This is Gonna Be The Best Day of My Life

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun couldn’t believe the night he had just had. He laid on his bed staring up at the ceiling trying to make sense of everything. He had thought dinner was going to be just him and Kyung maybe even B-bomb. Seeing Luhan sitting at that table had totally thrown him through a loop.  It amazed him how small the world could really be. It was almost too small considering he was in Busan and ended up meeting with Luhan. Which made him wonder what could have brought the other male here. It seemed odd to him that both Kyung and Luhan were there when as they had explained it was B-bomb and Minseok's job to look over things in Busan. During dinner he had speculated that they must all work for Zico and Kris. It would make some sense since he had seen Luhan at Gallery and he was able to offer Sehun free drinks.  Then again they could all just be business partners or even just acquaintances of  Zico and Kris. It was almost too tempting to think that Sehun could get closer to the people that alway made headlines. If he could somehow get information from Kyung or Luhan he could be set for life. He would be a legend amongst journalists. He shook his head at the thought and let out a tired sigh. He was getting ahead of himself. Not a lot of things always looked as they seemed and he needed more than his speculations to come out and start daydreaming. Plus there was a part of him that really liked Luhan and he couldn’t imagine the other partaking in the underground world. He gave a sigh before getting off the bed and looking for his laptop. He had notes he wanted to jot down before getting ready to sleep.

 

Suddenly, right when he was reaching for his laptop bag, his phone went off. He pulled it out of his pocket surprised to even be getting a phone call this late when he looked at the caller ID. Seeing that it was his boss he quickly answered.

 

“Hey boss-”

 

“I have been trying to reach you all night! Why the are you just answering me?”

 

“I’m sorry I uh had dinner with some friends-”

 

“Sehun you are aware that this isn’t a vacation right?”

 

“Ye-”

 

“Shut up and listen. There was a bank robbery in a town near Busan. It’s been all over the news which is why I have been texting you, but that’s besides the point now. Since you’re already there please make yourself useful and get me my story.” Suho ordered. Sehun could picture his boss red in the face with anger and one hand rubbing his head in frustration.

 

“ alright send me the address.”  He quickly replied hoping it would calm his enraged boss. And just like that Sehun’s night changed drastically. As soon as Suho gave him the address Sehun rushed out the hotel and jumped into the nearest cab.

 

Once he arrived at the scene he took note of the amount of reporters that were already live at the scene. He walked briskly towards the police hoping to get more information than the media had already put out. The robbery had occurred right in the middle of the dinner he had had earlier. He put on his best work face and hoped for the best. It was going to be a long night.

 

Sehun was exhausted by the time he made it back to his hotel room. But it was all worth it, he got his story. It was something so amazing it could be made into a movie. The Busan crew had really done a number this time around. The cry for attention was so loud Sehun knew this wasn't anywhere near the end.  What the Busan crew did wasn't just robbing a bank. They didn't just go in there and blow up the place. No they went in there with an extravagant plan. They had the place completely surrounded with camouflaged  cars and robbers dressed as regular civilians. They had two bank tellers working for them and were able to disable all of the security system within the time limit to take all the money out. The best part wasn't even how they did it. It was the fact the bank held a portion of Kris’s money. And that's all they took.

 

The Busan crew didn't wipe out the bank. They actually left a considerable amount of money. They went in there only for the money that Kris had there. Sehun was dazed. He had never seen anything like this. The bank wasn't even part of a chain. It was an original bank from the city that had been there for years. The police were shocked because how did they know that out of all the banks Kris kept money in that one?  To Sehun it was an easy question. To him it was obvious that the rat problem was definitely getting out of hand and this was a declaration of war. What else could be expected from such an elaborate plan? He did wonder if this was all because of the shooting that happened awhile ago. Could all this still be revenge for Mr. Park? He plopped on his bed and stared at the ceiling trying to come up with more but drawing blanks. All he had were speculations at this point. He could work with them but it was always better to get all the details. That just meant he was going to be really busy in the next couple of days. For now he would just keep his speculations to himself and prioritize writing this bank story first.


 

Sehun stretched his all too stiff body. He was finally home after a three hour train ride. He had hoped to fly back to Seoul but that of course was wasted effort because, of course, the weather was terrible and no planes were going out. So back to the train he went. The only good thing was that he had been so exhausted from typing up the story for Suho he slept as soon as he sat in his seat.  He didn't wake up until the train stopped at his spot.

 

In his mildly groggy state he had hailed a cab and was now home. He took a seat on his couch when suddenly his stomach started making the most obnoxious noises. Sehun let out a sigh because he really didn't want to go out but there wasn't anything in his apartment to eat. He considered going back to sleep but his stomach made more noise and he was forced to get off his comfortable couch and lazily walk towards his bedroom.

 

After washing his face and putting on a T-shirt and joggers he felt a lot better. He was absolutely starving at this point so he quickly gathered his phone and wallet and headed out the door. It wasn't until he was out on the street that he decided to call up Jongin and  invite him to eat. His friend of course was more than happy to accept and so they decided to meet each other at one of their favorite restaurants.The restaurant was known for its burgers and shakes. They used to go to it a lot when they were both in high school and college. Now days it was hard to go because of work and of course the fact that eating the way he used to in high school would mean going to the gym would be a lot more painful. Sehun felt his stomach grumbling the closer he got to the restaurant and only hoped that Jongin would already be there or that he would get there soon.

 

To his relief and luck he found Jongin waiting outside of the restaurant casually leaning on the wall looking at his phone. Sehun picked up his pace and stood in front of his friend snatching the phone out of the others hand to get his attention.

 

“HEY!” Jongin yelled completely taken by surprise.

 

Sehun let out a laugh at his friends offended face before handing the phone back, “Hello to you too bud.”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes at Sehun's greeting, “And you say I’m the childish one.”

 

Sehun nodded vigorously, “You are.”

 

Jongin scoffed at his friend, “Wow and here I was gonna treat you because I wanted to welcome you back, but since I’m so childish pay for your own food.”

 

“This my dear friend proves my point but since your ego is so easily wounded I’ll pay so stop pouting.” Sehun said smiling at his friend and opening the door for both of them.

 

Jongin only shook his head and stepped in with Sehun following close behind him. Sehun felt his mouth water as soon as he stepped into the restaurant. He felt a huge wave of nostalgia as he took in the boths and tables. His life had changed so much over the last couple of years in compar

Please log in to read the full chapter