reserved

Theory of Soulmates

Yongsun looked down at her hands and sighed -wiped the suds off- before turning off the faucet.  Then she stared down a little longer.  Her body felt heavy.  Her feet forgot how to move.

When day broke she was in bed, but her eyes were open, dry, blinking at the ceiling while she hummed along to the tune of the ventilation system.  There was just an hour left before she had to wake up.  But since she never fell asleep she figured laying in bed a little longer wouldn't be so bad anyways.

Her jaw started to hurt after a while.  Hyejin pointed out she had been grinding her teeth.  She used her fingers to massage her jaw but for some reason couldn't get her teeth unstuck.  Byulyi approached her all smiles and twinkly eyes and squished her cheeks until her lips parted slightly.

"Why are you so cute?" she asked.

Yongsun knew it was a rhetorical question -of course, how could Byulyi expect her to answer?- but she still muttered "I don't know" before walking away to get mic'd.

During their snack break Hyejin was taking a survey on what everyone would like.  She answered coffee instantly even though she hated caffeine.  Her fingernails scratched at the hem of her skirt.  She looked up at their stylist and pointed at her hands.  "These need to be cut," she said dully.

She'd clip them herself usually but since they were getting paid anyways...

The coffee tasted bitter as usual.

During the drive home she finally felt drowsy.  Wheein was bouncing around to a song Hyejin was playing and everything was normal and nice.  Yongsun leaned her head back in her chair.  She couldn't fall asleep, however, and stared out the foggy window until they reached their destination.

At 4:37 in the morning she finished dusting the countertops.  Since there were no dishes to clean (because she hadn't eaten, and because Byulyi couldn't come over with food) she started organizing her shelves, and then sweeping the floor, and finally, polishing the countertops.

She flopped down on the mattress at 4:51.  Her pupils shrunk as light started to filter in between the blinds.  She didn't know how the time passed so quickly, but when she checked her phone again it was 5:45.

Im 2 tired 2 get up Byulyi texted.

Yongsun's thumb hovered over the keyboard as she pondered her reply.

Sighing, and brushing a greasy strand of hair out of her face, she began dragging herself over to the bathroom.  As she sat on the toilet she messaged her back, and then closed her eyes, and tried not to think of anything at all.

yeah me 2.

can i come over for breakfast?

hello? *hand waving emoji*

i'm coming over.  i don't have any food.

see u soon! :P