005

Reboot: The Legends - Messenger I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late as Luhan left he shop. It had been a long day and he was tired and hungry. With a thoughtful expression Luhan walked over to the small restaurant just across the street where he usually got his dinner. He thought about the girl and the guy he had just met. The guy seemed so familiar but Luhan was sure that he never had seen him before. A face like that, he could never forget. It was a strange feeling of familiarity and he didn’t know if he liked it or not.

Before Luhan entered the shop he stopped and looked around. Someone was watching him but there was no one. Maybe it was just his imagination?
Inside the restaurant the man behind the bar smiled at Luhan as he entered. He was an old friend of his grandmother and Luhan knew him since he was a young boy. Whenever he was at the restaurant, Luhan didn’t have to pay for his meal. “The usual, I guess?” the man asked Luhan who answered his question with a smile. Waiting for dinner at his usual table, Luhan watched the people around him attentively. Most of them were families. A feeling of sadness overcame him. He only knew his parents from what his grandmother had told him. His mother, young and beautiful, died at his birth while his father had left her while she still was pregnant with him. Whatever had happened to his father, Luhan didn’t want to meet him.

A girl stumbling against his table broke his trail of thoughts. The glass on his table nearly fell but he caught it with his telekinesis. With big eyes the girl stared at him but Luhan only raised his fingers to his lips and winked at her. She seemed to understand that she shouldn’t tell her parents about what she just witnessed. She walked back to her parents, a happy smile on her face.
“Kids are nice, aren’t they?” the old man said as he brought Luhan’s dinner. “They certainly are,” Luhan answered kind and polite as always. “How’s your grandma? Today’s her birthday, right?”

Luhan gulped hard. The old man patted Luhan’s shoulder before he put some money on the desk. “Here, buy her something and no, don’t refuse it. I know how hard you are working so just take it, okay?”
There he was now, staring at the money someone just gave him out of pity. It was something Luhan didn’t like but he took the money anyways. He was the only one left to take care of his only family and everything he earned he put it into the small flat they had and the hospital bills. His grandmother was old and the illnesses slowly started to eat her away. As for now though she was fine.

As he was on his way home, Luhan stopped at a cake shop of an old acquaintance and bought a small cake from the money the old man had given him. He still felt a bit bad that he had accepted the money but at the same time he was happy that he had at least something for his grandmother. The streets were brightly lit and there were still many people on the streets. It was a warm summer evening, beautiful and peaceful. Luhan decided to walk a little longer among all the people, to watch their happiness before he had to turn into a dark alley.

There it was again. The feeling of someone watching him.

Luhan walked a bit faster, head turning back from time to time. There was no one behind him but there had to be something. He was sure of and whatever it was, it scared him. If it was necessary Luhan could fight whoever was stalking him. Telekinesis was quite useful but he would like not to use his ability. Besides that he knew how to fight physically as well. “Luhan?”

He nearly hit Sora mentally but managed to cancel out his ability in time. With wide eyes, he stared at her, trying to recall her name. “Uhm, er…,” he stammered nervously. At the same time he was a bit relieved that he met a somewhat familiar face. “Sora, name’s Sora. I don’t think I introduced me,” she reminded him. Right, she didn’t tell him her name or that guy behind her. He looked rather weary and grumpy.

Sora noticed Luhan’s fast breath and his widened pupils. He was scared and she kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter