Before The Past pt. 1.5

Between Us

Author's note : Hello guys it's 00:49 here and i'm out on the cafe not knowing what to do and i'm stucked up reading for finals at 10 am later and I've been thinking for a while so i decide to post this up, I know i asked you guys to cut it or not because it's already reach more than 10k words but here i decide to post it and left some parts of it because i don't know where should i cut it also i still working that out and hopefully i can done it by this week, i'm sorry for these nuinsence that i made guys but hopefully you guys would understand it. Like always, it'd be nice if you guys leave some comments regarding this chapter :)

Happy reading and enjoy! 

 

-mondchan-


    Previously on Before the Past pt. 1

Siwon was about to get up but Nayoung hold her hand. She turned around and gives her quizzical look. Nayoung, despite there’s a plaster on her the corner of her lips, bruised cheek and her a bit wreck face gives her loving smile and warm gaze.

                “Thank you, I love you.”

                “I love you too unnie.” She smiled back.

                “Oh Siwon.”

                “Yes?”

                “Would you like to come into Insun’s unnie restaurant next week? Kim Nayoung just back from her busy flight and she would love you to come too, she said she has something to give you from her trip.”

                “Sure, I’d love to come. As long as you come along with me.”

                “I’ll wait for you there.”

                “As expected from you. Okay then just waits for me there.”

 

      ………………………………………………………..

Before the Past pt.1.5      

           Meanwhile........

                “You found it?”

                “Yeah, she lives in the small rooftop house.”

                “I see. Any other?”

                “There is a girl who often goes there.”

                “Ahh… perfect.”

                ……………………………

                “Calm down your Heehyun!” Nayoung spits out and Heehyun glares at her with food full on .

                “Way to go Im, wow you’re just working there for some months and look those words coming out from your mouth.” Heehyun shoots back. “Guess Siwon must be blind to see that.”

                “Ugh shut up! You’re just being pissy because Chaeyeon isn’t here today and out of seven days on a week we choose this day. Admit that!” Im Nayoung argues back at her while pointing her chopsticks at her.

                “You guys are always giving me headache, you know that?” Kim Nayoung rubs her temples in annoyance. This is her first time back since her busy flight here and there and these two idiots in front of here don’t seem to appreciate this moment of her return to her homeland.

                “I can’t say sorry when this stone-faced human over here making this fuss first.”

                “Oh really? Who is wriggling on her seat every minute and looking around like predators looking for a prey huh?” Im Nayoung shoots back again, still glaring at Heehyun-

                “Guys... Seriously I’m just missing for three months and you guys have been up for this, you losers have no life at all.”-and Kim ends up scoffing at them.

                “Say that when you already fix your thing with that academy teacher, who is her name again? Oh right, Kim Sejeong? Isn’t it?” However Heehyun doesn’t want to be the one to blame and it’s not Heehyun if she doesn’t get to slander her friend in the moment like this. Kim Nayoung is taken aback and Im Nayoung nudges her on the ribs after realizing what Heehyun said just now. The table really gets silent after that.

                “You jerk, do you really have to mention that part? You don’t have any respect to Naong at all, it’s only been two months or less you dimwit.” Im whispers harshly at Heehyun hoping that the other Nayoung won’t hear what she says. However, Kim Nayoung hears it all and she just brushes it off­­­-or more like tries to brush it off by offering them a chuckle from her lips and smile that makes her dimple visible to them.

                “It’s okay Nayoung-ah, Heehyun was right. I’m not the one to talk anyway.”

                “But-“ Im tried to protest but the other Nayoung holds her hands up signaling her to keep silent.

                “I can’t always be here for her and I can’t bear to see her sad nor missing me, not knowing when will I show up or if I come back alive or not. Guilt is eating me up and I think this is the best for us. Chungha could take care of her, be there for her and maybe love her more than I do. It’s better to let her go.”

                “What a stupid conclusion, you’re just giving up on her like that?” Heehyun raising her eyebrows.

                “I hope I’m not gonna be the one who sit back and relax with popcorn in my hand while seeing you bawling out your eyes if you’re in my shoes later Ki Heehyun.” Kim Nayoung replies her with a smirk.

                “Ohh trust me you won’t.”

                “Sure, let’s see that soon? You are not even an item with Chaeyeon, right?”

                “I-“ Heehyun is left tongue tied. What Kim Nayoung said was right, they aren’t even an item yet and Heehyun herself isn’t sure when she will go after the younger girl. She doesn’t have the confidence yet, sure the three of them already have their job. Kim Nayoung as stewardess, Im Nayoung as part time dance teacher assistant and casino dealer while her? She thinks that she is the one who is unstable at the time. She is just like Im Nayoung, part time dance teacher assistant and now also a new rapper who still tries to hustle on underground scene without making lots of money. Is Chaeyeon gonna be fine with her? Is she… Especially when there is another girl that keep coming to Chaeyeon with guitar on her back, will Chaeyeon-

                “You can keep whatever you want to say later Heehyun-ah.” Kim Nayoung chuckles and digs on her remaining foods. “Anyway Im, why don’t we go to your house? You know we can order chicken and beers or cokes after this.” She smiles at the later.

                “But you said you want to meet Siwon here before, she is already on her way here, oh..” Im’s phone is beeping with familiar kakao talk’s ringtone. She quickly opens that and it’s none other than Siwon “Well she said she’ll be here around  minutes, she’s already near.”

                “See? Let’s just go to your house! I believe we’re gonna give Insun unnie headeache too since we keep making some fuss-“

                “Yeah you three are totally noisy, I’m glad that only you three are here and not a lot of people comes around this hour or I have to one by one say sorry to them.” Insun butts in from the counter and the trio laughs.

                “Guess that’s really our cue to leave now.” Heehyun chuckles. “Thanks for the meals unnie!” Insun only waves her hands back at them and gives an okay sign.

                “Tell her that we’re gonna meet her outside okay?” Kim smiles at Im. Im sighs but she does what other Nayoung says before.

                “Alright.”

                .......................

Siwon is on her way to the restaurant until she receives a kakao talk’s notification and it’s none other than Nayoung telling her they’re already done eating there and the other Nayoung wants to go to her rooftop house.

“Way to ruin the moment Naong unnie.” She pouts as she read that and sighs while keeps walking ahead to restaurant. Little does she know someone has been tailing her from behind and she doesn’t even realize it.

............................

                The trio is coming out from the restaurant’s door and Im Nayoung’s lips curl up into a smile when she spots her lover walking ahead them and waving her hands in a lovely manner. With steady steps forward, Siwon starts to jog and plans to crush Nayoung in a bone crush-hug and seems like the older girl already sees her intention because she already spreads her arms, waiting for her while Heehyun snickers behind her.

                Kim Nayoung finds the scene in front of her somewhat cute and a bit puke-worthy as well, it reminds her how Sejeong waited for her at the airport when she went back from her first flight as stewardess, she also remembers how her senior, Hana, after that and Mimi snickered behind her like what Heehyun did right now. She chuckled bitterly …. But something catches her eyes, being the observant one between the three, she sees something odd there and that’s when she realizes something isn’t right. There’s a man behind Siwon and he pulls something behind his jacket and he points it at Siwon. She widens her eyes when she realizes that. She is about to yell … however in a split of second…

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bang!

A gunshot sounds ringing through the air…..

 

 

 

 

 

“SIWON!!!”

“NOOO!!”

 

 

 

 

Im Nayoung sees that right in front of her eyes… and right when she realizes it, Siwon has already fallen into her arms. Her mind goes blank out of sudden. Siwon looks up with a stupid smile on her lips.

“I make it here unnie.” She coughs … and it is blood… “Right?” Her hands tremble holding her. She can’t think straight at the moment who dares to do this. She looks up and she knows that face that man. it is the man who got into a fight with her. The one who punched her at the casino before the man blamed her for his lose. Anger builds up in her in a split of second but her body can’t do anything. She is torn between leaving the younger girl in her arms or just straightly chasing the guy and beating him to death. However Heehyun is doing the job for her, she quickly reacts after blasting a curse from her lips.

It is chaotic. She doesn’t know what to do, Siwon keeps coughing blood and she is pale at the moment while blood keeps trickling from her back. Nayoung can also feel that flowing on her hands that are holding Siwon’s waist. She tries to speak again but Nayoung is still in panic and starts to blabber.

                “Unnie..”

“Don’t.. plesase don’t say anything.. “ She starts to sob without her knowing “No.. I’m sorry.. please.. Siwon.”

               

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ambulance’s siren……

                Kim has already called the ambulance while Heehyun is dealing with the guy and the scene in front of her makes her heart swell as well. Im Nayoung can be the one who rarely shows her emotion between them whatever the occasion is, like even when she is upset or hurt but now she is bawling up her eyes while holding Siwon’s palm, interlacing their fingers together.

“Don’t cry..” Siwon wipes her tears “Leader-nim unnie said she will not cry..” She smiles weakly.

“Don’t say anything… please .. stop..” Im pleads, still sobbing..

They finally reach the hospital, running into emergency room while Im keeps holding Siwon’s hand and chanting “you’ll be okay” over and over. Kim only can watch them and she catches it when Siwon weakly shakes her head at her lover while giving her a sincere smile. She hates to believe it but she can see that in her eyes, Siwon …  she doesn’t have any time left….

“Unnie,thank you.”

“No! No! Stay with me!” Im frantically yells, denying it. As much as she doesn’t want to believe it, she knows it well whenever someone starts saying things like that in the time like this. Siwon’s palms have been covered with bloods ever since Nayoung held her hands before. It is her own blood and she knows from where it’s coming… She can feel that and it hurts but it hurts more to see the older girl bawling out her eyes in panic and worry. She tries to take her hands from Nayoung’s hold and reaches out her fingers to touch Nayoung’s face. Nayoung sees that and she already understands what she wants, she gets closer to her and Siwon smiles. Siwon knows it, and she will try to take whatever she can take with her as her last memory and engraves it in before the time is coming up. She traces Nayoung’s face, trying to memorize it and it’s now covered with a bit blood from her... She chuckles, everything seems coming back right now. Every piece memory she has with Nayoung, how she met her, how nayoung asked her out, how their first argument was, how Nayoung met Sira and others, she tries to recall everything, what her happiest memory is. When her fingers reach Nayoung’s lips, she knows it. She knows what that is, what her happiest memory is…

                “Unnie, you should smile…”

 

                That is the last thing Nayoung hears before Siwon disappears into the room with doctors and nurses with her.

 

                ………………………………………..

                Heehyun finally reaches the hospital after dealing with the guy and almost beats him to death on the street and also crushes his head on the table at the police station. She may not know who the heck he is but no one can mess around with her friends, like NO ONE. She is in a wrecked state and her knuckles are covered in blood, her lips bleeding and her shirt is covered with bloods Of course everyone who sees her in the hospital gives her a look but she doesn’t even care and walk straight to the receptionist, asking where the emergency room is. However, when she reaches there, that’s not how she expects things turn out to be. She sees the doctor shake his head and Im immediately sinks into the floor. The doctor leaves them and she takes steps forward.

                “What happened-“ When she is about to reach them and says a word or even tries to hold Im, Kim prevents her and holds her there. There, for the first time in her life knowing her, she sees her trembling, cracking sobs while mumbling incoherent words.

                “n..no.. this can’t be… you said .. you said you want to move in with me… you said we’ll be together.. you said you love me.. “

                “Im-“ Heehyun is about to say something but Kim shakes her head and mutters don’t  to her.

                “It’s my fault.. I shouldn’t have been there.. It’s my fault… It’s all my fault.. I’m sorry.. I’m sorry .. It should be me.. Siwon.. SIWOOOONNNNN!!!!” She screams her name and cries harder than before. Kim doesn’t need to tell her and answers her question before. It’s obvious… Im Nayoung is a broken and crying mess, shaking and trembling on the floor. She doesn’t need to pin point everything because it only means one thing...… Siwon is gone… forever…..

                ………………………………………………………….

               

                Slaps….

                Nayoung feels a hard sting on her left cheek. Heehyun widens her eyes and is about to go on rage but Kim is holding her like before.

                It is Siwon’s funeral day and the triplets are coming to the graveyard as well. However, when Sira sees them, her anger suddenly rises up much more when she sees Im Nayoung. Im Nayoung that she trusts Siwon to, Im Nayoung who said she loves her sister, Im Nayoung that promised her to take care of her sister and also the same Im Nayoung who led her sister to death. She waits until lots of people gone and it’s only the six of them; Sira, her husband, Sua, and the triplets and when they are finally alone, she releases all of her anger towards the younger girl there.

                “You still have a nerve to come here huh?! You surely have no shame at all!” Sira spits on her face and her voice is laced with hatred and anger after slapping her face. Her eyes are red and swollen and her calm demeanor is nowhere to be seen.

                “Unnie..” Sua is standing by her side, trying to hold her but to no avail when Sira is already like this. Her gaze is sharp and piercing into Nayoung’s soul.

                “I should’ve known this from the start, look what you have done to her! LOOK AT THIS!” Her voice is like a venom and she doesn’t stop there “I trust you Im Nayoung, I trusted you! But look what you’ve done! Siwon didn’t deserve this! Siwon didn’t deserve to die like that this. You led her to death and this is all your fault! This is entirely your fault!” She jabs her fingers at Nayoung’s chest.

Nayoung can only lower her gaze and keeps her lips shut, she would be lying if Sira’s words aren’t hurting her. She knows it. She knows it is her fault to begin with and how Sira rubs it on her face only makes it hurt than it already does but Nayoung can understand that, she lets her throw whatever she wants at her because she thinks that she deserves that.... Nayoung deserves that.

“I don’t want to see your face anymore, get lost from here and don’t ever try  to come back!”

.....................................................

A month has passed since that day and Heehyun can’t see a day without Im Nayoung drinking and getting wasted in her house even after she called a week off and mourned over the younger girl. A week after Siwon’s funeral, Kim had to go back to her work and she asked Heehyun to take care of her because she couldn’t be there with them. It’s just another day when she opens the door and her nose is already scrunched up in disgust. The alcohol’s scent is really strong and when she takes a step inside, her feet immediately steps on something. It is none other than a beer can that was tossed around. She sighs and picks it up and throws it to the nearest dustbin. She is looking out for Nayoung and finally she finds her in the bed, lying in such position, feet daggling and her hands holding a soju bottle. She takes the soju bottle from her and rolls her then covers her with a blanket. She brushes off some hairs from her face and the moment she sees her face clearly, she knows that Nayoung has been crying alone while drowning herself into another soju bottle because when her eyes roam around, she spots other empty bottles across the room.

“Siwon.. Siwon-ah.” Heehyun hears a whimpering sound from Nayoung and a lone tear rolling down from her closed eyes. She feels really sorry right now, looking at her friend like this. Even in her sleep, she is still broken and hurt and the only thing she can do is being there with her and cleaning up her mess.

“I hope you’ll be better soon, Nayoungie.”

(Flashback of Nayoung’s past end)

...........................................................................

 

 

 

It’s raining outside and Jieqiong has her head laying on the table now. She pouts, looking like a kicked puppy inside Insun’s restaurant after she finishes her meals. Someone taps her nose and takes a sit in front of her. She doesn’t need to look up because when the person starts to speak, she can recognize well who that is.

“What’s bothering your pretty head now, hmm?”

“So you admit that I’m pretty now, Chaeyeon unnie?” She gives her a playful smirk and Chaeyeon rolls her eyes. She just finishes her shift and finds the younger girl slumped on the table after eating and it’s not so Jieqiong to do a thing like that, that’s why she approaches her.

“Aish you kid.” Jieqiong chuckles. Teasing Chaeyeon is always fun but now it isn’t really fun when something is bothering her head for real. “For real Jieqiong, what’s the matter?” She tilts her head and Jieqiong props her head in her hand.

“Unnie.”

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you something?” Chaeyeon frowns, but she tries to be playful with her.

“You;re always asking me anyway-“

“Noooo.. I’m- this time I’m being serious.” Jieqiong whines and Chaeyeon just smiles.

“Alright, go on.”

“How long have you known Heehyun unnie?” She innocently blinks and asking Chaeyeon like that while the latter gives her “are you being serious now?”-look

“Wh-what are you talking about?” Chaeyeon stutters and Jieqiong sighs.

“Alright, I’ll be straight to the point … actually .. –you’ve known her since high school, right?” Chaeyeon nods. “… then .. eung… Nayoung unnie is her friend,right? So-“

“You actually just want to ask about Nayoung unnie, right? Goshh you can just ask me right away.” Chaeyeon chuckles at her and Jieqiong pouts. “I’ll answer your first question, yes Nayoung unnie is Heehyun unnie’s friend. Well, actually there is another Nayoung unnie but I think you don’t need to know it now.. So, which part do you want to ask?”

“Tell me what you know about them.” Chaeyeon is confused since Jieqiong answers it so quickly so she asks her.

“Why?”

“Just tell me first unnie.” Jieqiong pleads.

“Fine. I have known them since high school, actually there are three of them. Heehyun unnie, Im Nayoung unnie and Kim Nayoung unnie. They’re always seen together and they were quite popular back then. From what I’ve heard before, after they graduated, they parted. Im Nayoung unnie and Heehyun unnie went to the same university, majoring in dance while Kim Nayoung unnie went into another university, pursuing her dream to become a stewardess. That’s all I know when I was in high school”

“Oh...” Jieqiong is left silent and she is thinking for awhile “Are you.. are you.. perhaps by any chance know about-” She hesitates to ask this, she believes this is one of Nayoung’s privacy and she should have asked Nayoung herself instead of Chaeyeon here but she has been curious since then.

“About?”

“-her love life?” She is unsure and Chaeyeon can sense that in her tone. Chaeyeon is silent and Jieqiong bites her lips, afraid that she sounds desperate trying to pry someone’s privacy or asking a stupid question.

“Mmm.. I don’t really know how was Nayoung unnie’s love life when she was in high school, I didn’t see her interact with others that much nor having someone by her side other than Heehyun unnie or Kim Nayoung unnie.” Jieqiong is about to hang her head low after hearing Chaeyeon’s answer. That’s not what she expected from her. Even she wants her to answer that however she hears Chaeyeon snapping up her fingers like she finds something.

“Ah.. but-.. well it wasn’t around her high school time. But, I believe I remember this,”

“Remember what?” Jieqiong’s eyes lit up and she is sure this is what she is looking for.

“I don’t really remember the exact time maybe around a year or two years ago? I think it was around Nayoung unnie’s last year? When I was a freshman and started working here, she often came here with Heehyun unnie and also Kim Nayoung unnie and sometimes-” She pauses for a while and Jieqiong waits her next words “-with another girl, she has this tall body probably around Nayoung unnie’s height and I think she was around my age, they were really close. When Nayoung unnie was with her, I could see her being all smiley or even laughed, as long as I remember Nayoung unnie isn’t really the type to express her feelings quite well. Even sometimes Heehyun unnie mocks her about that but with that girl, Nayoung unnie seemed to open up really well, for her standard. Mmm.. ah.. Seems like I remember her name.”

“Who?”

“Kang.. wait who is that-“

“Kang?”

“Yeah, Kang.. wait Si..Sihyun? Siyoon? Si-“

“Siwon?”

“Ah right! That’s it! Siwon yeah, Kang Siwon!” Chaeyeon exclaims and Jieqiong’s throat is left dry at the moment…

So, that night Nayoung really said it for real and it was the girl from her past, it wasn’t just a random name. Who is she? Is she Nayoung’s ex before? Jieqiong doesn’t want to admit it but she knows that she already feels something towards the older girl and as much as she wants to deny it, she is taken aback and left a bit sad or maybe hurt? When Nayoung accidentally slipped up Siwon’s name from her lips that time. Did she bring back the memory about her? Did they break up in bad terms? Are they-

“Wait, how come you know about her name?” Chaeyeon frowns at her and she cuts her train of thoughts. Chaeyeon is one of her best friends and Jieqiong is sure, she is trusted enough. Jieqiong lowers her gaze and sighs.

“It’s slipped out from Nayoung unnie’s lips,”

“Oh…” Chaeyeon doesn’t know how to reply this and she’s just left silent after hearing Jieqiong’s answer. Seeing the younger girl fidgeting with her fingers, she thinks that Jieqiong isn’t done yet and she lets her continue.

“We were alone that night, the atmosphere was really good and we were joking until I did something and suddenly the look in her eyes and her face was changing like when someone’s triggered and that name slipped up from her lips. I was beyond confused that time and Nayoung unnie suddenly started acting differently. We ended up a bit awkward that night. I feel like Nayoung unnie didn’t want to talk about it but it only left me hanging and wondering for days. Sure, she’s still texting me and else but-.. you know, I can’t help it … that’s why I’m asking you unnie. Perhaps... You know what’s her relationship with Nayoung unnie, is she .. Nayoung unnie’s ex?” Jieqiong hesitates again and Chaeyeon can see that. Now that she recalls it, she is sure that she saw it before. It’s not often, it was maybe once or twice but she remembers when she stood at the counter a few times when Insun was out to somewhere at late night, she saw Nayoung did give Siwon some kisses out of nowhere on her cheeks or the side of her head and-

“Unnie?”-Jieqiong cuts her train of thoughts.

-and it brings her back from her little own world. “You know something about it, right?” Jieqiong carefully asks her again after she sees Chaeyeon went silent for a while before; her eyebrows are knitted a bit and she chews her bottom lips. Chaeyeon hesitates to give an answer. Should she tell her those things to Jieqiong or- oh right she doesn’t wanna be an now, it’ll be safe if she tells Jieqiong that-

“I-.. I’m sorry Jieqiong I don’t really know but I think I ever heard Heehyun unnie mentioned it somewhere with Kim Nayoung unnie that they were dating for real but I don’t know about the rest.”

“Ah.. I see.” Jieqiong gives her a weak answer and Chaeyeon feels bad listening to it. For Jieqiong, maybe it’s what Chaeyeon really knows anyway, since the older girl isn’t that close either to Nayoung, how would she know everything about her? Well, at least she gets the answer. As for Chaeyeon, at least she isn’t telling her lie even if she didn’t tell those things she saw before. Chaeyeon did hear about Heehyun and Kim Nayoung teasing Im Nayoung about it and when the four of them were together too but for sure she really has to leave alone the kissing part for Jieqiong.

“-but, Jieqiong. You know, maybe about eight or ten months ago, Nayoung unnie has never come here anymore. Not even once I saw her here.”

“Huh?” JIeqiong is beyond confused like what?

 “It’s true, I never saw her around that time, not even once. That night when Heehyun unnie came with her and you were here was the first time after those months I saw her again. During those months, I often saw Heehyun unnie or Kim Nayoung unnie but not Im Nayoung unnie or even Siwon-ssi.” Truth to be told, actually Chaeyeon also wonders a bit by Nayoung’s sudden absence those months before but she never asks anyone about it.  

“Did they break up or something?”

“I don’t know either. Why don’t you ask her-“ Chaeyeon is about to continue but Jieqiong gives a her a look and Chaeyeon gets it that- “-wait.. don’t tell me you-“

“Yeah.. we aren’t even a thing unnie.”

“Huh? For real? But I thought-”

“No.. we are not,” Jieqiong sighs again. ”I haven’t told this to anyone but I think… I think I might feel something toward her and maybe same goes with her towards me after what we’ve been doing these past few months. However, after that night I’ve been insecure.. I don’t know …”

“Have you… have you tried to talk to her?”

“No, I haven’t …”

“Why don’t you try- oh speak of the devils.. Maybe you should try right now.” Jieqiong shoots her a confused look but Chaeyeon only offers her a smile and shifts her gaze toward the entrance door. Jieqiong follows Chayeon’s gaze and right when Jieqiong turns her back, she sees Nayoung who has just entered the restaurant and closes up her umbrella.  “I’ll take my leave now.”

…………………………………………………………………

Nayoung is walking her home again like always and like a gentlewoman she is, she holds the umbrella for both of them while Jieqiong is walking beside her. Nayoung was actually just walking around that time but seeing the younger girl’s silhouette in the restaurant, she couldn’t help but to approach her and maybe walked her home as well.

Rain is still pouring above them but it isn’t harder than before. They keep silent, neither of them is talking. They’re only enjoying each other’s presence in this quite peaceful night. Some minutes pass and Jieqiong is still deep in her own thought, thinking about her conversation earlier with Chaeyeon. However, out of nowhere she grabs Nayoung’s hand and tries to interlace her fingers with hers while holding the umbrella without even looking at the latter and only staring at the road in front of her. Nayoung is slightly taken aback with the sudden action, sure, she is already used to with that but still. She takes a glance at the girl beside her and chuckles. Nayoung suddenly stops walking and Jieqiong follows her too with a frown on her face when she looks up to the older girl.

“You could always say that, if you want me to hold your hand, you know?” Nayoung takes the umbrella to her other hand and holds Jieqiong’s hand then puts it inside her hoodie pocket. “It’s a bit cold, right?” She smiles and continues walking.

Jieqiong unconsciously smiles to herself, it is only some minutes ago her head was still unsure and insecure but with just a simple act from Nayoung, it is all thrown away somewhere. It’s still a bit cold under the rain but Nayoung’s presence and how she rubs her thumbs on Jieqiong’s fingers inside her hoodie’s pocket give Jieqiong another form of warmth. Jieqiong doesn’t need another confirmation. Now she is sure that she really falls for the latter even though she still feels a bit insecure.

“Something is bothering your mind?” Nayoung asks her and it brings back Jieqiong’s insecurity again without her knowing.

“Um.. maybe..”

“What are you talking with Chaeyeon before?”

“Nothing..”

“Nothing or something?”

“Something..”

Nayoung only lets a hum and gives a small nod and Jieqiong can’t be more thankful about that because the older girl doesn’t try to pry further. It’d be awkward right? If she answered that they had been talking about Nayoung before and it wasn’t just about a casual talk too. They continue their steps.

“You can always talk to me if you want to talk about something.”

“I’m practically always blabbering everything anyway.”

They share a laugh after that. The atmosphere is really good and warm but Jieqiong is afraid if it’s turned to be another awkward thing again between them. Last time was enough and Jieqiong doesn’t want it to happen again. They almost reach Jieqiong’s apartment building and Jieqiong slowly retracts her fingers from Nayoung.

“Ung.. we are here.” Nayoung blinks in confusion when Jieqiong timidly says it. Jieqiong isn’t usually like this, hesitating like she wants to say something but she tries to keep it. “Thanks for walking me home again unnie.”

“You’re welcome, I’m happy to do that anyway.” She smiles fondly at the younger girl.

Rain is still pouring down and they are still standing under the umbrella facing each other. When Nayoung tries to read her, Jieqiong is fidgeting again, she chews her bottom lips. Chaeyeon’s words are ringing in her head “Have you tried to talk to her? Why don’t you try-“ Should I? She thinks for a while. However, instead of asking Nayoung, she says another word.

“I- I Should take my leave now.”

“Are you sure? I can walk you to your door, it’s still raining Jieqiong.”

“I- “ Jieqiong doesn’t finish her words as she is suffocated with her own thought. Why does it seem so complicated for her? She could just ask Nayoung in her trademark care-free manner and it’d be all good even if Nayoung didn’t answer her question later, but some question itself are already running in her pretty little head. She can’t do this now, maybe later. Maybe….. –She tries to look up again and when she does that, she meets Nayoung’s eyes which give her a curious stare, however, seems like Nayoung gets what actually has been running in Jieqiong’s head and when Jieqiong realizes it, a fond gaze and smile already paint Nayoung’s face. Not to mention another second has passed and she feels Nayoung’s palms caressing her cheeks softly then tuck a little bit of Jieqiong’s lock behind her ear.

“Wasn’t it supposed to be my job,… Being the quite one here, right?” She whispers softly.

“What if right now is the reversal time, what can I do?”

“Are you scared of me?” Instead of answering Jieqiong’s question, Nayoung shoots her another question again. Jieqiong would be lying if she said she wasn’t scared, no, she isn’t scared at Nayoung but she is scared at whatever thing that is going on between them right now and how it’ll lead to, does Nayoung feel the same like her? Should I be honest now?

“The things between us are scarier.”

 “Then I’ll kiss that away”

“How?”

Jieqiong might think it’s only a metaphor from Nayoung without any hints of literal meaning behind that, but well, she is wrong all along. Because the moment later, she feels a hot breath ghostly over her lips with a whisper of “don’t you like to know how?” … and just like that, she feels a soft pair of lips on her lips.

Time feels like stopping right away, there is no rain sound, there is no rain drop, there are only them right now and anything doesn’t matter anymore. Nayoung is here, she is here with her.

Jieqiong slowly closes her eyes and smile. Nayoung is smiling as well when she feels Jieqiong smiling before she slowly starts moving her lips on hers and Jieqiong replies it with the same passion. Nayoung’s hand slowly makes its way to Jieqiong’s waist, bringing her closer to her and Jieqiong’s hands naturally finds its way to Nayoung’s nape. It is slow and loving, neither of them tries to rush it, they take their time and try to convey their feeling over the kiss, savoring every moment they share together.

                It takes them a while until they slowly part away from each other, eyes slowly opening and smile grazing over their lips. They’re looking at each other and Jieqiong feels like her heart could burst any moment. Her hands are still lingering over Nayoung’s nape and Nayoung’s hands are still resting on her waist and seems like neither of them wants to let go of each other any moment right now.

                “Should I walk you to your door now?” Nayoung whispers to her.

                Jieqiong might be insecure before but she is like on cloud nine when Nayoung kisses her there, she is also sure that Nayoung tries to convey her feeling towards her over their kiss; she feels loved. Nayoung loves her just like how she loves Nayoung, she can worry about another thing later. Knowing Nayoung over these months, she comes to think that it is the older girl’s nature to not saying everything out loud and sometimes only showing it through her action. Maybe it’s the same as this, maybe it is her nature and Jieqiong is not gonna force her to say that sacred three words now even if she is craving to hear that now. Maybe she can be used to it soon, maybe it’s okay for now, and maybe it’s enough for now.

                Jieqiong lunges forward and gives Nayoung a small peck on her lips.

“Yeah, you should walk me to my door now.”    

Yeah, I can get used to with this… I don’t mind, I know she feels the same.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

………………………………………………….

“Good night. Sleep tight.” Nayoung says and gives Jieqiong a kiss on her crown. Jieqiong only lets out a giggle and nuzzles herself more into Nayoung. They’re currently in front of Jieqiong’s apartment door and Jieqiong, out of nowhere, hugs Nayoung, stubbornly lets her go before Nayoung wishing her good night.

“Alright, good night for you too.” She kisses Nayoung’s cheeks one last time and dashes into her apartment, leaving Nayoung chuckling to herself after looking at her antics.

“You really like to kiss me, don’t you?”

………………………………………………………

Jieqiong goes straight into her room and throws herself onto her bed and screams out loud on her pillow then rolling around until she lays on her back. She brings her fingers to her lips and there, she still can feel Nayoung’s lips against hers. A blush creeps on her cheeks. She can’t believe it. Nayoung and she just kiss under the rain some minutes ago. It still feels unreal for her and she needs someone to tell her that it’s real and it’s no other than Nayoung. With that, she dashes off from her bed looking for Eunwoo but not very much to her liking, she doesn’t find Eunwoo around even after yelling her name over and over. She frowns, Eunwoo should be home like an hour ago after her radio schedule and Jieiqong already knows the latter’s schedule like the back of her hands, is she out somewhere? But we have early morning class tomorrow.

Jieqiong takes her phone out from her pocket and is about to text Eunwoo, however, there’s a notification popping up on her screen right after she presses the button to light up her phone.

From: BeagleWoo

I’m out tonight and I crash on Suhyun unnie’s place. Don’t wait up for me and before you scold me that we have early morning class with that idiot small bean, don’t worry I’ll show up tomorrow morning.

Jieqiong is smiling in relief and text her back

To: BeagleWoo

You know me well huh? ;) Hehe

Okay then take care there don’t make any trouble.

Good night Eunwoo!

  

               

 

 

 

 

 

Little does she know.. Eunwoo never shows up the morning after or even the whole day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

……………………………………………………………………

“!”

Eunwoo wakes up in morning with a great pain in her head. She blinks her eyes, trying to adjust her eyesight, she realizes it, she isn’t in her room at all and she remembers that she crashes at Suhyun and Haein’s place the night before. She tries to get off from the bed and with her throbbing head, she walks out from the room, looking for the owner of the house and once she reaches the kitchen, she sees Suhyun eating a toast in and typing something on her laptop.

“Hey there sleepy head, you finally wake up huh? I made you a pancake- well technically Haein unnie made that before she left and there’s also an aspirin for you, if you want to take some coffee, it’s there.” She lazily greets Eunwoo and points there and there without bothering to look at Eunwoo. Eunwoo only rolls her eyes before taking a seat in front of her and slowly digs on the pancake.

“Thanks.” She only gets a hum of approval from Suhyun who is still busily typing. “A new book?” She asks her.

“Yeah, a spin off from the previous one.” Suhyun answers it while chewing on her toast.

Suhyun is a writer or novelist (as Eunwoo likes to call it) and also a blogger as well, she mostly just spends her time at home writing and not going to office or somewhere to work. Eunwoo knows her from Haein last year, Haein introduced her to Suhyun at one drinking night they had together and she learned that Suhyun was practically Haein’s girlfriend. It’s not hard to get along with Suhyun because the older girl has a lot things in common with her and they click well really fast. Haein is happy because her girlfriend can get along with one of her good friends but later, whenever Eunwoo and Suhyun are together in the same picture, it’s only giving her a headache by how they become loud or childish and that’s one of those days Haein regrets dragging Suhyun out from their shared apartment to make a friend.

“Anyway unnie,”

“Yeah?”

“What time is it?”

“It’s 10:45 am now, why?” Suhyun nonchalantly answers her.

“Oh.. 10:45… -wait WHAT?! HOLY !! I MISSED TODAY’S MORNING CLASS WITH YEBIN AND JIEQIONG-“ Eunwoo starts blabbering things out when she realizes she just missed the morning class  but suddenly goes silent when Jieqiong’s name slips out from her lips…Jieqiong.. yes Jieqiong… It is maybe not even a second passing when she feels bitterness creeping up on her and her heart clenches and really hurt. Suhyun is aware when the sudden silent comes from the usually loud Eunwoo and her suddenly cut-off sentence makes her look up from her laptop, only to find a bitter look on Eunwoo’s face. Her eyes look so dull, she’s only fidgeting with her fork, and her pancake is only halfway eaten.

“So, … It’s her, isn’t it?”      

Eunwoo is still silent, her lips are kept shut, not even giving an answer to Suhyun’s question. Her head is still throbbing and she needs her aspirin now. She doesn’t need to remember what happened last night, even the piece of it starts to get clear in her mind after Jieqiong’s name slips out from her lips. However, it rushes up faster and becomes a lot clearer once Suhyun drops her another question.

“What actually happened last night? You didn’t even say anything when you called me for a drink and only got angst and cried also got drunk as well… Mind telling me why? Haein unnie has been worried since last night.”

 

Eunwoo just reaches her shared apartment with Jieqiong after she is done with her radio schedule and not much to her liking, the younger girl is nowhere to be found. A sigh leaves her lips. Jieqiong must be out somewhere again. Eunwoo already notices it, the change in Jieqiong’s behavior these past few weeks or even months, Jieqiong smiles a lot more than already she does, Jieqiong likes to go out at night more often than before, Jieqiong likes to sneak around and Eunwoo knows where the younger girl is heading to and also.. Jieqiong missed one of Eunwoo and Sungyeon’s busking at Gangnam when Jieqiong already promised to watch them. Jieqiong did ask Eunwoo for an apology that time and of course she easily let it go, Eunwoo never saying no to her anyway.

  Eunwoo flicks the lights on of their shared apartment and when she looks up through the window it is cloudy, a few minutes have passed and rain starts to pour down heavily at once. She looks around and sees a neatly folded umbrella near their door, another sigh escapes her lips. Jieqiong doesn’t bring an umbrella again. She once told her to bring it because lately it has been raining a lot but Jieqiong being Jieqiong, only sticking her tongue out at her and said “You’ll pick me up for sure, why should I bring one then?” It was followed with her laughter after that. Eunwoo lets out a chuckle and takes the umbrella.

 

“Guess that I really have to pick you up then.” 

 

 

………………………………………………………………………………….

 

Eunwoo often hears how heartbreak feels like, because apparently her listeners like to leave some stories like that on the radio’s page on a particular session on her radio broadcast, or maybe when- one day Sungyeon told her that actually she had that platonic feels, yet leading to loving her cousin next door after living under the same roof but Siyeon doesn’t seem to see that, however, Eunwoo never feels one nor experiencing one. Not before the universe plays a harsh game on her and pulls someone called Im Nayoung into the picture and she feels like her world crumbling down all at once.

There, she sees it all, right when she steps out from their apartment complex, Nayoung lunges forward to kiss Jieqiong, yes Jieqiong, her beloved Jieqiong, her universe, someone that Eunwoo really wants to protect, and someone that means everything to Eunwoo and someone that now Im Nayoung is holding in her arms. Eunwoo doesn’t miss it for even a bit, Nayoung knows she is there because she sees her eyes flicker for a second to Eunwoo before they kiss and Jieqiong.. She is sure that Jieqiong doesn’t know that. She feels numb, goes dry, her lips are tightly shut and the coldness of the rain just makes it a complete misery for her when Jieqiong replies back, and she is kissing Nayoung as well.

 Eunwoo takes a step backward.. Slowly.. However, she ends up running into her shared apartment. She can’t bear that anymore, watching a person she loves kissing another person. She takes her bag and calls Suhyun, asking her to accompany her for a drink and already plans to crash at her place as well. She takes one last glance before leaving the door and texting Jieqiong with a trembling hand. She leaves that night using a stair instead of elevator to avoid the possibility of meeting Jieqiong or even worse, Nayoung.

 

 

 

 

Eunwoo is already half drunk when Suhyun comes to the bar but she keeps drinking in silence with tears flowing out from her eyes until Suhyun tells her to stop and snatch the vodka bottle from her. Suhyun calls Haein to pick them up because it is already late at night and later when they finally reach their apartment with drunk Eunwoo in tow, they take care of her and tuck her to bed. Haein is asking Suhyun what happened to Eunwoo but the younger girl doesn’t know either. They are about to leave the room until they hear Eunwoo whimpering in her sleep with a lone tear from her closed eyes.

“Jie..qiong..”

 

 

 

“You were whimpering her name last night.” Suhyun adds again. “Eunwoo could you just tell-“

“Can I stay here a bit longer unnie?” Eunwoo cuts her off and looks right into her eyes. Suhyun lets out a sigh, Eunwoo doesn’t want to talk for now and she’ll try to understand that.

“Alright, you can.”

“Thanks unnie.”

 

……………………………………………………..

                “Stupid Jung Eunwoo.”

                Jieqiong huffs in annoyance. It’s the fourth day since Eunwoo is missing from their apartment and also their classes as well. She has been trying to text her, sending voice notes to her, or even calling her and she gets nothing at all. At first, she thought that maybe Eunwoo’s phone was dead because Eunwoo forgot to bring her charger with her but it’d be weird since she could borrow Suhyun’s or Haein’s. She asked Siyeon at the second day but the younger girl only frowned and shook her head, telling her that she didn’t know as well where her cousin was, because Eunwoo hadn’t been calling her at all. She tried to ask Sungyeon but she only got the same answer like Siyeon has given her before.

                “She hasn’t called you yet?”

                Jieqiong looks up from her phone and she sees Minkyung has already taken a seat in front of her, sipping her iced Americano. Jieqiong only lets out a sigh and places her phone down on the table.

                “No.. not at all,” Jieqiong frowns “How do you know?”

                “I heard from Kyungwon, who heard from Yebin who heard from Siyeon and Sungyeon that you are looking for Eunwoo and she has been missing and not texting or even giving a call at all and that’s so weird of her.”

                “Yeah that’s so weird.” Minkyung lets out a chuckle and pats Jieqiong’s hands.

                “There, there, I believe she will call you soon. Maybe she’s just having a hard time right now and she doesn’t want to burden you, you know it right? Eunwoo could be a softie and unpredictable too, right? At least you know that she is not alone and someone is also taking care of her. You should try to be positive Jieqiong, like the barista behind the counter now.” Minkyung smiles. Jieqiong looks up to the counter and sees Yewon there, smiling brightly to the costumers after serving them, she catches Jieiqong’s eyes on her so smiles back and waves her hands cutely at her and Jieqiong bursts out into a laughter.

                “Right, right… I wonder what your sister eats every morning, you guys live in the same apartment right? How come she’s always that bright and positive huh? What do you cook?”

                “Yewon is just being Yewon, sometimes I also don’t get how she’s being like “xD” emoji every time, even though she is my sister, I guess it’s just her nature.” Minkyung shrugs and smiles again, but Jieqiong finds that smile way too familiar and usually it means trouble and-

“Anyway, let’s talk just about you, how is it?”

“Huh? How is what?”

“Come on, I’m talking about you and Nayoung unnie.” Minkyung smirks -and Jieqiong was right, Minkyung tries to now.

“W-What are you talking about? There’s nothing.” She is about to play cool but fails at the first try when a blush starts creeping on her cheeks because she suddenly remembers her first kiss with Nayoung under the rain.

“There must be something, look at your face Jieqiong, you are as red as tomatoes now.” Minkyung laughs at her and Jieqiong only can childishly whines back.

“I told you there’s nothing!”

“Really? Not even a kiss under the rain?” Minkyung wiggles her eyebrows teasingly and Jieqiong really wants to smack her head right now also wipes her smirk off her face. 

“Not even- Wait, WHAT?!” Jieqiong goes even redder when she catches her last sentence and Minkyung laughs even more.

“I heard that last night when Nayoung unnie went down to the bar of the club and had a drink together with Heehyun unnie there. I was not eavesdropping it, it was just they were talking loud enough for me to hear that.” Minkyung giggles and gives her a thoughtful look.

“That’s so romantic, maybe I should ask Kyungwon to do that too next time we walk home together under the rain, what do you think? Jieqiong?”

“Uuunniieeee~ stop teasing me!!”

 

……………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

 

 

                A month has passed and seems like everything goes back to normal or at least it does. For Jieqiong, maybe it can be the best month she’s ever had since she transferred to Seoul, why? Of course it’s none other than her relationship with Nayoung. It is going on smoothly, they go on dates and Jieqiong can’t be even happier when she can do lots of skinships with Nayoung and the older girl doesn’t mind at all even sometimes Nayoung initiates that first. They aren’t dating and neither of them said that “would you be my girlfriend?” but they already act like one. It’s understandable if Jieqiong feels a bit worried because they don’t make it official but she always tries to tell herself that it’s okay for now and she doesn’t need to rush everything, they can take it slowly, they even already call each other with pet names. It is a progression, right? Also, yeah they share other kisses of course, that’s the best part because Jieqiong lowkey likes to kiss the older girl.

                As for Eunwoo, she showed up a week after that night and of course her circle of friends started questioning about her sudden absence. She just tried to mask it off, telling the weirdest possible things like “come on I was just taking my week off, I’ve never missed any class for this semester so why couldn’t I try to be off for only a week?” Being weird is one of Eunwoo’s traits so it was acceptable even though they rolled their eyes like almost in unison, she only caught Minkyung giving her a look that could describe like she actually knew what the real reason behind her sudden absence was. Minkyung knew, she always knew way and if Minkyung knew, then probably Kyungwon knew as well but the two eldest only kept silent and followed the atmosphere at the table. Jieqiong looked more glowing in her eyes and she knew why, what’s the reason behind it and it was painful to know it. There, Jieqiong looked oblivious for the whole-Eunwoo-missing-saga.

                At first it was hard for Eunwoo, she really wanted to avoid Jieqiong all cost but Jieqiong is living under the same roof with her, goes to the same major with her, goes to the same classes with her and has a same circle of friends with her. Needless to say, her world revolves around Zhou Jieqiong. Eunwoo finds herself being two-faced, at the daylight she would be all smiley her usual self but at night at least three or four times a week she’ll end up in Suhyun and Haein’s guest room because she has got wasted the night before, crying and getting drunk as always. When she goes on a busking with Sungyeon, she chooses a lot of ballad songs and she even asks Yebin to rewrite Ariana Grande’s Best Mistake with her, sometimes there are a few comments left on her social media page or on the radio message board, worrying about her and asking her to cheer up because her listeners said she look a bit off and tired. Eunwoo rarely go home again in the same time as Jieqiong, she feels suffocated and of course she goes to Suhyun’s just like now.

                “At this point, I might write something about you instead of finishing this book.” Suhyun nonchalantly says that while casually sitting on the couch with her laptop on the laps while sipping on her cider, before placing it on the coffee table beside her.

 Eunwoo only lets out a scoff while leaning against the window, sipping her cider can as well.  Haein has banned her to take another strong alcohol this week because she has been consuming a lot even though she’s using her own money. Eunwoo also found where Haein and Suhyun’s keep their alcohol stash but the eldest of the three threatened to kick her out if she dared to take another bottle again.

“Go write it then, is that even worth to read?”

“Of course it is, my readers love that sappy-angst love story you know?”-she ends that with a chuckle and Eunwoo rolls her eyes, she walks up and sits next to her.

“I’m glad my misery brings others happiness.”

“Nahh, who said that? Actually I prefer you being loud and beagle, not this angst-moody Eunwoo that I have to take care for a month.”

“Thanks, I love you too.”

They fall silent after that, only typing sounds from Suhyun’s laptop can be heard right now. Eunwoo lean herself more into the couch.

“Don’t you want to go home Eunwoo?”

                “Are you kicking me out?”

                “Do I sound like one?”

                Another silence and Eunwoo lets out a heavy sigh.

                “Unnie.”

                “Yeah?”-Suhyun lazily replies her.

                “What did you feel when you found Haein unnie with Hyeri unnie that night?” That successfully makes Suhyun stop whatever she is doing now. It takes her for a while to compose herself. After a few seconds pass, she continues typing while answering the younger question.

                “Why are you asking this?”

                “Because I just want to know.” Her tone is Innocent and Suhyun doesn’t see the usual Eunwoo who tries to blackmail her or teasing her to death or even the playful one.

                “It hurt. If it did not, I wouldn’t call you that night to go drinking together. Haein unnie was drunk and Hyeri only tried to help her to get home but-“

                “My my my ~ you don’t have to remind her about that, don’t you Eunwoo?” Suhyun hasn’t finished her words because Haein cuts it halfway. She just finishes her shower and is drying her hair with towel while walking up to them. Haein bends down a little and gives Suhyun a little peck on her lips before taking Suhyun’s cider can and sits in the nearest couch.

                “It was my fault and I acknowledge that, we fought that day and I was out for drinking and I met Hyeri when I got out from the bar. She was just helping me but I was too drunk to realize that it wasn’t Suhyun so yeah, you know the rest of it, don’t you?”

                “You talk like it’s a casual thing that happened.” Eunwoo says in amusement.

                “Nahh~ who said? You just don’t know what Suhyun will do to me later once you step out from this apartment.” Haein says with a mischievous tone and Suhyun’s face goes red in embarrassment.

                “Yahh UNNIEE!!” She throws a pillow couch on Haein, not forgetting to glare at the older girl and Haein goes into laughter.

                “Eww, I don’t need to know the details anyway.”  Eunwoo pretends to put a disgusted face.

                “So, when will you talk to Jieqiong? You know it’s better to try than nothing, also you can’t keep avoiding her, Eunwoo, plus didn’t you told us the other day that you heard it from Minkyung that Jieqiong wasn’t dating Nayoung yet, right? And she also tried to talk to you too before, when you started being this moody-sappy-broody or whatever this is, there is still a chance for you. You better level up your game or you’ll regret it later. I solved my problem with Suhyun with a talk, you should try too.” Haein adds with a smile. In the time like this, Eunwoo really think that Haein embrace her unnie role for once.

                “Go Home Eunwoo, Jieqiong might be looking for you again and talk.” –Now it’s Suhyun’s turn. Eunwoo lets out a chuckle.

                “If you guys really want to do that for real now you could just told me beforehand no need to lecture me like this, fine, I’ll go home now, don’t forget to use protection unnies, bye!!”-With that, Eunwoo runs away from their apartment, laughing manically with Suhyun yelling at her in tow.

                “YAHHH Jung Eunwoo!”

………………………………………………………………………………………

 

                Haein’s words are still ringing in her head “…..there is still a chance for you. You better level up your game or you’ll regret it later..” and to think about it, Haein is right, she can’t keep running away. She better tries, you never know if you never try, right?

                There she is, standing in front of her apartment door and opening it carefully because it is already late at night and she might wake up Jieqiong, however, her eyebrows are knitted together into a frown when she finds another pair of sneakers next to Jieqiong’s.  The light is still off and Eunwoo can only shake her head with a small smile She must have forgot again. Eunwoo is about to turn the light on until she sees Jieqiong’s bedroom is slightly opened and she frowns. She takes light steps and drags herself there, she hears some sounds before she can reach Jieqiong’s door, she freezes.. Hoping that it isn’t real because she knows well what kind of sound that is, however, seems like luck hasn’t been on her side over and over... Two girls are laying in such position on Jieqiong’s bed, heavily making out with each other, even with the dim light Eunwoo still can recognize well who it is… It isn’t long until they part from each other, Jieqiong panting hard beneath Nayoung and her eyes are slowly fluttered open, hands lingering on Nayoung’s cheeks as she caresses it softly and a smile is grazing over her lips.

                Don’t-

                “I love you.” Nayoung whispers, but loud enough for Eunwoo to catch it.

                Please don’t say it-

                “I love you too, Im Nayoung.”

                -Jieqiong….

                ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

                “Eung? Eunwoo unnie?”

Sungyeon rubs her eyes sleepily after she hears a knock on her apartment door at one in the morning. She believes that Siyeon is already home before so who is knocking at this ungodly hour? But, when she finds Eunwoo standing there, she tries to adjust her eyesight again and it is really Eunwoo.

“Hi? Eum.. May I stay the night here?”

“Uh?” Sungyeon is beyond confused with Eunwoo’s sudden request but she is too tired to argue for now and she really needs her sleep after working on her papers for hours.

“Sure just come in, do you want to sleep at Siyeon’s room? I don’t think she’ll mind or-  “Sungyeon doesn’t finish her words because Eunwoo already cuts her halfway.

“Can I just sleep with you? … Please?”

“Uh? Oh.. Okay…”

Later that night Eunwoo finds herself unable to sleep, she already tries to spoon Sungyeon and asks to cuddle with her, in which Sungyeon doesn’t mind at all but she still can’t sleep, Sungyeon might be warm but she isn’t Jieqiong that she cuddles when she gets a nightmare, she may hold Jieqiong like that before but now.. Her mind is wandering at the scene before.

Don’t-

                “I love you.” Nayoung whispers, but loud enough for Eunwoo to catch it.

                Please don’t say it-

                “I love you too, Im Nayoung.”

                -Jieqiong….

 

“Why…. “She tries to hold it but she can’t and again, she silently cries.

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

 

 

                Two days have already passed since that night Eunwoo saw Jieqiong making out with Nayoung and like any other days, she finds herself drinking at the bar again with Suhyun beside her. It’s been two days yet it stills hurt for Eunwoo. She has been drinking for hours and her choice of drink is getting stronger by the times. Suhyun only shakes her head and snatches her eighth glass.

                “Okay that’s enough. You’re gonna save your sorry later you little brat, now let’s go home.” Suhyun tries to drag her but Eunwoo stubbornly refuses to cooperate with her.

                “Nahh~ I’m okayyyy~ I’m not drunk unnie~ you see? I can stand on my feet woo hoo~” Suhyun rolls her eyes, Eunwoo is obviously drunk and she slurs her words.

                “Yeah, yeah, now get up you drunk .” She helps Eunwoo to walk from her seat on the bar counter.

                It is obvious that Eunwoo is really drunk, her eyes can barely make it to see anything in front of her. However, when she sees two tall figures walking towards her, she can tell who one of them is, it is none other than-

                “Nayoung….” She mutters under her breath, but Suhyun still manages to catch it.

                “What?”

                “Im Nayoung..” Eunwoo stumbles upon her steps, leaving Suhyun dumbfounded.

                “Hey- ya! Eunwoo- Jung Eunwoo.”

                It doesn’t take a lot of times before Eunwoo lunges forward grabbing Nayoung’s collar in death grip and looks at her with bloodshot eyes, laced with anger and hatred.

                “Hey!-“Heehyun is trying to pry Eunwoo from Nayoung but Nayoung raises her hand to prevent Heehyun to do so, telling her that she can handle it.

                “Im Nayoung..”

                “Hey.. Fancy to meet you here, Jung Eunwoo.” Nayoung smiles in amusement. “What can I do for you? Hmm?”

                “You-“ She pauses.

Even in her drunk state Eunwoo knows it well, Nayoung is trying to test her maybe it isn’t so mocking in the normal circumstance but now she is drunk and looking at Nayoung right now, listening to the words she says only sounds like ten times mocking at her, at her failure, at her loss upon Jieqiong.

                “Me what? What do you want to say? Are you gonna talk about that day under the rain?” Nayoung chuckles and whispers enough for only the two of them to hear,”-or.. you wanna know how it feels like? Have you ever tasted Jieqiong’s lips? They are soft and delicate also-“

                 Eunwoo can’t take it anymore, Nayoung seems enjoying this a lot; to pry and rub Eunwoo’s scars onto her face. She balls her fist in anger, next thing she knows she already sends Nayoung spitting blood on the floor after she packs a quite hard punch to her face.

                “Eunwoo!”

“You!-“

                “Heehyun don’t”

                Luckily the bar isn’t that crowded and it doesn’t really attract a lot of attention. Heehyun is helping Nayoung to stand up whilst Suhyun is holding Eunwoo from throwing another rage to Nayoung.

                “Eunwoo, stop it!”

                “You bastard! I know you knew it I was there, also at the other night in Jieqiong’s room.. You- You knew it all don’t you!? Don’t you?!!”

                “Eunwoo enough! I’m sorry Nayoung-ssi she is drunk right now, we’ll take our leave here, and once again I’m sorry.” Suhyun bows to Nayoung and tries to drag Eunwoo away from there.

                “It’s okay, please take care of her.” Nayoung bows back to Suhyun.

                “I’m NOT dONe with YoU !” Eunwoo curses once again and Nayoung only smiles  in return while wiping her lips, watching Eunwoo going away being dragged by Suhyun.

                                                                               

……………………………..

                “You did that on purpose, didn’t you? I never saw you being that to someone, not in my entire life knowing you.”

                Heehyun throws her a question after gulping down her glass of whisky, emptying the content. They’re currently sitting at the bar counter and Nayoung only lets out a dry chuckle and plays with her glass, swinging it slowly back and forth, ice clacking inside the glass.

                “You can say like that?”-She counters more like into herself instead of Heehyun

                “What did you do the other night?”

                “I told Jieqiong I love her, we made out and I slept on her bed. Nothing less nothing much, Eunwoo must be thinking that we did it.” She lets out another chuckle and sips on her drink. “Ah~.. What a fool.”

                “What a jerk.” She shakes her head and asks the bartender ”Hey, could you pour me another one?” The bartender only nods and pours her another glass.

                “Nayoung.”

                “Hmm?”

                “Do you really love Jieqiong?” Heehyun asks her without looking at her but Nayoung can already sense that she is being serious this time. Nayoung keeps silent for a while, partly because she’s taken aback with the sudden question even though she knows it’ll come sooner or later before.

                “I do.”

                “You aren’t playing with her, right? What are you trying to prove to that Eunwoo girl before?” Nayoung only keeps silent, holding her half empty glass. ”Does she remind you of her? Does Jieqiong remind you of Siwon? Are you using her just to make you forget about Siwon? Or-“

                “There’s nothing to do with Siwon, why do you have to bring her up again? I love Jieqiong because she is Jieqiong, not because she reminds me of Siwon.”

                “Really? Then what about that night on the beach?” She is looking at Nayoung now.

                “It was out of my control, you can’t use that to prove whatever you’re trying prove right now Ki Heehyun.”

                “You’re quivering, you’re not being honest with yourself now.” Heehyun scoffs “You can go and fool around with anyone with that face or with that words. Anyone, but me and the other Nayoung. We know you better than this.”

                “I told you I love her for real.”

                “Bull! Then tell me what you’re actually trying to prove to that Eunwoo girl before? Proving that she already lost the battle huh? Proving that Jieqiong chooses you over her huh? You’re just being that insecure little you are again! You did that just because you are afraid, right? You’re afraid to lose Jieqiong like you lose Siwon before and you did those ty things to get Eunwoo girl mad over you and she’ll try to step up her game then you’re gonna start hurting Jieqiong too, so she’ll choose Eunwoo and you’ll let her go, saying she deserves to be happy, Right? Right? Damn you Im Nayoung! I know it right, this is why you both share the same name, you and another Nayoung are just plain stupid. You try to copy her move like what she did to Sejeong, right?”-and Nayoung has enough listening to Heehyun’s rants, she grabs Heehyun’s collar and looks straight into her.

                “What? Trying to deny it now huh?” Heehyun is looking back into her with the same gaze Nayoung gives to her, challenging her back.

                “You don’t understand it because Chaeyeon is still alive! You don’t understand it Heehyun!”

                “Don’t drag Chaeyeon into this! She doesn’t have anything to do with this!” Heehyun pries Nayoung’s hands away from her collar.

                “You’re not the one to talk! Remember that, you ! Tell me about that Baek Yebin then, hah you don’t have to act all mighty when you’re just as pathetic as us. Do I have to remind you too? You’re just another insecure little too? Oh, what did you tell me the other day? Lately Chaeyeon has been talking a lot about Yebin, Yebin this Yebin that.. She seems really happy, should I- and blah blah blah Ki Heehyun you’re the worst!”

                They glare at each other hard for some brief seconds until some few seconds passed and slowly their lips curve upward and they end up bursting into laughter.

                “You’re weird.” Heehyun starts it again

                “We’re weird.”-Im is correcting it and Heehyun nods in approval. They’re drawn into another silence again, only sipping their remaining drinks.

                “Hey,”-Nayoung calls

                “Yeah?”

                “Have you ever thought to run away?”

                “To be honest, yeah, once, twice or maybe more than it.” Heehyun shrugs

                “Then let’s go run away together.” Nayoung nonchalantly says it and Heehyun looks at her with what- the- look now.

                “We are both already plain stupid right? Why don’t we make the best of it? Plan it well and we can be broken-heart-runaway club together, yeah?” Heehyun bursts out into another laughter that night for Nayoung’s ridiculous suggestion but she finds herself grinning stupidly at the thought of it.

                “So, how many days do we need to run away starting from now?”

                “I don’t know, three?”

                “Four?”

                “Five?” They’re both grinning at each other.

                “Five it is.”

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Notes :  I know somethings gonna look ridiculous or gonna make you frown up but i'll try to reveal it bit by bit on the next chapter, and yeah like i promised before i give y'all napink with the kisses in tow hoho