Don't Over Think About It

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Flashing lights were everywhere going off every five seconds. People shouting and holding pens up in the air trying to get their questions answered. At the front of the room stood a very baffled police chief, Chief Sujin. The man was clearly overwhelmed by the sheer amount of journalist demanding answers. The poor man had just walked into the room and hadn’t even been able to greet the crowd as everyone had jumped up and started shouting over each other.  Sehun couldn’t help but pity the police chief. He never understood why some journalist made press conferences into a circus. They would all be able to get their questions answered if they just quieted down.

 

Sehun shook his head in disapproval at the mayhem that was occurring in front of him. Today he was at a press conference after two dead bodies were found. Ordinarily this wouldn’t receive so much media attention but one of the bodies found was of a well known member of one of the mafia groups that resided in Busan. The man had a nasty reputation and had made headlines two years ago when he wasn’t convicted on drug trafficking charges. Sehun remembered writing for the court case and the outrage many people had. But there wasn’t much anyone could do. It was clear that the man’s lawyers had taken care of everything. Sehun had figured bribing also played a factor, but didn't look into it because it was something that would be too hard to prove and the general population had thought the same way. Everybody knew how corrupt things were.

 

The sound of someone clearing their throat and tapping on to the mic made the room fall silent. Sehun took the chance to pull out his small note pad and pen from his pocket  ready for the conference to start. He looked up at the stage waiting for the police chief to begin but of course the room erupted into more questioning that made Sehun roll his eyes. Someone who did the PR for the police department had to come up and tell everyone to please refrain from questioning until the end of the police chief's speech. With that said Chief Sujin took the podium again and began his speech. Sehun took notes of the location where the bodies were found the time and what the police suspected happened. It seemed they concluded it was an exchange gone wrong. Something that was very likely, but Sehun had a feeling that this could have been part of something bigger.

 

Soon it was time for Chief Sujin to take questions and Sehun decided to move closer to the front of the room. Unlike in the beginning most of the reporters were calm and there were a lot less people shouting out questions. Sehun figured it was because their questions had already been answered when the police chief went over what they were investigating.

 

“Chief! Over here!” someone that was in front of Sehun called out. The police chief turned in their direction and pointed at the man in front of Sehun acknowledging him.

 

“Sir, do you have any reason to believe that this wasn’t an act of revenge?” the man asked. Sehun thought the question over silently. Interesting it could be but where’s the motive. It couldn't be something as simple things hardly ever came out that way when it was related to the underground and they weren’t found in Busan they were found here in Seoul…..

 

“We did initially think that, but we have investigated the area where the bodies were found and we do have some witnesses that have convinced us otherwise. There was also a shipment of weapons that went missing in Busan that we have now connected with the events of last night,” answered Chief Sujin before looking over at the crowd to take more questions.

 

Sehun jotted down the response and started analyzing the situation again. It was really lucky for the police to have a few witnesses. The mafia tended to be really careful of interactions like drop offs. It could have also been someone who walked onto the scene later on. They could have seen people putting things into trucks and laying out the bodies. Sehun’s musings finally led him to raising up his arm to ask a question.

 

He didn’t want to shout to get the Chief's attention so he waited quietly before giving up when he noticed the Chief wasn’t looking in his direction. With a sigh Sehun called out and was surprised to get the Chief's attention fast.

 

Chief Sujin nodded at him and Sehun spoke, “Chief you mentioned that the bodies were found in the outskirts of Seoul have you thought of the possibility that our resident mob might be involved?”

 

Chief Sujin let out a chuckle making Sehun feel a little offended. He knew what was about to come, and tried to put on his best indifferent mask.

 

“Son, the prominent gang that's based here runs a tight operation they have no need to mess with underlings from Busan and they also wouldn’t leave a crime scene like they did. We also have been a close eye on them and so far have no activity to report on.” The chief scoffed, but before he could turn to take someone else's question Sehun spoke up again.

 

“But if it’s how you say, a drop off gone wrong, couldn’t they have left things that way as a message to show other groups not to try to screw them over? I mean who else could they have been delivering to?”

 

The room was filled with murmurs at Sehun's words and the Chief looked shocked. Sehun tried his hardest not to smirk. He knew he had brought up something important if the Chief had no condescending come back for him.  The chief looked on with eyes wide before he was finally able to form a response. It was amazing how loud the room had gotten with people coming to their own conclusions and cameras flashing everywhere.

 

“The-the investigation is still ongoing so it’s something that um that will be looked into.” he responded looking over at Sehun.  He then turned to address the rest of the crowd who were going crazy trying to get their newly formed questions.

 

“Now there will be no further questioning. Thank you for coming” the chief rushed out  before quickly making his way of stage. The room instantly went wild with protests. Soon the PR person came back onto the stage to dismiss them and thank everyone for coming. While everyone was a little distracted Sehun took the chance to slip away. He wanted to get out of there before the rest of the reporters could turn their attention to him and start questioning what he knows.  He also wanted to get started on his coverage of it before anybody else could.


 

As he was walking out of the press conference Sehun started to think over all the information he had gathered. He had been to Gallery two nights ago and was able to get a lot more information than he had the first time he visited.  He remembered that after a couple of drinks he and  Jongin got to work. Well he mostly got to work Jongin was really only there as an added distraction. He started it off with mingling with some people and sharing a laugh to get their confidence when that proved to be giving him nothing he decided to sit at the bar while Jongin being the man that he was started flirting with a couple of the waitresses. When he was sitting at the bar he happened to overhear a conversation by two men who were sitting just two bar stools away looking troubled.

 

“This rat business is really getting annoying.” One of them had said sparking an interest in Sehun. Sehun cautiously leaned in their direction to hear a little better. The one that spoke first had blonde hair and cat like eyes while the man next to him was a little taller and thinner with black hair. The other was slightly more intimidating than the blonde even though it looked like he hadn’t slept for days.

 

“Tell me about it … Kris is all paranoid and keeps calling us into special meetings.” The one with black hair responded before taking a big gulp from his drink.

 

“Yeah,I bet Zico hasn’t made it any easier on him considering he blames him for it.” The blonde replied shaking his head.

 

“The good thing is we’re getting closer to figuring out who it is thanks to Ange

Please log in to read the full chapter