Lu Han

Untainted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han sighs as his dainty fingers press down the keys of the piano tenderly. He bites down his lower lip apprehensively on hitting the wrong note but then he begins playing the tune all over again.

After what seems like an eternity, he finally manages to get it right. Perfect and just how he remembers it from his dream. He heaves a sigh of relief and laughs at his silliness. He has been stressing himself out over a tune that he heard in his dream two nights ago. A tune so melodious and striking that he couldn't get it out of his mind even after the dream ended. He was unable to recall whether he had heard it before elsewhere. It seemed unlikely. He was quite pissed when the tune kept playing on a loop in his mind, causing him to be distracted most of the time. So ultimately, he decided to try and play it out.

And he is overjoyed, now that he has succeeded in doing it. He scribbles down the notes on a fresh sheet music and eyes his black, shiny piano in admiration. He runs his fingers over the keys again and smiles to himself. He loves playing his piano. Nothing ever makes him feel this euphoric. He feels completely.....

'Thank God! You finally stopped playing that jangly instrument of yours!!'

Han shuts his eyes as soon as the words reach his ear. He grumpily pushes back the stool he is sitting on and stands up. Stomping towards the staircase leading upstairs, he exhales noisily. Turning his head upwards and glaring at the peeking face over the banister, he clamors,' Dimwit!'

His own face sneers back at him. Or rather... his twin brother's face.

'Dip!' his brother, Huan, retaliates and throws something down at him. A small, light brown deer plushie hits Han's face first and then falls to the carpeted floor. Han's eyes widen and he squeals. On lifting his plushie, Han realises that the deer's jet black, beady eyes are missing.

He groans in rage and begins yelling at his brother,'Where are Deedee's eyes!!??'

He hears Huan snicker which heightens his anger. He holds the plushie close to his chest and glares daggers at his brother.

'Well, Deedee decided to donate them so I took them out for him. Stop scowling, it’s for a good cause!' comes the reply.

Han blows a raspberry at his brother who s his middle finger at him.

'I... ing hate you..!!' Han curses.

'Han! Language!'

Han turns around to see his mother coming in through the front door opposite the staircase, juggling large, brown paper bags of groceries. He places his plushie on the bottom step and advances towards his mother to take the bags out of her hands.

'Where did you learn to speak like that!?' she asks him.

God, Mom! I’m not a little kid anymore! Stop treating me like one! is what Han wants to say but he bows his head in shame anyway. Just then, he hears his brother chuckle and his mother asks him,' What's so funny up there?'

'Nothing, Mum. Just Han acting like the good guy he's not!' Huan replies and Han feels like flinging his shoe at Huan's face. He has always been annoying, as far as he could remember. But while growing up, he never realised when his brother's annoying behavior transitioned into viciousness. He often contemplated whether his brother hated him. Because sometimes it did appear that way. He always tried to be good towards the other. But his advances were blindly shrugged off by his brother.

They were identical. Like really, really. Sometimes even their mother got confused between the two of them. The best way that she could tell one from the other was by hearing their voices. Han's voice was smooth and sweet. It had a calming effect on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter