Present Time

Between Us

              Well, guys you see? i'm just an ameteur writer so yeah i'm sorry for the errors and typos later T^T... however i do feel motivated whenever someone leave their comments or thought :) English is not my first language and I'm sorry T^T ..Please enjoy my tinny story.


 

                Sunday, 07:00 am
                Los Angeles International Airport

                It’s a sunny day where there are lots of people on the airport sending or picking their families, relatives or even lovers there, crowded as always but it wasn’t like airport ever get to be that silent too. Here, there are three girls waiting for their flight after some minutes of delaying. The youngest of the three was actually only send them inside because her mother said she can’t bear to see her lovely cousin take off so she was waiting on the airport parking lot and let her daughter send the duo inside before bid a goodbye later.

              “So, this is it?” the youngest of the three asked the tallest while her eyes roaming around the airport.

              “Yeah,.. it is.” The tallest girl offered a small smile to her from her usual straight face. She’s not a fan of affection or the one that easily convey her emotion but living together with the older girl for almost two years already makes her understand that it was the older nature.

              “I see, thanks for coming and stay here for two years unnie.” She nods in affirmation and smiled back at her.

              “I should be the one who said thanks to you, thanks for welcoming us here, I mean me and that brat over there.” Hearing the tallest addressing her like that the former girl who’s just standing behind her glared at her and grumpily snaps back.

             “I hear that Im!!!”

             “Don’t mind her.” The one who called Im just brushed that off easily and the youngest of the three chuckled seeing them. Im Nayoung and Ki Heehyun have been moved and stay together on California for these past two years and also live for quite times on Massie’s house. Sometimes Kyla wonder how can these two get along together like her cousin Im Nayoung is a walking stone with so minimalist expression while Ki Heehyun is a blunt sarcastic cool unnie, but nevertheless she loves them both because sometimes it’s also entertain her how these two older girls are bickering, even mostly just because Heehyun exaggerating it.

              ”You’ve grown so fast these past two years Kyla and-” Nayoung looking tenderly at the younger girl ruffling her hair, however Heehyun decide to butted in and ruin the siblings moment.

              “ –and okay, that’s enough Im. I’m getting a goose bump listening to your melodrama speech right now. We’re not going into army and never comeback or what, we just gonna fly to another country for pete’s sake Im, you still can call her later.” Nayoung fight an urge to not rolling her eyes and scoffs from her so called friend behavior since she have known her from high school and Kyla just giggles at the two, see it’s entertaining right?

              “I’ll miss you.”She hugs Nayoung and the later hug her back and pats her back with Heehyun snickers as their background theme.

              “I’ll miss you too.” Nayoung replies her back.

              “What about me? I’m technically your teacher of rap-“

              “Of course I’ll miss you too seonsaengnim.” She cuts Heehyun’s nonsense rant and gives her beaming smile, even Heehyun sounds like hate all this kind of sweet things she sure does have some soft spots for the younger.

              “Aww, ok come here kid give your seonsaengnim hug.”

                …………..

              After their goodbye hug and some chitchat they’re about to take their leave until Kyla called them again.

             “Oh, unnies.”

             “Yes?” They turn their heels to see the youngest and Nayoung answer her first.

             “I forgot to tell you, I’ll coming to Seoul after graduation, dad finally let me go there alone.”

             “Really?” Nayoung smiles in excitement; there’s some times that you can find the stone smiling like this n this one is no exception when she found out her cousin gonna be there on her homeland.

            “Cool! I’ll show you lots of fun place there and we can have fun together kid!” However seems like Nayoung isn’t the only one who feel the excitement.

           “Heehyun.” Nayoung glares at her and said it with stern tone of her. Fun in Heehyun dictionary is just something that in Nayoung taste would be inappropriate to her lovely younger cousin who just gonna be graduate from her high school soon.

           “Mind you Im, please remind me what was your job before.” Heehyun snorted at her and Kyla just shakes her head seeing those older girls never ending argument and decide to break the ice.

           “I’ll tell you if I’m really going there, so what were that again? Where are you going now?”

           “Sure, just call us and yeah.. we’re going to -”

                ………………………….

                They already sit on their respective seat on the plane after hugging the youngest for the last time and bid a goodbye. Nayoung check her phone and it was just left ten minutes before their take off. She switch her phone to airplane mode and put it back on her pocket. Meanwhile Heehyun already put her earphone and lazily scroll her iPad looking for some songs to accompany her in this flight later. Nayong only lets out a sigh and tried to relax her muscle until Heehyun start the conversation without even glance at her.

                “It’s been two years.”   

                “Yeah it is.”

                “And nice to see you again Im and Heehyun.”

                A sudden familiar female voice makes them turn their heads to the side to found beautiful yet lady like stewardess with dimple smiled at them.

               “Kim!” They exclaimed at the same time.

               “It’s been awhile, nice to see you again Kim.” Im Nayoung greets her with smile and she smiled back. Kim Nayoung the stewardess earlier was just one of their bunches of their what Im Nayoung would like to call weird friend circle from their high school before. They have this slightly different name by just single letter and sometimes this frustrating Kim the most since people by calling Nayoung but were like “Sorry I mean Im Nayoung.” And vice versa. However this sort of different yet frustrating thing was something that brought these two together on their friend circle including Heehyun too.   

             “Yeah nice to see you again guys, it’s been two years since last time I met you in your flight to Cali and that idiot over there only called me when she needs something.” She pointed out and scoffs at Heehyun.

            “You what?“ Im frowns and looking at Heehyun but the later have this proud smile plastered on her face like she was doing something great.

            “Be thankful to me Im, because my awful brain and this beautiful stewardess we can get the first class again just like the old times.”

           “Not so loud, I’m working right now. We can talk later when I’m done and please enjoy your flight to Shanghai.”Kim rolled eyes before leaving the duo to get back to work being the good stewardess she is.

           “Shanghai ….to Shanghai.” Nayoung mumbled the last sentence.. yeah they gonna be on Shanghai in no time.

          “Tell me Im, did you actually have planned this?” Heehyun propped her chin and looking at Nayoung searching for the answer and the later seems has something on her mind because her lips tugged forward into smile that Heehyun know she is up to something.

          “Nope.. but I’m excited to see how would this thing turned out to be.”

          “Then, let’s see.”  Heehyun smirked at the answer.

 

 

This gonna be interesting….