The Old Time

Between Us

I didn’t expect to get some subscribes that fast, thanks a lot guys really T^T comments and critics are very welcome since I want to improve myself too and to be honest I never went into casino or club before so, I’m really sorry if I made some mistakes of explanation here. Oh if you wonder who and why i placed the character there and their job, you can read the thread link on the foreword before. I'm pretty much try to using the characterize from there and for the last, Happy reading ! ^^

-mondchan-


 

              Just like another main city on the previous country that she have been there before, Shanghai is no different either it doesn’t sleep at night or it was just like her too right now. It’s already late night but she still glancing over the city from her hotel room balcony, leaning on the railing there and breathing slowly. She heard a sliding sound of her balcony door and she didn’t have to see who’s the one that open the door and leaning on the railing beside her right now.

              “So, this is Shanghai at night huh?” She casually asks her while sipping her beer and giving another can to the girl beside her. Nayoung gives her small thanks before opens the can and take a sip of it.

                 “Yeah it is.”

                 “Finally breathing the same air again? After two years?” Heehyun smirked at her and Nayoung only scoffs hearing that.

                  “You wish.”

                “Why? It’s not like we don’t know the fact that this is her homeland and also it was our intention to come- oops! I mean, your intention to come isn’t it?”

                  “I thought you stop being a big mouth after that day-“

                “I thought you also stop being a stone oh wait, what was that again? warm stone?

                 “You-“

                “And I thought you both already grown up.”

             Nayoung wasn’t even finished her sentence because another voice have joined them and now she’s leaning on balcony railing just right in the middle of them.

                “Kim? How did you-“

               “Seems like someone forgot to lock the door and telling me to come tonight if I have some free time before another flight and look what I found here.”

            It’s none other Kim Nayoung, wearing a simple brown coat with her hair freely falls over her shoulder and casually sipping her beer that she took from their table because she knows Heehyun will always save some. Im sends a glare to Heehyun and Heehyun only stuck her tongue in response.

            “I should’ve known that travelling with you only can make us getting robe anytime.” Im snorted.

              “I don’t mind if the robber gonna be this pretty tho.” Heehyun nonchalantly answer back and Kim start to laughs.

              “You and your filthy mouth of yours no wonder that pretty part timer girl on Insun’s unnie restaurant dump you.”

               “Excuse you Kim, she is not the one who dump me, what’s up with your academy teacher huh? Oh right, I forgot she was gone with that department store part timer on Dongdaemun before.“ Heehyun cackled but seems like Im Nayoung won’t let the other this go before Heehyun got her lesson first while Kim only scoffs listening to Heehyun.

              “Oh I get this, forget about Kim, you’re the one who dump that restaurant part time girl then?” Im decides to but in and smirked. “What a jerk.”

              “You’re not the one to talk either Im Nayoung.” Heehyun snorted back “please do remind me that we both have the same thing going on here.”

              “Oh really? So, awful brain what are we now?” Kim shoots back at her

           “We? You still asking that? It’s been two years gosh we both know it we are all just broken heart runaway club.” Hearing that Im chocking her beer and looking at her with ridiculous eyes.

              “We what?”

              “Oh come on as ty as it sounds we both know that’s  true.”

            “You are, but not the two of us.” Kim deadpanned but soon they are looking at each other for some brief seconds and burst into laughter together even Im who was known as the stone laughing too.

              “So , broken heart runaway club huh?” Im playfully ask her while Kim only chuckles.

              “Broken heart runaway club. What a name.”

              “Cheers for that?” Heehyun offered her beer in front of them. They are looking at each other before giving smile and another round of laughter while tossing their beer cans.

              “CHEERS!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two years ago….

 

                “ Hello!! Good evening guys! Back again with me your one and only beagle ang! Jung Eunwoo woohoo! Today we have a special guest, guess who? Our internet sensation Lee Haein is in the studio with us right now! Yay! Now, Haein-ssi please great our listeners here.”

                Jung Eunwoo, a rising rookie radio dj on Seoul. A college sophomore girl who were famous around Seoul and known for her beagle, greasy and her often busking thing around Hongdae with her underclassmen girl named Bae Sungyeon she was quite making name for herself there and gain a recognition from the public quite well in no time.

                “Good evening everybody! I’m Lee Haein nice to meet you!”

                “Woahh I can feel the lively atmosphere here, I bet you guys’ already curious right? Yup! Don’t worry guys for the next one hour ahead we gonna spend the time with Haein-ssi and talking about her latest project.” Eunwoo gives her wink and Haein giggles.

                “Look guys you can hear her giggles right? So melodious and pretty, too bad you couldn’t see her right now she is so pretty up close no wonder she was the our facebook star before. Ohhh wait guys, you can stream our broadcast in our homepage right now and don’t forget turn into the video mode there you can see you girl crush unnie Lee Haein and of course me too here.” Haein only gives a small laugh to her and Eunwoo continue talks.

                 “Haein-ssi what did you eat to become this pretty?” Haein couldn’t control herself and she laughs hearing that.

                 “What question is that Eunwoo-ssi? What about you what did you eat to become this greasy?” Haein playfully asks back at her. 

              “Oh wow this is the first time someone asking me like this but to answer your question I’m eat like how normal people eat, hey wait this night should be all about you Haein-ssi not me.” And they ended up laughing together. “Okay guys let’s cooling down for awhile while I play this song for you from Heize featuring Dean Shut Up and Groove and after that we gonna have a little chit chat with Haein-ssi so guys keep stay tune!”

……………………………………….

               “Ah.. time flied so fast guys and it’s already an hour we spent with Haein-ssi, do you guys enjoy it? I hope you guys enjoy it now before we end our broadcast for today how about we hear some words from Haein-ssi?”

                “Ah yes, thank you for inviting me here I had so much fun going here talking lots of stuff with Eunwoo-ssi and my next project duet song will be out around this month I hope you can show your support and give lots of love, thank you everyone, I love you!”

                “Woah such a nice and heartwarming, don’t forget to show lots of love to Haein-ssi when the song released guys! Stream! Stream! Stream! Okay that’s for today guys I’ll play Produce 101 famous song Pick Me, I’m your beagle ang! Jung Eunwoo! Good Night!”

                Pick Me was playing at the background and Eunwoo take off her head phone while sighs and Haein does the same thing like her.

                “Nice job unnie you nearly end my carrier here.”  She playfully says. Haein just laughs at her remarks.

                “Oh really? How come?”

                “You’re so good at your answer and nearly got me there, my my ~ my boss could replace me with you very soon unnie.” Eunwoo whines and Haein only shakes her head. Truth to be told actually Eunwoo had meet Haein before on some jam session on Hongdae before and get quite close to the older girl until the later get scouted with a company called SS Ent.

               “Okay, okay Eunwoo-yah no crying please you crybaby, but seriously don’t you want to join my company? I mean it, my boss would love you, you have a talent for that.” Eunwoo only laugh it off, Haein have been pestering here to come into her company for months and Eunwoo already reject here for time to times.

                “Nahh, I don’t think I will fit into idol training sytem unnie plus I already enjoy it here.” She smiled at her.

                “Okay then if you say so, but if you change your mind just call me okay?”

              “Okay, oh.. unnie, I think someone already waiting.” She point out her chin to the window behind Haein and there’s a girl giving them a smile and shyly waving her hand.

                “I guess that’s my clue to leave.”

                “Cute, now shoo shoo please say my greeting to Suhyun unnie, okay?”

                “Sure.”

 

                ……………………………….

                “I’m home.”

                Eunwoo just open her shared apartment door and close it again however when she turns around her heels she left gasping in shock her housemates was standing in front of her wearing something that screamed “I’m ready to hit the club.”

                “Oh, you already home? Great I don’t have to text you then.” She claps her hands and giving her a beaming smile. She was about to leave but Eunwoo blocks her.

                “Wait, where are you going? And with whom?” The later pouts and puffing some air.

                “Move out Eunwoo-yah, you’re blocking my way and to answer your question I’ll be going with Yebin and Minkyung unnie to-”

                “Jieqiong~ are you ready? Oh hi Eunwoo-yah! You’re home already!”

                Speaking of the devil, someone already joined their conversation and of course that means Eunwoo forgot to lock the door and this person barged in like nothing.

                “How many times I told you to knock the door first you idiot small bean!”Eunwoo groaned in annoyance.

                “Oops sorry, forgot about that and yes I’m short, problem with that? You’re not that tall either anyway.” The later shoots back and now Eunwoo having a staring battle contest with her.

                “Okay kids stop with the nonsense talk we have no time anyway,” another voice come in rescue and Eunwoo didn’t have to be told who the owner of the voice is. “We just come to pick Jieqiong to come with us, any problem with that Eunwoo?” Is none other than Kim Minkyung, her college senior and she is looking stunning as always, wearing a simple crop top and short shorts standing behind the one that Eunwoo was having starring contest with, Kang Yebin.

                “No, not at all.”

                “Great ! Now move, Jieqiong wants to have some fun with us.” Yebin takes Jieqiong’s hand and ready to drag her out but surprisingly Eunwoo stop them.

                “Wait, can I come with you too guys?” the other three were surprised with Eunwoo sudden request but Yebin quickly grinning from ear to ear.

                “Wow finally the great Jung Eunwoo wants to join us huh? Go get change then, we gonna wait for you here.”

                …………………………

                The blaring music and hard bass could be easily heard right now, sweaty bodies dancing wildly on the dance floor typical scene that you easily could found in any club out there. Eunwoo only sitting on the bar while drinking her liquor, she glances off her surrounding and she stops on one particular spot where Yebin, Jieqiong and Minkyung have been dance earlier. She is not in the mood to dance right now and couple minutes later Minkyung slid herself to sitting next to her leaving the other two on the dance floor.

                “You two totally club addict and you tried rub it off on Jieqiong right now. Did Kyungwon unnie know you always tag her younger sister along?” Minkyung only chuckles.

                “Protective so much huh? I bet my meals for week that just because Jieqiong is also here and-“ Eunwoo was about to protest but Minkyung raise her hand to stop her “- you will say that ‘I’m here just because I don’t trust any of you two and I don’t want to deal with hangover Jieqiong in the morning because she is terrible’ while the fact is ‘ I don’t want anything bad happened to Jieqiong she’s so precious to be tainted off.’ Right? And to answer your question sometimes yes and sometimes no, Kyungwon isn’t a fan off this but Yebin is, so why not tagging along the younger Kang?” Minkyung ended that with smirk and Eunwoo scoffs.

                “Hah! You wish unnie, eww you gross”

                “Ohh come on Jung Eunwoo anyone with eyes could see that you are having this so called crush over her. Step up your game girl!” She gives her back a pat. “I’m not gross, I was just having fun is not like I’m cheating from her either.”

                Jieqiong is Eunwoo’s second roommates after her cousin Park Siyeon decide move out and get another room with Seungyeon next door. Jieqiong is a transfer student from Shanghai and being the kind girl she was or eunwoo needs someone to live with her and pay the room together, she offered Jieqiong to live there with her and of course Jieqiong accept that right way. Jieqiong was just as hyper and bubbly as Eunwoo could be but they sometimes ended up being like cat and dog in their shared apartment, however Eunwoo found herself having a soft spot for the later.

                “Kyungwon unnie is a saint for putting up with you these past years. I’d rather see her with that underclassmen part timer barista on the café near our college than you.” Minkyung laughs,

                “Admitting your defeat now?” –but suddenly stop when she caught Eunwoo’s last word. “Pardon? What barista?”

                “Not even a million chance in your dream unnie.” She stuck out her tongue and makes a teasing face “Oh, you don’t know it? Kyungwon unnie often to go into that café these days, no wonder the barista is so cute and always smiling brightly. What’s her name again? Yewon.. oh yeah! Kim Yewon.”

                “Sure, deny that all you want. Wait, Kim what? Kim Yewon?” Eunwoo nodes and playfully wiggles her eyebrows.

                “Jealous huh?” She smirked but Minkyung only rolls her eyes.

           “She’s my sister you punk, she is in the same batch as Seungyeon and Siyeon.”

             “EH?! She what? You have a sister? Damn I thought this gonna work.” Eunwoo mumbles the last words and slumping back in hear seat sulking.

                "Kyungwon just probably needs her daily caffeine since her professor being too picky with her class’s works these days so yeah no wonder and for your information too, Kyungwon already meet Yewon long times ago even before you see Yewon on the café and yeah to be honest she likes to doting on her too much when she paid a visit.”

                “You guys were like having this square relationship.”

                “Eww please no.”

           Jieqiong and Yebin show up right after they finished their conversation earlier.

                “Why aren’t you joining us on the dance floor? It was fun, right? Yebin?” Jieqiong ask Eunwoo with slightly pout.

                “She’s too old for that.” Yebin laughs

            “Oh please we are all in born in the same year except Minkyung unnie here.” Eunwoo deadpanned that and Yebin only stuck her tongue. Jieqiong didn’t have to deal with them, and she just let those two bickering like always. She glanced up at Minkyung and Minkyung looking back at her with questioning look.

                “Unnie, Yebin said there is more fun upstairs, is that true? It’s my first time coming here.” Minkyung found herself grinning after hear the younger girl’s question.

                “Yebin told you like that? Sure, she is not lying about that.”

                ………………………………..

                “I’ll say it two times for tonight that Kyungwon unnie is a saint for putting up with you these past years. “ Eunwoo grumbled when they reach upstairs. “What the fun is this?! Is she even know that her girlfriend and her sister going out here too? You guys are doomed when she found out!”

                “Loosen up will ya? You know why we only have one mouth and two ears? That means to speak less and also that means my sister doesn’t have to know and you better shut up!” Yebin glares at her.

                Minkyung only chuckles and decides to stand between the two girls before they crawl each other face while Jieqiong only looking around studying the places. It’s not that dim like in the club before in fact it was complete opposite sure still there’s a bar to serve some drink there but she can tell that what place is this. Chips, money on the table, cards, frustrated people, excited people or to be exact gamblers, dealers she saw that all and there’s none other place that serve this kind of atmosphere other than-

                “-this is freaking casino you ! Don’t tell me you spent your sister’s money here too!” Seems like Eunwoo wasn’t even done with her argument with Yebin and Minkyung have to separate them.

                “Ohh please miss radio dj is not like you are the one who making money here. I have my own money too.”

                “Kids let’s stop this, we are here to have some fun and not crawling each other face.” Minkyung scoffs at them. She feels someone poking her biceps from the side and she found Jieqiong smiling at her.

                “Why don’t we try to play some then?” Eunwoo gasp in shock while Yebin grins winningly and Minkyung laughs hearing that.

                “Sure, anything for Shanghai princess.”

                …………………………

                They ended up in the table where there are five gamblers there; three men named Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Bumjoo, a woman named Chanmi and the last is Eunwoo, yes Eunwoo. Play in Jieqiong dictionary means tagging Eunwoo along and even Eunwoo won’t admit that she couldn’t say no when Jieqiong start using her puppy eyes on her. Actually Eunwoo still not really sure to join the game, sure she has some money with her since her salary just come out today but really gambling wasn’t her thing and to make it worse suddenly before the game start the casino dealer on her table was changing it was a tall handsome man with tag name “Gong Chan Sik” before but now it was replaced by a woman with a tall appearance as well wearing the same suit like the guys earlier with cold and something that Eunwoo would say a stone expression on her.

                The recent casino dealer glancing over the gamblers on the table “as usual” she thought until she was looking at Eunwoo, her eyebrows frowned “oh someone new? Interesting.” She glances up again until she saw Minkyung and Yebin. She mentally shakes her head, she have known Minkyung and Yebin cause they are often to go there since three months ago, the duo not always gambling there but sometimes only pay a visit to her when they already bored on the club and Judging by the “new face” on table seat in front of them she can tell that the girl is their friend. She found her lips tugging forward for a bit when she glances to another side of Minkyung, a girl with long jet black hair standing beside her, looking back with curious eyes. Beautiful she thought, however she must be professional right now, it can wait or at least she thought like that.

                 Eunwoo glancing back at her friends and they are all smiling teasingly at her except Jieqiong. She looking at the casino dealer earlier with some expression that Eunwoo couldn’t explain either. Eunwoo didn’t even listening when the casino dealer ask them to place the bet until Minkyung nudges her.

                “Miss are you going to join or not? If you hesitate feel free to leave the table as well if you’re scared to lose.”

                “Pardon?”

                “I said, you still want to join or not? Others are waiting for you? We don’t want any commotion in this game later aren’t we? Also we don’t need a chicken in our table.” The casino dealer asks her again and the other gamblers are laughing over her. Why does everyone like to get in her nerve tonight even this casino dealer that she just meet few minutes ago? Eunwoo wasn’t even thinking anymore and she places her bet there.

              “I’m in! And for your information I’m not a chicken!....” She is searching for the dealer’s name tag “…… Im Nayoung.” 

                “Oh sure, please to see you joining the game miss. May we start now?”

                “Of course and I will win this.”

                “Let’s see that later Miss.”

 

                What I got myself into this time