Chapter 15

Jet Black Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: I'm Dying, I Guess

"Dear Jade,

Everything is going well, I'm sorry to worry you! The reason why we haven't been answering your letters recently is because Sylvester lost the horsetail brush we're using. You know, exopian paper is really choosy when it comes to pens -,-

Actually, we advise you to lessened your letters or else we might get caught although Mrs. Dane is careful in delivering and receiving these. So try to not write more okay? I'm sure there are wonderful people there who are willing to listen to your stories~ Don't worry, we'll talk lots and lots when you return :D

Anyway, I still haven't found my other mate, but that's okay! I know he or she's just nearby :))

Also, I'm making sure that Mrs. Dane is resting when she can. She cannot write a letter right now because she's busy with something. Don't worry it's nothing serious :))

Goodluck to your journey, Jade! Oh, I'm sure they'll warm up to you! Just.... trust them okay? Don't give up :)

XOXO, 

Hyerin

P.S I would like to meet this Amber you're talking about. Seems like a nice person :) and Jade, she's not talking about boats"

 

I stared blankly at the paper I was holding. I'm relieved that they sent me a letter already but god, they didn't answer me about my mates' distant bahavior towards me. I'm really confuse and at the same time, curious. Maybe getting their hearts are harder than I thought. What if they won't believe me? Am I just gonna be alone just like that?

I shook my head, erasing the negative thoughts.

Maybe, that's how humans are, dense as rock. Hyerin said it to me one time that humans are different from exopians. Some humans believe in certain things such as mythical creatures and aliens however, some don't. Those who are not into those things are the most oblivous of his surroundings. She said that they often brushed off the 'proofs' of us existing. Maybe, that's the case? I don't know.

Sighing, I stood up and  walked to my closet to pick an outfit.

Hmm, I think this will look good. I nodded at my sweater that was quite large on me and a skirt that reached my calves. 

Coincidentally, I glanced at the window and saw it was sunny. I pouted and picked another one. This time, I picked an oversize white polo and a..uh hot pants? I think it's called denim. I paired my outfit with a tote.. yeah, tote bag that has a little fox at the bottom. I giggled realizing the fox was me. Well, except the color. I didn't know that there are foxes here, not to mention they're red. That's a little weird.

In my city in Exopia, I'm the only one who has a fox blood. Oh well, I'm still the only one dark brown fox, I guess.

A knock disturbed my train of thoughts then the door was opened. "Jade, honey? Breakfast is ready--oh," Appa appeared and rose an eyebrow, "Where are you going?" 

I giggled, skipped my way towards him and chirped, "My friends and I were going out today for icecream." I linked my arm to his then slightly dragged him towards the kitchen. 

He adjusted his glasses, confusion's till etched in his face. "Friends? I've never heard of this." 

I side-way glance at him, suddenly ashamed on not telling them about what's happening in school. "I'm sorry I didn't told you about them. I swear, they are the most nicest people you've ever meet!" 

We arrived in kitchen just in time the toast popped up. The kitchen is filled with the delicious aroma of pancakes and strong coffee. I saw bacon and eggs being cooked by Eomma. My mouth started to water just by thinking about eating those. 

I was brought back to reality when I heard appa laughing while we were sitting down. "You used 'most nicest' in describing your friends. Although, that isn't gramatically correct, that implies that they are really good people, eh?" I nodded, already stuffing my face with pancakes. 

"Yearh!--" I gulped down the pancakes and started to get the hot bacons--" In fact, Amber is the first friend I've had here! She's really nice, you know? Victoria is really cool, Sulli is cute as well as Luna! Krystal likes bread more than she like talking so we don't chat much but she's really pretty too." I pouted, thinking about Krystal's beauty. "I heard, she's also talented and is really, really pretty." I blushed when I realize that I'm slightly envious of her.

"Aww, don't make a face like that! You're also pretty!" He patted my head then pinched my cheeks. I blushed harder. Am I really?

He let out a full-blown laugh and wheezed, "Pre-pretty small like your mom"

I turned my head sharply at eomma and she immediately stuffed pancake in his mouth. "Hmm, pancakes are delicious, right dear? Oh? Why aren't you answering me? Is it that delicious? Oh, how sweet!~" She smiled sweetly at me and menacingly at my dying dad. I laughed out loud seeing him in pain in chewing the pancakes. Seriously, I love them so much.

She faced me as if she remembered something. "Oh yeah, I heard your story a while ago. You're going out with friends? That's great!" She placed a newly cooked bacon and eggs in front of me. I sniffed and sneakily got one bacon and egg to my full plate. I didn't notice her staring at me but realized when she said, "Wow, your fashion sense is now great! I'm really a great teacher, huh? Right, dear?" Appa only nodded sulkily while munching on his food. Eomma by poking his cheeks while I remembered the first time they asked me to dress up last time.

I wore a striped stockings inside a really long skirt and partnered it with a 'jaguar' print shirt that has sleeves reached my elbow. I partnered it with a rubber shoes and scarf wrapped around my waist. I wasn't satistified and wore a cat eye glasses. When I went outside, eomma nearly passed out from shock. After an hour or two of teaching how to dress up for occasion, weather etc. and picking an outfit for that day, she immediately disintegrate 'the cursed objects' and asked herself, almost as if she's disappointed, 'why did she bought them in the first place'.

Actually, I picked them when we were shopping because they have an interesting design. I didn't told her though. Apparently, they are only cute in my eyes. 

I was brought back in reality when my phone rang. There's a text message from Amber asking where am I.

I just casually replied while my fork filled with syrup, a simple 'on the way. my mom is killing my dad' as I glance at Eomma now stuffing bacons in his mouth. Seems like she's still mad at him calling her short or it's just her showing her affection towards him. I shrugged as I packed waterbottle in my bag and checked if I left something in my room. 

After making sure, I called out to them, still being lovey dovey in the kitchen. "Eomma! Appa! I'm going now!" 

"Sure, be back at 6!" she yelled.

"I will! Love you both!" I yelled back while putting on my sneakers and bringing out my keys.

"Bye, love you too~" she said, followed by a gurgle, possibly from appa. I giggled and finally went out.

I walked to our meeting place, which is at the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter