Home

Theory of Soulmates

6/14/16: I can't remember exactly how I felt when I wrote this.  It was probably way too late at night.  That's when I have my best ideas.  Or when I'm really sad?  Anyways I like to write close to canon so that's what this is :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Another day, another event.  Wheein was already nodding off in her seat, so the responsibility of DJ was handed on to Hwasa.  She was playing something jazzy, in French.

Moonbyul wasn't sure if she liked it, but Solar did, so she was outnumbered.  Either way she was too tired to pay attention to it anyways.  The volume was low and she was warm under her blanket.

Even though no one asked, their manager informs them they'll be home soon.  Which means at their company, a good few miles from Moonbyuls apartment.  She groaned at the thought of walking.

When they get to RBW, Solar saw Wheein yawn and press her knuckles tiredly against her eyes.

"Ready to pass out?"

Wheein just groaned in response.

Solar chuckled and threw an arms round her.  "Come on I'll drive you home."

Hwasa was about to bid them good night when Solar nodded at her, "you too, princess"

They were a package deal, of course she'd take Hwasa as well.   Hwasa grinned and threw her arm around Wheein's other shoulder, teasing her and calling her a "sleepy pup" while she was too tired to disagree.

Moonbyul still hadn't moved from the door but then Solar looked over her shoulder and said,

"Aren't you coming?"

She started moving as soon as she was called.  Solar ushered her over with her free arm and then wrapped it around Moonbyul's waist.

"What," she asked lightly, "are you tired of being in a car with me?"

Moonbyul finally cracked a smile.  "You caught me.  But I guess it's not worse than walking three miles at 2am."

"Brat."

They both giggled and Wheein groaned louder than ever.

Hwasa shushed her but gave Moonbyul some serious side eye over the top of Wheein's head.

"Sorry Unnie" Moonbyul said in mock-respect.

Hwasa rolled her eyes again but this time with a hint of a smile.

Solar drove them all home in silence but nobody felt really tired, just content.

-

On the rare free day Moonbyul was wandering around her apartment utterly bored.  She was a homebody for sure, but she also didn't like being alone.

She texted her old friend Minji and they enjoyed talking for a bit.  Although she'd like nothing more than to play badminton or get coffee with her, it would be a hassle to make that trip in a day.  She was tempted though, looking up train times online.  However, she didn't understand the ticket website.

After staring at it in confusion for 20 minutes she called Solar.  She was surprised when she answered on the first ring; Solar had been busy with solo activities during her off time.

"Yongsun unnie," Moonbyul bit her lip, "uh, what are you doing?"

"Huh?  What are you doing?"

"Oh um, nothing I was just bored."

"Then go outside."

"I was going to, actually," Moonbyul moved the mouse around to wake up the laptop screen, "I was trying to figure out how to get train tickets."

She could practically see Solar rolling her eyes on the other end of the call.

"Take a screenshot of the page let me see what you're looking at."

"Actually," Moonbyul said quickly, "why don't you just come over?"

"Why?  Can't I help you over the phone?"

"It's not that I meant, let's just hang out."

She prepared to get rejected, Solar already sounded grumpy, but then she heard a bright "OK" followed by some shuffling noises.

"Want me to pick up something on the way? I don't want to go out again so I'm going to get takeout."

"No thank you. I already ate."

Solar scoffed and said she'd be there in 20 minutes.

In exactly 20 minutes Solar was at Moonbyul's apartment, with enough food for two (or maybe four) plus some iced coffees.

Moonbyul opened her tray of noodles and nibbled on them out of respect for Solar, who was already halfway done with hers.

"Unnie, did you go outside with your hair like that?"

It was in a messy bun, she also had no makeup on, and her shirt was half untucked from her skirt.

"I had to get dressed quickly," she explained around a mouthful of food.  "I was in my pajamas before this."

"I can loan you some if you want?  Also should I put on a movie?"

"Hwasa recommended me something on Netflix we could watch."

Moonbyul groaned.  "Please not a silent film.  Let's just see if there's a variety show on we both like."

Solar shrugged, agreeable to anything so long as she got to wear pajamas and stuff her face.

Moonbyul decided to change too, although she was already comfortable, into a matching onesie as the one she got out for Solar.  Solar's was black with magenta hearts all over it.  Moonbyul's looked like Stitch.

When she walked out wearing it Solar smirked.  "You look cute."  She looked back down to pick up the radish she dropped and shove back into .  It was just enough time for Moonbyul to move her hair over her cheeks.

Solar sat on the floor closer to the table while Moonbyul took the couch, scrolling through channels aimlessly.  It had been 10 minutes and she still couldn't find something she liked.

"Here."  Solar held up a piece of beef by .

"Oh no thanks I'm not that hungry."

Solar tapped her foot impatiently, "you're never hungry, just eat a little."

Moonbyul did as she was told.

"Aish," Solar groaned, "you're skinnier than a stick I can't believe you're not hungry."

Truthfully she was hungry, but she was just so used to eating small portions, trying to maintain her figure.  Solar held up another piece of beef and Moonbyul took it without question.  She slowly slid down to the floor beside Solar, who turned to face her more comfortably, feeding her a little every other bite.  Moonbyul forgot about picking a show. Some news channel played while they sat and ate quietly.

Finally after scarfing down an obscene amount of food, Solar was tired and laid her head back on the couch.

"It's so nice to have a day off," she sighed.

"I thought you liked working" Moonbyul teased.

Solar slapped Moonbyul's cheek weakly.  Her eyes were closed like she was sleeping.

"I do like work," she sighed, "I'm just so tired."

Moonbyul squeezed her arm in sympathy.  "You've been busier than all of us."

Solar didn't say anything in response.

Moonbyul turned and leaned back just like Solar, closing her eyes and keeping her hands folded in her lap.

"I wish I could be like you.  You work the hardest but you're always so positive."

"You know that's not true.  I get whiny sometimes."

"Just sometimes?"

Moonbyul got slapped again.  This time she took Solar's hand and kissed the back of it.

She peeked at her through one eye and saw Solar smiling at the ceiling, eyes still closed.

"Anyways," she said after a long pause, "I'm just saying it's nice not to do anything.  And to rest like this after eating.  The people in Spain know how good it feels, they've made it a time in their day."

"You're making stuff up."

"Really!  It's called a siesta."

"Like a party?"

"That's a fiesta.  A siesta is a time for sleeping after your lunch."

"They really do that in Spain?"

"Mm-hmm we should go there."

Moonbyul squeezed her hand again.

"Where did you learn about that?"

Solar yawned.  "The Husband told me."

"Ric hyung?"

"Mm-hmm.  He's teaching me a lot.  Soon we'll be able to travel anywhere.  I'll be fluent in three languages at least."

Solar was looking at her again but Moonbyul didn't notice.  Instead she was busy feeling jealous -irrationally- because Solar was still closer to Moonbyul than Eric, and because he was a nice guy whom Moonbyul herself had a crush on at one time.

Solar tugged at the hand Moonbyul had firmly in her grasp, and she finally noticed her.

"Moonbyul-ssi," she said in her fake-announcer voice," if you could go any place in the world right now where would you go?"

She held up a fake mic to Moonbyul's mouth.

"Bucheon," as answered softly.  Then she sighed and laid her head back again.  "This is nice but... I think I'll feel truly relaxed when I'm at home.  Plus I'll get to see Minji again.  That's actually who I wanted to see today."

"Then we'll go one day.  For a real vacation." Solar patted Moonbyul's knee.  "You'll have to introduce me to her."  She stopped patting for a moment.  "I'm going to be so jealous."

"Really?"

Solar grinned.  "Of course!  She's seen you in your embarrassing teenage years.  I'm going to have to ask her for pictures."

Moonbyul shoved Solar's hand off of her and reached for a pillow to throw.  Solar scampered across the room, struggling to gain traction in her onesie on top of the slippery floor.

The pillow hit the side of her head and she tumbled over onto her back, her shriek loud enough to shatter glass.

Moonbyul slid over on her knees, laughing.
"Omomomomo..." She squeezed her stomach with her arms to stop laughing but it didn't help.

"One day," Solar sighed dramatically, "one day my dongsaengs will treat me with respect."  She threw an arm over her eyes and pretended to cry.

Moonbyul grabbed her wrist and dragged her back over to the sofa.  Seeing her chance Solar grabbed the remote and changed the channel to something she wanted to watch.

Moonbyul groaned but didn't fight her choice.  Instead she plopped down on top of Solar, who was laying down on the couch taking up all the space for herself.

"Get off," she whined, but Moonbyul fastened her arms around Solar's waist like a seatbelt.

Solar sighed dramatically again, resting her right hand on Moonbyul's head while her left hand dangled off the edge of the couch.

Moonbyul didn't pay much attention to the show, but fell asleep pretty quickly after that.

2 hours later she woke up, head on Solar's chest, neck hurting a little but overall warm and content.  It was 4pm.  Definitely too late to take a train to Bucheon.

She sat up carefully but nothing would wake Solar when she was this far gone.  was slightly open, cheeks smushed up against the pillow.  Moonbyul poked at them a couple times just for fun.

After cleaning off the table and turning off the lights she decided that maybe more than one place could feel like home.  Carefully she laid back down on the couch, trying to wedge herself more in between Solar and the back cushions instead of just laying down on top of her.  Solar reacted instinctually, her arm coming up around Moonbyul's back.

Moonbyul would ask about the tickets again tomorrow.