Chapter 5

Thy Neighbour

 

Pacing before the wardrobe for the past half an hour, I am still unsure what I should wear for tomorrow’s date. Technically, it is not really a date but who cares, as long as I get to see Sunggyu again. If I wear my white shirt with pants, it will be too formal, right? But majority of my wardrobe consists of training gear which I think is too causal for the occasion. I really want to make a good impression tomorrow. So, I am back to square one, staring at my wardrobe for the umpteen times.    

 

As the clock’s hand continues to move mercilessly, I desperately need to make my decision as it gets later into the night. Speaking of late, the loud party music coming from my elusive neighbour’s apartment is starting to get on my nerve. That guy sure has the worst timing. Why must he make a ruckus when I need a little serenity to think? I guess this is the time to pay my neighbour a visit and maybe express my displeasure of his repeated inconsideration.

 

I begin to wonder if my rings on the doorbell can be heard with the loud music playing in the apartment. Surprisingly, the door swings open quickly and before I could even speak up, the guy who opens the door drags me into the apartment.

 

“You are late! You are supposed to be here an hour ago. We couldn’t end the party because of you! Hyung is ready to murder every single one of us so that he can sleep!”

 

The guy continues to push me ahead of him while muttering behind my back. He finally halts in front of an unlit room and I am once again being nudge, this time into the dark room.

 

“Shouldn’t you be in something ier? Anyway, we don’t have time for you to change. Just stay here and when you hear us shout surprise, come out and do your job okay?”

 

That is the last thing I hear before the guy closes the door on me. I have stayed calm throughout the episode but I am beginning to think I am being too nice to the people inside this apartment. Aren’t I here to complain? Why do I end up being hidden in a room by a complete stranger? Deciding to end this ridiculous situation, I turn the door knob, opening the door coincidentally as the crowd outside shout surprise. Stepping out of the room under the many expecting eyes from the crowd that has gather in the living room, one pair of eyes immediately catches my attention since he is the only one sitting right in the middle of the crowded room. My heart drops a beat.

 

“Hoya hyung?” I faintly hear someone calling my name from the other side of the room.

 

“Well, this is really a surprise.” I hear giggling from the crowd but I am not interested to turn my head and look for the familiar voices. My only focus is on the male sitting right in front of me with a shocking expression.

 

The staring trance is soon broken with the guy who has brought me into the apartment standing in between us.

 

“Quick, do your job. Why are you standing here like a wooden log? I didn’t hire you to just stand here!”

 

“Huh?” When did he hire me?

 

“Flash your abs, do your routine, strip!”

 

“What?!”

 


 

I'm really ashame of my long absence... This should have been out for Sunggyu's birthday... 

The honeymoon period is over for my new job. My part time study is also requiring much of my time. Sorry to have neglected this story for the past months. If you are still waiting for and reading this story, I'm eternally grateful for your patience! Please make do with this short chapter for the time being.

I truely appreciate all comments so do kindly leave some even it is to scold me for my absence :p

p.s : I am beiginning to worry about Infinite's contract renewal. I really hope to see them perform together.