The Less You're Seen

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Light filtered through the white drapes that hung in master bedroom. The massive room could easily be an apartment all on it’s own. The room had one whole wall made of glass and functioned as a window displaying the vast city of Seoul. On the far wall near the entrance, a plasma TV and surround system.  Following the wall to the left was the master bathroom and on the farthest wall stood a king sized bed. The bedding like everything in the room was white and the only other color that was used to accent the room were shades of gray.  The room was simplistic and elegant. A room fit for a king or someone that had a lot of money…

 

The owner of such a lavish room was currently sound asleep tangled in sheets. His hair was a mess of light brown locks contrasting with the white of the fluffy pillows. The only sound in the room was coming from the light snores of the slumbering man. To wake the man would be a crime. The man looked ethereal surrounded by white and his face looked so peaceful it would be considered cruel to wake him.

 

Even if it could be considered a crime and an outrageous cruelty, poor Luhan was jolted awake by the sound of his blaring alarm clock. Luhan opened his eyes at the sound of his alarm  and  groaned at the light that had seeped into his room. Quickly he sat up and hit the clock that sat on his nightstand and plopped back on the bed. He turned over in his sheets and contemplated snoozing for a couple minutes but then decided it was time to get up. There was a lot of things he needed to get done and he knew if he was late to any of the meetings he had Kris would be on his . With that in mind he turned back over and looked up at the ceiling of his room stretching.  He sat up once more blinking away the sleep and hopped out of bed going straight to the bathroom to get ready for his day.

 

Once Luhan was done in the bathroom he reemerged into his room towel wrapped around his waist and another towel around his neck. He was walking towards his closet when his phone started ringing. He lazily walked  over to his bedside table knowing exactly who the caller was.  At the third ring he picked up the phone and answered.

 

“Please tell me I did not just wake you up because I swear to god Luhan I will murder you!” Threatened Kris on the phone. Luhan rolled his eyes at his friends empty threat.

 

“Good morning to you to Kris.” Luhan answered sarcastically. He walked over to his closet and set the phone on speaker so he could get dressed.

 

“Seriously what took you so long to answer? Don’t you know you’re in charge of two stock meetings and you have to fly to Beijing to meet to check on the our home base?” Kris replied voice etched with worry. Luhan sometimes found it incredible that this was the man that had become one of the mafia's top leaders. He was always nervous about things and to make things worse he had a thing about being on time.

 

“Relax Kris I am getting ready as we speak and to be fair I did not take long too answer.” Luhan said slipping on a white dress shirt.

 

“Relax? You want me to relax? Excuse you sir, but how do you think I--”

 

“Got to be where I am now blah blah blah.”Luhan finished having memorized Kris’s monologue after knowing him for so long

 

“Look Kris I know exactly how you got there I was there. Seriously you need to just relax when have I ever failed you?”

 

“Never, but that's because you know I would kill you if you did.” Kris replied annoyed.

 

“Ohhh come on you know you wouldn’t kill me, remember I saved your life.” Luhan beamed at his phone while tucking his shirt into his black slacks.

 

“You did not save my life you just provided me a hide out and if I remember correctly I already paid you off.” Kris huffed.

 

“Whatever Kris we both know you wouldn’t kill me now if that’s all you wanted to call me about I’m going to let you go so I can finish getting ready.”

 

“I...yeah that was it I’ll see you later tonight at Gallery” Kris said. Luhan picked up his phone off a dresser in his closet and hung up without saying good-bye laughing to himself. He always loved annoying Kris in any small way he could.

 

Luhan and Kris had been friends for years. They had met when one day 11 year old Kris had stolen a whole roasted duck and was running away from the shop owner and police. Luhan, who was 9 at the time, had seen Kris running and offered to help him hide in exchange for half of the roasted duck. In desperation Kris had agreed and from that moment on the two had become friends. They had a lot in common both were orphans living on the streets constantly starving.

Together they  had become errand boys for their neighborhood in exchange for food or money. Soon Kris had become tired of their poor life and became er

Please log in to read the full chapter