New Acquaintances

Untainted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Han believes that he did the right thing by bringing his iPod. Within the first few minutes after the party began, he was bored to the core since Kyungsoo left his side long back. Probably grinding Kai in some corner of the ginormous house. People from his classes came up to talk to him but soon they left to enjoy themselves on the dance floor. Since Han wasn't much of a dancer, he was all by himself.

He grabbed a shiny plate and filled it with all kinds of delicious food that was being served. He grinned and found himself a nice balcony adjoining the hall kind of room the party was being held at. There were a few chairs around a quaint coffee table and Han pulled back a chair to sit down. The balcony was really breezy and gave a great view of the outside which made Han smile to himself.

'Perfect place to listen to songs!' he says and pulls out his iPod from his jacket. Stuffing his ears with the plugs, he closes his eyes and bobs his head to the music.

@_@

Huan’s eyes widen to their extent and he stammers,’ W-what?’

The purple-haired guy in front of him laughs and says,’ I know it’s pretty hard to believe because I sometimes I get compliments from people who tell me I look like a teenage boy of 15.’

Huan chuckles weakly and tries to let the news sink in. He’s a stripper. A. stripper. He quickly grabs his fork and stabs his food, trying to mask the odd mixture of expressions showing on his face. Squinting in the dark restaurant, he finds Minseok smirking at him playfully. Huan secretly checks out the older boy who looks very tappable in the plain, white button-down shirt and tight, black jeans. His small eyes keep smiling at Huan joyfully, making his heart leap.

‘So…’, Minseok says,’ Your brother…’

Huan grunts scornfully which makes Minseok laugh.

‘Oh come on. He can’t be that bad!’

‘He isn’t! That’s the problem! He’s Mr. Goody Two-shoes! And my Mum expects the same things from me.’

Minseok ‘ooohh’s in a mocking manner and Huan punches his arm lightly. Still chuckling, Minseok adds,’ What about him? Does he hate you too?’

Huan thinks for a moment and realizes that he doesn’t have an answer to this question.

‘He’s too caught up in himself to care. I guess.’ Huan says instead. He doesn’t want to be told that he never gave Han a chance and that . He’s a bit conceited that way.

‘You said he’s a good guy and now you are telling me he’s too full of himself. What exactly is the mystery here?’ Minseok asks and taps his chin.

‘Can we please… not talk about him?’ Huan asks ruefully and Minseok nods.

‘What do you want to talk about?’

‘I don’t know. Something interesting…?’

‘Hmm… okay, so tell me, Huan. How’s your life? Would you be interested in maybe… you know.. hooking up with me?’

‘WHAT?!’ Huan exclaims and Minseok bursts out laughing.

‘Don’t worry, I was just kidding. But, those expressions of yours were priceless!’ Minseok says while wiping his eyes. Huan ends up laughing too and comes to the conclusion that this night wasn’t so bad after all.

@_@

Sehun is relieved when he finally manages to escape Tao's grasp who drags him towards a group of people to talk to. Sehun insists otherwise but Tao persists. So, Sehun has a sudden brainwave.

He speaks out loud,' Hey Kris! How you doing?'

Tao, at the mention of Kris' name, looks around frantically to catch a glimpse of the aforementioned guy and in the process, releases Sehun's hand. Sehun, taking advantage of the opportunity, runs away to the far corner of the noisy, bustling room. Kai completely forgot about him and the guy he was going to hook him up with for which Sehun is beyond grateful.

He sees a glass door leading out into a balcony. He quickly opens it, steps into the balcony and closes the door behind him. He's glad that he's finally alone now.

Just when the thought leaves his mind, he realises he can hear someone humming. And then he notices a dark figure on one of the chairs by the coffee table. Sehun turns around to leave when the person sitting on the chair says,' It's ok. I don't mind you sitting here. You can stay.'

His voice feels like music to Sehun's ears, so soft and pacifying. He's rooted to the spot, wondering if he should go back inside the room and find another place for enjoying his solitude. Or he should stay. Just stay. And the next moment, it's like his feet work on their own, Sehun walks to one of the chairs across the table, facing the person.

He tries to make out the features on the other's face, but it's too dark. A weird thought kicks in as to why he's doing so. He has never been interested in talking to anyone new. Then why all of a sudden he's interested in this stranger.

Just because he has a beautiful voice, is that why? That's the creepiest thing you have ever done, Sehun.. he thinks to himself.

Somehow, he feels harmless. He just does for no reason. So Sehun decides to stay there and enjoy the dark night and the soft smelling air, away from the ruckus inside.

'You hating the party out there too?' the soft voice asks Sehun.

'Y-yeah. Not m-much of a p-party person.' Sehun stutters n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter