Fall 1: Kiss

Fall For Me Instead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kyaaaaaah!" I squealed as I jumped up and down. But before I could let out even start another round of screams because of giddiness, Bom covered my mouth to end my period of mania.

 

"Jeez, please stop. People are staring." She scolded, the mortification on her face was so evident. I looked around me and there were indeed people within the vicinity who are staring at us. Probably because of the ruckus I created. I just shrugged at Bom and gave her a cheeky smile.

 

Those people could just call me crazy or noisy for all I care. I won't mind them because I JUST FREAKING MADE IT TO THE ADVANCED CLASS! And mind you, I'm not ecstatic just because I'm finally a part of the smartest class and I could brag about it. I'm ecstatic because SHUHEI NOMURA aka THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS FINALLY GOING TO BE ONE OF MY CLASSMATES! That's what I was aiming for beforehand. Plus, Kiko Mizuhara, his girlfriend, just dropped from the advanced class and went to class 3-B. I'm truly blessed. Kekeke. Being a part of the advanced class has a lot of perks for me. And all of those perks are related to being close with Shuhei. I can converse with him freely about homework, projects, and whatnots without any disturbanc—I'm referring to Kiko. *insert evil laugh*  

Thus, getting closer with Shuhei is easier now. I don't have to hide at some bush anymore just to sneakily have a glimpse of his handsome face or hide at some pavement to steal a picture of him that will serve as a memento. Other than that, I'd have more interactions with him than just a simple bow or greeting whenever we cross paths. Ah, just dreaming about how this school year will be filled with a lot of ShuDara moments is already making me drool and it's making my imaginary tail wag with so much delight!

 

"Look at you. You're not even an ounce sad that we got separated since I'm still stuck at class B." Bom said, popping my happy bubble. She crossed her arms over her chest and pouted as she looked at me with a deadpan expression. It's like I was splashed with cold water. 〣( ºΔº )〣

 

I almost forgot. That's the bad part. Bom is not going to be my classmate anymore. I don't even know someone from the advanced class. And even though I'm quite friendly (I'm not boasting, that's what most people describe me aside from being an epitome of beauty) I love being with Bom the most. We click together since our interests are so akin and our personalities don't clash with each other. Bom is the only one who could stand my rants and whines about everything. She's the only one whom I could fool around without minding my image. Molding what I have said into one, in short, she's my best friend. It's no fun if Bom is not by my side. 。・゚゚*(>д<)*゚゚・。

 

"Bommie, it ain't like that! Of course, I'm sad." I threw my arms around her and squished my cheeks against hers. "But we could still be together during breaks, right? We could still go home together. No one could ever replace your spot in my heart!"

 

She rolled her eyes as she hugged me back and replied, "All right, all right. You're too cheesy. You worked hard for it anyway." That's true. I worked really hard for it! I was poking my nose into books day and night. When I was in my freshman year, Bom and I were in Class C. Just imagine my dismay when I found out that Shuhei was actually bestowed with great intellect. He's in Class A so I studied hard and got to Class B on the following year but Shuhei is still consistent in being in Class A. That's why I doubled the efforts that I had done from the previous year to make it in Class A this time. I'm so glad that my grades kept on increasing. There's no ancient sorcery applied here, I'm not too dumb to the point that this accomplishment should be considered as a miracle. I just simply worked hard just to earn this blessing. After all, this is the last year of high school and in this year, I will also have my last chance of stealing Shuhei away from Kiko! (ง •̀_•́)ง

 

"Attention: to all the students of The King's School of South Korea, please gather at the hall right now." The intercom suddenly blared, making everyone's ears perk up. Bom and I finally broke free from our hug and my eyes twinkled in anticipation as they repeated the announcement once again.  Well, Shuhei is the Student Council President and he's going to give a brief welcome speech to officially start the school year! ( ´ ▽ ` ).。o♡

 

"Let's go Bom!" I yanked her arm and we both headed over to the hall eagerly. I only flashed a smile to the students from the regular class who greeted me as we reached the hall. I'm quite popular since as I mentioned before, I'm what they call an "epitome of beauty" in the regular class. They also find me approachable. But it's not like I'm the only one like that. This prestigious school is full of handsome and beautiful elites after all. I don't wanna admit it but Kiko is popular as well. Even when she's in the advanced class, you could still hear students from the regular class gushing about her wonderful figure and beauty. σ( ̄、 ̄〃)

 

We settled down on two of the seats in the front row to get a clearer view of Shuhei. My heart swelled with happiness as I saw him standing on the podium, his eyes seemed to scan the crowd. Just a few minutes from now, we'll be going to the same class. When I was in the regular class, it's hard to see him since the regular class is separated from the advanced class. Regular class is on the left wing and the advanced class is on the right wing and these wings are interconnected by the main building.

 

I guess a lot of you are wondering why I'm so in love with this guy. It's not just because of his handsome face, when in fact, there are a lot of guys here that are much more good looking. It's also not because he's intelligent or because he's the student council president. I don't admire him for that. But those are the things that somehow made me fall in love with him harder. To tell you, the sole reason why I've fallen in love with him this hard happened the summer before I'm about to enter high school.

 

During that lovely summer, Bom and I were at their family's cafe, working as staffs there to help out since we both have nothing to do. He's a frequent customer and I get to see him every day.   We didn't talk to each other unless it's about taking his orders and I didn't take an interest in him either. But after saving me and helping me in several mishaps, it all changed. When I almost slipped because of the wet floor, he caught me right away. When a customer got angry at me because I made a mistake on her order, he helped me cool her head off through sweet-talking.  When I accidentally spilled his drink on his shirt, he didn't get irked and instead, accepted my apology with a smile. I guess what made me realize that I like him is at the time when I lost the bracelet my late father gave me. It was very precious and I really cried because I had a hard time finding it. I know you guys can read between the lines and conclude about what happened. He was the one who found it. When I went back to Bom's cafe at night to search for my bracelet, I found him there. He arrived at the same time as me and I was a bit confused about the delighted look on his face at the sight of me. Before I was about to utter a word of greeting politely, he beat me to it. He showed me my bracelet and returned it to me. It turns out that he found the bracelet at the doorstep of the shop and noticed the name engraved on the gold plate.


"I immediately remembered your name because of the name tag on your shirt. I got this hunch that it only belongs to you since you have such a unique name. Sandara, right? " He said to me. My heart raced so fast and the tears that welled up in my eyes were because of happiness and gratitude for him.  

 

"I was really worried.  I can't thank you enough."

 

From then on, we talked a lot. I found out that he's actually Japanese and he'll be going to the same school as me. But the reason behind this made me really sad, he told me he has a girlfriend and she's half Korean and half Japanese. He learned how to speak Korean per se,  just for her. He also said that his girlfriend will go to the same school as us. After that summer, however, he didn't go back to the cafe ever again. But I don't know why. I'm obviously bitter about it since on the first day of school thereafter, I found him and his girlfriend being lovey-dovey as they went off to the right wing. 

(╥﹏╥)

 

So back to where we had left off,  Shuhei was still scanning the crowd. Perhaps his cue would be the students occupying all of the seats. I looked back to check whether all of the students has already materialized and they already did. I dragged my gaze back to him. He was tapping the mic to test whether it was or not and then his eyes went back to us. He looked so cute. I badly wanted to have our eyes meet but nah, he's looking quite far away from where I'm seated. (。•́︿•̀。) 

 

"Good morning students. For those who doesn't know me yet, the new faces, I'm Shuhei Nomura. I'm your student council president for this school year. Some of you probably woke up this morning feeling extremely excited. Some of you, perhaps a little more worried, and others, were just ready to go. But I can't blame you guys. After all, the first day of the school year marks a new step you take in your life." Looking up to make an eye contact with the students between pauses, Shuhei's eyes finally met mine for a good half a second. I resisted the urge to squeal again. Oh Shuhei, you have no idea how excited I was just to see you again for so long. It felt like drought during summer break. (ノ_<。)

 

"Today is a significant transition for those students and teachers who came here for the first time to join our family. Today is a big day for the 3rd year students. Come to think of it, it is our last "first day" of school. And finally, today is a start of a fresh challenge for those of you who advanced to a new grade. My fellow students, it is with great honor and humility that I welcome you to The King's School of South Korea. To the freshmen, I assure you, you will never regret enrolling here.  Let's all unite to make this school year a great one. Thank you and have a fruitful trimester." There was a roaring round of applause after Shuhei ended his speech. I practically clapped so hard just to make sure that I gave the loudest clap.

 

He's handsome, intelligent, and kind. If I can, I'd use almost all of the good adjectives to describe him. He is  beyond perfection, so could you blame me if I really love this guy? (♡˙︶˙♡)

 

 

 

 

As Dara, along with the other students that had made it to the advacned class went to their classroom, their homeroom teacher made them draw lots for their seat plan. She picked number one so she had to take the seat on the first column in the first row. It was very unfortunate that her crush was seated at the last seat for the first column. She was very sad and wan as she sat in her assigned seat. To have a glimpse of Shuhei, she turned her back only to find him staring out the window. Their homeroom teacher had left anyway. He went to get something from the faculty room, making the students have the chance to talk to one another about their summer vacation and other stuff.

 

Shuhei has a noticeably sad visage. 

 

We're so close yet so far. (ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ ू)

 

Perhaps, he seemed sad because his girlfriend isn't part of the advanced class anymore. That means they'd have less time together which sounds good for Dara but bad for him. She heaved a deep sigh and was about to return to her former position but noticed that Kwon Jiyong is actually the guy behind her. He was closing his eyes, bobbing his head to whatever the music his earphones is playing. What a luck indeed. To be part of a class that has the most popular and intelligent students for the year level.

 

She wanted to open and voice out a greeting since she hasn't made friends yet. And won't it be cool to be close to the leader of their school's boyband called BIGBANG? But she couldn't muster up the courage to do it. The moment Kwon Jiyong raised his head up and spotted her ogling at him, she immediately turned away. Whoopsie. He might think I'm his fangirl or some sort. Thus, she already lost the guts to try to befriend him.

 

Even if Dara had been the kind of girl inclined to walk up and introduce herself, there was still something vaguely unapproachable about Kwon Jiyong. Maybe it's because of the earbuds he always seemed to be wearing;  or the  fact that she'd never seen him getting chummy and talk to a girl before besides Kiko (who gossips say has been his classmate in middle school); Maybe it's because of his fierce gaze, like he was telling you that you shouldn't dare talk to him, or the faraway look in his eyes when she spots him. Whatever the reason is, it's like the cat got her tongue every time she gets this urge to somehow approach him. Sometimes, she wants to put malice about Kiko and Jiyong's closeness. However, the guy is also close with Shuhei and it's not like Shuhei is not there whenever the two are kibitzing.

 

Albeit the intimidating person beh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter