Before The Past pt.2

Between Us

Author's Note : Hello! It's been awhile since i'm writing something or more like I'm touching this fict. I'd like to apologize for the lateness of the update mainly because some reasons, school, life, and others. It'll near to the end probably two or three chapters to go before the end. Thanks for the subscribe and i hope you guys didn't mind to leave some comments later :)

Happy reading!

-mondchan-

warning :  English isn't my first language and this is without proof reading and i'm sorry fo the errors later.


 

 

“Hey, how are you? Today it’s a good day and I brought you roses now. Hope you like it.”

                Nayoung crouches down and place the roses on her hand to the tomb in front of her. She smiled tenderly while looking at it. Nayoung always coming here, to the cemetery or to be more specific to Siwon’s grave. She comes almost every week or at least three times in a month and she never missed that, not even once since Siwon gone. She’ll come and brought some flowers, talk alone, telling her worry and else like she actually used to talk with Siwon before.

                “You know, I feel like you’ll pinch me, glare me or even smack me hard if you hear this. Five days ago, I talked to Heehyun that we want to run away. Stupid right? And-“

                “And I see you still coming here, Nayoung.” Nayoung ears perks up when she heard that voice. She never forget that voice even after years and who’s the owner of that voice, the woman that shared the same bloodline with Siwon.  Nayoung turn her heels and she found the owner of the voice standing in front of her, looking at her with her usual calm demeanor like the first time Nayoung met her.

                “Sira-ssi.”

                “It’s been a long time Nayoung, how have you been?”

                “I-I’m .. I’m good, mm.. I’m sorry I’ll take my leave now.” Nayoung politely bowed down at Sira and was about to walk away from there, she still remember what Sira told her on the Siwon’s funeral day, “I don’t want to see your face anymore, get lost from here and don’t ever try to comeback!” however when Nayoung passed by her, she heard Sira’s chuckle.

                “Where do you think you’re going Im Nayoung?”-Nayoung stopped in her track and slowly turn around to look at the older girl.

                “Eh?”

                “A minute, please?”

 

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

 

                “Siwon, she always talk about you.” Sira began it and Nayoung only standing next her listening to her monologue,

“She loves to share her stories to me whenever she back at home. The first time I heard about you was when you helped her on her dance evaluation. Honestly, i feel grateful someone has helped her there. She always insecure and called me on the late night just to pour out her heart and cry whenever she feels something getting hard. She was such a baby.” Sira ended that with chuckle.

“and then more days passed she starts to talk a lot about you, Nayoung unnie this- Nayoung unnie that- I didn’t think anything and only smiled at her antics, Siwon never been looks so happy since our parents passed away but when she talks about you her eyes sparkling and happiness radiates from her. I’d lie if I’m not curious about you, who’s this person who made my sister that happy? And it took me by surprise when she come out to me telling me that you both have been dating for a while and she wants me to come into your graduation day. Like what I said to you years ago, I’m surprised but her happiness are more matters to me so I meet you that day. After I met you, I understand why she choose you at the first place. Do you remember the first time you come into our home?”

Sira swift her gaze to Nayoung and the later only let a small nod.

“I remember that.”

“You know, she keeps pestering me and whines asking me to buy this and that, your favorite dish and else. You should see her face that day she was really cute even a bit annoying.”

Nayoung unconsciously smiled. She always remember how Siwon would whines and start acting like a kid.

“You smile.” Sira let a chuckle “Siwon was right, you’re pretty when you’re smiling.”

“A-ah.. Thank you. She said that too.” Nayoung awkwardly replies her and sheepishly smile at her. Sira smiled back at her and looking back into the Siwon’s grave.

“The more I know you, the more I accept you and also trust you until-…. Until that unfortunately happened.” Nayoung only can lower her gaze again, she knows Sira will bring up that again sooner or later.

“I’m sorry.. It was my fault, I couldn’t protect her.”

“No, don’t say that… I know you’re sorry Nayoung but I’m the one who should say sorry to you. I- I shouldn’t yelled at you that time, spat all of my anger and blame it all on you. You love her and I know you’ll never let anything bad happened to her but- but it’s all happened and it’s not your fault either. We never know either how could that man ruthlessly shot her, take his revenge on her when it was all his fault from the start. He lost on his gamblers it wasn’t your fault either.”

 

Sira’s voices start to quiver and Nayoung slightly looking at her side, she can sees Sira already balled her fist to hold her anger, her eyes was so dull and sad. Siwon is her sister and she could understand that, after all she was a mess too. If only Heehyun and Kim Nayoung didn’t stay by her side all these times she probably already end her life (because she has been thinking about that too once or twice) and being more pathetic that time, she can’t imagine how Sira could overcome this.. or maybe she haven’t done with that at all…

 

  “My anger took the best on me and my irrational mind took everything to blame on you. I just can’t help myself. I love her, she is my sister, the only thing I have after my parents passed away. So, losing her was-“

 

Sira couldn’t finished her words and left it hanging. Nayoung only could keep silent and let her take her time to compose herself.

 

“I know you keep coming here in almost every week on the same day and I know just how much you love her. You must be feel guilty when I blamed you that time. I shouldn’t have say that. I’m sorry .. Really I am.”

“It’s okay, I could understand that, you’re her sister. I’d be lying if it aren’t hurtful to hear your words before but I could really understand that. “

“Are we okay now? Siwon wouldn’t be like it if I didn’t make up with you didn’t she?”

Sira offer her a smile and Nayoung smiled back after she lets a chuckle.

“She’ll always find her way to make us okay, always.”

 

They’re both looking back again to her grave. Silent engulfing them but it wasn’t awkward or uncomfortable, it was just right and peaceful.

 

“Nayoung,”

“Yes?”

“Do you have someone by yourself now?”

“Mmm.. yeah.. I have..” Nayoung smiled, she have Jieqiong with her now and the thought about the younger girl only make her smiles. She tried to look up to Sira and the older girl gives her motherly yet understanding smile to her.

“I see, It’s okay, life keep going you should move on too.” Nayoung gives a small nod.

“Siwon, she will always gonna be my first, she always has that spot on my heart, no one can replace that even I love somebody else right now.”

 “I’m happy for you. Are you happy with her?”

“I am happy with her.”

“Then protect her, don’t let her go, you can’t lose someone that you love for the second time Nayoung.” Sira offers her a smile and Nayoung smiled back.

“I know.”

 

Suddenly they heard a honk from far and there’s a car parked not too far from them. They looked up and it was Sira’s husband waiting on his car, he lowered his window car and smiled at them.

 

“Looks like my time is up.” Sira said that with a smile, “It’s nice to meet you again Nayoung, we should catching up sometimes too, don’t you think so?”

“mm.. I think I’ll find a time for that.” Nayoung nods.

“Good, see you around then.”

“See you around.”

 

...........................................................

 

 

Sira and her husband already leave her and Nayoung was watching their car went away from the cemetery. Nayoung smiled and took her phone out from her pocket, unlocking the screen and start punching numbers that she already know by hearts. She waits for a while and on the fourth ring the person on the other line pick up her call.

Hello? Nayoung unnie.” Her tone is so cheery and Nayoung couldn’t hide her smile that start to curling up on her lips.

“Hey Jieqiong. Are you free tonight?”

Of course!! I’m free, what’s up?”

“How about we go out tonight, usual place? I’ll wait you there.”

Sure, but buy me latte?”

“Alright, anything for my princess.” Jieqiong laughs from the other line and Nayoung lets a chuckle hearing that.

Ok call! 10 pm?”

“That sounds good.”

Okayyy, see you tonight.. I love you!”

I love you too.” She quietly says that and hang up the call.

 

Nayoung clenched her phone and looking at the skies above, it’s a bit cloudy she hopes it’s not gonna rain because the wind suddenly blow and it giving her a chill feels now. She slowly close her eyes and take a deep breath.

 

“Siwon, if you hear this.. please forgive me.. I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you that day and now.. I don’t think I could do the same to Jieqiong.. I’m scared … but I’ll try.. even it means--… I’m sorry.”

 

Tears spilled down on the first time from her cheeks. Nayoung feel another wind hit her body but she didn’t feel the cold .. She feels warm, like someone hugging her from behind. Maybe it’s her mind that playing a trick or maybe Siwon was there and she gave her assurance and warm embraces or maybe.. maybe no one knows… For now, the only one thing that cold is a metal revolver that resting behind Nayoung’s  coat.

 

“The time has come, it’s for the better.”

 

 

………………………………………….

 

 

 

Jieqiong was happy, Nayoung called her right when she was wondering about her. It's maybe sound cheesy or corny or whatever you want to call it but who wouldn’t be happy if your significant other called you? Ask you to meet them and even heartily agree to buy you your favorite drink? Jieqiong has been smiling widely in front of the mirror, silly grin plastered on her face while putting her makeup on.

 

‘ahh.. this is probably something called in love’ She thought and giggled. She has been teasing Kyungwon back then when she and Minkyung got together, how silly Kyungwon face, how giddy herself and how her true self start to come out as well. Now, Jieqiong experience it by herself and thinking about that time only make her flushed, now she understand it.

 

Jieqiong already done with her makeup and she was ready to meet Nayoung. However, when she was about to open the main door of her shared apartment with Eunwoo, the door opened by itself. There, standing her roommate who haven’t come back to their shared apartment for almost a week. Eyes red, limp leg, and her smells reek of alcohol. Jieqiong stopped on her track and scrunched her nose in disgust.

 

“Eun..woo…?” Her tone was unsure and latched with a bit of surprise with Eunwoo’s current state. Jieqiong was surprised, how come Eunwoo was coming home like this? The only time Eunwoo was coming home like this was after Yebin throw a party last semester but somehow the look on her face wasn’t like this.. Eunwoo who standing in front of her is purely.. a mess.. and she look broken and of course Jieqiong being the oblivious she is, couldn’t pin point why her best friend being like this.

 

Eunwoo squints her eyes and trying to adjust her eyesight despite the blurry image her vision could provide right now due her massive drinking earlier, she still could see Jieqiong standing in front of her, stunning in her simple make up and she was sure by the look of it Jieqiong was about to head somewhere.

 

“Jieqiong..” She muttered under her breath.

 

Eunwoo knew, she always knew and tonight is no different either. She knows where Jieqiong will be heading after she passed the door, she have known that enough and even she wants to lie to herself, telling that she didn’t know where Jieqiong will be going she just couldn’t do that.

 

“Where, where are you going?”

 

Eunwoo know it’s a stupid question but nevertheless she was still asking it. She was expecting that Jieqiong would lie again like the other day, telling her that she gonna meet Yebin or their other friends or probably telling the truth that she gonna meet Nayoung (which she hopes is not, because it’s no secret that Eunwoo still hates Nayoung with all her guts even if she knows there is something going on between them) Eunwoo gonna buy Jieqiong’s lie.. She didn’t mind, she already used with that even it’s still painful every single time Jieqiong lie to her. However, she didn’t expect Jieqiong to show her concern.

 

“Where have you been? Why are you like this?”

 

Don’t, please don’t asking me…

 

“Why would you care?” Eunwoo didn’t mean to snap at her but words has been slipped out and Jieqiong was taken aback.

 “Eunwoo, what are you talking about? Of course I care, I’m your bestfriend.”

 

Bestfriend huh?

 

Jieqiong try to reach her but Eunwoo beat her into it and holding her wrist even before Jieqiong could touch her.. She stare into Jieqong’s brown orbs. The eyes that making her falling over and over again, eyes that so warm and gentle, eyes that so worried for her… as a friend.. Eunwoo knows, and it hurts to know it even Jieqiong looking so worried over her, deeply care about her it’s none other than a friendly things between them hence, it’s not the same dripping-with-sugar-coated-honey eyes that Jieqiong gave to Nayoung on the first time they met on the casino.

 

“Are you going to meet Nayoung now?” Jieqiong was caught off guard, her eye balls shaking when she met Eunwoo’s eyes. She thought that she was hiding everything right, she knows how Eunwoo despise Nayoung and that’s why she rarely talk about Nayoung, never brought Nayoung into their shared apartment when Eunwoo was around, sneaked out and lie that she was meeting Yebin, Minkyung, Kyungwon or others.

 

“Yeah, I’m .. I’m going to meet her now.” Jieqiong let out a sigh, probably it’s the right time to tell Eunwoo the truth. Okay, maybe not like this when Eunwoo was drunk enough, but Jieqiong can’t hold it anymore she loves Nayoung and even Eunwoo hates Nayoung, she hopes that Eunwoo could understand that. Jieqiong was expecting Eunwoo to go on rampage but instead of that a long heavy sigh and dull eyes were there.

 

“Don’t..” Jieqiong frowned and tilted her head

“What?”

“Don’t go, please don’t go Jieqiong, stay…Don’t meet her.”

“Eunwoo? What are you talking about? You’re drunk, come on let me take you into your room.”

Jieqiong thought Euwnoo was probably too drunk and start talking nonsense, all she wanna do is meet Nayoung right now, but as a good friend she’ll take care of Eunwoo first. Nayoung is  very understanding person and Jieqiong know it well, making her waiting for a bit isn’t gonna be a big deal much more the reason is valid enough ‘taking care of my bestfriend drunk ’. 

Jieqiong was about to hold Eunwoo’s shoulder with her left hand but Eunwoo sway her hand away and tighten her grips on Jieqiong’s right wrist.

“I’m not drunk, and I’m completely aware of what I’m saying right now. Listen to me, don’t meet her Jieqiong, stay, and please don’t go.” Eunwoo beg her with tears threaten to spill from the corner of her eyes.

“Eunwoo, please don’t be difficult, I know we haven’t meet each other for almost a week and we’re busy with our life, I know you miss me and I miss you too but please not now, Nayoung unnie is waiting for me and let’s talk again tomorrow morning, let’s catch up our times, I promise.” Jieqiong tried to persuade her with patience and Eunwoo chuckled bitterly.

“Nayoung huh? What so special about her? What did she have that I don’t have?”

“Alright, you’re really drunk now.” Jieqiong tried to drag her once again but Eunwoo refused harshly.

“I told you! Jieqiong please listen to me! Don’t, please don’t meet her! Can’t you see? She is bad for you!” Eunwoo couldn’t hold it anymore and she cried, she cried there, pouring out her pent up emotion too Jieqiong.

Jieqiong was being frustrated as well, Eunwoo being stubborn and she didn’t want to make Nayoung waiting too long for her. So, with her last patience she tried to be calm and talk.

“Look, Eunwoo listen-“

“No Jieqiong, You’re listen to me!”

And Jieqiong lose it,she can’t hold anymore she yanks her hand away from Eunwoo and yelled back at her.

“Really Eunwoo? What’s gotten into you? You aren’t even here for almost a damn week and now you’re trying to mom me?  I’m a grown up woman and I know what’s good and not for me!”

With that, Jieqiong furiously walk away and bumps her shoulder with Eunwoo before she slammed the door and gone from there.

“Why Jieqiong.. why?!”

Eunwoo  screamed and cry even harder.

 

……………………………………………………

 

“Stupid Jung Eunwoo.” Jieqiong mumbled and sipping her latte while resting her back on Nayoung’s chest.

“Hmm?”

“Eunwoo..”

“What’s wrong with her?” Nayoung kissed her right cheek softly and it didn’t failed to make Jieqiong blushed but she tried to play it cool. Jieqiong would lie if everything that Nayoung does to her never fail to make her feel butterfly on her stomach like now when it’s only the two of them near the river under the starry night and she sits in between Nayoungs leg and Nayoung backhugging her from behind. Nayoung has been exceptionally affectionate for past half an hour and it’s strange for Jieqiong since the older girl isn’t usually like this, however Jieqiong tried to shakes that thought from her head away, she didn’t need to think another thing or make up any other unnecessary when she still have another problem to deal with in the form of Jung Eunwoo.

“I don’t know either, she just went back after almost gone without a trace for almost a week , she was heavily drunk and she suddenly she said I shouldn’t meet you and we went into argument like that. Honestly, I do feel bad for yelling at her but she was being nonsense talking bad about you, I don’t like that.” Jieqiong sigh and sipping her latte again. Nayoung only lets a hum in respon while resting her chin on Jieqiong’s shoulder.

“What did she say about me?”

“You’re bad for me. I don’t get what she was saying, she just probably drunk.” Jieqiong sips her latte again, she likes the taste of it but strangely, the more she sips the more her eyes flutter to close and she start to feel sleepy than it should be.

Nayoung turned Jieqiong to face her and she carress her face before she leans in captures the younger girl lips in a soft kiss. Of course, Jieqiong would kissing her back even in her daze.

“How if I’m actually really bad for you, Jieqiong?” She said in between the kisses the shared.

Jieqiong want to respond back but she feel light and dizzy and somthing she cannot register on her mind right now. Nayoung pulled back and stared right into her eyes. Jieqiong couldn’t decipher that stare, it’s cold, sad, hopeless yet loving. Her body betray her, next time she knows everything already pitch black and she fallen unconcious.

               

......................................................

 

It was almost 4 in the morning when Eunwoo bare her eyes open after she cried into her sleep and the reason why she is up this early is no other than annoying ringtone comming from her own phone on the nightstand. She grunted with her eyes still half closed because she was stilll sleepy and ready to curse whoever dare to call her at this ungodly hour.

                “Yah! who the hell-“

               

Eunwoo was about to curse but when she heard all to familiar voice coming with a broken whimper her eyes are bleary open now.

               

                “Eun...Eunwoo..”

                “Jie, Jieqiong what happend?”

 

She was already panic and million worst scene already playing on her head when she heard another sound from afar something like a person preparing a gun like what she has been watching on the movie.

 

“Jieqiong! Jieqiong answer me, where are you??! Don’t scare me Jieqiong!!”

 

She already went frantic and she heard another sobs coming from the Chinese girl

 

“Eunwoo.. Help.. Help Me...”

“Jieqiong! Jieqiong!!”

Okay that’s enough”

 

She heard another voice and the line was cut off. Eunwoo couldn’t get more panic than now. Her phone beeping again and it’s a text from Jieqiong, however when she open that text her face become pale and her sould was drained.

               

                From : Juju

                Come alone to XXXXXXXXX don’t call cops, just come alone.We have some unfinished business to settle down aren’t we? I give you 30 minutes to come or I’ll blown her pretty little head. The choice is yours Jung Eunwoo.