TWIST 6: Face Behind The Mask

Twisted Fate

FACE BEHIND THE MASK

 

It was already around 9am when the Park sisters left their apartment to go shopping. The looks on their faces reflected the excitement that they felt especially that it would be a great sister bonding moment. As Bom parked the car on a vacant parking space, her phone continuously rang. Since she can’t answer the phone properly, she asked Dara to pick it up from her clutch bag.

 

 

“Hello?” Dara asked as she answered the phone. She immediately smiled as soon as she heard the voice of the caller. “Hey! Why did you call? Missed us already?” Dara laughed lightly as Bom turned the car engine off.

 

 

“Am I too obvious eh? Haha!” Youngbae asked, heartily laughing from the other line.

 

 

“Not really. Well, we just arrived at the mall. We’re about to enter the venue right now. So, how are you doing?” Dara asked.

 

 

“I’m doing fine. I just also arrived here at grandma’s rest house. The place was pretty big. It’s been a long time since I last went here. By the way, why are you there? Shopping? Again? Haha!” he asked as if shopping was the sisters’ daily routine.

 

 

“Of course! Haha! And what do you mean by ‘again’? It’s not like we’re doing this everyday you know.” Dara defensed.

 

 

“Maybe not everyday, but every week, yes,” he said as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

 

“Ya! This is different you know. We’re planning to have some makeover later. Keke” Dara said, her voice full of excitement.

 

 

“Oh right. Bom’s gonna be performing at Catharsis tonight, right?” he asked.

 

 

“Yup. Of course, and I’m so excited to see her perform for the first time!” Dara said giddily.

 

 

“Of course, it’s a must-watch! I’ve seen her perform once and she was definitely awesome.” Youngbae said as if he was a very proud daddy. Dara seemed to be amused by his compliments so Bom, who overheard the conversation of the two, asked Dara for the phone to talk to Youngbae. “Ya! What nonsense are you saying again Bae huh?” Bom asked.

 

 

“Hey! I was just saying that you’re the best in Catharsis, aren’t you?” he said.

 

 

“Definitely!” Bom said in satisfaction. A while later, Youngbae bid goodbye because the gathering ceremonies was about to start, and Bom hanged up.

 

 

Dara and Bom decided to eat their lunch in their favorite restaurant at the second floor of the mall. After their orders arrived, Bom noticed the blooming face of Dara.

 

 

“Tell me, are you going out with that rich guy?” Bom asked while wiggling her brows to Dara, teasing her. Dara seemed to be confused with the sudden question.

 

 

“Huh? Who are you talking about Bommie?” Dara asked nonchalantly as munched in her food.

 

 

“The guy the other night, the one who lives in the exclusive subdivision. What’s his name again?” Bom asked, sipping her glass of iced tea.

 

 

“Oh! Jiyong?!” Dara chuckled. “Bommie, I’m not having a date with anyone okay? Stop being so delirious. You’re imagining things on your own again. Haha!”

 

 

“What about that guy whose picture was pasted on your wall huh?” Bom asked raising her brows, teasing Dara again.

 

 

“Shhh! Shut up you ahjumma!” Dara said in a hushed tone. “As I’ve said I’m not dating anyone, not even TOP.”

 

 

“Oh so his name was TOP, am I right?” Bom asked excitedly, earning a slight nod from Dara. “But you asked him to go with you tonight at the Catharsis, did you?” Dara didn’t answer but shook her head sheepishly. “Omo...Dara!”

 

 

“You know I can’t!” Dara exclaimed defensively.

 

 

“And why is that? You’re shy?! For Pete’s sake Dara. Where did the feisty Dara go? Did she take a vacation somewhere I didn’t know? Are you a clone of her?” Bom asked sarcastically.

 

 

“Bommie...” Dara whined in a faint tone. “Aisht! If you can’t, ask that Jiyong guy to go with you. I don’t want you to go without a date arraso?” Bom said.

 

 

“And why is that?!” Dara looked at Bom questioningly.

 

 

“Because he’s your friend...and he brought you home last night.” Bom said as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

 

“Why is it a big deal for me to have a date? I’m going there because of your performance, and not because I’m going on a date,” Dara said exasperatedly.

 

 

“I just don’t want you to be with stranger guys later. You’re such a sight you know.” Bom said.

 

 

“I don’t go with strangers you know that. I’m feisty after all.” Dara countered.

 

 

“Feisty...pfft...” Bom said, earning a glare from Dara. “Okay! Okay! Whatever you want feisty Dara,” Bom said as she resumed eating her dish.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

The Bigbang members were summoned by Yang Hyun Suk, or commonly called as YG. He was the president of the executive board of YG University, and was also the chairman of the Entertainment Department of College of Music and Arts. The Bigbang members went to the ‘Hideout’, which was a term used by them to call their dorm where they did all their recordings, meetings, and rehearsals.

 

 

“Okay guys. President YG called me this morning and told me that we will be performing at the Music Festival next month and he wants us to perform new songs,” Jiyong told the Bigbang boys as they entered the hall.

 

 

“Next month? Why so sudden?” Seungri asked.

 

 

“I also asked that to YG and he said that we will only be making 2 to 3 songs so I guess it’ll be alright,” Jiyong answered.

 

 

“Are we going to start today?” TOP asked.

 

 

“Hmm...I think yes, so we could finish before the deadline,” Jiyong replied while opening the computers inside the studio.

 

 

“Do you have something in mind to start with?” Daesung asked as he the speakers.

 

 

“I do, but it’s still raw. I was thinking of making a song which focuses on the piano instrumentals, but we’re not that into piano, we’re more focused on the stringed ones so I guess it’ll be hard,” Jiyong said.

 

 

“Why don’t we ask Youngbae’s help?” Daesung asked, which made the other members look at him. “Hey, I was just suggesting okay? Besides, he already performed in last year’s music festival and he already accepted the President’s offer to join the Entertainment team,” Daesung defended.

 

 

“We could still look for other alternatives. He would be our last resort,” Jiyong said in a tight tone.

 

 

“But Daesung’s right. He could be of great help. I saw him performed and he’s good.” TOP said.

 

 

“I repeat he would be our LAST resort. Arraso?” Jiyong said, with a hint of annoyance in his voice as he glared at them. The atmosphere inside the studio was getting intensed when the maknae interrupted the growing awkwardness. “Uhmmm...h-hyung?” he asked making Jiyong look at him questioningly. “I-I was just asking if I could g-go ahead,” Seungri asked hesitantly.

 

 

“And why is that?” Jiyong asked, raising his brows in confusion.

 

 

“I have something to do today, remember? I already told you about it yesterday,” Seungri said.

 

 

“Oh...okay go ahead. Next time you can’t okay? We have deadline to meet,” Jiyong said.

 

 

“Thanks hyung! You’re the best!” Seungri said before he sped out of the venue. The three boys looked at each other and together they laughed at the flying maknae.

 

 

-------------------------------------------

DARA’s POV

 

The cab I was riding stopped in front of Catharsis. I took off as soon as I handed my payment to the driver. I looked at my watch and I felt relieved when I saw that I wasn’t late yet. I thought of calling Bom that I already arrived at the venue so she could come to me. I’m not familiar with bars so I really don’t know what to do. I was busy looking for my phone in my bag when I bumped to someone. The guy immediately apologized as he entered the venue ahead of me. He was familiar but I didn’t get a clearer view of his face so I just shrugged the idea and continued searching for my phone until I found it finally.

 

 

“Bommie, I’m already here outside Catharsis,” I said as soon as Bom answered the phone.

 

 

“Okay, just wait for me. I’ll be there in a minute,” With that she hanged up the phone. As Bom said, she came in a minute.

 

 

“Did you get lost on your way here?” Bom asked as we entered the bar.

 

 

“Nope. I took a cab on my way here. Luckily, he knew where this place is,” I answered as I looked around the place. “So this is Catharsis huh?” I asked as we sat on one of the vacant tables.

 

 

“How do you find it?” Bom asked, putting her things at the chair beside me.

 

 

“Pretty good enough. It leaves a lasting impression to any newcomer,” I answered nonchalantly.

 

 

“Of course!” Bom said in a proud tone. “Oh Dara, I better go now. The show is about to start. Don’t forget to cheer for me okay? Haha!” Bom chuckled as she went off. I just nodded in response.

 

 

After a few minutes, the lights began to dim, and the dark stage began to light up showing Bom sitting on a high stool with a microphone stand in front of her. Beside her was a girl with a long blond hair wearing black tights under a shiny red leather jacket. They sang the song LONELY. Their voices complemented each other giving a very satisfying yet strong appeal to the audience. From they way they performed, they were able to show their emotions as they sang, engaging the audience to their own little world on stage. Seeing Bom perform on stage really made me a proud sister. She’s really awesome. From this point, I’m officially her number one fan. Keke.

 

 

After few performances, the people greeted the girl with a blonde hair a happy birthday. So...she was the friend Bom was talking about? What a good team-up they had. Bom, together with the girl, went to my table.

 

 

“Dara, this is Chaerin. Everybody here calls her CL,” Bom introduced her to me and in return I bowed and greeted her a happy birthday.

 

 

“Thanks,” Chaerin said and she also bowed.

 

 

“And Chaerin this is my sister Dara,” Bom said as she introduced me to her.

 

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you Dara,” said Chaerin and extended her hand for a handshake to which I obliged. “Bom has been telling me stuffs about you, and just by looking at you you’re really seemed to be such an interesting person,” she continued as we sat comfortably on our table. The three of us were busy chatting as Bom and Chaerin waited for their next performance, when the guy who bumped me at the entrance awhile ago approached our table. He’s really familiar then I realized something.

 

 

“Seungri?” I asked, totally surprised with his sudden appearance.

 

 

“Dara?” he asked, also dumbfounded as he saw me. “What are you doing here?” he continued.

 

 

“You two know each other?” Bom asked while looking at me.

 

 

“Yeah. He’s a friend of Jiyong and TOP,” I said which made Bom widened her eyes in a mixture of surprise, delight, and excitement. “Jiyong...and TOP?” she asked and from her expression, I could tell she was cooking something disastrous inside that thick skull of hers. “I see,” she slowly said, grinning. It’s confirmed. She’s done planning her heinous act.

 

 

“Well, Dara dear, Seungri’s our regular customer here and a very close friend of Chaerin. It’s good to know that you know him also. Saves me from the introductions,” Bom chuckled. See? She even used the word ‘dear’ to address me! So not her...tsk tsk...

 

 

“So, Seungri are you with your friends?” Bom asked, looking around the place. That’s it. I could feel she’s planning to embarrass me later. Omo!

 

 

“Uhh...no...I went alone,” he answered. I smiled inwardly at his response. Woohoo! Seungri saved the day! “Actuallly they didn’t know I’m here,” Seungri chuckled.

 

 

“Ahh is that so?” Bom said while sipping her glass of iced tea, a bit disappointed that she couldn’t make her plan into action.

 

 

The four of us continued chatting until it was time for Bom and Chaerin to perform again. I looked at Seungri who was watching intently at Chaerin. The look in his eyes showed a very different Seungri that I knew in school.

 

 

“You like her, don’t you?” I asked without looking at him. I saw him turned to me, confusion written all over his face. “Me?” he asked. I nodded and he just chuckled. “Don’t try to deny it. It’s pretty obvious,” I smiled as I sipped my drink. “Does she know?” I asked upon hearing no answer from him.

 

 

“No,” he answered quietly.

 

 

“Why don’t you tell her?” I followed up. He slightly shook his head. “I can’t,” he simply said. For the first time I saw his dark expression. I was used to seeing a cheerful Seungri and a flirty one, if I may say. But now, it’s a whole new different story.

 

 

“Why?” I asked curiously, but I didn’t get an answer from him. “Oh sorry. Am I digging too much? Don’t mind it,” I said.

 

 

“I can’t. I don’t want to ruin our friendship. Besides, she just came from a very painful broke-up,” said Seungri after a few moments of silent watching.

 

 

“Is that so? But in time, would you tell her?” I asked.

 

 

“I don’t think so. I think when the guy broke up with her, it just strengthened her belief that men are all the same, that all are players. She told me before that this guy was the one who would prove to her that men are different but in the end he left with another girl, just like her father,” Seungri narrated.

 

 

“Why don’t you tell her that you’re different from the other guys?” I asked, still looking at Bom and Chaerin.

 

 

“I tried once but she didn’t take it seriously. She even clapped for she thought that I was just acting that time. Maybe she thought of it because my image was a playboy,” Seungri answered.

 

 

“Then why did you choose to have such an image? How many girlfriends did you have by the way?” I asked, to which he laughed, surprising me from the sudden reaction.

 

 

“I never had girlfriend, not even courted one,” he chuckled. I was taken aback by his revelation. The playboy maknae never had a girlfriend? Seriously, was he trying to be funny? As if an answer to my thoughts, he said, “It’s true. Hard to believe isn’t it?” I was left dumbfounded by his affirmation. How come?

 

 

“I guess since that day that I told Chaerin that I’m not like the other guys, I was indirectly busted and it pained me. It pained me to think that the girl I loved since before would not love me back...would never take me seriously for she thought of me as her friend...only a friend. It hurts and I don’t want to feel that pain again,” Seungri said in a desolated tone.

 

 

“And so you decided to be a true player? Wasn’t that proving her otherwise?” I asked, earning a light chuckle from him. “Funny thing that people think of me as a playboy, but no I’m not. Yes, I’m kinda flirt but definitely not a playboy. That’s not part of my game. Come to think of it, I never had a girlfriend so how can I be a playboy? I just let them be for I enjoyed being the center of girls’ attention,” he stated.

 

 

“Don’t you think it’s pathetic?” I asked.

 

 

“Nope...I think of it as more of a game in which I’m the host, neither a winner nor a loser. If a girl falls for me, it’s not my problem anymore,” he simply said as he averted his gaze from me to Chaerin.

 

 

“You’re cruel,” I said, shaking my head.

 

 

“It’s part of the game baby,” he said as he turned to me and playfully winked at me. I just shook my head in amusement.

 

 

“I never imagined you have this kind of personality Seungri,” I said.

 

 

“You can never judge a person by his mask. You have to dig deeper to know the real story behind that mask,” he figuratively said.

 

 

“Whatever,” I chuckled. I never thought that Seungri was this kind of person. He’s...deep...and a bit mysterious. Truly behind the cheerful mask he’s wearing lies a very honest and sorrowful person. But I was happy that I got to know that side of him. I felt like we’re closer than before and I’m glad.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

DARA’s POV

(Humanities class)

 

Mrs. Kim discussed about the outputs that we were going to submit for the whole semester. There were four outputs actually. First was to make an originally-composed song with complete arrangements and polished finish which we will have to perform live. Second was a dance number which, again, must be performed live. Third would be drama casting which would divide the class into different committees. Lastly, we will have to make designs that would fit a certain theme that Mrs. Kim would be telling us in the coming sessions.

 

 

Mrs. Kim dismissed the class a bit earlier to give us some time to talk with our buddies regarding our first output which was to make a song. Actually here’s my problem. I didn’t know how to compose a song and for Pete’s sake, we must come up with a song with complete arrangements! How would I do that? I’m an Art major, and not a Music one. And what added to my problem was that bored expression in Jiyong's face...like he didn't even give a damn about it. Don’t tell me I’m going to make it alone? Omo! What should I do? Ottokae! I was in the middle of scribbling some ‘potential drafts’ when Jiyong held my hand and dragged me out of the room.

 

 

“Hey! Where are we going?” I asked as we walked across the field but he seemed not to hear me, maybe because of his earphones. I asked again in a louder tone but still he didn’t hear me. I freed myself and hit him with my bag. “Ouch! What’s that for?” he asked as he glared at me.

 

 

“I said where are we going?” I asked with a hint of irritation.

 

 

“We’re already here,” he said as he sat down in one of the benches.

 

 

“Why are we here? What are we going to do here?” I asked, my brows curved in confusion.

 

 

“Do what you have to do now but don’t get out of the garden arraso? Just roam around for now because later we’re going somewhere,” he said in a casual tone. I looked at him reluctantly and he stared at me and said, “Go.” I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn’t find the words to say.

 

 

I grudgingly walked away and turned my back at him. I walked to somewhere I don’t know then I realized we were in the Garden of Kismet. Then I remembered the fountain of Serendipity. I immediately went to look for it within the vicinity. I turned left and there it was, still magnificent despite its old built. I went to it, threw a coin and hoped that my wish would be granted. I just wished that I could come up with good lyrics for the song so I could shove it to Jiyong's face and let him do the rest. But just thinking of it hurts every bit of my brain cells. I love music but I don’t like making these kinds of stuffs. Arrghh!

 

 

I was still in the middle of scribbling my drafts again when Jiyong came. “Oh...how did you know I’m here? Was it hard looking for me?” I grinned while looking at him. “It’s so easy to find you because I knew you’ll be here,” Jiyong said as he crossed his arms on his chest. “What are those?” he asked, looking curiously at my scribbles. “Oh right! Here,” I said as I handed him my notes. “Those are just my drafts for the song. You could add up some if you want but I tell you I don’t know how to make the arrangements so...” I said as I fixed my things. He looked at my work but I noticed him chuckle and then burst out laughing.

 

 

“What are you laughing at?” I raised my brows at him. Was he laughing at my work?!

 

 

“Is this what you’ve got?” I could see that he’s trying hard not to laugh.

 

 

“Why? Is there something wrong with my work?” I asked.

 

 

“It’s okay but not good enough to pass my standards. Only few are well-written which we could still use,” he simply said, without even caring how hard it was for me to make such a thing! I was about to say something when he held my hand and dragged me again across the field as if I was just a ragged doll that he could drag here and there.

 

 

We entered into a building that I’ve never seen before. Its modernity amazed me with all its tinted glass walls. I couldn’t help but stare in awe as we entered the elevator. “What is this place? I’ve never been here before,” I asked as Jiyong pressed the 9th floor button. “You would never be unless you’re a member,” he said nonchalantly.

 

 

“So you’re a member here?” I asked but he just smirked at my question. I smirked in return. ‘Conceited!’ I thought to myself.

 

 

As the elevator door opened, we walked through a hall and along the way I saw rooms which I thought were rehearsal rooms. There was a room for dance rehearsals and live bands. I was really wondering what this place could be.

 

 

“Welcome to the Hideout,” Jiyong said, breaking my train of thoughts.

 

 

“Hideout?” I asked in wonder as we continued walking.

 

 

“This is a place for training the students with potentials in the entertainment industry. If you’re lucky enough, you could even guest in some TV shows and perform in different events nationwide. They keys are excellent performance, unique skills, and extreme determination to succeed. If you don’t have these, you’ll never get a chance to be part of the team,” Jiyong said as we turned right.

 

 

“H-hey, wait! T-then why am I here? I’m not even a member. Is it really okay for me to be in this place,” I asked.

 

 

“As long you’re with me or any of the VIPs here, it’s fine” he said in an authoritarian tone. So was he saying that he’s a big person here, or a VIP of some sort?

 

 

We continued walking until we reached a room with a tinted glass sliding door. And what I saw really amazed me. It’s my first time seeing a studio and I couldn’t help but stare in awe at the computers, speakers, amplifiers, and...name it. Even if I'm not an expert in these stuffs, I could really tell that these equipments were really (and I mean REALLY) expensive.

 

 

“Let’s get started,” Jiyong said as he sat in front of the computer, typed something and printed it out after a few minutes. “What? Are you just going to stand there?” he asked, raising his brow to me. “Here,” he said, giving me the printed document. I read it and realized that it was the lyrics of a song.

 

 

“Did you make all of these?” I asked without looking at him.

 

 

“Yeah, but I decided to include some of the few verses in your draft,” he answered while testing the recording equipments. Suddenly the studio door opened, revealing TOP, Seungri, and Daesung. They were surprised to see me.

 

 

“Woa...Dara? Why are you here?” TOP asked me while the other two sat comfortably on a sofa behind me.

 

 

“She came with me,” Jiyong said. “We have this little assignment and it involves a complete arrangement of a song. Could you guys help us with it?” he continued. Wait. Jiyong was asking for their help in finishing this so-called little assignment?

 

“Are you guys...musicians?” I asked in wonder, and they just looked at me as if I asked the stupidest question ever. “W-why are you looking at me like that?” I followed up.

 

 

“Are you really asking us that question?” Daesung asked from behind me.

 

 

“I told you she’s stupid,” Jiyong inserted, smirking. If not for TOP I would have really spanked him for real. TOP chuckled as he went beside me and half-hugged me. “Yes we are, and we do all the stuffs here. But Jiyong mostly do the composing and producing. We’re Bigbang after all. That’s what we are known for,” he told me smilingly. Then I realized something.

 

 

“Wait...So you’re Bigbang?? Omo!” I said in shock as I clasped my mouth. I suddenly remembered the three mean girls at the canteen.

 

 

“Don’t tell me you don’t know who we are noona?” Seungri asked, dumbfounded by my sudden reaction. As a response I just shook my head, earning a burst of laughter from the four guys.

 

 

With that they told me everything about their band Bigbang and also everything about the Hideout. I can’t help but be ashamed for not knowing these stuffs earlier. They told me that it’s very hard to enter the Hideout since the President only accepted those who were very talented like them. No wonder they were popular not only to girls but to boys as well.

 

 

I can’t help but be amazed at how they worked as a team. I was happy to see a different side of them. Despite his serious expressions, TOP seemed to be an ultimate funny guy but ironically, he rarely laughs. Daesung was the corny joke cracker and I found it hilarious when the other boys kept on bashing him that his jokes weren’t funny at all. As for Seungri, well, I’ve seen already his other self. Jiyong or GD according to them was surprisingly serious in doing his stuff. I can’t help but admire him for that.

 

 

“Don’t just stand there and drool at me,” Jiyong chuckled without taking his eyes from what he was doing.

 

 

“Ya! You wish hmp!” I said as I crossed my arms. He just laughed at me.

 

 

“Whatever...Dara come here, I want you to do this,” he asked me to sing some parts of the song. At first I really didn’t want to do it but Jiyong convinced me that it’s necessary for the betterment of our assignment. After some hours of recording, editing and polishing, the song was done. They played the finished song and were intently listening to every part of the song. When the song was already finished, the boys shared their comments and opinions.

 

 

“Oh...Dara’s voice was really captivating. The innocence was there which really fits the song,” TOP said, which really made me smile giddily. Wiiee!

 

 

“And her voice was really unique,” Daesung remarked.

 

 

“O! Why don’t we feature her in one of our songs? Her voice is fresh and would really attract any listener. It would definitely add to the interest of the students,” Seungri added. From the looks of it they seemed to agree with what the maknae had suggested. Then all of a sudden they all looked at me.

 

 

“What?” I asked as I looked at them alternately. “H-hey...you guys didn’t mean it...right?” I stuttered.

 

 

“Perfect!” they all said in unison.

 

 

OTTOKAE!!! (What to do!!!)

 

------------------------------------------------------

It was around 8pm when Dara, together with the Bigbang boys, got out of the Hideout. Daesung and Seungri went ahead and so as TOP. GD and Dara were the last one to get out of the building.

 

 

“Stop drooling over TOP hyung,” Jiyong teasingly chuckled, noticing that Dara was staring at TOP’s back figure from afar.

 

 

“Ya! I’m not drooling,” Dara said, averting her gaze from TOP, who was about to enter his car on the parking lot.

 

 

“You like him, don’t you?” Jiyong asked as he tapped his pants in search for his car keys.

 

 

“W-what?” Dara stuttered. “No, I’m not,” she continued, chuckling.

 

 

“Don’t try to deny it. It’s pretty obvious,” Jiyong said.

 

 

“Really?” Dara asked in surprised.

 

 

“See? Haha!” Jiyong laughed as he waved back at TOP, who was already driving his way out of the campus. Dara also waved back at him as she blushed deeply. When Jiyong noticed this, he more. “You’re blushing! Haha! You should have seen your face. It was red as the tomatoes!” Jiyong lightly chuckled. Dara covered her face with her hands to hide her embarrassment. “By the way, do you wanna ride with me?” Jiyong asked as he opened the car door, still chuckling from Dara's reaction.

 

 

“And why should I?” Dara asked, raising her brows.

 

 

“Because we’re neighbors? And it’s already dark outside the campus,” Jiyong said. Upon hearing no reply from her, he asked again, “Are you going with me or not?” Dara was about to answer but Youngbae suddenly emerged on her side.

 

 

“Oppa! What are you doing here?” Dara asked, surprised by Youngbae’s sudden appearance.

 

 

“I was calling you a couple of times but you didn’t answer so I became worried. I thought something bad already happened to you. I couldn’t find you anywhere so I just waited here just in case you show up,” Youngbae said while looking intently at Jiyong.

 

 

“Is he your boyfriend?” Jiyong asked, looking at Dara.

 

 

“Aniyo (No),” Dara immediately answered, surprised by the sudden question.

 

 

“Ahh...just as I thought,” Jiyong said, smirking at Youngbae. Dara didn’t notice the meaningful exchange of looks between the two and just continued.

 

 

“Youngbae’s my best friend ever since we were children. I call him oppa just because I want to. Hehe,” Dara explained, oblivious to the tension underlying between the two guys.

 

 

“Looks like I’m going alone...I better go ahead now. Take care...” Jiyong said as he winked playfully at Dara. She just raised her brow and said, “Whatever...bye! Drive safely...and thanks for the big help!” Jiyong just waved back as he closed the door and drove off.

 

 

On their way home, Dara talked about her day’s events as well as Bom’s performance at the Catharsis. She was so pre-occupied with the events that had happened that she didn’t notice the serious expression on Youngbae’s face. But when Dara talked about the Hideout, it caught his attention.

 

 

“You went there?” Youngbae asked in wonder.

 

 

“Yeah...Jiyong brought me there,” Dara simply answered.

 

 

“He did? Why?” he asked again as he turned to the road ahead.

 

 

“We have this assignment in Humanities in which we have to create a song with complete arrangements and stuffs like that. He brought me there to make it and the other members of Bigbang helped us too,” Dara happily narrated. “Did you know that Bigbang is a popular band in the university?” Dara turned to him.

 

 

“Yeah...why?” he nodded.

 

 

“Ya! Why didn’t you tell me?! I felt so stupid when I asked them who they were. Their reaction was like are-you-seriously-asking-who-are,” Dara said while making some funny facial expressions, which made Youngbae laugh. “By the way, did you already know about the Hideout even before I told you about it?” she suddenly asked.

 

 

“Hmmm...kind of...only a bit of info about it,” Youngbae answered casually.

 

 

“So did you already go inside it?” Dara asked, widening her eyes while facing him.

 

 

“Not yet...but someday I will,” he answered as he turned right toward Dara’s residence.

 

 

“What do you mean by that?” she asked curiously as he turned off the car engine.

 

 

“Hmmm...I guess that would be a secret for now,” he replied as he got out of the car and opened Dara’s door. “Thanks,” she said. “What is that secret Bae?” she stubbornly asked. He just shook his head and said, “I’m not telling...It’ll be a surprise...in time you'll know it...bye!” Youngbae said as he walked back to his car, the car engine.

 

 

“Ya!” Dara yelled at the retreating figure of Youngbae.

 

 

“Until next time. Goodnight Ssantoki!” he waved as he drove off, leaving Dara in a state of query.

 

 

------------------------------------

JIYONG’s POV

(At the mansion)

 

I was about to enter the gates of our residence when I noticed several black diplomat cars parked in the parking lot of the mansion. ‘Probably the ambassadors paid a visit,’ I thought to myself. I immediately parked my car and went inside. I was greeted by some of the maids.

 

 

“Is my father at home?” I asked one of them.

 

 

“Yes young master,” she answered.

 

 

“Where is he?” I asked as I handed my things to the other maids.

 

 

“He’s currently in a meeting with the ambassadors. They are upstairs at the conference hall,” the maid answered.

 

 

“Is he going to have a dinner here?” I asked.

 

 

“He said he already did sir,” she answered.‘Ha! Just as I thought.’

 

 

“Okay, thanks,” I said, in a more polite tone.

 

 

After eating my dinner, I went upstairs to immediately change my clothes, but I was stopped as I heard my father's voice inside his office. The door was slightly open. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I was just curious. It seemed like they were talking about something confidential.

 

“Do you have any updates?” my father asked his assistant.

 

 

“Yes, sir. According to my sources, the Crown Princess was already residing within the main districts of the city,” the assistant said.

 

 

“Do you have her exact address?” my father asked.

 

 

“I don’t have yet the information sir but we’re retrieving it as fast as we can,” the assistant answered.

 

 

“Okay. Thanks for the update, you can go now,” my father said.

 

 

I immediately walked to my room when I heard the footsteps coming. I sat on my bed and wondered what could be the meaning of that conversation I heard. ‘Crown Princess?’ I shrugged the idea, thinking that the royalties of this country were long dead. Maybe I just heard it wrongly. I decided to sleep thinking of the deadline given to us by President YG.

 

 

‘Tomorrow would be the start of Bigbang’s work,’ I thought to myself and turned off the lamp beside my bed.

 

**********************************

Sorry for the late update and thanks for continuously reading.

I hope you liked it though. Kamsa chingu! <'^_^'>