Fall 2: Plan

Fall For Me Instead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My heart was pounding at an increasingly rapid pace. I feel like my head is about to explode since a lot of questions are bombarding my mind. I was about to leave already without being noticed, but then, my phone rang loudly, making me the most hapless person as of the moment. I almost succeeded in absconding if it weren't for the call!

 

"Who's there?" I heard Kiko saying in a panicky voice. Is it okay to scream some profanities at her? I would like to say the "B" word. Kiko Mizuhara, you're seriously going to have a taste of my vengeance soon! It'll be a payback for cheating on Shuhei! GAHH. I can't believe this! Shuhei doesn't deserve this! A like her doesn't deserve him. Oops, I said it, but at least it's not the "B" word.

 

I heard hurried footsteps coming towards my direction, so like what anyone else would do in this unlikely situation, I went for a run! I was running for my life since I didn't want to get caught! I could feel the rush of adrenaline pumping through my veins as I did so. I didn't even know what urged me to escape, my feet just dragged me to dash away from my spot. ε=ε=┌( >_<)┘ 

 

"Wait!" I heard Kwon Jiyong yell as I was running down to the flight of stairs. He was chasing me! Darn it. I could hear his footsteps echoing so much. I can't tell if he was near or he's already behind me. I could feel the hot burning of my lungs as I ran at my hardest after making it to the last step of the stairs. I snatched a look behind me, my hair flying in the wind; the fleeting blurred glimpse of him from far away made me feel a bit satisfied that I was able to maintain such a good distance from him. Despite this advantage, I still ran at full speed, finally passing through the gates. It was quite fortunate that my hair concealed my face from easy identification when I looked back at him.

 

Still running with all I might, the things inside my bag would bounce up and down as I made my way to the bus stop. Never have I ever ran like this in my whole life. I saw that the bus is already preparing to leave, so I doubled up my speed. The doors were still open, and I hastily jumped onto the platform. However, as soon as I landed, the bus broke off from its stationary state, making me lose my equilibrium. Σ(°ロ°) I was paralyzed in shock. It felt like the world was circling around me as I was falling backward, but a firm hand grabbed my wrist and yanked me forward just in time as the door closed. Because of the impact, my face got crushed against the chest of the person who pulled me in. His hand went to the small of my back and I could feel the rapid beating of his heart. I breathed heavily in relief before casting a glance upwards to the person who helped me up.

 

It was the same face that greeted me during lunch break. The doe-eyed guy with plump lips, red hair and a black round earring on his left ear. It was Park Chanyeol.

 

"You almost fell back there!" His voice was so loud that it probably garnered attention from the people on the bus, but it was evidently laced with concern. I could see some passengers stealing glances at us because of the incident.

 

"Thank you," I muttered and squeezed his arm. I pulled back a bit from him and stared at his eyes that were filled with worry. If it weren't for Chanyeol, I could've have been lying on the ground, experiencing excruciating pain. But thank goodness, he was there to save me and prevent that from happening.

 

He seemed to relax a bit as his expression went tender. "Why were you such in a hurry?"

 

"Because it's already late," I reasoned out. I hope he won't find out that I was lying. I think he might be asking more questions if I answered him truthfully and I didn't want that. Moreover, I'm too exhausted to get in details to what I got into.

 

"C'mon, let's go and find some seats." I grabbed his hand and dragged him with me as I searched for vacant seats for the two of us. Fortunately, the bus wasn't fully occupied yet so I was able to find two seats for us at the back. I went in first since I always liked it when I'm near the window and Chanyeol followed suit. He has this big grin on his face as he settled beside me.

 

"Yah, what's with the grin? You're creeping me out." I complained, arching an eyebrow.

 

"I'm just happy that we're starting to get close again," he replied, still not wiping off that grin from his face that seemed a bit smug. With what he said, it finally dawned upon me about what I've done. I was acting so casual with him, and I'm not uncomfortable around him now to the point that I even held his hand.

 

I cleared my throat and was about to stare at the window to ignore him and watch the scenery passing by, but he suddenly spoke. "Where were you after dismissal? I've been looking for you. I thought you already went ahead with Bom-noona since I was a bit a late because of our cleaning duties."

 

It somehow answered some of the questions that I had wanted to ask him earlier and it made my disappointment towards him vanish since he actually searched for me and didn't go home straight ahead. I wanted to say that I've been looking for him too, but decided not to since he might think it differently from what I really meant.

 

"I wanted us to go home together," he added, which sparked up my curiosity.

 

"Where are you staying at, by the way?" I asked, not answering his question first. I was too eager to know the place where he'll be staying.

 

"Apartment 301. Next to yours." He beamed which almost made my eyes come out from its sockets. (⊙_⊙)

 

"What!?" I shouted. Is he kidding me? Is he seriously staying there? At an instant, it finally came crashing down on me. That's why he's riding the same bus with me and that's why he said he wanted us to go HOME TOGETHER.

 

 

 

 

As Chanyeol and I got off on the bus, we immediately caught sight of Bom as she was waving her hand at us outside her house. Actually, the apartment building I'm staying at is just next to her house and beside her house is their cafe. Quite comical, I know. Bom's family decided to move back here in Seoul for good right after her grandmother died in Busan, just exactly when we're entering high school.

 

We trudged towards Bom and I could see how her eyes twinkled in anticipation for her precious phone. "Yah, here's your phone. I got into so much trouble because of it!" I beefed as I handed it over to her. She looked so grateful and happy as she accepted it. The sudden memory of what had occurred back in school brought bitterness inside of me. I'm going to deal with that thing later on.

 

"Thank you so much! But what trouble did you get in?"

 

"I'll just tell you tomorrow, Bommie. I'm kind of tired." I replied, letting out a sigh. Aside from the fatigue I'm feeling due to running, it's kinda weird to tell Bom about it since Chanyeol is still standing right beside me.

 

"All right, but why are you two together? Hanging out?" Bom asked. She pointed at Chanyeol while glancing momentarily at him. I was about to voice out my frustration to Bom regarding the place he would be staying in (which is just freaking next to mine), but Chanyeol suddenly grabbed my hand and entwined it with his.

 

"We're dating," He proudly proclaimed whilst raising our locked hands. I immediately pulled away from his grip and smacked his arm. "Aish, we're not! He's actually staying next to my place!" I vehemently denied. Is he trying to be funny? Because if he is, it's actually not funny at all and I don't understand his humor.

 

Bom gasped. "Eh, Jinjja?"

 

"Yeah, can you believe it?" I said while rolling my eyes at Chanyeol who kept on grinning playfully. He's totally doing a good job in galling me.

 

Bom could only laugh at us. "Geez, you surely wanna win Dara over, huh?"

 

"Uh-huh. Cheer me on, noona." He said while wriggling his eyebrows. I was already shooting daggers at him, but he's turning a blind eye on it.

 

"Bom, I have to leave. I can't withstand the things coming out of his annoying mouth. See you tomorrow." I said, bidding goodbye to Bom before marching off to leave Chanyeol. Without doubt, I knew that he would follow me. We have the same destination after all. How nice. If I don't owe him something because he saved me awhile I go, I would have strangled him. I'm itching to do that already. 

 

"Noona!" He called out, as I made my way to the apartment building. He settled beside me after catching up ahead as we both entered the elevator. This is why I don't really want him to stay in the apartment next to mine. Since our place is just so near to each other, he'll be bugging me to no extent. (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

 

"Noona," He called out again when I continued to ignore him. I pressed the button to our apartment floor and leaned on the wall, waiting for the usual dinging of the elevator before it opens.

 

"Noona, if you're going to keep on avoiding me, I'll kiss you." He threatened, which made me glare at him in exasperation. I don't wanna get kissed by him again. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. I swear, I might scream bloody murder if he does that again. I shall remain as a faithful girl to Shuhei. No one else should claim my lips other than him. \\٩(๑`^´๑)۶//

 

"What is it?" I said between gritted teeth.

 

He chuckled at me before saying, "You're not mad at me, aren't you?"

 

Duh, isn't that obvious? It's written all over my face.

 

I finally heard the ding of the elevator, signaling the elevator doors to open. Thank goodness!

 

"No, I'm just annoyed," I replied sarcastically as I stepped outside and went to my apartment unit, which is Apartment 300. I typed in the passcode. After pressing the enter button, it yielded a beeping noise, and the door automatically opened afterward. I entered my apartment, not bothering to mutter a goodbye at him, but as I turned to close the door, I saw that he was about to come inside.

 

"Yah, why are you coming in?" I spread my left arm to obstruct him from coming inside the entrance. He stepped back, having this crestfallen look plastered on his face as he stared at me.

 

"I wanna talk to catch up with you." He said and I was taken aback. The playful expression he usually has on his face was gone, it was replaced by a serious one. At that moment, I could feel his sincerity through his eyes, but with the state of my mind right now, it'll be hard to pay attention. I might get lost in my own thoughts throughout the conversation.

 

A lot of things has happened today. There's the sudden arrival of the person standing right before me (which has blown me away) and the shocking scene that I witnessed between Kwon Jiyong and Kiko. It was all too much. I'm finding it hard to process all of these things. It felt surreal.

 

"Let's just talk tomorrow, Chanyeol. I'm really worn out and I need to clear my head." I responded. He scrutinized my face for a while, perhaps, he was trying to ponder what's on my mind. After a few seconds, he slowly nodded his head, finally agreeing.

 

"I understand." He mumbled, giving me a lopsided smile. "Tomorrow, all right?"

 

"Yes, tomorrow."

 

"Okay, good night." He waved me a goodbye and spun on his heels to go to his apartment. I stared at his retreating back and smiled when he took one last look at me before finally entering his apartment since I was still peeking out from the door. I'm grateful that he abided me. This side of him warms my heart. Although I only met him this day after so many years, I feel so comfortable around him when he's not being flirty and frisky. But if he's back to being his playful self, he just pisses me off.

 

I closed the door, heaving a deep sigh. Before I could enter into a deep trance to mull over things, my phone started ringing. I delved into my pocket and saw that the caller is my mom.

 

"Yoboseyo, what is it Omma?" I answered.

 

"Darling, I called you earlier but you didn't pick up the phone." My mother replied worriedly. I was unable to check my phone after the chase because I was too preoccupied. But look, now we know who the caller is who stirred up so much trouble. *sighs* I love my mother, but I got into so much trouble because of that call.

 

"Is Chanyeol already there?" she asked, it made my eyes widen. He knew that he was coming?

 

"Yes, but Omma, how did you know?"

 

"He visited me here in Busan last week." She explained briefly. I guess that was why how Chanyeol found out about Bom and I studying here and the place of my apartment as well. "Anyway, I was just checking up on him. I still have to perform an operation in a few. You should take care of him, okay?" Mom is a neurosurgeon in a hospital in Busan. Since my father already died, mom has been working hard for our financial needs. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter