Day Five

5 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun clenched his eyes shut, instantly regretting having looked up into the sky, too bright for him.

He looked at the sand covered ground, black spots dancing in his vision because of the prior brightness as he shuffled closer to his tall boyfriend, whine escaping his lips as he complained “Chan, ugh, why is it so hot? I feel like I´m gonna diiieee”

Chanyeol chuckled, watching how the petite male tried to fawn himself, not having expected such a weather after the last days.

Chanyeol had to agree though, almost able to feel the drop of sweat sliding down the side of his forehead, making him feel gross and sticky.

It was their last day in Berlin, and for that Chanyeol had planned a visit to the, rather famous, castle sanssouci, knowing Baekhyun liked to hear about the renaissance time.

Still, Chanyeol didn´t book a guide, having planned to enjoy the time alone with Baekhyun in the famous castle, wanting to once again see that adorable, awed expression on the smallers face.

They were currently waiting at the entrance of the castle, the burning, hot sun shining down on them.

Chanyeol would´ve been more annoyed usually, but a cute whining Baekhyun lifted his mood.

“Don´t worry Baek, in there it´ll be colder” hopefully “We don´t have to wait much longer, only about five minutes”

Baekhyun gave a curt nod coupled with an impatient smile, his head starting to ache from the heat.

True to Chanyeols words, they were being let in a couple minutes later, together with some other tourists and foreigners.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Baekhyun didn´t like the castle, no.

He loved it.

He´d always liked hearing about the people from hundreds of years ago, how they lived and everything. It just fascinated him, and he couldn´t thank his tall red head enough for visiting this castle.

He didn´t even know that Chanyeol remembered his obvious like towards history, knowing that he´d talked about it with the giant sometimes, but not aware his lover would remember.

A warm feeling started to appear in Baekhyuns chest, feeling cherished.

He was currently in a room that once was meant for meetings, the space empty with only a few seats forming a circle.

Paintings hung on the walls, wonderful in the way they were drawn, though some questionable with their extent.

Chanyeol fondly watched how his lover admired some of the paintings on the wall, knowing fully well that he´d made the right decision with coming here.

It was in that moment that Chanyeols phone began to ring rather loudly, causing judging glares to be thrown at the giant, as well as a hiss saying that young people these days had no clue how to appreciate important things such as history.

Rolling his eyes at the disdain of the people around, Chanyeol threw a quick look at his petite lover who hadn´t noticed his ringing phone, to distracted with the paintings on the walls, deciding that if he´d answer quickly they would be able to further enjoy their time.

So without much thought he turned around, accepting the call as he let his eyes wander, whispering a very agitated sounding what.

He sighed when it turned out that someone had accidentally dialed the wrong number, feeling somewhat guilty about having scared the stranger on the other line with his rough tone of voice but feeling no real remorse, after all his time with Baekhyun had been interrupted for absolutely nothing.

Telling the stranger a quick goodbye and silencing his phone in the process, he quickly turned around once again, sending a smile to where he thought would stand Baekhyun.

But found nothing.

He let his eyes wander around the room, trying to find the petite male that was his lover, but being unsuccessful.

He felt panic arising, realizing that he once again had lost Baekhyun, worry immediately starting to settle as he realized that Baekhyun probably was scared out of his mind, the castle being a big place.

The tall male tried to take a deep breath, calming himself down as he began to reminisce where Baekhyun could have gone.

Seeing as there were three possible ways, Chanyeol could feel his desperation starting to rise, before following his gut feeling and storming through the middle door.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Twenty minutes had passed and Chanyeols worry hadn´t subsided, leaving him to frantically search through the big castle without success.

It was when he stormed into a not so large room, decorated with different shades of pink and a mattress in a far corner, that his breath hitched with relief, seeing the petite stature of his puppy-like lover standing in front of different vases.

Baekhyun, currently admiring the original vases from a long time ago, had to change his focus upon his boyfriend, seemingly panting a bit.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Chan, are you alright? You look a little out of breath…”

The Giant gaped at his small lover, for once himself stuttering as he said “B-but, I, didn´t you notice?”

Baekhyuns brows seemed to furrow further “Notice what exactly? I mean you were unusually quiet, but I thought it was your way of appreciating the castle?” Suddenly, Baekhyuns face seemed to drop “Oh no, you find it boring here, right? Oh my God, I´m so sorry, I´m taking too long, aren´t I?”

Chanyeol chuckled upon his petite lovers’ outburst, deciding to not tell the puppy like male about his hour of worrying, instead saying “don’t worry Baek, I´m not bored. I like watching your pretty face. Let´s just continue on our way.”

Almost outright cooing about the blush appearing on his lovers’ cheeks, Chanyeol found the castle tour was a more than good idea.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was two hours later when Baekhyun was satisfied with his admiring, leading the two lovers to exit the castle.

Unfortunately, it had only grown hotter, making Baekhyun pant after only about ten minutes of walking.

“Chan, could we maybe, maybe slow down for a bit? I´m not feeling to well…”

Chanyeol, also not used to such hot weather which shortened his temper, let out an annoyed sigh.

The bus they had been supposed to take had had a flat tire, leaving them to walk in the burning sun.

The knowledge that they had to walk for at least another 30 Minutes didn´t lift the mood in the slightest.

So, although instantly regretting it, Chanyeol hissed “Baek, don´t be like that. You can sit down later. Just hurry up a bit.”

He felt like an when his petite lover stared at him with shocked eyes before averting his eyes, mumbling out a sorry.

Great, Chanyeol, just great.

Baekhyun didn´t hold it against his lover, though, knowing that such weather could easily affect the mood.

It didn´t soothe the sting he felt in his chest area, though.

Baekhyun knew that he sometimes behaved like a whiny child, but he wasn´t lying when he said that he didn´t feel well.

He felt light headed, his head sort of empty but in a way that was almost painful but not quite, more like… uncomfortable.

He also felt gross, and although he could not feel any sign of sweat, he wanted to scratch at his skin as it felt almost unbearable.

He heard Chanyeol say something, not quite understanding it and, for some reason feeling agitated, said a rather aggressive what, seemingly startling his lover.

Chanyeol cleared his throat, not having expected such behavior from the petite male. Nonetheless, he repeated his words, saying “We managed half of the way, we´ll be there soon.”

Baekhyun only nodded, feeling his sight wobble upon the movement and had to stay still, fearing he´d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter