Beginning To It All

Handcuffed Love

 

45 years ago…

 

Choi Seung-hyun’s POV

I was overwhelmed with emotions when the gates were pushed open.   I mean seriously… was I dreaming?  This cannot be real.  I was ACTUALLY standing in front of the Police Training Academy.  Finally, for the first time in my life, I felt genuinely elated.  Of course I was happy!  It had been my childhood ambition to become a well-known police officer.  Known through out Korea for my excellent performance, or well, just enough to scare off the criminals.  As I stepped into the academy, my eyes widened.  Literally.  Everywhere I turned, there were policemen clad in freshly ironed uniforms with muscles bulging.  ALL of them looked like bodybuilders or male models advertising some brand of gym equipment because seriously, they were HUGE.  They basically towered over me like nobody’s care in the world.  Which I sort of got used to. 

My family came from a long line of police officers.  My great-great-great (*insert the biggest number you can think of here*) grandfather all the way to my father.  Even my grandmother was in the force!  Well, the more important guy I want to talk about is my father.  He was the one who inspired me to be a police officer in the first place, not just because I was expected to follow the family’s tradition because I was an only child.  My father was a noble man.  He often talked about all those things any young boy my age (I was around 7 then) would drool about – being a spy.  Oh yes, my father went on and on about the secret spy gear and the undercover work.  Man it was cool.  From then on, I was inspired to become a police officer.  To do my family proud and to live my father’s legacy. 

Anyway, I sidetracked.  Back to the academy.  I was bewildered by the scene that unveiled before my very eyes.  A scene I only dared to dream of and never really thought would come true. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Alright, young cadets!  Get to your bunks, unpack your things and assemble back here in 5 minutes!”   A deep voice bellowed, breaking Choi Seung-hyun’s train of thoughts.  It was the commander of his platoon, a tall and burly man with a tanned skin tone.  From afar, he looked like one of those bouncers outside a celebrity party to prevent normal people from entering if not for his uniform. 

“Yes sir!”  There was a tinge of excitement and unbelief in the voices of the greenhorns.  Clearly, this was a more enthusiastic batch than last year’s.  The cadets marched back to their separate rooms in an orderly manner, obviously trying to impress the commanders.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kwon Ji-yong’s POV

Okay.  Let me get this straight.  THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY VERY FIRST DAY IN THE POLICE TRAINING ACADEMY!!!  Oh my gosh, it is kind of hard to believe that after all the mockings by foolish people who do not understand me at all, I F-I-N-A-L-L-Y made it!  Man I could open a champagne and celebrate right now.  Shoots, I am talking to myself again.  Note to self: Stop talking to me so I can stop talking to you!  If not Gaho’s going to remain as my only friend because other ignorant people think I am weird…   Control yourself Ji-yong! (Gaho is Ji-yong’s pet dog)

Just walk over there calmly and say hi to the emo-looking guy over there.  Yes, keep going.  You are doing a great job, Ji-yong!  *Have to resist urge to pat myself on the shoulder*

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Choi Seung-hyun’s POV

I was busy loading my luggage into the metal closet beside my bed when this person walks over.  He looks…amiable?  I HATE AMIABLE PEOPLE.  They just go around and make friends so easily they steal away my limelight.  That is why I have to maintain the ‘cool guy’ look so that females will be attracted to me like a magnet, smooth and easy. 

“Hi.  My name’s Kwon Ji-yong, what’s yours?”  There was this super chirpy voice buzzing beside my ear.  One word to describe it – annoying, like a fly.  Did I mention I hate chirpy voices?

“The name’s Choi Seung-hyun.”  I muttered.  Do not get confused, the only reason I did that was to get him to go away; I was not trying to make friends with him or anything. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kwon Ji-yong’s POV

“The name’s Choi Seung-hyun.”  Whoa I mean, must he come down so harsh on me like that?  I just met him and here he comes, breaking my fragile heart already?  Another note to self: Stop exaggerating things.  It was the first time anyone’s ever given me the cold shoulder; obviously I was heartbroken!  I should have guessed… What did I think I could expect from this emo guy in the first place?  Well, whatever it is that came over me, I had no time to think about it.  Why?  Because…

“BEEEEEEEEEP!”  A shrilling whistle resonated all over the dormitory rooms.  “Fall back!”  The commander’s low voice boomed again once more.  Without a second to lose, the entire platoon consisting of several young policemen-to-be including Choi Seung-hyun and Kwon Ji-yong, scurried out onto the courtyard before the commander decides to pull anymore tricks.

“Atten…tion!”  There was a shuffle of feet before all was calm again.  The commanders of each platoon walked down the aisle to inspect on the aspiring policemen.  They sure were picky.  “What’s that in your mouth?  Spit that gum out and give me 10 rounds around the court!”  “Your shoes aren’t polished enough!  Go polish them now after 50 push-ups!”  Any person with the right mind would wish they were not there at that time. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kwon Ji-yong’s POV

I was kind of beat standing under the hot sun.  Listening to the commanders talk was just B-O-R-I-N-G.  I was starting to fall asleep when a loud voice startled me. 

“Now what have we got here?”  I shuddered.  The commander of my platoon was standing right next to me.  His eyes were fiery red and they pierced into my heart.  He was SCARY.  I gulped.  A bead of sweat trickled down my forehead.  Everything was still.  The commander’s shadow grew larger and larger while mine shrank in size.  I slowly leaned back, as frightened as a mouse.  It was as if the commander was a cat eyeing on its prey – ME.  He cackled an evil laughter and then pulled me by the collar. 

 

 

 

Hey guys(:  Sorry I took so long to update :P  Had a hard time thinking how to start this chapter.  Finally done with it! :D  Comments are deeply appreciated.  Thanks(: