A Serious Conversation

Theory of Soulmates

Can't remember when I originally wrote this?  I was just thinking how an IRL conversation between them would go regarding lgbtq stuff.  It's not exactly shippy, or even happy, really.  Like lmao it doesn't have a resolution so I didn't want to post it, but I hate promising new stuff and falling back on my promise.  So until I figure out something happier you guys can have this sad sort of microfic.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"You'd never really... do it, right?"

"Do what?"

"Marry a girl?"  Solar looked down at her lap. "K-kiss a girl..."

Moonbyul stared at her in shock.

"Where is this coming from?"

"The fan at the airport.  The female fan... She proposed to you.  You didn't really give her an answer so... Would you?"

Moonbyul caught her lower lip between her teeth, trying to figure out exactly how this moment in time came about.  Why was Solar asking this question?  More importantly... what did she want Moonbyul to say?

"I think... I think I would."  She shrugged, suddenly feeling hot all over.  "If I liked her," the words felt strange on her tongue, "I guess I'd date a girl.  Marry her... If I loved her."

It wasn't the answer Solar expected, or rather, she didn't know what to expect because any answer would confuse her.  If Byulyi rejected the idea of same- marriage, then she wouldn't be the open and kind-hearted girl Solar knew.  But if she accepted it, that would mean she'd thought about it, she had to have formed an opinion on the topic by mulling it over, and just chewing on the possibility of being gay wasn't something that ever crossed Solar's mind (at least,certainly not because she allowed it).

Finally Moonbyul broke the silence, fingers twisting into her bedsheets.  "Is that okay with you?"  Her voice was surprisingly calm.  Solar took a minute to find her words.

"I don't know," she whispered honestly, "I haven't thought about it before."

"That's okay," Moonbyul said immediately.  Was it okay?  She could feel sweat pricking the back of her neck.  She and Yongsun had talked about many personal things before, their families, their life goals, but their beliefs....? It didn't seem necessary to get into.  (Or maybe they avoided it for a reason.)

"I don't know," Solar repeated again.  She looked up to face Moonbyul again, staring deep into her eyes, asking for something Moonbyul wasn't sure she could give.

"I don't want to be wrong about this."

Moonbyul signed a little.

"Then don't be.  I think you know what it means, and you know how you feel, or how you should feel."  Her tone softened a bit, head tilting to the side helplessly, because no matter what, she loved Yongsun and she would protect her, even -especially- from herself.  "You're smart Yongsun-ah.  You'll figure it out."

Solar pressed her lips together tightly, staring back down at her lap.  This was all too much for her to think about.  She wanted to change the topic but she still had one niggling question on her mind.

"Byul-ah," her voice cracked due to nervousness (Byul chuckled quietly) "you're... I mean... Are you...?"

Moonbyul was waiting for Solar to finish the question.  She had expected (and feared) that she might ask this.

She nonchalantly flipped her hair over her shoulder and laughed.  "No no I'm not," then she grinned cheekily, "but if I were..." and winked-

-Solar blushed and groaned in annoyance, throwing her body back on her hotel bed.

"When are you ever NOT this annoying?"

Moonbyul just chuckled.

"Maybe in another universe we'd be together.  If I wasn't so painfully heteroual."

Solar sat up straight, caught somewhere between a smile and a frown.  "You think... you'd like me like that?"

Moonbyul shrugged.  "You're my friend, and you're pretty.  Aren't boyfriends just handsome friends that you're attracted to?"

This one made a lot more sense to Solar.  She and Byul already held hands and had matching clothing and went on dates together.  "I guess," she rambled as she thought about it, "maybe in another universe..."

This one was too complicated to figure it all out.