Fall 3: Start

Fall For Me Instead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I roamed my eyes around the cafeteria until I eventually got caught a glimpse of Bom who was beckoning me towards their table. She was with Chanyeol. I realized there are some girls ogling at them, probably because of Chanyeol? With his looks and all, it's no wonder if girls would flock to him. I ran up to them and immediately got scolded by Bom. "Yah, where were you? We haven't eaten yet because we were waiting for you!"

 

Feeling a tinge of guilt, I apologized as I sat beside her and placed down my tray of food. "Sorry Bommie, I'll explain it to you later."

 

"You're sparing me the details?" Chanyeol said in a sulking tone while plunging his fork to the pork belly mercilessly. R.I.P to the innocent pork belly.

 

"I get it, you're not telling the reason why to Bom-noona because I'm still here."

 

"Glad you know," I quipped, making him pout as he chomped down his food.

 

Bom chortled, "You're such a meanie, Darong!" I could only shrug as I watched him sulking. I don't want to be mean, but I have to that sometimes  . I don't want to lead him on. Geez, why did I have to be bestowed with such beauty? A lot of boys fawn over me and Chanyeol is no exception. 

 

Wait... I sound so smug. (☞ ͡ಸ‿ಸ)☞

 

But honestly speaking, what's the purpose of this beauty I have if I can't even make the guy I only want fall for me? Out of all people, why does it have to be Shuhei who's immune to my charms? Tsk.  (ಥ-ಥ)

 

"Now, I'm regretting why I'm with you guys when I'm supposed to be with my buddies. They asked me out earlier to eat with them. I should not have declined." 

 

My face lit up and I gushed at hearing at, "Really? Then, you should! Starting tomorrow." Good for him!

 

"You're quite excited. You wanna get rid of me?"

 

I wave my hands in vehement denial, trying to mask my delight and my intention. "No, it's not like that! Guys should usually hang out with their own gender anyway. You can barely see a group with both guys and girls here, not unless they're dating someone within the group." I said in the sweetest voice I could muster, just so that I could persuade him. I hope I didn't sound a bit desperate. The reason I made up is even ludicrous. I could see how Bom quirked an eyebrow because of my odd behavior.

 

"We should start dating then," The corner of his lips curved into a sly grin, making my smile vanish in a blink of an eye. Unamused by his remark, I hit Chanyeol lightly on the head with a spoon for his temerity before I started eating my lunch.

 

"So, what club are you signing up for today?" I asked, diverting the topic. He seemed to be merry that I initiated the conversation.

 

"Oh please, tell me you're not joining any. I need a companion in the go-home club!" Bom whined, making Chanyeol and I burst out laughing. In her entire school career, Bom had never joined a club. That's why, sometimes, we don't usually go home together. I have long tried to convince her in joining our club but it was of little avail. She doesn't really dig anime or manga. She even finds it a nuisance to join a club, and she would say that none of the clubs in school has piqued her interest. It's too poor for her liking. Take note, she's saying that without even testing one out.

 

"I'm sorry noona, but I'd like to join the basketball team. I'll be going to the try-out later in the afternoon." Chanyeol replied, much to Bom's disappointment. I sneered, causing Bom to shoot daggers at me.

 

"Not fair!" she cried.

 

The conversation went well with us three, we were truly making up for the lost time. It felt like Chanyeol had been with us for the past few years, and hadn't gone off to the USA. I guess that's because of the strong bond we shared even when were still kids. \( ^o)( ^ 0 ^ )(o^ )/

 

"So, what is it that you're going to tell me earlier?" Bom asked me when there's only the two of us at the table since Chanyeol already went ahead. His "buddies" kept on pestering him to hang out with them already. They were a group of eight good-looking boys that he would undeniably fit in. It made me slightly jealous that he already made friends unlike me. Still friendless in class. ヽ༼ಢ_ಢ༽ノ☂ 

 

I took a deep breath and leaned in. "It's about Kwon Jiyong," I started discreetly and Bom's eyebrows raised in surprise.

 

"We are going—" my sentence was cut off because of the light object that I felt. It hit my head and plopped down in front of me. It was a piece of crumpled napkin No, not the sanitary napkin. I'm talking about the other one. I looked upwards, wanting to see the rude person who threw his/her garbage at our table, only to see Kwon Jiyong leaning on the railing of the second floor while looking down at us.  (ꐦ°᷄д°᷅) 

 

He was mouthing "Read. It." and this didn't escape from Bom's scrutinizing eyes. Her eyes darted back and forth to me and to Kwon, trying to decipher what's going on and she wasn't able to utter any coherent words yet. Geez, it wouldn't hurt if he just straight up told me what he wants to say right? What's with this rude get-up? Is he just lazy or just plain rude? I guess it's both. 

 

Following his order, I opened the crumpled napkin he threw at me and this is what it says in a tiny permanent ink:

 

Don't tell anyone yet. Let's talk right now.

 

He must have a really good sense of hearing to know that I was about to tell Bom about us, or is he a psychic? I looked at him again, and he impatiently motioned that I head towards him. Complying with his command, I stood up idly to go to where he was, but Bom suddenly held my arm and it made me jerk backward. Σ(°ロ°)

 

Oops. I almost forgot that I didn't bother explaining the situation to her.

 

"Wait, Dara. What was that? You and Kwon Jiyong..." she trailed off while cocking her head to the side.

 

My eyes flew back to Kwon. His serious gaze prevented me from divulging our secret. I heaved a deep sigh, "I'll explain it to you later, Bom." If I could.

 

Bom nodded her head in bewilderment as I hurriedly bade a goodbye to her. I went upstairs to where Jiyong was waiting for me. He was standing near a pillar and had his furious gaze set on me as I went towards him. Does he always look at people that way? Some find him hot and would rave about how they would melt with his gaze. I would always hear it in some girls' chatter, but I don't understand them at all! I find it rude for him to stare like that at me. 

 

((╬ಠิ﹏ಠิ))

 

"Nice aim," I scoffed and Kwon Jiyong let out a snigger with my snide remark when I stood before him. 

 

"Anyway, about our plan, I have to tell Bom about it." I said. I always need to be forthcoming when it comes to Bom. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see some people glancing at us while muttering something towards each other. I guess we're already raising suspicions just by being together.

 

"Bom is my best friend. I couldn't hide this and lie to her. She'll immediately know it right away. It's better to tell her about this so she could help me out in some circumstances." I reasoned out. 

 

He gave me an exasperated sigh as he scratched his nape. "Just make sure that she'll keep shut, all right?" I nodded curtly.

 

"And don't tell anyone about this other than her, or else, I'll back out." He added. Whoaaaaa. This guy acts like he has an upper hand on this, but I agreed anyway.

 

"Okay, let's have a strategic meeting after class. For now, let's head back to the classroom first." I said and grabbed his arm, pulling him along with me casually as we went back to class. I bet this sighting of us would have a lot of scuttlebutt, but that's good since I intended to have people gossip about us, just so that Kiko would hear about it. I sure hope she would be informed soon.

 

However, when we went back to the classroom, a hubbub got broken. All the noise died when our classmates saw us going back to our seats together. Their eyes were on us, and I could feel my confidence waning. I swear, I could almost hear the sound of crickets, but as soon as both Jiyong and I settled down into our seats, a hullabaloo ensued. It was madness, like a riot has broke out. Our classmates were having a period of mania as they bombarded us with questions. They were attacking us like zombies.

 

"Are you two dating?"

 

"Where did you two go?"

 

"Why did Jiyong pulled you with him?"

 

"Are you actually close with Jiyong?"

 

"Do you two already know each other?"

 

Tons of questions were asked. It's nice that they finally acknowledged my presence, but I don't like the idea that they only noticed me this way. It only took Kwon Jiyong for them to notice me. Why is he so popular and relevant? I awkwardly smiled at them while keeping mum, racking my brain to find a good excuse. Since I was having some trouble of thinking one, I glanced at Jiyong to seek for help, but he only ignored my silent plea. What a jerk! My eyes were practically screaming for help and he only ignored me. How dare he!

 

"Jiyong doesn't want to get close to girls, so this is quite a shocker that he dragged you with him somewhere." My super chinky-eyed classmate said. It caught my attention since it was Dong Youngbae. Jiyong's bandmate. With his cute eye smile, he looks a bit friendly.

 

"What did he do to you?" Choi Seunghyun, also their fellow member asked. He has well-defined, handsome features. The reason why Bom used to have a crush on him once in our freshman year, but not anymore since her ideal type changes every time. These two, Seunghyun and Youngbae, are seated at the far corner, so I haven't been able to converse with them yet.

 

Should I just tell them that we're only friends? How do I explain the reason why he took me with him all if the sudden? ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ

 

Aha!

 

A smile crept on my lips when I finally thought of what I'll say to them. I cleared my throat and declared confidently, "He confessed to me."

 

I saw how Jiyong almost fell from his seat with my statement and the eyes of my classmates almost bulged out from its sockets because of my declaration. I already expected this kind of reaction. It's almost unbelievable after all. Kwon Jiyong—the almost misogynistic yet popular guy in school has finally confessed to a girl? How could that be possible? That's like a miracle.

 

"But I said, I couldn't give him an answer yet since I barely know him." I continued while staring at Jiyong. He looked utterly shocked with what I said. Ha! Serves you right! I also wanna give myself a pat in the back for being quick-witted.

 

On the other hand, my guy classmates roared in laughter, but I could see the girls shooting laser beams at me. Some seemed to scorn and are in disbelief because of what they heard. That's expected and I can't really do anything about it now that I already said that. Why haven't I thought about the downsides?

 

"Wow, it's like the first time Jiyong confessed to a girl and you just rejected immediately?" TOP laughed while slapping Jiyong's back. The fuming guy is already glaring at him.

 

In his defense, he shouted. "She didn't reject me!" but his friends were not buying it and they continued poking fun at him.

 

"I'm not like other girls who'll just accept his confession," I replied coolly. "If he wants to win my heart, then he should work hard for it." Jiyong looked at me in disbelief, and I almost laughed because of his reaction, but I stifled it since I wanted to maintain the air of nonchalance I was putting up.

 

"Dang, you sure are different aren't you?" TOP snickered. "You should totally hang out with us, Dara!"

 

My eyes widened at him and I grinned in delight. OMG. Am I hearing it, right? They want me to hang out with them!?

 

"Are you serious?" GD asked in incredulity before I could even respond. 

 

"Why? What's wrong with that?" Taeyang raised an eyebrow and chuckled. My eyes narrowed at Jiyong. Yeah, what's wrong with that? Huh? Huh?

 

"Don't worry. We're going to help you out with her!"

 

Jiyong turned his gaze back to me. He still looked annoyed because of the teasings he has been receiving. I only shrugged at him and giggled. Now that I think about it, it's a good idea if I do hang out with them. Of course, I need to be with him like all the time, just so that we could trigger Kiko. I'm also not going to be a wallflower anymore. Being able to hang out with 3/5 of BIGBANG. How cool is that?

 

"Hey, hey." A familiar voice spoke, my eyes shot up to the person who just entered the picture. It was Shuhei! My heart wildy thumped against my chest at the sight of him. HE IS HERE!

 

He had his arm around Jiyong and grinned at us. "What's happening here, Dara?" 

 

He finally talked to me! KYAAAHH! And his perfect white teeth is blinding! (๑˃̶͈̀◡˂̶͈́๑)

 

"Ooh, Mr. President is also joining the gossip!" Seunghyun jested which made Shuhei laugh. Ahhh. The sound of his laugh is so cute! ꉂ ('∀`)ʱªʱªʱª

 

"I can't help but be curious. The whole

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter