Fright Night

さよならひとり

tumblr_o3508rMVoY1rd4f96o1_500.gif

 
 

Fright Night

Chapter 5

 

The first day for Taemin was quiet and a bit awkward. He had just kissed this girl a few montsh ago and hadn’t talked to her, much since then. Something stirred in him , but he forced it away and tended to his work and school career. Another month had passed, Taemin had been punctual about his work ethic, and Areum had always gave him pointers, even cooked him dinner every other day of the week. Well up until Taemin, asked her to teach him, where he would flirt. Them catching themselves in a moment of soft back hugging and reading of recipes, flour angels and teary eyes from “onion ninjas” as Areum called them. He had grown attached; but not to sure about how to express it to her.

 

Needing to protect her, and guard her feelings was a burden he gladly took on. He didn’t want the rumors that were going on about him after all these years, corrupting the character he had with her. He didn't want Areum to feel like she was tricked and not cared for, or not loved. He just had this big brother syndrome for her, but wanted to bite his tongue when he would ask if she liked anyone. He wanted her to say his name, to pop his bubble and envelope her arms around his neck; to get close enough for his heart to quiver from her sweet warm breath on his lips.

 

But all that left , was that her friend Kris, was taking her out tonight, and that she would have to close up shop, so that she could prepare. His heart sank, and absent mindedly he began to hate this man named Kris; although he didn’t know him. He just wanted to be the only name that left with a smile; the only one to make her feel good. Unknowingly, his face heated up, at the thought of her in a short and tight dress, showing off her supple curves and perky . The fantasies that flew through his head jaded him, from the hand snapping in front of him.

 

“ Do you have a fever?”

Looking at the bright eyed girl, “ no, but do you really have to go? I could take you out at night.”

“ Yes, I have to go, I haven’t seen him in a while and for once I don’t have homework that I can’t deal with.”

“Well... What are you going to do Where are you going?”

“Have a few drinks, and I honestly don’t know.” she jutted her lip out in deep thought, “ he actually didn’t tell me.”

A red flag went up in Taemin’s head, “ if you need help, please call me and-”

“ Why are you so worried?” she asked dumbfounded.

 

Taemin, got up and continued cleaning up, “ nightlife can get pretty toxic around her.” With that he left her, heading to the kitchen to retrieve the other cleaning tools. Areum smoothed her hair back and let it waterfall over her small face, before heading home to change.  She didn’t fully understand what he meant by toxic, as this was her first time going out at night and her second time drinking outside of her family events and comfort of her home. Her stomach fluttered in a depressing way; pushing it off, she continued getting ready.

 

“Everything will be okay.”

 

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS

 

Kris had taken her somewhere very far from where she lived, and in her short dress she seemed very out of place. The older men were looking her up and down, basically tasting her scent that she let off. It took Kris all of a few minutes to take in that she was uncomfortable. That was when he broke the news, and she honestly felt more awkward.

 

“I’m moving in a week. My mother needs proper care at the moment and I figured my last time seeing you could be fun and grown up.” he faintly smiles , giving her stunned self a drink.

“I could’ve just came over and helped you pack, we could’ve gone on a walk, to a movie to... to-”

 

She felt a bit betrayed and stranded, he was going to leave her and in such a short time. This was their last get together and he wanted it to count as a fun and memorable time. She felt uncomfortable of course, new environment, but if he wanted a fun time and a farewell; then she’d let him have it. To an extent.

 

“ Well then, let’s have fun! Make your last night here fun.” she exclaimed, downing her drink and pulling him to the dancefloor.

 

Laughing at him, as he didn’t really know how to dance, but that the two both had a weird way of moving and it wasn’t stiff and it wasn’t smooth either, but they matched well. The time on the lit up floor, lasted long, and it was time to put her feet up. Walking over to the bar, with him, the two sat there, making small conversation and casually drinking. Then, his phone rang, he told her he’d be right back, and left. She sat there, waiting for him and within five minutes, Kris had come back in the club.

 

“ I have to go, my mom called, and.”

Taking in his dull eyes, “ she needs you, so go. But keep in touch!” she yelled at him.

“ I promise, lil’ lady.” he smiled, leaning in to kiss her on her cheek.

 

He offered to take her home, but she refused, saying she needed to walk around a little bit, and that she’d call a cab to pick her up sooner or later. He frowned a bit, but she insisted he rush to his mother, who clearly mustn't have sounded swell; judging by the gloomy look in his eyes. One final kiss to her cheek and he left, in a hurry; as soon as he was gone, a few strange men approached her. Each very broad and tall , leaving her defenseless. She pulled out her phone quickly and called Taemin, who answered quickly.

 

“ Can you come pick me up?”

“Where are you?”

“In portland at”  she sent him a text, not wanting to alarm the men approaching.

“Why are you shaky?”

“Taem, please just come get me. I should’ve left with Kris.”

“ I’m on my way, sit tight.”

 

Taemin, had promised her that he would come straight to her immediately if she needed him. A part of her wished he was faster, and yet the men surrounded her. Looking down at her on the stool, as she received her bottled water and quickly consumed it. Covering her legs with her jacket, suddenly feeling exposed as the men bit their lips and smoothed their hair back. She looked at her phone as if a messaged popped up and to her disappointment, nothing. The men didn’t say anything, they just made kissy sounds and tried to impress her by their “charm”. But she only wanted Taemin at this time, and so she waited patiently; but she opened .

 

“ I’m not interested, so please leave me alone.”

“ I don’t care,” the shorter of the two leaned in, “ I have watched you for a bit in here, fresh meat.”

 

She swallowed her sticky saliva, and crossed her legs, dialing his number in her phone again; he picked up after the third ring and she almost cried when she heard his voice. Soft and silky, as it reassured her she was okay.

 

“ Are you here ? I am really uncomfort-”

“I am here, where are you?” she heard the familiar thudding of bass behind him. “Found you.”

 

Her heart lept out of her chest almost, as she saw the tsundere man slicing his way through the crowd towards her. She grabbed her things and ran to him, linking her arms around his shoulders, teary eyed and shaking.  Hugging her back, he asks her if she has all her things, and starts to quickly guide her to the exit, when a guy pulls his hood off and proceeds to catch the crowd's attention.

 

“What are you doing here? Taemin” he spits his name at him.

“ Let’s go Areum” sensing the problem, he pulls her with him.

 

The tall man from before,  revives the fake fight, “ looks like you have a stunning . How much you pay for her?” Taemin , kept walking with her firmly gripped. But the guy insists. “ Are you going to abuse her like you did your last one?” Taemin grew rigid and turned around, “ Shut the up!” Areum’s eyes grew large, as she beheld a rigid looking man beside her.  Her mind couldn’t comprehend what just happened, and what did he mean by and abuse, last one?

 

“She is not a , I do not abuse women and I don’t seek violence.”

“ ” the guy downed a shot and took a few steps.

“ Taemin please, take me home.” Areum pulled on his leather coat.

Taemin tightened his jaw and pushed Areum behind him, “ I will take as many hits as you wish; but I will not hit you back for the sake of a pity fight.”

“ Oh really, so now i’m pathetic? Says the guy that everyone hates, little rich boy with problems grow up.”

“ I have problems I admit it, who wouldn’t in a life where lies become fact about you. But I will not allow you to dehumanize this woman. So apologize.”

 

The tall guy laughed, seeing he had the majority of the crowd around the exit watching. The typical jerk from high school that belittles people and because he has a few drinks he is king of the hill. To Taemin people like him were irrelevant, but the anger stilled in him, behind the douche calling Areum a and assuming that Taemin abused his last girl friend.

 

“Taemin let's go please.” he turned to her, “ please don’t run from me,” he whispered quietly to her. Getting a confused look from Areum.

 

The tall guy swung, and Taemin stumbled a bit, readying himself, the man swung again, his range close, quick and yet disconnected. Taemin connected his punch quickly and precisely, the latter stumbled and Taemin took a knee to his face, dropping the guy.

 

“ She is a woman, not a piece of meat! Go back to your dump where you belong,” he rubbed his jaw and spit, “trash!” he snarled.

 

Turning back to Areum, her eyes large and quivering, he felt all normality leave him and he became vulnerable. Feeling like he wasn’t allowed to touch her or talk to her, he faintly whispered, “ let’s go” to her and kept his hands in his pockets as she followed him from behind. Once in the car she reached over and removed his hair from his face, running her thumb against his swollen and busted lip.

 

“ You’re bleeding and it is all my fault. “

“ No!” he exclaimed hitting his steering wheel.

Recoiling from him, she teared up, “ Can I stay with you?”

He turned to look at her dumbfounded, “ why?”

“My parents are out of town, and Kris is gone and well I feel safe with you. So please.”

Unwilling to hurt her, “ yes” he replied, driving to his empty home.

“Thank You.”

 

Fright Night

 

Unlocking the door, and letting her make herself at home in his family’s home. Heading to the restroom for the first aid so he could stop the bleeding of his lip and control the bruising on his forehead, that was also bleeding from the ring that was wearing. Areum made her way to where he was and took the wipe, pulled his hair back and dabbed a bit before really rubbing the dried blood away. He winced and grunted, but took it, knowing she meant well. Seeing her in a tight dress outside of his fantasies , made his pants tighter as the seconds went by.

 

She helped him clean his lip and bandaged it for him, her breathing hitched when she looked into his piercing brown orbs. The fire in them was full blossom and it turned her on. Biting her bottom lip internally on her urges, after thinking about what the unconscious dude at the bar said. Wondering if it was too personal to ask him about it. She threw the bloodied bandages away and made her way to the den or something that looked like that. Taemin followed her, knowing damn well why she just ran from him.

 

“ I was in a relationship with my ex , for about five years. We were what people called a power couple; perfect for selfies and magazine covers. I never liked her... I didn’t love her. She was the woman my father and mother picked suitable for me. Only because of what she looked like and because I was their promising son. One day, I cracked and got drunk at a bar, I vomited , and out. When I woke up it was all over the news. Can you imagine?”

 

He walked over to the nearest wall and leaned against it, taking a deep breath.

 

“ One day, she stopped nagging me, and all the using stopped, before I knew it we were done. I thought finally, she is out of my life; but within a month, she posted a photo of bruises, and cuts. Without notifying me, and said her ‘boyfriend had thrown a tantrum and that he was a drunkard and belligerent. ‘ I was suffocated in accusations , near damn arrested and everyone had begun to hate me and this lie, all because I didn’t reciprocate her feelings, because I never cared for her on an intimate level. Everyone hates me.

 

“ But you’re not like that!” Areum, exclaimed.

 

“ How would you know!” he snapped back. Banging his fist against the wall and pressing his forehead against it. “ All because I never reciprocated her emotions, and I ignored her. She finally left me alone, and now these rumors and all this hate comes from dumb photos on her instagram that went viral because people knew we were together. They never once thought, that she was seeing my father behind close doors when my mom was out of town. They never ing asked, if the bruises were real! Never asked if I was okay! NEVER ASKED!”

 

Areum, was tense when she ran her hand down his back, wrapping around his torso and leaning her head against his back. She couldn’t understand how people could be so cruel how, he was this vulnerable and if he didn’t care about her why he was with her for so long. Or why he was this hurt about a woman he didn’t care about. Taemin sniffed, and wiped his eyes, turning around, looking at her.

 

“ I feel , so different when I am with you. You make me happy, and every day is a bright and warm day. When I kissed you back, I couldn’t understand what that feeling was, but a few months went by and you. I want you, I like you and I love you. But you’ll probably leave me, now that you know just how messed up my life is. I don’t want you to be a target for people. I don’t-”

 

“ Shut up!” she exclaimed faintly,” just shut up.” leaning up to reach his lips, she looked into his eyes, “ It is not your burden what people think of me, and if I make you happy and you make me happy then we are set. Let’s just make this relationship work. Now shut up, and-” she pecked his lips, “ i’m going to make you dinner, and then we are going to watch a movie and cuddle like cliche couples do on showtime.” she whispered, onto his lips in a demanding tone, kissing him fully this time. Giggling a little bit, at his attempt to hold her face and kiss back, even though she was leaning on him.

 

Taemin had nothing else to say, but he wanted to make her happy, he wanted to make her feel good. Let her know what he meant by saying he loved her and that she would someday say the same to him. She would replace those hurtful four years with his ex , to bright and harmonious ones. Even now as he kissed her he could feel his heart flutter, and all his chakras open in pure bliss. He wanted to be consumed by her love, and fully reciprocate it for her.

 
 


A/N : Sorry it has been a while, I actually got sick the other day and quickly sat down at 3 am to write this whole chapter. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you think.