001

Reboot: The Legends - Messenger I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness, thick and suffocating – that was the cage in which the Arcanes had been imprisoned in for such a long time. Darkness, nothing but darkness which should put them to an eternal sleep. Nothing should ever disturb them, them and their ruler, who had been put into slumber along with them.

A small smirk played around the corner of the ruler while he moved his hand in a circular motion. Foolish people, he thought by himself while a chuckle came over his lips. Dim, red lights flashed up in the darkness. Those weren't just normal red lights; they were the eyes of the Arcanes. A hiss could be heard, then another one. They came from every direction and from nowhere, eerie and creepy. Heavy steps could be heard, interrupting the noises of the hisses.

“Don't be so impatient,” said the ruler with a calm voice and the red eyes moved up at once to look at him, though they actually couldn't see anything. “We should start slowly, don't you think?”
He stood up from the throne he had sat on and looked around. He only waited, waited for the right moment to come to take revenge on those who had done this to him. Never would he forget the pain and the disgrace and he would make sure that every single one of them had to pay.

Slowly, he sat down again. His time hasn't come yet but it soon would. The only thing he had to do was to wait.

Suddenly, a crack could be seen in the darkness. A shining white light, blinding and dangerous for the Arcanes, who hadn't seen any light for nearly a thousand years. They hissed even louder but backed off immediately, huddling around their king, who just grinned.

The light faded again and darkness immediately ate up the tiny amount of it, which still lingered here and there.

Slowly, the Arcanes calmed down again and they closed their eyes. The red lights disappeared and no one of them, except for their king, knew that some of them had disappeared.

*

A tall man rushed through the corridors of the palace in Aberon. He was not only tall but also handsome yet intimidating at the same time. His face handsome face seemed ageless, his dark brown hair combed to one side. His dark eyes absorbed most of the things around him and he could hear the people whispering as he walked past them. Doors opened and closed again but the man ignored the sounds and walked down the hallway until he arrived in front of a huge and impressive looking door, made out of ivory and covered with gold inlays.

Sighing, the man slowed down his steps and ran his fingers through his hair. Yunho, that was his name and he was one of the council members who ruled in Casiora.

As light steps joined him, Yunho turned around. A light smile played around the corner of his lips as he raised his hand and saluted mockingly. The smile faded quickly though as he saw the woman's expression. She was quite short with shoulder long, black hair, which framed her slim face perfectly. Her brows were ceased in worry and a bitter line grazed her lips.
“The seal is crumbling,” she whispered as a greeting and Yunho sighed in his mind again. “You don't have to tell me that, Boa. I am very sure that everyone of us felt it.”

That was something Boa could not argue against and so she only nodded while raising her hand. The door opened on her command, revealing a huge call, which was covered in marble. Banners hung down from the colorful windows, showing the emblems of Casiora: The Tree of Life, surrounded by the emblems of the twelve Legends.

Two people always awaited them, an older man with black hair and sharp looking eyes, and a young, beautiful looking woman with fragile looks.

“Why is not everyone here yet?” Yunho asked with a calm voice but the older man, who listened to the name Heejun, only raised his brow. “Morning Yunho,” was his answer and it was clear that he had no intention to answer the question.
“We just received the message a few minutes ago. They surely are on their way already,” Taeyeon assured them with a soft smile, which let her whole face shine. She sat down as Boa sat down as well. Actually, Taeyeon was Boas apprentice though t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter