004

Reboot: The Legends - Messenger I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Merena was way smaller than Aberon. It was a homey city in the near of a trade route so it still had enough importance since many travelers and traders came through the city. Despite all that, Merena was quite, compared to the chaos in Aberon. The houses were typical village houses, painted in a pretty crème color with brown roofs and medium sized windows, two on each side of the houses. Street lamps out of iron would lighten up the streets at night and a magical haze filled the air as the sun went down in the west.

“How come you know about the whereabouts of the next reincarnation?” Sora asked Kai while they walked through the streets. The people didn't show much interest and attention towards them and Kai and Sora didn't have to worry about anything.
“It was a feeling,” Kai muttered absentmindedly. He couldn't remember much what happened just a few moments ago. Everything was blurry, so as if he had taken drugs... or something similar.

As he glanced over to Sora, he saw how annoyed Sora was. “Is something wrong?” With a smug grin, he saw how she tried not to state the most obvious.
“No, no everything is fine,” she muttered and sighed. How much time had they spend with each other now? Right, it wasn't even an hour and they quarreled like they would hate each other for their whole life.

Many stores still were open and here and there were booth, which sold snacks. Since Sora was really hungry, she bought some snacks and since she somehow felt that she at least should try to make the situation between them better, she offered Kai some of them. Kai on the other hand only stared at the snacks, before he raised his brow and turned his head away eventually.

What an arrogant prick he was, Sora thought and that not for the first time. She really wanted to throw these words right at his head but she didn't. Keeping a cool head and a hot heart – that was what Yuri always had told her. This journey would be a test for her patience and she wished that it was over already.
Kai wished exactly the same and he was happy that the inn they checked in also had two separated rooms for them. He didn't even want to imagine what it would be like to share one room with her.

“Now, what are we going to do next?” Sora asked him as they met in front of the door again. “Dunno. Maybe our little miss “know-it-all” has an idea?”

For a moment, Sora didn't know what to say. The first thing she wanted to yell at him was that he was a freaking joke as one of the Legends. The second thing she wanted to yell at him was that she was not a know-it-all. “Oh, whatever,” she muttered. Her gaze fell on a shop which sold pretty clothes and just to annoy Kai, she walked towards the shop and Kai's jaw dropped. Was she serious?

Sora was serious. Very serious.

The sound of a small bell filled the air as Sora entered the shop. “Ah, we are about to close the shop!” a soft voice suddenly said but Sora couldn't find the body to the voice. “But you can look around until I ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter