reserved pt. 3

Theory of Soulmates

"These are truly kind and genuine friends."

Wheein shrieked, overwhelmed by the moment of sincerity.  Hyejin beamed, part flattered part amused, and Yongsun could practically feel Byulyi's pride radiating off of her.  She looked down at her lap pointedly, waited till the interviewer changed topics.  

--

"That unnie is the cutest thing in the world."

"She's very down-to-earth and girl-next-door.  I hope she can continue with her friendship-like leadership."

"She's our vitamin."

Yongsun's body always betrayed her.  Blushing too hard, reacting too strongly.  She clenched her hands into fists, looked anywhere but at them.  On the walk back to the car Byulyi took her hand, and pulled her close.  While they were in the waiting room Hyejin grabbed her by the waist and buried her face into Yongsun's neck.  She mumbled something but Yongsun didn't think it was words.  Just Hyejin yawning.  It was a long day.  She patted her hand delicately.  This prompted Hyejin to look up and kiss Yongsun on the cheek.

Yongsun's face scrunched up.  She patted Hyejin's hand again.

--

"I really like this kid.  She's very loyal.  I can talk about anything with her."  Yongsun was picking at her dress as the reporter conducted the interview.  She couldn't bear to look up where Byulyi was.  Saying nice things about her friends, even -especially- when she truly meant them, always embarrassed her.

Maybe it was because there was a chance they didn't feel the same way.  Or maybe she would accidentally disclose something people don't normally say.  She was used to being the weird kid.  The person who was too bright, and too loud, and loved everyone and everything too hard.  

The reporter smiled at her.  Yongsun took it as a sign that she said the right thing, and relaxed.

--

"Do you want to go see a movie today?"

Yongsun shrugged.  She looked down at her feet.

Before she could say no Wheein started to tickle her.

"H-hey -haha- what the heck?"

Wheein grinned, pulling Yongsun into an abrupt hug.  "Come on unnie, pleeeaase?"

Yongsun had a hard time resisting.  Within an hour she was sitting at a cafe with Wheein, finishing up her latte while they waited for their movie time to start.  She stared down at her drink, stirring it with her plastic spoon.  Something about the sun today, it was too bright, and she felt hot all over.  As she itched the back of her neck Wheein observed her quietly.

Wheein cleared , bit her lip -suddenly- nervous, and 

"I love you."

Yongsun immediately looked up.  Her expression was so surprised, and cute, Wheein laughed, despite her own embarrassment.

"Well don't look so shocked!" Wheein waved her hand in front of her.  Her trademark puppy-like whine escaped as she leaned back in embarrassment.  "We're good friends aren't we?"

"We are?"

Yongsun immediately clamped her hand over .

Wheein's smile turned into a pout.  "You don't think so?"

"No no I mean..." Yongsun stared back down at her coffee helplessly.

"Unnie," Wheein began slowly, "are you... okay?  I mean... you've been kind of down and just now you were so surprised but -um- well we've known each other for a while now, I just... I thought you knew?"  She wrung her hands together.

Yongsun stood up suddenly.  "Our movie is going to start soon."

--

Yongsun had Wheein hooked around her right arm, she was half in Hyejin's lap, half in Byul's, and their hands were all over her, holding her tight like a body pillow.  She flushed, trying to ignore how they were all over her, kept talking into the camera as nothing was out of the norm.

Hyejin suddenly leaned in and gave her a kiss.  Byul, instantly jealous, tried to do the same thing but Yongsun ducked away.  She heard Byulyi's whine of disapproval and ignored it.

--

Just as Wheein was falling asleep in the car she leaned her head onto Yongsun's shoulder.  Yongsun tensed up as she usually did, but she didn't move.  She wanted Wheein to be comfortable.  The other girls were falling asleep as well.  Once it was clear they had all passed out, Yongsun wormed her arm around Wheein's shoulders, gently held her tighter.  Wheein reacted instinctively, nuzzling into Yongsun for warmth.

When they got back to the company their manger opened the sliding door for them.  She looked at Yongsun and Wheein and smiled.

"You're very good with them," she commented mindlessly.  She grabbed Wheein's hand to shake her awake and Yongsun reflexively held her tight before flushing, and letting her go.

"It's okay," their manager let go, and started to walk around to the other side.  "I'll get Byul-ah."

"Wake her up slowly," Yongsun mumbled, "you know how cranky she gets."

Her manager smiled again, making that expression like she knew something Yongsun didn't.

"Okay Yongsun-ah."

Yongsun slowly shook Wheein awake.  In her tired state Wheein was very clingy.  She wouldn't even stand up on her own two feet without having Yongsun to lean on.  Yongsun sighed exasperatedly but she complied, allowing Wheein to hang herself off her until they made it inside.

When she laid down in bed that night she felt more tired than she ever had.  Byulyi texted her goodnight like she always did, and Yongsun simply sent back a moon emoji before falling asleep, phone still in hand, curling into herself remembering the warmth of Wheein's body pressed up against her own.