwanted guest.

 

I just shrugged the idea and decided to look for that waiting lounge until I saw it at last. I sat and took my sketch pad out of my bag. I should be productive while waiting for Jiyong so I continued drafting my designs for the upcoming fashion event. I already finished 5 designs so far and 5 more to do, and there’s still a finished dress to be done by the end of the week. Aigoo...such a heavy load.

 

As I draft my designs, there were people who passed by me. Most of them looked at me and probably wondering why I was inside this Hideout. I greeted them with a smile and most of them were courteous enough to greet me back but there were also some who cared less about me.

 

Minutes passed but still there was no message from Jiyong. Then suddenly someone approached me and asked, “Those are cool designs. What’s that for?” I looked up and saw Top looking intently at my designs. I couldn’t answer right away. Top...in front of me...with no one else around...just made my heart beat faster. I never felt like this when Jiyong would be around us but now that Top and I were left alone in this very quiet place, it was as if I was floating in the air. I hope he won’t hear the loud beat of my heart.

 

Top met my gaze and I could feel myself melting from his intense stare. All the things I was holding fell down on the floor causing a ringing noise that awaked me from my reverie. Instinctively he picked up my things from the floor while I hung there speechless.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked as he handled me my stuffs and sat beside me. Well you see, the couch was just made for three persons and my bag at my left occupied a space good for one so just imagine how close we were and imagine how I could maintain such closeness!

 

“Dara?” he asked again, her words seemed like a spell to my ears. I was still in a daze when he patted my shoulder. “Y-yes? Uhm...s-sorry...w-what’s that again?” I asked without looking at him, pretending to continue my unfinished design.

 

“I said, are you okay? You seemed to be anxious,” he said.

 

“M-me? No! I’m not a-anxious...I’m o-okay! Hehe...” I stuttered. I hope he wouldn’t ask for more because I don’t know if I can hold in this giddiness. One thing I really wanted was to hug him but I can’t do that especially now! What an awkward atmosphere.

 

“Ahh okay...I thought you’re sick or something. Did you make all these designs?” he asked as he took the sketch pad from my hands. I just nodded. “Are you a fashion designer or is it just one of your amazing hobbies?” he asked while flipping through the pages.

 

“Both. I’m currently undertaking a course in fashion designing and I do make some scribbles during my free time,” I said smilingly.

 

“Wow. That’s cool!” he said in amazement. “Do you plan to make these designs into reality? I mean do you plan on making these to actual ones. These are really great designs.”

 

“Well...actually I made those designs for a fashion event. I was featured as one of the amateur designers so I have to make 10 different designs and at least 3 of those designs should be presented in actual to the organizers for approval. I’m currently in a hurry to finish those before the end of the week,” I told him, earning a fascinated look from him.

 

“Wow. That’s great! I haven’t met an actual fashion designer so I’m fortunate that I have a friend like you. Here. Please sign me an autograph,” he said as he handed me my sketch pad. 

 

“Are you serious?” I asked and shoot him a confused look.

 

“Do I like I’m kidding?” he said, urging me to sign.

 

“O-okay,” I chuckled. I was really flattered by what he said and that didn’t help to the great effort I was exerting to prevent myself from being too giddy!

 

“I’ve always been a fan of fashion but I don’t dress up the way Jiyong does. I’m not as bizarre as him you know,” he lightly chuckled as he tore from my pad the paper I signed. “Thanks for this. I’ll keep it and show it to my friends in the future when you’re already famous,” he said, putting the paper inside his pocket.

 

“You’re welcome. You’re flattering me too much,” I said as I fixed my things.

 

“I’m just saying my honest opinion,” he said. I wanted to believe that he wasn’t just a sweet talker just like the other guys out there.

 

“Speaking of Jiyong, where is he? Aren’t you guys done with your project yet?” I asked as I turned to him.

 

“Oh right! We’re already done with the songs but he was still busy at the studio with some finishing touches so he asked me to fetch you. By the time we go back to the studio, I bet he would be done already,” he answered as we stood up and started walking.

 

“How did you know I was here?” I curiously asked.

 

“Jiyong told me that you would probably be at the waiting lounge so I went here first. Luckily you’re indeed here,” he said. “Oh give that to me.” Top took my bag and together we headed back to the studio.

 

“Thanks,” I said with a wide smile plastered on my face.

 

-------------------------------------------------

JIYONG’s POV

 

Dara and I finished rehearsing earlier than we had yesterday. She was a fast-learner so we did not have a hard time in practicing the whole routine. She was able to catch-up with the steps perfectly and surprisingly, compared to her performance yesterday, she was able to give the kind of emotion that I wanted her to have for our song. I wasn’t sure yet if our act would be convincing since we didn’t have any audience during the rehearsal. Maybe next time I’ll ask the Bigbang boys to be our audience. That would be a perfect time to test if Dara could still pull off our lovey-dovey act even with Top hyung’s appearance. Now I can’t wait to see her reaction! Haha! ‘Jiyong you’re really a genius!’ I thought smilingly.

 

Suddenly my phone beeped. It was a message from President YG, telling me to go to his office to discuss the details of our Music Festival project. I immediately went there bringing the CD sample of our finished songs. I called the other boys but all of them were already out of the campus. Daesung had a family gathering to attend tonight. Seungri said he’ll meet a close friend after school. While Top hyung said he couldn’t go back to the campus since he had an appointment with some friend tonight. It would have been better if the other boys were with me so they could say out their suggestions.

 

I knocked thrice on the door of the President’s office before entering. I greeted him but I was surprised when I saw Dong Youngbae sitting in one of the chairs in front of the President.

 

“Jiyong have a seat,” the president told me. I was eyeing Youngbae. Why was he here? I took the seat opposite Youngbae and handed a CD to President YG.

 

“Is this already complete?” the president asked me as he placed the CD in the music player.

 

“Yes. Those are finished songs. We just finished it today,” I answered as I took the music sheets out of my bag and placed it on his desk for him to check.

 

“Where are the others?” he asked again.

 

“They were already out when I received your message. They already have their previous appointments so I didn’t bother them anymore,” I simply said earning a chuckle from the president.

 

“Are you being kind now Jiyong?” he asked, still chuckling. I just didn’t know if that chuckle meant he’s okay with the other members’ absence or he’s just simply not used to hear the things I said. I was known to be a ‘ruthless’ leader after all. Oh just kidding.

 

“I guess?” I chuckled lightly. “They deserve it too so why deprive them that?”

 

“This would be the first time we’re discussing about a project without them,” he shrugged as the first song in our track played in the background. We listened to the songs until all of the tracks were done playing.

 

“You said before that you plan to have a song with a piano accompaniment. Where is that?” the president asked.

 

“Yes we plan that but since none of us could play it, we decided not to include it in the track,” I answered. I eyed Youngbae. I think I know now the purpose of his presence in this meeting.

 

“How would you surprise the people when almost all the songs in your tracks have the same genre?” he asked while looking at the music sheets I placed on his desk.

 

“We will have a girl featured performer who will sing the chorus part of the Hello song. At the same time, Hello has fast beats which is different from the previous songs we had,” I said.

 

“Hmm...that would be new. But I think the plan about adding a piano accompaniment to your music would be a good surprise to the people too. Do it. It would be a big hit,” the president said.

 

“Okay, we’ll do that.” I nodded.

 

“By the way Jiyong, here’s Dong Youngbae. You two know each already right?” President YG asked, looking at us. Both Youngbae and I nodded. “I know you’ll be needing a pianist so I asked Mr. Dong to help you guys in carrying out the plan.”

 

“Mr. President. I don’t mean to be rude but we can handle it even without his help,” I told President YG.

 

“How would you that when you can’t even play a piano?” he asked, raising a brow.

 

“We have Teddy hyung to help us with the accompaniment,” I said instinctively. I just didn’t want to work with Dong Youngbae.

 

“You know that he’s currently in America and will be back only by the end of the month. Don’t tell me you’ll wait for him before you finish the song?” the president asked folding his arms above his chest.

 

“We have other friends who could help us,” I said, still searching for alibis to decline his suggestion.

 

“As far as I know, no one in the Entertainment Team could play the piano as good as Youngbae except for Teddy, who is currently unavailable. You can’t let the people outside this building know your plans about the project, can you?” he asked, raising his brows again. I knew that from this point, President YG was already irritated but I would still not agree with working with this Dong Youngbae. The hell I care.

 

“I guess they don’t need my help. That would be fine for me,” Youngbae suddenly said.

 

“Good for you to know.” I smirked as I averted my gaze from the President.

 

“No. They need your help. I know you’ll be of great help to them,” President YG told Youngbae.

 

“How would you know that we really need him?” I asked, suppressing my anger. Was Dong Youngbae that great that President YG insisted in collaborating him with us? Aren’t we enough? Am I not enough?

 

“I just do Jiyong. I just do,” the president simply answered.

 

I stood up and was about to go when Youngbae said, “I think Mr. Kwon doesn’t want to work with me. It’s okay. Besides, I don’t work with unprofessionals.”

 

I turned to him sharply as he looked back at me. “What?” I hissed, facing him.

 

“You heard it right. I don’t work with unprofessionals,” he said again.

 

“Are you saying I am unprofessional?!” I asked, not hiding my anger. He just smirked at me and it angered me more.

 

“Jiyong!” President YG stood up. “Sit down Jiyong!” he continued.

 

“Alright! If you want me to work with this guy, so be it. Let’s see who’s unprofessional,” I said as I picked up my things and started to walk back. “I’m sorry Mr. President. I’ll have to go now,” I said and left the room without missing a glare to Youngbae.

 

I walked out of the room and went to the rooftop and screamed at the top of my lungs just to release all my fury. I just couldn’t stand that guy. That Dong Youngbae! I hated how took everything so coolly. Why was he even here?! I was living a harmonious life, with nothing to worry but now what? He thought he was mighty enough to tell me things like that? Did he even know who I am...who I am before he came here? Aisht! Did he want me to go down the drain while he was enjoying the limelight? Ha! That would never happen.

 

I was still in middle of my rants when I heard the rooftop door opened. I didn’t mind it, thinking that the cleaning lady just went up to get some stuff up here but I was surprised to hear Yoona’s voice.

 

“Jiyong.” Her voice echoed in my head. Why was it so hard to forget the familiarity of her voice as if it was the most delicate sound I ever heard? Why did she still have the same effect on me even after she had left me? I had been doing my best to be numb but why did her faint voice brought back the pain that I learned to forget? Why was life being so unfair to me?

 

“Jiyong,” she said again. I could feel she was nearing me.

 

“Stop. Don’t come closer...what do you want?” I asked without turning back to her. I just continued to watch the busy streets outside the walls of YG University.

 

“How are you?” she asked.

 

“I’m fine...” I said. I didn’t know what to say. There was a long pause before I asked her, “You?”

 

“Same here,” she simply answered.

 

“Why are you here by the way? I thought you asked a leave from President YG,” I asked.

 

Yoona was also part of the Entertainment Team but she wasn’t a VIP yet, like me. Only I, Top hyung, Daesung, Seungri, and Teddy hyung had VIP privileges. Yoona was a trainee for the Entertainment Team before because the four of us recommended her to the president. Yoona and I were still together during those days, but she eventually changed after her debut last year. She garnered much attention from the people. She earned fame. She was blinded by it that was why she chose to let go of me. Until now, I would never accept the fact that she chose fame over me. I was too disappointed but she said that it was her happiness so I agreed to let her go. I loved her and gave everything to her even for the last time we were together. We agreed to move on but I think I never did. Unfair wasn’t it? I just wished for her to vanish out of my sight. I just hoped that one day, I would really learn to forget her...that if ever I saw her again like this, I won’t feel any hint of hate and bitterness anymore.

 

“Yeah...but my leave period would end soon. I just went here to process some papers and I also talked to President YG not long before you went to his office. I just thought I’d say hi to you and waited for you outside the office but it seemed like you were not in the mood that you hastily went out of the office without noticing me,” she narrated.

 

“Did you think that by coming here you’ll make everything lighter on me?” I asked, turning to her. She didn’t answer and averted her gaze from me. “No. You just made everything worse,” I continued. I turned to go but I stopped when I came near her. “Don’t ever think that you could comfort me like the way you do, because right now your mere presence .” I told her and left her alone. I could hear her faint sobs as I went inside the building. I won’t care if she would cry all night or what. She deserved it too, didn’t she?

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

DARA’s POV

 

I headed out of the campus earlier than the usual. I called Youngbae a while ago and asked if I could go with him but he declined, saying he had something else to do. He told me to go ahead because he said he would take a bit too long. Just thinking about it, these past few days, I’ve been receiving a lot of ride offers from Youngbae oppa, Jiyong, and of course Top. Haha! I think I’m becoming used to it but I guess today would not be the same.
 

I was about to turn to the bus stop when I heard a honking car behind me. Thinking it was Jiyong again, I stopped and looked back but it wasn’t his car so I decided to continue walking. Then a red shiny Volvo stopped in front of me. The heavy tint of the car window made it hard to see who the driver was. As the back window pulled down, I was surprised to see Lee Min Jung.

 

“Dara! Are you going home?” she asked.

 

“Uhmm...y-yeah,” I nodded.

 

“Great!” she exclaimed. “Then ride with us,” she continued.

 

“N-no thanks. It’s okay. I’ll just take the bus.” I shook my hands to decline her offer and was about to start walking to the bus stop when Min Jung got off the car and held my hand.

 

“Please? I just want to return the favor...please?” she smilingly pleaded.

 

I didn’t answer for a while but I guess I couldn’t decline her offer. Another ride offer again? Haha! What a lucky day indeed. “Okay...thanks!” I sat at the back seat while Min Jung sat at the passenger seat beside the driver. She asked me where I lived and told her my address. She said that they were also residing not far from our residence.

 

Suddenly, the driver of the car caught my attention. Even from behind I could say that he was very familiar to me. Min Jung seemed to notice that I was looking at the driver so she said, “Oh! I forgot to introduce you to my brother. Dara, this is my elder brother, Min Ho. Oppa, this is Dara, my friend.”

 

“Hi Dara-ssi! It’s nice to meet you. Min Jung has been telling me stuffs about you,” Min Ho said.

 

“Really? It’s nice to meet you too Minho-ssi,” I said smilingly.

 

“Thanks for saving Min Jung from Tiffany yesterday,” he said.

 

“Oh that. You’re welcome. I just hate to see people being bullied. It’s so unsightly,” I told them.

 

“You’re really a good person,” he said.

 

“Of course, she’s very kind too oppa,” said Min Jung.

 

“You already told me that countless times so don’t repeat it again,” he told Min Jung, who slapped his arms.

 

After a while, there was a brief silence so I told Minho, “You know what? I think I already saw you before. You seemed to be very familiar to me. I just don’t know when and where.”

 

“Really? Maybe you just saw a look-alike of mine. You see, my face is quite common for a guy,” he simply said.

 

“Maybe...but I’m pretty sure it was you...Oh right! I saw you before at the bus station! That was weeks before. We used to ride the same bus but I haven’t seen you in a while,” I exclaimed as I remember that night when I thought someone was following me. “I even thought you were a snatcher or something. You were a bit suspicious you know,” I chuckled and he laughed.

 

“Really? Was I? Oh sorry for that,” he said, laughing.

 

“Sorry about that Dara. Minho always have that serious expression in his face that almost all my friends before mistook him as a stalker, even a snatcher too. Haha!” Min Jung chuckled.

 

“Haha! Really? I guess I’m not alone eh?” I lightly chuckled too.

 

After a few minutes, I saw a corn shop from afar so I told them to just drop me by it. The car halted. I got off the car and waved goodbye to Min Jung and Minho.

 

“Thanks for the ride,” I said.

 

“You’re welcome. Until next time. Bye! And oh take care too!” Min Jung said as they went off.

 

-----------------------------------------------

DARA’s POV

 

As soon as I arrived at home, I went to the kitchen to put the corns I bought to the plates. I saw Omma preparing some dessert. “Omma, has Bom already gone to Catharsis? I bought corns for us, thinking she’s still here...but I guess she’s out already,” I said.

 

“Nope. She’s still upstairs. Oh she’s here,” she said as Bom entered the kitchen, with her eyes closed and exaggeratedly sniffing the smell of corn. Without even asking for my permission, she took one of the five corns I bought and immediately munched it silently. Omma and I just laughed at her as the three of us went to the dining room.

 

“Take it slowly or you’ll get choked,” said Omma, chuckling.

 

“Omma, I’ve mastered every technique in eating corns so don’t worry I won’t get choked,” she simply said and continued eating. “Mm! Juyowanchugowijmi Doro?” she asked, raising her brows, still munching on her corn.

 

“Huh? What?” I asked her confused with what she said.

 

“I said do you want to go with me?” she cleared.

 

“Where?” I asked.

 

“At the Catharsis of course. Where else would I go at this time?” she said.

 

“Nope...I don’t go to bars Bommie,” I answered while munching my corn. “Why?”

 

“Oh just nothing. I just thought of inviting you since you’re my number one fan right?” she said as she stood up and went to the kitchen. “Dara, can I take two corns for my snack in Catharsis?” she asked while she’s still inside the kitchen.

 

“Sure. Just leave one for Omma arasso?” I said.

 

“Deh!” she replied.

 

--------------------------------------------------

(At the Catharsis)

 

Bom arrived to the venue and as soon she entered the dressing room, she saw CL preparing for their number.

 

“I thought you’re not coming. Where have you been?” CL asked through the mirror in front of them.

 

“Sorry. Dara bought some corn and I was enticed by it. It’s been a long time since I last ate one. I even brought some. Do you want?” Bom offered as she sat in front of the mirror and started preparing herself for their performance.

 

“Thanks. Maybe later,” CL chuckled.

 

The crown began to be noisy as soon as the two started performing. They performed their own rendition of the song Don’t Cry. It was again an outstanding performance that some of the audience gave a standing ovation.

 

After 5 songs, the two bid goodbye to their audience and went off the stage. As soon as they entered their dressing room, Bom was surprised to see a bouquet of white roses on top of her desk.

 

“Wow Bom unnie! Who gave those to you?” CL asked. “I bet it’s your boyfriend hehe,” she added.

 

“You know I don’t have a boyfriend,” Bom chuckled as she looked for a card.

 

“So that’s from a suitor probably?” CL asked again.

 

“No, I don’t think so. I don’t even have one,” said Bom as she opened a small envelope and read the message on it.

 

Take care always!         

– S.

 

“S? A secret admirer perhaps? Ayiie! Unnie, you’re blushing!” CL teased. Bom just smiled giddily and wondered who could be her secret admirer...‘Who are you S?’ Bom thought to herself.

 

 

**********************************

Sorry for the very late update and thanks for continuously reading.

I hope you liked it though. Kamsa chingu! <'^_^'>