003

Reboot: The Legends - Messenger I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora could not believe it. Not the slightest bit. Angry, she stomped towards the library, her face showed how annoyed she was by the thought of accompanying that prick Kai. Not only that he was Yunho's apprentice from which she barely heard until now, no, on top of that he also was the so called reincarnation of one of the Legends.

Yunho had pleaded her to stay silent and of course she would, and of course she had agreed to go with Kai. She must had been out of her mind at that moment and now the only thing she wanted to do was to bang her head against a wall. Her mood went completely downhill as she remembered that she had to fetch him up in a few minutes. They would meet Yunho at the palace later, after the council meeting which he had to attend. As far as she knew, Kai's journey would begin with the search of the next reincarnation, which only could be find with the help of the corresponding emblem.

If Sora had to be honest, she was really excited to see the emblems up close and not only on pictures. Up until now the real purpose of the emblems but the people still treated them as national treasures. Only a few selected people had seen the emblems and it was an honor to belong to those people soon. Sadly, it wasn't Sora allowed to touch the emblems, at least not without her gloves.

Nearly every person in Casiora had a special, magical ability. Sora's ability was clairsentience. By touching an object she would be able to perceive its history and memory, if something like that even existed on an object.

“My, you look gloomy, Sora! What happened?” The sudden voice startled her because Sora usually was very aware of her surroundings. The female librarian was one of Sora's closer acquaintances but she didn't count her her to her friends.
“Oh well, I have to teach Yunho's apprentice.” Well, that wasn't exactly the truth but Sora couldn't think of something better at that moment.

The librarian's eyes widened and Sora cocked her brow because she couldn't understand her reaction. “You mean... that tall, y and hot guy? Do you know how many woman would like to be in your place now?” she asked Sora who barely could hold back her words.

Yeah, sure. Arrogant, antisocial and a complete jerk. That would fit him more, Sora thought by herself while she turned away from the librarian. “Well then, good luck.”
As Sora was alone, she let out a long, exasperated sigh. Why did she have to stick with a guy like him? The words he had said to her popped up in her mind and she slammed her hand against some of the books. Her gaze drifted towards the window and she nearly choked on her own spit. She was going to be late!

Kai's small dorm house was in the dorm district in the near of the palace but Sora never had been there before. “2b, 2b... here it is!”

The house – it was more a small box – was very plain but she hadn't expected much, to be honest. Taking a deep breath to calm down a bit, Sora knocked at the door and waited. And waited, and waited and waited and waited. No one opened the door which annoyed her to no end. Again Sora knocked, louder this time and again no one opened. This time she slammed her palm against the door and would have continued if someone wouldn't have open the door right that moment. “Damn it, you crazy woman. Stop it,” Kai grumbled, an angry look on his face. While Kai still muttered something incoherent, Sora had to blink several times to make sure that she wasn't dreaming.

Everything she thought about his physical appearance before, she had to take it back. Since he only stood in boxershorts right in front of her, his hair still slightly wet and water dripping down his toned body. He had abs but they were not excessive, and he definitely had wide shoulders. As handsome his physical appearance was, as rotten was hi character. Sora would not step down from her opinion of him.

“You are way too early, woman.”

It was so hard, so very hard not to punch him right on the spot, and Sora had to recall her meditation exercise to calm down a bit. “I have a name. It's Sora and no, I am not early. In fact, we are going to be late.”
Kai stared at her, blinked slowly, but then turned around and walked back into his house. Since he left the door open, Sora followed him immediately but she didn't come far.
“I didn't allow you to come in.”

Kai stood in front of a small closet, his back facing her. “Well, you let the door open so I thought that would be an invitation for me to come in.” Sora shrugged, even though Kai couldn't see it.

“Are you stupid or what?” he asked her immediately while he pulled out black pants and a black shirt. Kai was more than just irritated by Sora. He didn't understand why Yunho had insisted that someone should accompany him on his mission. Not that he didn't have anything against a travel friend in general, but Kai hadn't expected that it would be a woman. Especially not such a snot nosed and annoying woman. She probably wouldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter