(do I) Adore You

Theory of Soulmates

Loosely based off Steven Universe lyrics again.  Mr. Greg gave me feelings.  But this is a callback to Love Like You.  I think the POV is obvious, but if it's not, ask me in the comments.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

At the end of the day, a fight over a makeup pad is just one of another list of things, like run throughs, and bad lighting, and being too loud in the car.  Just something pointless to argue about when we're bored, because even arguing with you still feels better than not speaking to you at all.  At the end of the day, I just want to see you.

Even when it's hot outside, and we're dancing in the humidity on a sunny stage, blinking, peeling wet strips of hair off our cheeks.  If I can catch a glance your direction, even for a second, it makes the ache in my heel worth it; the sudden breathlessness of my lungs isn't from singing.

I'm probably too clingy; I know I try too hard.  Isn't it obvious?  When you say something nice and I hit you because I'm "angry" but my face doesn't hide anything, my smile doesn't lie.  I just like when you're with me, even if we're doing nothing, staring at the ceiling taking naps on the studio floor; our job is tiring but it's less tiring when I'm sleeping next to you.

It is simple.  I haven't thought about it much, I just always understood.  You're the best friend I have right now, because of circumstance, but also because we like the same foods, and the same kinds of jokes.  I may be older, though I sometimes act young, but it's only because everything is funner with you.  If I'm dumber with you, it's because it makes you laugh, and I just like hearing you laugh, especially if I'm the reason.  

At the end of the day, I just want to hold your hand in a crowded airport, wherever we go, I want to be next to you, and wherever we're going, I want to go with you.  If we're apart for a while, it's okay, as long as I return to you.  Is that too much?  The only thing I've wondered is -maybe- if you don't think the same things.  I'm always apologizing; loud, overbearing, exhausting me.  If you get tired of me I'll find a way to be without you, I just like us better together, you know

The way that you are, it just fits me best.  Every assignment, and obstacle, even our fights, were all tests.  

I don't mind if you're angry at me sometimes; lets fight because it's funny in retrospect.  Something you see in me, the reason you say all those nice things... I wonder what it is, if maybe I'm just a mirror to you, because all the things that you see, all the things that you like, are all the things that I like about you.