More Revelations

Handcuffed Love

Choi Seung-hyun’s POV

ARGH. WORK.THE.MUSCLES, you dubu.  *Kkolsanaun babo.  If you want to beat that guy who has surprisingly accurate shooting skills, work harder.  Just concentrate on the wrath boiling inside of you and lift the weights.  Lift the weights to feel the abs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kwon Ji-yong’s POV

GULP. *swallows saliva*  That Choi Seung-hyun was practicing in the gym.  AGAIN.  What was wrong with that guy, taking the shootout so seriously!  Don’t think he had even left the gym since dinner just now.  It’s almost dawn and he still has yet to rest.  Weirdo.  Aigoo, I’ll just go and sink into my wonderful bed now, dreaming about my poor Gaho who is probably missing me right now. *sheds exaggerated tears emotionally*  Note to self: Use various emotions to add melodramatic effects to make myself even more attractive in front of the female cadets.  Hehe, I’m not ALL that dumb now, am I?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning,

“Cadets, fall back!” Commander Kang’s harsh voice bellowed and broke the tranquility of dawn.  It was 5.30 in the morning and the entire cohord had to drag their shagged bodies out of the comfort of their beds.  Well, as comfy as the bunk beds in the quarters could provide, that is.  All the poor cadets looked groggy with their half-open eyes above sagging eye bags and the constant drool everywhere around their gaping mouths.  “Yah, greenhorns!  Tsk.” Commander Kang muttered under his breath.  There was a sense of disgust in his voice.  These new batch of police officers-in-training were obviously not accustomed to the unusual hours.  Choi Seung-hyun and Kwon Ji-yong were no different, either. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Choi Seung-hyun’s POV

5.30am!  Seriously, there must be something wrong with Commander Kang if he does not get panda eyes like the rest of us.  Aish, whatever.  Just concentrate on keeping those eyes open, Seung-hyun.  Today’s the day to make that Kwon Ji-yong or whatever his name is regret his actions yesterday.  *evil grins*

__________________________________________________________________________________________

“Every one of you, listen up!  Each one of you will take turns to jump over those tires alternately, crawl under that net, run to that pole, swing to that end, make it out through that mud, pick up a gun and aim for the target before finally running back to this very point.  ALL CLEAR?”  The instructions were given out and the cadets in Commander Kang Chang-won’s platoon lined up for the intense obstacle course. 

Choi Seung-hyun and Kwon Ji-yong were too preoccupied with thoughts of losing out to the other to notice the slight smile plastered on their commander’s face.  The stress from each other was obviously positive and effective in their performance. 

Speaking the obvious, the two were the best performing cadets in the whole of Commander Kang’s platoon.  Both scored a bullseye and managed to complete the course with nanoseconds in comparison to the other party’s timing.  Commander Kang Chang-won was more than satisfied after this feast for his eyes and dismissed the platoon early yet again. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

After lunch,

The platoon was broken up into two teams as expected.  Choi Seung-hyun’s team made their way to the gym, apparently to ‘toughen up’.  On the other hand, Kwon Ji-yong’s team started their practice at the shooting range, where Ji-yong was happy to be the leader for once.  While all of these were happening, Commander Kang Chang-won was having a whale of a time boasting to his colleagues about his two best training officers.  That week was indeed, going to be awesome.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

At the other end of the world, (or something like that)

“Jin-ae!  Come join me for lunch!  I want you to meet your cousin!” It was a miracle to see such an old man squeal like a teenage girl fan-girling over her Korean idols when he was delighted, literally.  She gave up polishing her AK47 rifle and obeyed him, as always.  Well, she had to.  After all, he was her savior.  Just think… without him, there wouldn’t be the Park Hyun-hee today.  Or as he preferred to call her by, Hwang Jin-ae.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

*FLASHBACK*

It was a dark and stormy Friday night, quite unlike those nice weather situations you read in fairytales which hardly EVER happen in real life.  He was taking a leisurely stroll in the park after a heavy seafood dinner at the bistro nearby.  It was roughly 20 years ago.  Yes, it had been that long since his fulfilling stroll had been interrupted by the cry of a baby not far away.  Yes, it had been that long since he made a decision that would change his life from then on.  Yes, it had been that long since he followed the wails of the baby and found himself in front of the most beautiful sight he had ever saw.

Well, he was young then – a perky lad full of vigor in his early twenties.  Wandering in the park after receiving the most heartbreaking news turned out to be a blessing in disguise. 

Just a while ago, he was at the hospital.  Outside the operation theatre.  Then, the light turned off and his other half was wheeled out.  Filled with anxiety and worry, he braced himself for the sight in front of him.  It turned out to be a right choice since it was a gory sight.  His wife, lay expressionless and motionless amidst the mixture of sweat, tears and blood.  The doctor came out soon after but there was no good news from him.  Bad news and worse news, to be exact.  Not only had his wife suffered a miscarriage, his beloved soul mate destined to spend the rest of his life together with him passed away too.  That was the heart wrenching news.  The just wedded couple who was lucky enough to have a baby was broken up like that.  Not even given a chance to start a family.    

However, his luck seemed to take a turn for the better when he met HER.  In a cardboard box, she slept.  He was taken aback by her mesmerizing eyes and her tiny nose, adding on to the fact that she had an adorable little mouth and a whole head of hazel hair.  She was beautiful.  She looked just like how he pictured his unborn daughter would look like – captivating and attracting in many ways.  She was wrapped in a light pink cloth and had a birth certificate attached.  It read: Park Hyun-hee.  He looked around but no one seemed to be paying attention to this fine treasure he caressed in his arms.  “Well then, I shall call you Hwang Jin-ae because you’re the treasure I took so long to find.”  He said with a smile as he hugged the sleeping infant back home with a smile.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to the present,

“Jin-ae, I’m not sure if you remember him from your childhood.  He went abroad to study for many years and just returned to Korea.  The moment he landed in Incheon Airport, he took a cab straight here to meet you.  Do you recognize him?”  The mystery man, also known as Hwang Chul-moo introduced. 

“Annyeong.”  Park Hyun-hee turned her head in the direction of the voice. 

“You… what are you doing here?!”

 

 

*Kkolsanaun babo = clumsy fool in Korean

******************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys(:  Decided to update before I go on a very long hiatus):  but anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I had fun writing it :D  I think I watch too much dramas :O  Thanks to LuvCandiie for helping me figure out this chapter by telling me to lose my seriousness :P  Hope this chapter's nicer! :DD  Once again, comments are deeply appreciated :DD