Chapter 1

Thy Neighbour

 

The faint singing of a rather familiar song floats through the kitchen windows, putting a smile on my face. It’s a recent hit on the radio and having heard it numerous times while commuting, I definitely prefer this version that I’m hearing now. Don’t get me wrong, the original singer has a good and powerful voice but I always find the song lacks something that I can’t pin point on. Now, I finally know what’s missing; the humane behind the emotions that the song portrays. You could grasp the unspoken feelings from the voice, almost seems like the person singing meant every single word that comes out from his mouth. It gives a totally different vibe to this popular song, making it more real, more touching.

 

And this adds to the list of thing I have learnt about the neighbour staying a storey below. The guy might be a singer, or at least has a voice that is better than many actual singers. It’s funny the number of things I know about him even though we are practically strangers. I have only moved in recently and we have never officially make acquaintance. But thanks to the good acoustic environment or bad sound proofing, depending on how you see it, I can hear things that are going on below most of the time especially from the kitchen. So what else do I know about him?

 

I know he likes guys and has a boyfriend, or used to have a boyfriend. The first day when I moved in, they had a huge quarrel which ended with the boyfriend leaving with loud banging of the door. Rock music soon resonate from the apartment that went on till late night. Needless to say, my first impression wasn’t good. I skipped his apartment when I went around doing self-introduction after I settled in. The loud music went on for a week, I had almost went down a couple of times, with the intention of lecturing him on his inconsiderate behaviour. The only thing that stopped me was the conversation I overheard in the lift the second day I was here. The two guys, who I presumed are his friends, were really concerned with his well-being after his break up with the cheating boyfriend. In the end, I decided to stay silent and gave the poor guy some time to recover.

 

Surprisingly, when the guy decides to stop being a rocker wannabe, the music that plays in the apartment below is really to my liking. So that’s another thing I concluded; bad judgement in boyfriend but pretty decent taste in music. I was really expecting some punk with all the loud music even though the landlord has assured me previously that everyone staying here are real nice. Of course nobody will spill dark secrets to the potential lessee; I weren’t so naïve to believe everything said. But it turns out that there might be more truth than I give credential for.

 

The day after the loud music stopped, I had come home on a rainy Saturday evening to find a paper bag outside my apartment. Just in case it’s a trap from my ingenious friends, who enjoy pranking on a daily basis, I took the broom from the utility room and gave the bag a push, while keeping as far away as possible. Nothing happened and I approached cautiously, taking a closer look and a quick peep into the paper bag. The inside contains two cupcakes with a note attached. Not letting my guard down completely, I carefully fished out the folded note and moved some distance away. Have to admit I was totally unprepared for the contents.

 

Hi,

Sorry you have to put up with my nuisance for the past week.

Please accept my apology.

 

Sunggyu

(Your noisy neighbour living below)

 

P.S : Hope you like cupcake & welcome to the apartment ^ ̮^

 

Thinking as I unlock my door with one hand and the paper bag in the other, my rocker neighbour now has a name. Sunggyu. And he might just really turn out to be a nice and sweet guy, like the cupcakes.

 


 

This otp diss each other alot but you often find them together in fancams. They always seems to have their own inside jokes or they are playing their own childish but real cute bowing game. So I actually really like this dumb and dumber couple :)

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your comments!

I miss Infinite! Please comeback soon!