Day IV: Flickering

The Sun King

"Kim Heechul," Changmin confirms with a nod.

Yunho's expression changes immediately, and he paces the room angrily. "Only the greatest magic user to have ever graced the surface of the Earth," he mutters darkly, running a mindless hand through his carefully styled hair, messing it up. "And he arrived too late to save my brother."

"But he saved his reincarnation," Changmin argues, standing up. "And you too, by the looks of it."

Yunho glares at him. "You don't understand," he snarls. "He told us it was fine, said we didn't need his service, and then he disappears for years."

"He came to me when I was seven," Changmin says quietly, crossing his arms.

Yunho stops, and if looks could kill, Changmin would long have been dead.

"I was three when my brother died," he spits out, face contorting in rage. "The ing bastard didn't come until I was already sixteen."

Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes, Yunho is evidently trying to collect himself down. Changmin stands there quietly, thinking over the sudden turn of events.

"Do you know why I put you in this room?" Yunho's voice is calm again. Changmin looks up, seeing at Yunho is facing away from him.

"Was it his room?" he asks, even though the answer is obvious.

Yunho nods, turning back around. "This room," he says, putting a hand on the wall. "This room is consistently cold no matter what anyone does. I have attempted to use my power - his power - to warm it up, but to no avail. Have you noticed, Changmin?"

Changmin had not, but that is probably due to his living in Sugelan. Yunho shakes his head, a small smile appearing on his lips again.

"It's because you have the winter, and this room is the autumn," he explains. "That bastard Heechul explained it to me. Yesterday, when you couldn't find me, I was in this room all along. It was his favorite hiding place."

Yunho's face turns sad, but Changmin is extremely alarmed.

"Why couldn't I find you?" he demands, a bit too harsh than he meant to be. "I looked everywhere!"

Yunho laughs this time, shaking his head. "No, Changmin," he chuckles. "You never even glanced up once."

Changmin jerks his head up, searching the ceiling, and sure enough, in the far corner, there is just a hint of a trapdoor.

Changmin could slap himself for being so stupid, but Yunho goes on. "Do you want to see it?"

"If that wouldn't be too much trouble," Changmin replies carefully, knowing that everything about this topic is sensitive.

Yunho raises his eyebrows. "Actually," he says. "It's time to eat, so I suggest you change."

He sweeps out of the room, choking on a laugh, with Changmin's curses following him.


HEY GUYS OMGGG I'M BACK AFTER LIKE TWO WHOLE YEARS //shot// I'm actually so sorry for leaving this story off ;;; i love my homin but yeeee i should be able to post what i already had written and then write more!!