Tenth Star

Found You

Sanha returned to their dorm, feeling unsure about how he felt. His steps were slow as he went to his room. He was lucky that Moonbin wasn't his roommate and that the older members were in the company building to train. He went straight to his room and laid there for about half an hour. 

"What's stopping me from accepting oppa's feelings is you, to be honest. You confuse me, Sanha." 

'No, noona, you confuse me,' Sanha thought. Why did she tell him that? For him to stop? Or to test the waters? His teen mind couldn't handle the complexity of these feelings. Maybe it's better for Eunbyul to go out with Moonbin after all. He's matured a lot more compared to Sanha. Sanha opened his phone and found it full of texts from Eunbyul.

I'm sorry for being a burden, Sanha. I know I don't usually say anything serious to you... and I hope this conversation we had wouldn't change the dynamic between us. I'd understand it if you decide to avoid me for now. 

He put his phone under his bed and thought in silence. He knew it was Eunbyul's decision but it was risky for him to pursue her. And now that Eunbyul knew of Sanha's feelings, he felt it was right to tell Moonbin of these feelings too. His head hurt just by thinking about it. 

 

"Are you stupid, Byul?" 

Eunbyul knew she would hear that from Minhyuk.

"You're leading Sanha on. Do you seriously like him? You said that to him! The kid will think you like him!" 

"I do like Sanha... But I'm still confused as to whether if it's romantic or not."

"Do you like hyung?" 

Eunbyul paused. She fiddled with her fingers.

"I do, and I'm sure it's more on the romantic side."

"Then what's with Sanha?"

"I don't know!" She looked at Minhyuk hopelessly," And I don't want to hurt him. I don't know why I said those things. I don't want to lead him on but I am!"

"Have you texted him yet? Like to clear things out?" Minhyuk sat on her bed. Instead of answering him, Eunbyul handed her phone to him. He opened her messages and read their conversation so far. 

"You haven't cleared it up."

"I haven't because my emotions are still not cleared up."

"That's childish. How about how Sanha feels? Or if hyung knew of this..." He returned her phone. "It's better if you tell Sanha that the chances are low as it is right now. Knowing him, he won't avoid you. He's too nice for the avoiding part." 

 

Sanha decided to distract himself by training his voice. He had an assignment from his vocal trainer after all. It was "Spring, Spring, Spring" by Roy Kim. He sat down and played his guitar while singing the song. Whenever something felt off, he started from the top. His phone kept ringing, and he knew it was because of Eunbyul. She must feel anxious. He didn't want to make her feel this way but he should put how he felt about the situation first. 

In his deep thought, he didn't notice Myungjun enter the room. The older was just by the door, thinking of how he should approach the younger. Finally, he decided that he shouldn't be too nervous about it and put his hand on Sanha's shoulder. Sanha turned his head to meet Myungjun's eyes.

"So how did it go? I assume it wasn't good," Myungjun asked as he sat across from Sanha. 

"It wasn't good," Sanha sighed," But not in a way that you would expect. She didn't... reject me." 

"Woah, Moonbin should look out then. But why isn't it good? It means you stand a chance."

"That's not... I think it was a bad move to confess to her. Hyung, she likes me, but she looks like she likes Bin-hyung too." 

"I didn't expect her to be such a flirt." 

"But I'm sure she doesn't mean to hurt anyone. That's why she can't answer Moonbin-hyung's feelings. Because she likes me." 

"That means you stand a better chance then?"

"I don't know," Sanha frowned," I want her to communicate her feelings better... But maybe there isn't a better way to express this after all. Maybe she's as confused as I am." 

"What are you going to do about it then? You're bound to see Moonbin sooner or later, same with Byul."

"I'll just.. go back to how it was before the confession. That's what noona would want. And that's what I want too. I don't want to be awkward with any of them. We're friends first after all."

"That's mature of you, to be honest," Myungjun rested his chin on his hand," But I hope it won't backfire on you two. Moonbin doesn't know anything about this. You two are the right people to tell him this. I shouldn't be the one and I'm sure Rocky isn't too." 

"Once noona and I talk it out, we'll tell him. Of course, this concerns him too. He likes noona so much after all." 

 

Months passed since this complicated situation started. It was around Astro's promotion for "Baby." They were already promoting the title track and Moonbin was still clueless about everything. It wasn't that noticeable though, as Eunbyul was busy with her preparations for college. Because of that, Sanha rarely interacted with her. She only talked to Minhyuk, whenever he decided to pass by his place. Moonbin had trouble reaching out to Eunbyul, but because he was so busy with the promotions, he didn't really mind it. 

"I love your latest song," Eunbyul said as she gave Minhyuk a cup of hot chocolate," The chorus distracts me from my practice exams." 

"Don't study then. Just buy our album," he snickered," We want to have our first win after all." 

"I did! I got Eunwoo-oppa's photocard, like the transparent one, for both versions!" She sounded happy," He really is a dreamy guy." 

"If you liked hyung that much, why didn't you pursue him?" 

"Oppa is a dream I can never reach. That's why I can't get serious with him," she shrugged," And well.. You know it's different how you make someone a bias and make someone the person you want to spend your whole life with?"

"A lot of fans don't know the difference." 

"But you do?"

"Pretty much," Minhyuk whistled," I mean, look at you. You're fiercely loyal to Eunwoo-hyung but your heart's split in two--" 

"Oh shut up. I've been thinking about my feelings for Bin-oppa compared to my feelings for Sanha. But at the same time, I don't know if I can handle a relationship while being in college." 

"Oh right," he snapped his fingers," You're at that stage now."

"You're also at this stage!" Eunbyul glared at him," Don't you want to go to college? A lot of idols do that." 

"Maybe, I might try out." 

"If it's related to performing, I'm sure you'll pass. You are a born performer." 

"How about you? What are you planning to take?" 

"I'll take Engineering. I think it fits me. Chemical Engineering," she answered. "That's why I think I won't handle having a serious relationship."

"Well, it's your decision, to be honest," he shrugged," I'm just worried about you three becoming awkward with each other, whoever you will pick." 

"I'll tell them my answer soon," Eunbyul fell back to her bed," I hope no one gets disappointed."