Day One

5 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol sighed, watching the blurred shapes of the trees from the window as the train drove on. 

Another sigh escaped his lips as he averted his gaze, just to let it fall on the sleeping male besides him, head on Chanyeols shoulder as he let out cute, soft puppy-whimpers every few minutes.

Truly adorable.

Once again he could feel the sharp prick of guilt, remembering that he was still lying to the petite male, still deceiving him. The tall male tried to soothe himself, thinking after these 4 Days I`ll be able to tell him, it´s just to make sure. Knowing fully well these thoughts wouldn´t help to ease his mind or heart.

It wasn´t like he was hurting the smaller male with his little white lie, oh no; It was more like he was protecting himself.

Byun Baekhyun thought he, Chanyeol, was 25 years old, had a Goldfish called kimchi and another fish called Kai, worked a not-so-well-paid job as an engineer, had a rather common background regarding heritage and finances and had once managed to break an arm while cooking noodles.

All of these facts were true.

Except maybe one.

Yes, he was 25 years old, yes he shouldn´t cook noodles, yes he had pet fishes, and yes he worked as an engineer.

But his heritage may not be as common as he had made it out to be.

Truthfully, his father was rich. Very rich. Like so rich, that it wasn´t really talked about because talking about so much money could make the conversation really uncomfortable really fast.

And because of that, Chanyeol was also rich. It wasn´t like he just let the money being thrown to himself, no; he helped and did his own work to rightfully get his part of the money they made.

It wasn´t like they did anything special and sometimes Chanyeol himself couldn´t understand how they made so much money; After all, they were only the owners of a Hotel.

Better said his father was the owner, but Chanyeol would be, which was part of the reason he already helped his father with the business.

So yeah, it wasn´t like this lie would hurt his puppy-like boyfriend (As if he´d let anyone hurt him) but more like a… Pre-caution?

He had had people going out with him only for his money or his looks, never looking past his belongings and seeing him, no, always letting themselves be overwhelmed by greed.

It happened one time too often to let Chanyeol think that it was just a coincidence, just one greedy person. No, he wouldn´t make that mistake again.

That was not to say that he thought Baekhyun was the same, oh no, quite the opposite actually. But he had to make sure; he couldn´t bear getting hurt again, above all getting hurt by Baekhyun who meant far more than his other flings ever did.

His plan was simple; he´d told Baekhyun it was just a normal vacation, Time for them to spend together.

That the hotel they were staying in was partly his own was somehow forgotten to be mentioned. Oops.

He just wanted to see how Baekhyun would react to his surroundings, if he would see the same craving and greediness in his eyes like he did with his other flings.

Although he doubted it, Baekhyun was the purest human being he´d ever known.

Almost as if hearing his name in the silent musings of the red-haired giant, Baekhyun began to stir, letting out a little yawn as he did so.

Blearily opening his eyes Baekhyun blinked, bringing up a to a fist curled hand to rub at his eyes, another yawn escaping him as he did so.

Chanyeol had to supress the urge to coo at the adorable display.

“Are we there yet?“ Baekhyun asked, drowsily smiling up at his boyfriend.

Chanyeol chuckled, bending down to kiss the smallers forehead, who giggled in reaction, before saying “It´ll take us about another two hours, just go back to sleep till then; You´ll need your energy once we´re there. “

The smaller pouted up at him, voice still a bit rough from sleep “You too! I don´t want you to be exhausted when we arrive. Can you sleep too? Please? “

Chanyeol chuckled once again before agreeing, drifting off to Dreamland with his precious Byun Baekhyun.

- - - - - - - - -

“OH MY GOD! D-do you see this? Chan, Are you really serious??“

Baekhyun couldn´t believe his own eyes when they stopped in front of an extremely large hotel, Golden light seeming to stream out from the open doors.

When Chanyeol only nodded with a light smirk, Baekhyun could feel his jaw drop.

“Are you out of your mind?! That must be expensive as hell! No way I`m letting you pay that much for me! “

Chanyeol chuckled, having expected such a reaction from his boyfriend, who didn´t know that Chanyeol didn´t have to pay a single Penny.

Perks of being the hotels owner.

 

Chanyeol walked forward, trailing his and Baekhyuns luggage behind him (he had refused to let the small male carry it, not wanting him to exhaust himself. And also he was much stronger than his little Boyfriend; surely it wouldn´t have much impact on him to carry the bag Baekhyun brought with him.). As soon as he stood beside the little male he patted his head, saying “Nope. I´m in the best state of mind. And yes, I am being serious. Now come, little Pup, let´s go check in. “

Seeing how Baekhyun only gaped at him, Chanyeol let out a not-so-annoyed sigh before snatching the smallers thin wrist and leading him to the entrance, the little male to awed to fully resist.

Baekhyun barely registered how Chanyeol got their room keys, too busy with staring at his surroundings, awed at the bold luxury he wasn´t expecting to see.

As he looked around he could feel the ugly start of insecurity scratching at the back of his head, but he managed to ignore it, his awe at the beautiful place too big to be shattered by something as trivial as insecurity, at least at the moment.

He could feel Chanyeol stepping beside him and looked up, expecting to see the same awe on the taller man’s face, but was instead met with a look of… bored indifference? Being sure that he was mistaken, he whispered “Chan, Don´t you think this place is great? “

He heard the giant chuckle before replying “Why are you whispering? Andy yes, indeed it is great. “

Baekhyun blushed, clearing his throat once before saying, now in a normal voice though still a bit meek, “W-well it just didn´t seem right to talk loudly? Just forget it Park! L-let´s just go to our room… “

Chanyeol wasn´t able to supress the grin that began to show on his face, beginning to follow the smaller who had no idea where to go.

Realizing this, Baekhyuns face burned even more, and the puppy stopped, waiting for Chanyeol to take the lead.

- - - - - - - -

Baekhyun fidgeted in his place.

Currently standing in the more than big lobby, waiting for Chanyeol to come down so they could go out to eat something (It hadn´t been easy to convince the giant to go out this late, especially seeing as it was already dark. The red-haired male was just to protective of him; Not that it bothered Baekhyun, it was wonderful to feel so save just because of one person and he couldn´t deny that it made him even more affectionate to Chanyeol), Baekhyun didn´t know what to do.

It didn´t feel right to him, standing in such an expensive place, and watching people with suits and expensive-looking dresses walking around like they owned the place, didn´t help much. He looked down, slightly frowning at his own attire; his simple looking, a bit oversized, grey hoodie coupled with tight black jeans and sneakers in comparison to what everyone else was wearing, made it seem like he was a beggar from the streets, trying to get some money.

And apparently he wasn´t the only one who thought so.

Baekhyun couldn´t hold back the painful gasp emitting from his throat as he felt his wrist getting squeezed in a tight grip, painfully so.

His view was then obscured by a not so tall, but still taller than himself, man, wearing a red uniform with gold details, obviously an employee of the luxurious hotel.

Before Baekhyun could ask what the man wanted, the employee seemed to tighten his grip even more, causing Baekhyun to bite his lip.

“What are you doing here” hissed the man, grey eyes burning through Baekhyun “People like you should know their place, not come into such hotels! Aren´t you ashamed? Don´t harass people with such a replaceable existence as yours!”

Baekhyuns lips quivered as he could feel tears burning at the back of his eye lids, desperately trying to hold them back but not succeeding. As the first tear rolled down his cheeks he stuttered “I- I´m sorry, I, I have a room here, I- “

He was interrupted by the other man’s laugh “Do you really think I´d believe that? Believe that someone as you could have a room here? Just come with me, I have a lot to do; I´ll just lock you in an empty office and deal with you later on”

With that, the employed man began pulling Baekhyun in some direction. Baekhyun began to struggle against the tight grip and what could he do, what could he do, where was Chanyeol, what now-

When suddenly, the man stopped.

Baekhyun could feel the grip around his wrist losing in strength and quickly ripped it away, holding it against his chest as unconsciously small whimpers continued to leave his throat.

He looked up ahead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter