Chapter 5: New Job, New Friends, New Discover

Change

Amber's POV

I really had nothing to do today. So instead of staying at home all day, why don't I go find a job here? That's a great idea. But I would ask Kris to come with me, I hadn't know much about the streets here. I got my phone out and dialed his number.

''Hello?'' It's him.

''Kris, it's me.'' 

''Oh Amber, is there anything wrong there?'' He asked he sweetly.

''Nothing, but I need you to help me.'' 

''What?''

''I need to find a job.''

''Oka- please wait a second.'' Kris was going to say something when he told me to wait. 

I wonder what happened.

Kris' POV

''I need to find a job.'' Right, she hadn't got a job here. She needs some money too, I couldn't be with her all the time.

''Oka- please wait a second.'' I was going to say 'Okay' but my assistant knocked the door continously, so I let her came in.

''What makes you knocked the door non-stop?'' I asked in annoyance.

''Sir, Ms. Liu has arrange a meeting at this cafe. You have to come here by now.'' She said, panting hard while trying to showed me the photo of that cafe.

''What? Why don't you tell me earlier?'' I forcefully stood up and slammed the table with my hands angrily.

''I'm sorry sir, but I just heard the staff talking about it in the 2nd floor. I remember that I forgot to tell you that. I'm really sorry, Mr. Wu.'' She bowed to me with a face full of fear.

''Forget it, go get my car ready. Now!'' I almost shouted to her making her quickly rushed out of my office.

Oh, right. I told Amber to wait, I hoped she didn't hang up.

''Amber?'' I put my phone next to my ear.

''So, what made you shouted or slammed something so loudly?'' She asked worrily.

''Nothing.''

''Can you help me?'' 

''Listen, I really want to. But I couldn't make it, I have a meeting with my partner. I'm sorry...''

''It's okay, I understand. You don't want to lose a big chance like this right?'' Amber sounded sad.

''Are you mad at me?'' 

''Nah, why should I? It's for your father's wish anyway.'' 

''Thanks for understanding, babe.''

''Stop being so cheesy, duizhang.''

''Mr. Wu, it's time for your meeting!'' One of my staff called me, great timing! They always interupted us, seriously why can't they just let me spend a little time talking to my girlfriend?

''I know, don't act like you're my mom.'' I said to her.

''Sorry, gotta go now. Don't you dare hanging out with another guy while I'm not beside you or I'll kick his .'' I jokingly warned her.

''I know, you're being worrisome.'' She said before hung up.

 

 

 

I stepped into my car, and drove to that cafe. It might take me more than half an hour actually.

Amber's POV

I was kinda sad when he couldn't be here to help me but I have to understand him. It's part of his job.

Before heading out, I've called Chanyeol and his friends. But they were all busy, those dorky boys.

I was wandering around the city, but then something caught my eyes.

A cafe named 'Snapshot' had a sign, it said 'Waitresses needed! Age from 19 to 26 and height from 160cm to 172cm. 1,000$/month.'

This was really good, I thought. The salary is so high, maybe I should work here.

''Are you finding a job here?'' A short girl with long brown hair approached me.

''Yeah, are you one of the workers?'' I asked her.

''Yup, I'm Luna. And you?''

''I'm Amber. Nice to meet you.'' I smiled at her.

''Let me get you to my boss okay?'' Luna smiled at me and accompanied me into the cafe. The cafe had a cute and beautiful setting. I saw many waitresses wearing the same dress but different colors, mostly the costumers were male. The cafe was so crowded, 

''Mr. Kim, someone wants to apply.'' A handsome guy walked out, he's tall and he looked more like a playboy. I assumed that he was the owner of the cafe. He seems young but definitely older than me, probably still around his twenties.

''Hi, I'm Amber and I'm here to apply as a waitress.'' I bowed to me but he just smiled.

''I'm the owner of this cafe, Kim Jonghyun. Just call me by my name. This is the first time a girl like you wants to apply this job. You're hire!'' Jonghyun and I did a handshake.

''When will I start my job?'' I asked him.

''You can start right now if you want.''

''Thanks, Jonghyun.'' 

''Luna, can you give her a uniform and show her what to do?'' He looked at Luna.

''Sure, come with me. I'll get you something to wear.'' She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dressing room and locked the door.

She started to looked around, until her hands picked up a dress and gave it to me.

''Try it!'' She happily handed it to me.

I haven't wear dresses and skirts or something girly for years. Yes, I hate them, weird right? I just don't feel comfortable wearing them, so I just wear baggy clothes instead. 

But I can't quit this job just because I have to wear something I don't like. I still need some money.

''Okay.'' I took it and changed into it.

I walked out, it was really awkward wearing this. Since the dress was so tight that seemed like it hugged my body.

''You look nice, let me get you to see my friends okay?'' Luna smiled again, she sure loved to smile.

She showed me around and instructing me about what to do.

Luna then took me to the kitchen, I saw 3 girls in that uniform were holding trays.

''Hey girls, we got a new friends.'' She called them, their attention quickly shifted to me. They're so pretty, I felt so little looking at them.

''Hi, I'm Amber.'' I introduced myself.

''Let me introduce them to you. This Victoria, she's from China. She's Sulli, our cutie. And here is Krystal, she's half American half Korean.'' She pointed to each of them as they waved their hands at me while smiled brightly.

''You look pretty in that dress even though you look like a boy.'' Sulli suddenly said.

''Don't be rude, Sul. She's new here!'' Krystal elbowed her.

''Forgive her, she always be so honest toward someone she just met.'' Victoria finally spoke up, she seemed the most mature to me.

''It's okay, I get that a lot. She didn't mean it anyway.'' I just shook my head.

''Can you bring this out for table 5 for me? There are so many orders.'' Krystal asked me.

''Okay.''

We were really tired with all of those costumers. While working, we had so much fun chatting with each other. I thinked I was getting closer to them. They were nice but really funny too. Victoria really loved doing aegyo, Luna was really kind-hearted, Sulli and Krystal were best friends but they loved to bickering. They were cute.

''Order please!'' I paused when I heard a familiar voice.

I was going to walk to that table when I realized that voice belongs to Kris. And he was sitting opposite to... a girl?

What was he doing here, with her? 

Wait, he told he was going to have a meeting with his partner. So she was his partner?

''Earth to Amber, what's wrong with you?'' Victoria asked me.

''Nothing, can you go get order from that table for me?''

''Why? Is there something special about that guy?'' She smirked playfully.

''N- no. Just go!'' I pushed her away.

''Fine, what's with the push?'' She went to that table get their order.

Even though she's her partner, but I can't help but feel jealous whenever they smiled to each other.

''Is he your boyfriend?'' Sulli appeared from nowhere.

''Yeah... WHAT? How long have you been here?'' Seriously she was scaring me to death.

''Enough to hear everything.''

''Yes, he's my boyfriend.''

''Why is he sitting with a girl? Are you jealous?'' Sulli stared at my face.

''No! Why should I? They're just partner!'' I almost shout.

''Fine.'' She came back in.

 

 

 

As I stepped out, I saw that girl kissed Kris on the cheek.

What the hell she thinked she was doing? And why didn't Kris push her away but he even smiled?

I angrily went back in and worked.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is probably the longest thing I've written so far, I haven't got many ideas lately so it takes me really long to finish this. It's really boring isn't it?