006

Reboot: The Legends - Messenger I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan was happy that he arrived at home without any further incidents. “Gran, I am home!” he called. There was a voice coming from the tiny living room, the creaking sound of the old couch his gran loved so much. He rushed to the elderly woman who tried to stand up and sat her down immediately. “It’s fine, gran. Happy birthday,” he smiled while kissing her cheek. She chuckled while brushing over his hair. “My dear, you look very tired. Lots of work?” she asked him gently.

He ignored her question while opening the cake box for her. She looked a bit surprised before she squinted her eyes in suspicion. “I know you could never afford this since you put all your money in my hospital bills.” Luhan chuckled only while he used his telekinesis to get plates, a knife and two forks. “Gran, you don’t question a present.” Even though she smiled, Luhan could see how bad her health was. The skin was sickly grey, her once so sparling eyes were dull and watery, her fingers trembling so as if she didn’t have the strength to even lift the knife to cut the cake.

“I am not going to die right here right now, Luhan,” she reminded him while blissfully taking a bite from the piece of cake she just had cut. He had tried to hide his worry but of course his gran would know. After all, she was the person who had raised him and watched him growing up. With a sight, he took a piece for himself. “I will be fine, Luhan,” she murmured while wiping a bit of cream from the corner of his mouth. “And, I just want you to be happy.”
Her words nearly made him cry. She was his everything. He couldn’t bear the thought of her dying. What would he do without her?

A little later, his gran had fallen asleep on the couch, Luhan decided to take a shower. For that he had to go to the public bath, which luckily wasn’t too far away. Luhan hurried because he didn’t want to leave his gran alone for too long of a time. It was already dark as he returned.
Slightly frowning, Luhan was surprised that the lights in the room didn’t go on. The thought that it could be some kind of power out were thrown out immediately since the lights on the streets functioned perfectly.

Very worried, Luhan rushed into the living room but his gran was nowhere to be found. Panic spread inside him as he frantically called for her, searching every room until he finally found her in the kitchen. Blood was dripping out of . Cold fear grasped Luhan and he dared not to think of the worst.
Her breath was shallow but it gave him hope that she could make it. This was not from her illness. The vases were shattered and there was a dent in one of the pans. What happened?

“Gran, tell me what happened. Is someone here?” he asked, trying to not lose his nerves. “R-run… he is…,” she half coughed, half whispered.

Suddenly Luhan couldn’t breathe anymore. Someone strangled him from behind, the grip incredibly strong. How did he not notice? A warm, sickly sweet smelling breath hit his ear and shudders ran down his spine. “Foooouund you.”

The voice was creaky and distorted. It was impossible to find out if it was a man or a woman. Luhan couldn’t remove the hands from his throat. He was about to use his telekinesis to pull the foe away as he suddenly heard a loud thudding noise. The pressure on his throat disappeared and he gasped for air. “Are you alright?”
To his surprise it was Sora and Kai standing behind him but there was no time for further questions or answers. The person who had attacked him got up but now it was another person he was fixated on.

The person stared at Kai, it was too dark to see the face, but Luhan was sure that it was Kai. Dashing forward with incredible speed, the person attacked Kai but in a blink of a second Kai stood behind the person, kicking the legs away while his hand grabbed the back of the person’s head and smashed it into the wall next to him.

“Watch out!” Sora screamed. The arms of the person went limb for a moment before the stretched unnaturally and aimed for Kai’s neck, the fingers looking more like claws. Sora tackled Kai down just in time. The both of them crashed to the ground. “H-he is getting away!” Luhan stuttered in shock as the person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter