D- Day

Theory of Soulmates

AN:  It's MAMAMOO's concert day!  I'm so proud of these girls.  Please support them, they're talented and kind, and they deserve the success they're having right now!  

--

It didn’t take Wheein’s eyes long to adjust to the morning light.  She’d been up since at least an hour before sunrise just… waiting.  Normally it was nice to be alone in her apartment -she was not a morning person- but today felt different.  She dragged herself out of bed; tired, but also giddy at the thought of what today was.  

As she poured herself some cereal she heard scuffling outside her door.  Before Hwasa could knock, Wheein opened the door, letting her best friend inside.

“Can you believe it?” Hwasa squealed.

Wheein waved her off.

“Too noisy.”

Hwasa wrapped her arms around Wheein’s waist hugging her from behind and whispered, “can you believe it?”

She spun them over to the bed-

-Wheein yelped, trying not to drop her breakfast-

and plopped down the mattress.  She tucked her feet underneath the blanket and sighed happily, tossing her hand into Wheein’s lap for her to hold.

“This has been our dream for so long.”

Wheein took a large spoonful of cereal and shrugged.

“It hasn’t been that long.  Everything happened so quickly don’t you think?”

Hwasa shoved her, and Wheein gasped again, just barely managing to save her cereal from spilling onto the floor.

“Would you stop that?” she hissed.

She finally turned to look at Hwasa and once she caught the excited gleam in her best friend’s eyes, she immediately burst into tears.

Hwasa laughed delightedly.  “What the heck?  Wheein-ah, stop crying!”  She took the bowl of cereal out of Wheein’s hands and placed it on the floor, then wrapped both arms around her shoulders.

“Stop crying,” she cooed, “why are you crying now?”

“W-w-when else, am-m I s-supposed to c-c-cry?”

Hwasa squeezed Wheein tightly, and kissed her temple, then her cheek, then started peppering kisses all over her face.

Wheein started to laugh through her tears, an unattractive gurgle of snot bubbling up in as she pushed Hwasa away.

“Gross, stop that!”

Hwasa laughed in disbelief.

I’m gross?  Look at yourself!”

Wheein wiped away her tears with the back of her hand and sighed.  “I’m still more beautiful than you and you know it.”

“I swear to God…”

They both giggled and sat back against the wall comfortably.  This time Wheein accepted the hand Hwasa offered her.  As she ran her thumb over Hwasa’s knuckles she sighed.

“This is really it.”

“Yeah.”

The nervous energy between them was palpable.

“We should come up with a new dream now,” Hwasa said hurriedly.

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t want this to be the end.”  She took both of Wheein’s hands and squeezed them urgently.  “We have to keep striving for more and more -you and me together- because this feeling is so amazing, I have to experience it again.”

Wheein tilted her head slightly, feeling the dimples form in her cheeks as she smiled.  “You’re such a baby,” she said sweetly.

Hwasa rolled her eyes but shook Wheein’s hands once again.

“Yeah okay,” Wheein finally said, “after this lets uh… lets have a world tour!”

“Lets release a song in another language!”

“What if we star in a movie?”

“I want to write and compose a whole album.  Just us… so people will know that it’s our music and not anyone else’s.”

“I wanna break a world record.  What about world’s longest harmony?”

Hwasa laughed.  “That’s so ridiculous lets do it!”

“And lets always stay together,” Wheein finished softly.

Hwasa smiled, her sigh getting caught in .  At the risk of getting too emotional, she reached over and pinched one of Wheein’s s, her best friend’s shriek of pain snapping her back to reality before any tears threatened to fall.

After another moment’s silence (and a couple very aesthetic-y selfies) they finally felt the day coming upon them.  Now most of Wheein’s apartment was bathed in white light, and they both were itching to change and head out to their first ever solo concert.

“Should we wake the unnies now?”

Wheein frowned.  “Don’t you think they’d already be awake?  I could hardly sleep.”

Hwasa snickered.  “When I walked past Yongsun’s room I swear I heard snoring.”

Wheein laughed.  She walked Hwasa out slowly, happily thinking about the day ahead of them.  Just as she was about to close the door Hwasa pulled back for one last hug.

Wheein chuckled.  

“Yeah yeah I love you too.”