Chapter 3

Thy Neighbour

 

After two weeks of absolute silence from the apartment below, I come home to music once again floating in from my kitchen window. Nothing loud and trashy but rather unique, something I’m not familiar with though, something like soft rock. I personally prefer hip hop but this doesn’t sound too bad. I would have gone down to meet my neighbour if not for smelling all stinky after hours of sweating dance practice. The meeting can wait, at least till tomorrow, when I’m presentable again.

 

I wake up to a bright Sunday morning, the only day in my week where I can finally have some time for myself. It would be really nice to lazy in the bed till the sun is fully up but I have things to do. Strangely, I have been craving for cupcakes and the few I had eaten simply couldn’t quench my thirst. The café near my apartment which I visited previously seems to have really decent desserts, so visiting the café is definitely on my to-do list for today. But first thing first, I’m going to pop by my long elusive neighbour’s place. Beside thanking him, I’m sure I can get him to reveal the shop where he bought the cupcakes also.

 

Disappointingly, history does have a way of repeating itself as I find myself standing outside the same unanswered door. It’s only ten plus in the morning but I already failed my first mission. Well, I guess my neighbour and I are just not destined to meet. I hope this isn’t going to be the trend for my whole day, cos I really need something tantalising sweet, preferably cupcakes, in my system soon. Now, ticking the second item on my to-do list will be my ultimate goal, even if I have to travel far and wide for it. But of course, I prefer to find what I need at the café down the road.

 

Business at the café is bustling with most tables occupied but luck is on my side as I manage to grab the last table, the same one near the entrance which I taken previously. This seating is perfectly fine for me as it faces the display rack and my eyes can feast on the enticing array of mouth-watering desserts. The single row of cupcakes immediately catches my attention looking so perfectly made. But it is also diminishing speedily before my eyes as the counter staff serves them out. I hurry to make my order and wait for heart splitting seconds for the cashier to confirm my order. Never in my life I am so happy when asked to pay up.

 

As soon as I seated myself back at my table, the kitchen curtain parts to reveal a totally drenched guy with flour sticking to most parts of his wet body. He probably can disguise himself as a snowman if we happen to be in winter. An unconventional stick figure type snowman even though he is nowhere as skinny but definitely far from the rounded snowman. Everyone, including me, could only looks on in astonishment. The first one to react is the cashier, but instead of helping the dripping male, he shouts into the kitchen.

 

“What do you think you are doing!”

 

The kitchen curtain parts again to reveal a tall, triumphantly smiling male.

 

“That is for leaving me with all the work for two weeks!”

 

“You idiot! Now he has to go home and who will do his job? You!”

 

The smile freezes on the tall male face, I guess he has never considered this aspect. A sudden burst of laughter erupts from inside the counter. The handsome counter staff is laughing hysterically, a bit too hysterically in my view. Is it really that funny? Giggles begins to follow, coming from other customers, after the initial shock. I feel the sides of my lips going up but the poor guy looks so pitiful as he grabs napkins from the counter to dry himself. He finally gives up and decides to just walk out of the café but not before leaving his statement.

 

“I will get you for this.”

 

With that, he walks out of the café leaving behind a now frighten looking tall male, an exasperate looking cashier, a still laughing hysterically counter staff and a café of giggling customers. Is it weird to say I find his leaving words memorising? I mean it supposed to be intimidating which obviously works judging by his perpetrator’s reaction, but it just appeals to me. I sincerely hope this is not because I have some secret masochistic tendency.

 

The café soon returns to normal after the dramatic episode, with the floor mopped clean of water and flour, of course by the committer himself, on edict of the cashier. My ordered items arrive soon, serve by the now impassive looking counter staff.

 

“You are really lucky.”

 

I look questionably at him, waiting for further explanation. He looks in the kitchen direction.

 

“That’s the last of our cupcakes for today since some dummy just send our chief patissier home. Cupcake is only made by hyung. I bet the dummy is regretting his action now since he has to make more of others.”

 

The last sentence is more like a mumble to himself as he walks away from my table. I turn my attention back to the cupcake, surprise at the knowledge that this little thing is made by the weirdly appealing guy whose face I didn’t even managed to see. I gently dip my spoon into the cupcake and scoop out the moist cake into my mouth.

 

That’s it. This is it. I finally found it.

 


A new chapter after half a year. Believe me, I'm really feeling remorsefull of my own behaviour. Much have been going on in my life. I have to look for a new job and my part time degree also started. I was a bit overwhelm with everything happening simultaneously, so I hope you readers will pardon the zero updates.

Finally, the two mains meet each other, ah... or somewhat meet... I hope nobody wants to kill me after reading this chapter since Sunggyu only appears like 3 seconds, ha ha ha... The supporting characters have more airtime than him... I think everyone probably guess who are they by now :p

As usual, looking forward to everyone's comments! Please leave me some ^^ 

@Deavea: My no.1 commenter, I like the love you show very much xD

@Ghad20 : I hope you are still reading this!

@MsTurtle: I seriously can't say which is my favorite ship since it changes constantly because of Sunggyu's actions......