Love Lost

A Modern Fairytale

Dara's POV

"We're still married." I told him.

A string of curse followed my revelation. I can tell he looks shocked and pissed. 

Good thing the waiter arrived with our orders, stopping Jiyong from cursing some more. 

The decision to tell him this news at a restaurant is a good idea after all. This way, he can't shout out his wrath since we are in a public place. He resorted to gulping down some wine straight off from the bottle. But my relief is short-lived. I tried not to wince while awaiting the onslaught of his anger. 

Once the waiter was out of earshot, he hissed, "Don't look so disgusted, princess. Bet your boring lover-boy Dongho never drank straight from the bottle eh?" 

"Donghae. His name is Donghae and yes, he has manners. Let's stop the insults and talk like normal adults do, please." I begged. 

"Huh! How do I know you're not doing this to weasel money out of me? Because I'm telling you, princess, you won't get a cent out of me." He warned in a low voice. 

Hmmp. Money is all he thinks about. I thought bitterly. He never missed the chance to boast of how his wealth has surpassed my father's. 

"Stop calling me princess." I hissed in annoyance. "And I am not going to touch anything coming from you. I don't need your money. What I want is a quick and quiet divorce. I assure you, there won't be any need for alimony or any other financial settlement."

"What makes you think I will cooperate? I thought your father took care of everything. How do I know you'll do it right this time?" He asked, and started eating like he has no care for the world. But I can tell with the way he gripped the fork in his hand, he is majorly pissed. 

"Donghae and I will handle it this time. The lawyer my father commissioned before was a fake. We only know of this recently." 

"So you mean to say -" suddenly his phone started ringing. He was about to just ignore it when I told him that I will go to the washroom. He nodded absentmindedly and answered the phone.

I really did need to go to a washroom. I don't feel so good with this encounter. It's bringing back painful memories. 

After taking a short breather, I headed back to our table, filled with renewed hope that once Jiyong calms down, he will cooperate with me.

I was so wrong. As I sat down across him, I noticed his deep scowl directed at me. What is it this time? His temper has always been like this, though now is much worse.

I remembered, when we had a slight disagreement before, I would just massage the frown off his face and he'd ask me to kiss it, then we'd just laugh silly. 

Now, I sighed as I can't do that anymore. It makes me think if the memories I had of him really did exist. Wait? What am I thinking? Erase! I don't like where my thoughts are heading.

Then his words to someone over the phone stopped me in my musings. 

"Are you positive? Pull out all GD Entertainment's artist from performing at that damned music festival. They don't know who they're messing with." He said those words in voice full of loathing while staring straight at me. If his stares could kill, I'd have dropped dead by now.

And I'm afraid I know why he is angry. I remembered what my father said last week, when he saw me crying over something and he immediately assumed it was because of Jiyong. This was way before we knew about the fake divorce. 

He asked the producer of the music festival, who happens to be his friend, to ban Jiyong from performing. I told father to stop it, but I guess he did not listen. Now, I have to explain what happened and apologize.

"I can see you're aware of what's going on in my company?" He said in a low cold voice.

"I-uh-I can explain. I tried to stop my father from -" 

"It's still not enough for him huh?! He bans me and all my GD Entertainment Artists from your damned TV network, and when he realized that I don't need his STN to survive and succeed, he's resorted to calling on his equally conceited friends to sabotage me!" He angrily stated. 

"I'm sorry, okay. Jiyong, please, I'll talk to him about it." I assured him. I am so ashamed of what my father has done. 

"Huh! You expect me to believe you? Your father will regret the day he crossed paths with me." 

"Jiyong, please. I'm begging you. My father -" 

"You are so like your father. Selfish and without conscience. You only think about what you want. I wonder how you can live with yourself!" He hissed. The way he said those words made me think if he is still talking about the present. Why is he acting like I'm the one at fault when in fact it was him who caused all the hurt in my life before. The nerve!

"And you're still the arrogant, ill-mannered bastard. I won't wonder how you live with yourself though, knowing that you are now surrounded with the money you have always worshipped even before!" I retorted. 

I then gathered my things. "I'll have my lawyers contact you for the divorce." I got up to leave when his hand grabbed my arm to stop me. 

"Don't be too sure about that honey. I'll make sure that if you do get a divorce, it will be on my terms, not yours. Be prepared, princess." He mocked, his close proximity made his words more daunting. 

"Let go of me." I glared at him. "Don't you dare touch me again." 

~~~~~~

Jiyong's POV

I let Dara go with a smirk plastered on my face and dark anger painted in my heart. I saw her walk with her head held high and drive away on her white Range Rover. 

My mind is now set to exact my revenge. They'll pay for it, I'll make sure of that.

I got to the office and set my plan in motion. 

"Jiyong, what's going on?" Top asked me, a can of coke in his hand.

But his question was interrupted as Taeyang, GD Entertainment's legal advisor and a close friend, arrived in my office with a knock. 

Before he can even take a seat, I started giving him rapid-fire instructions. "Find out anything you can about Seoul TV Network. Start buying some available stocks but don't make it too obvious. Study them, the business, find some loopholes -"

"Are you planning to take-over the company?" Top interrupted.

"I might. I might not. It depends." I replied evasively.

"Is this about that 'Dara' girl?" Top asked. 

I continued on, completely trying to ignore him. "I need to see -"

"Right! Now I get it!" Top exclaimed, totally testing out my patience. 

I went on as if I didn't hear him, "I need to see the reports by the end of the week."

"I learned that a Mr. John Park was the one behind the banning of performances from the music festival. Anything I should know about?" Taeyang finally spoke up.

"I'm married to his daughter." I revealed nonchalantly. 

I expected adverse reactions about my revelation, but I only saw Top and Taeyang frown at each other. Weird.

"Oh-kay. You got nothing to say Top-hyung? Well that's a first." I said in attempt to break the awkward silence. 

"Hmm. I told you, I heard that name somewhere. You called her name out once when you were asleep in the car." Top revealed.

I just looked at him blankly. '! I need to stop sleeping in the car.' I thought

"What are you planning to do? I heard Ms. Dara Park or shall I say Mrs. Dara Kwon is engaged to be married soon." Taeyang added.

"She asked for a quick divorce over lunch." 

"Phew!" Top interrupted again. "You must feel great, Jiyong! First time you meet your wife after so many years and she asks for a divorce right away. Hahaha!" The idiot laughed.

"Do you want me to handle this right away? You agreed with the divorce right?" Taeyang asked, while trying to suppress a laugh over Top's antics. 

"Of course not. I have no plans of cooperating with that spoiled rich brat." I answered.

"Then what do you plan to do?" 

"I'll think about it." I said and dismissed both men from my office. 

Then the memories of the buried past, triggered by seeing her again, resurfaced. I closed my eyes and succumbed to the cloud of memories.

The memories of our love... a love lost.