Secret Unveiled

Handcuffed Love

Beneath the scorching hot sun, one would be able to witness a sea of green from a bird’s eye view.  Zoom in closer to see the majestic-looking Korea National Police University standing tall with all its prowess.  The white-washed building was spectacular, firm and strong with the national flag of Korea flying high at the peak.  It was an extraordinary sight, built specifically for the heroes of tomorrow.  The building was broken up into various departments and the entire ground floor acted as the foundation to groom the wannabe cadets into future leaders.  There, directly facing the front of the building itself, was the most gruesome battlefield ever.  It was no ordinary battlefield.  It was a battlefield not against others, but rather the only worthy opponent of one’s self.  The battlefield was formed from sweat, tears and blood.  Sweat, tears and blood soon to be of the new generation of police officers.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

“I pledge to uphold justice at any given time and place by adhering to the police code of conduct.  I pledge to serve the people wholeheartedly and ask for nothing in return.”  Oaths were taken and it officially marked the first day of training.  Voices bellowed and shook the entire building literally, for nobody was sure what this young batch of police officers would bring to the citizens. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kang Chang-won’s platoon

“NOW FOR ALL YOU YOUNG CADETS OUT THERE, I’M GOING TO WARN YOU THAT THESE NEXT FEW WEEKS WILL NOT BE EASY.  THESE NEXT FEW WEEKS WILL BE FILLED WITH PAIN, BLOODSHED AND TEARS.  THESE NEXT FEW WEEKS WILL BE GRUESOME BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT.  FOR THOSE WHO ARE FAINT IN THE HEART, I SUGGEST YOU GET OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THESE NEXT FEW WEEKS ARE GOING TO BE PURE TORTURE.  THE REST OF YOU WILL BE A TEAM.  ARE WE CLEAR?”

A deep voice rang out, seemingly acting as an alarm clock to wake and alert the naïve cadets who cannot withstand torture their now shattered dreams.  Some winced but chose to stay on for the glorifying post.  “Yes sir!”   The timid ones squeaked a weak reply, though apparently not convincing enough to Commander Kang Chang-won.  “I CAN’T HEAR YOU.  ONCE AGAIN, ARE WE CLEAR?”  He boomed.  “YES SIR!”  “Very well then.  Hana, dul, set!  Let the training begin!”
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kwon Ji-yong’s POV

Well, that was harsh.  Harsh enough to break my ‘fragile-and-broken-twice heart’ once again.  *stifles a cry* Have to resist urge to cry.  BE A MAN JI-YONG.  Note to self: Have to read more man magazines to bring out my inner ‘beast’.  *grins* However deep inside of me it is. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Choi Seung-hyun’s POV

I guess this was it.  This WAS it.  My first step to being a high-ranking police officer like the rest of my family.  I could not let them down now.  No, not at this point of time. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile,

“You’ve not been practicing.  Even for a day, it is obvious.”  A man roughly around 43 years of age stood at the window, staring out at nature’s beautiful sights.  He was clad in a complete suit of black, contradicting his head of white hair.  Underneath those ever twitching eyebrows filled with unease were a pair of eyes like that of a tiger’s – forever eyeing its prey to ensure his own safety.  True, he may seem like a man of decent background, what with the suit and the tie.  However, his tattoo on the back of his neck showed when he twitched and the vein was distinct as he was filled with rage.  He extinguished the flame on the end of his cigar and crushed it underneath his polished leather shoes imported from Italy.  He turned around to reveal a wrought face, a wrought face full of displeasure.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

“I’m sorry.  Sorry for disappointing you yet again.”  Her face spelled regret over.  She looked up from fiddling with her pocket knife the instant he showed displease.  She too, was dressed in black.  The only difference was that she was dressed akin to an exterminator – in a bulletproof vest and tights, various weapons within arm’s reach.  Behind her stood two of her minions, ready for duty at her beck and call.  The mystery man eased up when he saw her tensed face and attempted to smile as genuine a smile as his icy cold lips could allow.  “I trust you put in your best effort.  Now, you see that deer out in the woods?  Look out through the window and you’ll see it.  Do what you have to do.”  His orders came out hard and firm, even though he was relaxed less than a minute ago.  These things came naturally to him; he could not help it.  “Yes sir.  I will.”  That was her reply as she unholstered her gun and aimed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

BANG!  The bullet went through the target completely.

Choi Seung-hyun’s POV

Yes! Nailed it. *smiles happily inside*

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kwon Ji-yong’s POV

Woah what was with that emo-looking guy!  He was the first cadet out of all the others to nail a bullseye.  Wow I must have totally gotten a wrong impression of this guy.*gazes at Choi Seung-hyun with admiring gaze* He glares back at me as a result.  Note to self: Stop acting like a girl, Kwon Ji-yong!  Be strong!  I convinced myself and let out a victory cry to boost my self-confidence.  People start staring at me like I’m weird or something.  Hello, what is wrong with a little self-encouragement?  I noticed the commander snicker.  I’ll show him what I’m worth!  Just look straight, aim and…

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kang Chang-won’s POV

OMG. *jaw drops* That clumsy looking guy actually nailed the target!  Was I dreaming or dreaming?  That did it.  My two best cadets out of the platoon just emerged.  Kwon Ji-yong and Choi Seung-hyun… this ought to be good.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Choi Seung-hyun’s POV

Wait a second… did he just hit the target in one shot?  But…but I was supposed to be the only one who could do that!  How did he…ARGH.  *glares angrily at Kwon Ji-yong* Just look at him.  I’m disgusted.  Wipe that grin off your face, dude.  I am going to beat you in everything else.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

“Well, that was unexpected.  This training just became more interesting.  Since everybody did a splendid job today, you all can rest early and return to your quarters.  Report back here in the field at 5.30am tomorrow morning, we’ll be going through an obstacle course devised to test both your wits and strength.  Oh and one more thing before you go.  Half of you follow Choi Seung-hyun.  The other half?  Kwon Ji-yong’s your leader.  You will be training with your respective team heads the rest of the week to prepare for an epic shooting battle next Monday.  Stay focused.  That will be all.  DISMISSED!”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

At the canteen having dinner,

“Good job, Ji-yong!”  “Awesome shot, dude!  Seung-hyun in the house!”  Both teams were busy cheering for their leaders and the canteen was already bustling with rumours as to who would emerge victorious.  Kwon Ji-yong was happy, nonetheless, for he was receiving the praise he craved so much for.  Choi Seung-hyun, on the other hand, was not that pleased.  He was steaming on the inside.  Angry at Kwon Ji-yong for stealing his limelight and attention from Commander Kang and fellow platoon mates. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kwon Ji-yong’s POV

Hah!  So much for being the Teacher’s Pet!  I am just as awesome! *egos* Note to self: I finally have something to be proud of!  Wait… why is that emo-looking guy walking over here?  Walking and staring daggers at me simultaneously?  I am scared.  *winces* “LOOK. JUST BECAUSE YOU BEAT ME TODAY DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL BEAT ME FOREVER.  I’LL SHOW YOU WHAT I MEAN DURING THE BATTLE NEXT MONDAY.  DON’T SAY I DIDN’T WARN YOU.”  I watched as Choi Seung-hyun, leader of the opponent team strode off in the direction of the indoor gym.  There was only one way to respond to this threat… GULP.

 

 

 

******************************************************************************************************************************

Hey all(:  Terribly sorry for the 6 month long hiatus :O  Was busy and couldn't figure a way to start this chapter.  Well, I did at last(:  Hope you like it :D  Once again, comments are deeply appreciated.