Fall 4: Song

Fall For Me Instead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong and I went back to the classroom together. Heads were turning and gazes were directed on us as soon as we both walked in. 

 

Geez, is this going to be a routine whenever they see us together? Unlike before, the class didn't become deadly silent. My classmates just continued their own business, but I can still see the judging eyes of the girls which made me wonder why. Is it so distasteful that I'm the one that Jiyong likes? (Technically, he doesn't but that's what we made them believe) Ugh. Why is he even so popular anyway? He always ignores girls. Isn't that suppposed to be a turn off?

 

I saw that Nana was already back, so I immediately went to her cheekily. As of now, she's the only girl in the class I'm close with, and I hardly believe I could make friends with another girl in class given the situation.

 

"Nana! Why were you absent yesterday?" I asked, while settling down on my seat. It was evident how my voiced was laced with much enthusiasm. However, she only looked at me with expressionless eyes before turning her head to the other side. 

 

"Nana?" 

 

Still no response.

 

Is she not feeling well? Is it because of my own doing that she's like this? Was my approach too annoying? I felt like a deflated balloon with her being unresponsive. She seemed cold now.

 

"Hey, hey!" A voice interrupted me from my train of thoughts. It was Youngbae again and TOP was with him too. I smiled because of their presence despite feeling a little bit upset at Nana's cold demeanor towards me.

 

"We know what you guys did yesterday," TOP chirped whilst wriggling his eyebrows. He waved his phone at me, and I squinted my eyes at the photo that was flashing on the screen. When I realized what it was, my mouth went agape. It was a photo of Jiyong clamping my mouth. It seems like it was taken outside the restaurant, making me regret that we decided to choose a table that was on the window side. Never knew it could be troublesome. Jiyong hasn't even debuted, but it already felt he did, having someone to photograph him during his leisure time like a paparazzi. That's crazy.

 

"Minah sent this in our groupchat. She's the one who saw you two together. Have you already accepted Jiyong's feelings?" TOP asked. A bit hopeful but still in a teasing tone. I actually forgot to check our groupchat last night. That's why I didn't know about the photo. 

 

"Nah, he just treated me to a snack. It's just a friendly date." I explained, causing the two to snicker. 

 

"Aww. You're giving our buddy such a hard time." The snide remark had Jiyong rolling his eyes. 

 

"But at least, he's one step closer to your heart." TOP added and massaged Jiyong's shoulders which he quickly pried off. It was only then that I realized something. The reason why Nana was ignoring me. Having this apologetic look on my face, I glanced at her again, but she was busy talking to Jieun who was on her right side.

 

I can't help but feel quite ashamed. I forgot the fact that she likes Jiyong! It felt like I betrayed her because she had entrusted me her secret and yet here I was, stealing Jiyong away from her even though it's just all for show. The probability of her seeing that photo in the group chat was high.

 

I bit my  lip in remorse because of this dilemma.

 

I am really the worst.

 

The whole morning period, I distracted myself from guilt by paying attention to the lectures. I had a hard time, though. Nana never talked to me, nor spared me a glance even until we finished the last period and lunch break came. It's as if, I didn't exist. As if what we shared on the first day of school didn't happen... like we didn't became friends.

 

 

 

 

"Bom, this is Jiyong. Jiyong, this is Bom." I introduced the two to each other when Jiyong and I went to the canteen for lunch and shared the table with my bestfriend. Fortunately, there are no signs of Chanyeol anywhere. Phew. He was true to his words. 

 

"N-nice to meet you. I'm a big fan!" Bom stuttered and she offered her hand while batting her eyelashes. It was so cringy that I feel like I got goosebumps all of the sudden. 

 

Jiyong's impassive face remained. Seeing that he clearly has no plans on accepting her hand, I elbowed him and glared. I know that it's not in his nature to be friendly, but the least he could do is just accept Bom's and not act like some kind of statue -- or more like a douchebag.

 

Jiyong seemed to get the message, so he obliged. I can sense how Bom was internally screaming the moment he accepted her hand.

 

"Don't get me wrong. I won't run after you or bug you like most of your fangirls." She assured, trying to sound so convincing as much as possible. "I won't tell your secret and plans to anyone. My mouth is sealed. I don't love you or some sort. I'm actually rooting for you and Sandara." 

 

My eyes zeroed at her in disbelief, "Bommie!"

 

Gaaaaah! needs to be duct taped all the time. It only spouts nothing but nonsense!

 

I heard Jiyong laughing so my attention went back to him. "Why, thank you Bom."

 

What is this jerk thanking her for?

 

I raised an eyebrow at him before focusing on eating the food on my plate. However, I'm bothered by Jiyong's gaze at me while I was eating. Yes, I can FEEL it. I'm not being delusional. Not only can I feel it, I saw it on my peripheral vision. 

 

"Want me to stab your eyes with this fork I'm holding?"

 

He raised his hands up and blinked at me innocently.

 

"Whoa. What did I do?"

 

I huffed and threw him one last menacing look. As I was eating, I can't help but think of what should I do about Nana. I don't want her to think bad of me. I want to explain the situation to her, but I'm not sure if she's going to condone the deal I had with Jiyong. Should I let her be in my place, then? She might even do a better job in doing this. I'll just have my way towards Shuhei. 

 

I only kept mum as Bom continued blabbering about every topic which I doubt has incited any interest from Jiyong. He only nodded on her statements, and Bom was just too oblivious of his disinterest since she was too caught up with the bliss of being able to talk to him.

 

When the lunch break ended, we, of course, parted ways with Bom.

 

"Good luck, you two!" She said and waved at us when we left to go back to the classroom together.

 

"You were unusually quiet the whole time," Jiyong remarked as we entered our classroom. I was a bit surprised that he took notice of my silence, but I only ignored his question and went straight ahead to my seat, not wanting to explain the reason why. 

 

"Dara," Shuhei appeared in front of me. His palms were on my table and he has a wide grin on his face. I took a sharp intake of breath, for he is stupefying me with his radiating handsomeness. Ackkkk.

 

"Y-yes?" 

 

"Just now, we had agreed that the whole class is going to hang out on Saturday. You need to go all right? You're the sole reason why it's planned anyway, so that all our classmates will easily get acquainted to you."

 

I don't want to be delusional, but Shuhei is making me delusional. 

 

"Is your gilfriend gonna tag along too?" One of our guy classmates chimed in, and Shuhei gave him a look. 

 

"Yeah, man. But hands off my girl, alright?" 

 

"Chill! I was just asking." The guys roared in laughter. He is territorial, huh?  

 

As I continued to stare at him, I suddenly felt down, for the chances of being able to be with him could plummet if I risk this opportunity to play pretend with Jiyong. I'm already gaining his attention because of it.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"No, Kakeru don't!" Sungkyung shouted, and my grip on Kentaro's hand tightened as we're watching a particular scene in the last episode of Orange. My heart is racing and at that exact moment where there's an incoming truck coming towards Kakeru, the male lead of the anime, the door suddenly burst open with a loud thud.

 

All of us who were watching the anime riveted our attention to the unexpected guest. I got startled at the sight of Chanyeol. What the hell is this giant doing here in my territory?

 

"Noona!" He beamed, but his wide smile turned into a frown as he lowered his gaze. In just a few seconds, he seemed to glower as he marched towards us.

 

I was utterly shocked when he pushed Kentaro's hand off from mine and glared at him. "Keep your hands off from her." 

 

I immediately felt a surge of annoyance and embarrassment running through my veins because of his uncouth behavior. Aish, this guy! Kentaro wasn't even holding my hand. I was the one who was holding his out of reflex. Gosh, this goliath!

 

Kentaro was, of course, shocked by his actions. Like the good guy that he is; he apologized, clearly flustered, "Oh, sorry."

 

"Chanyeol, stop overreacting. It's not even his fault. I unconsciously held his hand while we were watching. It's a habit of mine, you should know that." I barked, condemning his act of possessiveness. 

 

This is seriously embarrassing. We're making a ruckus over a petty thing.

 

Chanyeol scratched his head, and I looked at him with deadpanned eyes, silently ordering him to apologize which he did. 

 

"I'm sorry," he bowed in apology and pouted, making it seem like it was forced and not out of his own free will.

 

"Uh, it's okay." Kentaro awkwardly smiled. 

 

With that, I held Chanyeol's hand and dragged him to the other side of the room -- near our mini library. I motioned for my members to just continue watching while I'll talk with Chanyeol.

 


"What brings you here?"

 

"I just want to have time with you," he grinned, making me purse my lips in distaste.

 

Did he seriously come here for just that?

 

"Now isn't the right time, Chanyeol. We're having a club activity. Aren't you supposed to be at the gymnasiun right now for basketball?" I chided.

 

"I could still do that tomorrow."

 

Raising my chin up, I folded my arms across my chest, "Non-members are forbidden from entering here." 

 

"Then, can I sign up?" He said, with a hopeful smile.

 

"No. You're already in the basketball team."

 

"As far as I know, it's not written in the school manual that a student is only allowed to join one club, and it isn't prohibited to enter a club room for an important matter." 

 

Touche.

 

He really won't back off in this minor contretemps. Well, I'm not stepping back either.

 

"You call this an important matter?" I asked sarcastically, earning another childish pout from him.

 

"It is... to me." he mumbled.

 

I shook my head in resignation and sighed, "Well, mister, to counter your previous statement, it's our own club rule to forbid a non-member from entering here. It is such a disturbance since as what I have previously mentioned, we're always having a club activity. Plus, You're not an Otaku so I'm not allowing you to join."

 

"I am, noona!" He insisted.

 

I raised an eyebrow at him, unconvinced. "I still won't let you join, so you have to go now."

 

I grabbed him by the shoulders and tried to make him move, but he won't budge. 

 

"Chanyeol..." I snarled, and he unwillingly let me make him walk towards the door.

 

"Can we go home together later, then?" He asked when we're at the doorway.

 

I heaved a sigh again. He sure is clingy. 

 

"All right," I nodded. 

 

After getting my approval, much to his delight, Chanyeol punched his fist into the air in triumph and waved at me enthusiasticall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter