sym·pa·thy

さよならひとり

 

sym·pa·thy

Chapter 4

 

The parking lot was nearly empty, once the two parked. Having being late in the day, it was also a holiday, labor day; the day of barbeques and massive sales. Running into the store, she cut a left and disappeared around aisle 3; searching the various whites sauces, with a swipe of a slender finger. “I’m going to just make it, look at these prices” , she scrunched her nose and furrowed her brows, preparing to gather the noodles and flour.  Looking at her list on her galaxy, with her stylus, she drew a line through the ingredient. Smiling as she got closer to the end of the list, and relatively good on money too.

 

Cutting out the bread crumbs, seeing it was relatively strange for this occasion. Blushing ,from embarrassment, “ Pasta is too intimate,” she mumbled, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. With her hand basket, she walked to the checkout and immediately to the self checkout. Pulling out her wallet, swiping her membership card followed by the items. Tapping the screen, preparing to purchase, a bagging mishap occurred. Waiting for the person in charge of the machines, to fix it; she took a jolly slow time.

 

That’s when, he walked in, Taemin stood down the short way ; skimming, until his piercing brown eyes found her. A faint smile on his face, he walked over to her; the slow woman, suddenly had fire under her . Taemin reached Areum first, and looking at the screen, scowled at the person on their shift. Pulling his wallet out, he pulled out cash and grabbed the bagged food. Nodding his head in the direction of the exit. “ Come on, she’ll clear it when she takes her job seriously;” faintly chuckling , Areum grabbed his arm , and walked with him to his car.

 

Once outside, he put the food in the back, and opened the door for her; as she sat down, it hit her. Mumbling, “ I just, we just, skinship,” Taemin entered the car and and looked at Areum. His eyes gentle, and a bit of a smile showing, he pulled his hair back, making a bun. Turning the car on, he looked at her again, “ where too?” , looking brightly into his eyes, “the restaurant.” He chuckled a bit, checking ongoing traffic before backing out and heading on the way.

 

Looking out the window,“ why did you come in the store?”

Eyes on the road, “ you are really asking me, why I paid? But I came in the store, because you were gone for long. Plus I saw someone sketchy walk in and it didn’t seem right.”

Blushing a bit, “ then why did you pay? I have to pay you back now.”

Chuckling, clicking the seat warmer on , on her side. “ Because , you ran so far , and I felt bad for being extra cold to you.” Pulling into the driveway of the restaurant, parking, “ This just means, i’ll see you more than just at work.”

 

Turning her attention to him, she smiled and blushed; he was smirking, eyes rich with charm and cheekbones that knocked on her heart’s grand door.   Unlocking the door, she gathered the ingredients from the backseat, and ran into the restaurant. Immediately pinning her hair up so she could cook, and calm her heartbeat.

 

 

🍝

Sympathy

 

While the noodles are being cooked, Areum, heats a skillet and adds oil and garlic, with a bit of onion on medium heat; stirring and flipping as the skillet gets hotter. While watching the noodles and the skillet, she then grabs a bowl, after adding the flour and vegetable broth, she beings whisking it together. Pulling another pan out, once the broth has been well mixed, she transfers the broth into the warm pan; making sure to watch until the broth boils, continuously whisking, for even distribution. Meanwhile she taste a noodle, “ not ready yet, a few more minutes.” Stirring the onions, garlic and olive oil; turning the heat down, she begins to add spinach to the broth, reducing the heat and stirring until the spinach is wilted.

 

Taking the noodles off the heat, turning the heat off on both the broth and sauce; she pours the broth in first, stirring for about a minute, making sure everything is covered. Seasoning with a taste of salt, pepper and parsley, pulling out two plates, grabbing and rinsing the tongs, she scoops some of the noodles. Placing the bunch, in the center of the white square plate, drizzling the oil, onion and garlic mix on top. Smiling at her finished meal, she prepares her plate and walks it out to the hungry Taemin. Smiling at him, she pulls out some wine glasses, and heads back to the table.

 

“ Don’t eat yet, I have to see your expression!” she smiled, and excitedly runs to the back.

Exhaling, “ ah, she must really be proud of this meal, it sure smells nice too.” His stomach growls.

She returns, “ Frascati , to go with this meal.”

“ Nice choice” he smiled, watching her sit before him, after pouring both glasses. “ Shall we?”

“Go ahead,” she watched him take the first bite.

He finished tasting the food, and reached for his wine glass, “ Delicious, I can taste your hard work,” sipping the wine, “ wah, this really is a good choice.”

Blushing openly, “thank you a lot! Eat up.”

 

An hour passed, the two had finished eating, and tended to the dishes; finishing off their wine, and making small conversation. At first the small chat, was vague and awkward; but as he complimented her on dinner, she opened more. Smiling brightly now, his eyes in crescents, she openly commented him; blushing and turning back to her glass.  He laughed, and sipped himself, the energy, awkward again. Breaking it Areum, turned back to him; a puzzling expression on her face.

 

“ What? “ he asked, resting his hand beside his wine glass.

Sipping her final sip, she puckered her lips to speak, “ You are nothing like those rumors.”

“Oh really” , he finished his glass, and crossed his leg over the other.

Humming, “ you are handsome, easy to talk to, exciting and mysterious. But although the rumor is true a bit. You are not a bad influence. I quite like you, this way.”

Scoffing, taking the glasses to the kitchen, “ must be the wine.”

Walking over to him, “ it has nothing- maybe a little to do with the wine. But i’m being honest.”

 

Washing, drying and hanging the glasses, he turned towards her. The expression and body language, caught Taemin off guard, bashful and .  He attempted to walk back to the table, she blocked him; stepping closer. His heart dropped to his balls, and sprang into his throat; this intimate setting, and the level of peace, made her glow. Leaning in, she wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him warmly; he was tense, but soon relaxed. Hugging her back, breaking the hug, walking to his seat; checking the time.

 

“It’s getting late, maybe we should.”

Back hugging him, “ why are you so scared of feeling something?”

Unlinking her hands, “ let’s just say, really bad breakup and bad luck.”

Taking his phone, placing it on the table, she looked in his eyes, “ I don’t believe in bad luck that much.”

Reaching for his phone, “ but you believe in it.”

Leaning in, quiet moan from him, pulling back, “ I don’t fear it, only learn from it.”

 

He stared at her, his face being held in her small warm hands. Pulling her hands away, by the wrists; grabbing his phone and walking to the coat rack. Not sure if she should go after him or stay put.  “Taemin! Wait!” she ran out into the night rainfall, after him. Running around to the front of him, the rain falling heavily; tiptoeing , on his bottom lip. He lowered his jacket from above, slowly linking his warm arms around her waist. His hands, holding onto her as his lips parted, for a deeper kiss. at Areum’s bottom lip, parting her lips, he leaned in more, noses smashed against each others and the sounds of broken kisses snapping in the cold air. Pulling back, the two shivering, “ we should go our ways now.” Looking up at him,  she spoke softly, “ can you drive me home then?” with a small chuckle and a shiver, he hugged her tightly, “ yep, but don’t blame me if you catch a cold.”  Laughing , she balled his shirt in her fists, letting it go as the cold rainwater stiffened her joints.  Pecking his lips, and chin, running inside to lock it up and gather her belongings.  Thanking the lord, for her cooking ability and the wine; without this, she wouldn’t have done it, or would she have.  

 

 

 


A/N : This chapter is short! I am working on a few other chapters for this story, so bare with me :) Please leave comments though, this motivates me to keep updating. 

Other updates, I am editing sharp kisses and writing the sequel! I should have some chapters out for "Sinner" soon! Please stay tune ^^