赤 (RED)

さよならひとり

 

tumblr_oesbiqeo2Y1rm9kjpo1_500.gif

Chapter 9

 

The ski resort was the highlight of this vacation; besides taking time to tease each other. Ahreum had never been skiing before; so she was anxious. Taemin squeezed her shoulders and kissed the top of her head; trying his best to calm her jitters down. It helped a little bit but, she continued to show signs of doubt. Taemin chuckled a bit, Ahreum blinked, and he whispered words of encouragement into her ear.

 

“I’m here with you, baby”.

“Who you calling, baby?”

 

With that subtle rebuke, she took off; as slow as a turtle. Taemin remained somewhat close to her, in case any trouble came her way. Newbies have that freedom, but sometimes people are s. Just as he thought of someone being an ; it was as if Satan himself manifested.

 

“Look out” Taemin exclaimed, pressing into the deep snow harsher.

 

He watched in shock, as the guy came at a fast speed, almost as if he was a blur and skated around Areum. He laughed and cycled back; Taemin was angered now. He wanted to yell at the guy and show just how horrible his temper could get. But while he turned his focus to the now stopped Areum; he felt a warmth that eased him along.

 

Skiing towards her, he began to slow his speed but tripped and rolled down the slope, as Areum screamed in pain the kid from before had caused. Unclicking the buckles on his gear, he quickly got up and ran unevenly in the deep snow to the crying Areum. The kid, just sat there looking at her; some emotion showed on his face although what it was, wasn’t readable.

 

Taemin, quickly asked what was wrong and then asked the culprit once Areum complained about her leg. The latter was fine, but he immediately tried to run, when Taemin turned his focus to his woman. Taemin grabbed the kid by his collar and told him he was to apologize and pay for all that happened. The latter stuttered and nodded his head in agreement. Areum reached for Taemin, who carried her bridal style along with his gear and the guy who caused all of this. They went to the front, and later to the hospital.



 

⊱ ⊰


 

Areum’s tears stopped and she was rather calm, probably from the narcotic they gave her as a means to aid her through the broken bone repair. The kid from earlier had left once everything was paid, he apologized and said he wouldn't tease people like that for fun again. Taemin got checked for injuries and came up with a broken finger and a wrist sprain from his fall. He then took her to the cabin and kept apologizing.

 

She kissed his head, from her wheelchair and hopped to his lap. Holding his plushy face in her hands, searching his eyes for his anguish. Giving him a quick kiss, before fluffing his hair and pinching the bridge of his nose. She lay in his lap, hugging him and telling him he didn’t need to apologize, the trip was so much fun.

 

He was still upset, but when he looked at her and her composure, he calmed down and returned the embrace. Kissing her cheek, and smiling as she turned his face to kiss him fully on the lips.

 

“You know, we don’t have to end the mini-vacation, and I still want to be alone with you. This is quite a comfortable setting and I like that you’re vulnerable with me.”

Chuckling, “ you mean a lot to me, and insert cheesy phrase here. But seriously if you don’t want to head home now, we can go to the indoor aquarium tomorrow and then spend the rest maybe holding each other and watching all sorts of movies?”

“Sounds like a plan!” Areum replied giddily.

 

He carried her to the room, and crawled into the bed with her,  planning to end the day with an ordered pizza and horror movies. But ended up with her breathing softly on his chest, exhausted from the long day and narcotics. He swore to her before she went to sleep, that he would, protect her and love her no matter what. But she chuckled, called him dramatic and yet after that accepted his promises; before his body heat and soft yet firm chest bid her goodnight. His heartbeat subtle and warm to her ear.

 

“I’ll see you in the morning baby”.


 



AN: Short but sweet. I have the next few chapters planned and in drafts at the moment. I randomly got my inspiratin back so i'll be here shortly. Thanks for your patience!