Photo shoot

Memories

Pitter patter, pitter patter. The rain was coming down harder as it resounded throughout the atmosphere. It was past midnight, the street lamps and the occasional flashes of lightning illuminated the otherwise darkened room. The wind started picking up as it blew in through the open window scattering all the loose papers to the floor. However, being known as the clean freak that he is, Luhan made no effort to close the window or to tidy up the mess. Instead he just simply lied awake in bed.

 

How many nights now had he been in this state, he had lost count. He knew he was tired, but no matter what he tried, how hard he tried, he was just unable to fall asleep.

 

Everyone else around him had been worried about him, they even suggested enlisting the help of a doctor or a psychologist. He just chuckled and waved them off, reassuring everyone that he was alright. Though Luhan tries his best to put on a facade for show, there is no doubt that the people closest to him cannot be fooled.

 

Luhan has always liked reminiscing, it was like reliving the moment; a reminder of all his blissful times in life. But as the years pass by, he finds himself trying to avoid the resurfacing of those memories. The reason being that he is immediately reminded of that certain person, a particular someone that seems to always unconsciously appear in his mind.   

 

'How are you doing? Are you taking care of yourself? Do you ever feel empty or as if something just isn't quite right just like I do?' He often wonders to himself. Of course he knew the reason for constantly feeling this way was the result of EXO not being by his side, but more specifically it was because of Oh Sehun.

 

"Wasn't this the freedom you always wanted? You're the one that chose to leave them in the first place. Do you really have the right to be thinking about them, to be asking how they're doing after all the pain you've put them through?" He scoffed at himself as he felt the tears accumulating at the brim of his eyes. At this time, the thunder was booming rather loudly as the lightning continued to flash. However, Luhan was too immersed in his own thoughts to notice.

 

Truthfully, he knew what had been bothering him. He was never fond of change, especially once he's accustomed to living life a certain way. It's never easy saying goodbye, and it was even more difficult for Luhan, he detested the mere thought of it. How he wished he could just go back to being a child, a time when he had the right and freedom to cry and complain over just about everything and anything. Except the reality is, he's a full grown man. He has responsibilities that cannot be ignored. He needs to understand that all decisions made comes with consequences, as well, he needs to understand that not everything is bound to work out the way he would like it to. Maybe that was the hardest part of growing up. And Luhan knew that no amount of professional help would be able to resolve his predicaments, this was an obstacle only he could help himself overcome.

 

He turned himself over and took a glance at the digital clock located on his bedside table which read 4:30 AM. Sighing, he knew  he was not going to be benefitting from another hour of sleep, so he decided to get out of bed and begin to get ready for another busy day.

 

Almost two hours later, a white BMW pulled into Luhan's driveway. After securing the lock of his house, Luhan situated himself in the backseat.

 

"Your breakfast sandwich and iced Americano." Luhan's manager and temporary assistant, Simon handed him a Starbucks bag before he drove off to their desired destination.

 

"Thanks." Came the quiet response.

 

"You have a busy day ahead of you today. First off is your photo shoot for Bazaar magazine, after you're going to be recording your new song and finally the dance instructor will be meeting with you to go over the new dance he choreographed for the song." Simon recited Luhan's schedule for the day in which Luhan just replied with a hum.

 

They arrived at the photography studio. Luhan was quickly ushered into the changing room. He walked back out minutes later wearing a blue long sleeve collared shirt, a tie, a black vest to go on top and black jeans.

 

"Okay, you're modelling this summer's new business casual line. Just pose as you would deem appropriate..." Wayne the photographer explained to Luhan as he was getting his hair and make-up done.

 

Luhan was staring at Wayne, he knew he was being given instructions but at the moment all he could concentrate on was the background music. Though it was fairly quiet, he still recognized it as being EXO's Chinese version of Growl.

 

After a whole afternoon of posing in front of the camera for another magazine, it was finally Luhan's turn to take his individual photos. The theme for the photo shoot was beauty and he was given flowers to use as his prop. Luhan stepped onto the platform and began posing.

 

"另一個狼在看這個女人

你就是這麼完美的女人

多想抱抱你 在懷裡永不放下

一分一秒過去 我變得凶悍無常  "

 

EXO's Chinese version of Growl was playing in the background and Luhan watched as Tao recited his part of the rap perfectly. Chanyeol was sitting with him in the distance. He was playing with his phone but soon became bored of it. Since he was still waiting for his turn with nothing better to do, he had convinced Tao to teach him the rap.

Tao first patiently enunciated each and every word for Chanyeol and had him recite them aloud. However, after several attempts at the rap Chanyeol decided it was too difficult for him.

 

"Come on, just keep trying. You'll get it eventually." Tao tried persuading him.

 

Chanyeol slumped further into his seat and shook his head. "No, it's too hard. Besides, that's your part, when am I ever gonna need to perform it anyway?"

 

Tao contemplated the question for a while and decided Chanyeol did make a good point. "Alright fine."

 

"But, I do think there was one part of the rap I mastered quite well." He suddenly shot up in his seat.

 

Tao raised an eyebrow. He was listening to Chanyeol the entire time and he would have liked to object to that statement. "Oh?" Was all he opted for saying instead.

 

"Yeah, the part where you were screeching like a little girl. 不放下!" Chanyeol imitated Tao, but his baritone voice wasn't able to reach the original key of the rap so his voice ended up cracking.

 

At this point the serious expression on Luhan's face disappeared as he couldn't help but burst out into laughter at the sight before him. The smile on his face was still evident as he watched Tao chasing Chanyeol around for embarrassing him the way he did.

 

"Luhan hyung, save me!" Chanyeol ran over and tried to hide his large frame behind Luhan.

 

"Luhan, 快點把他抓住! (quickly catch him)" Tao shouted as he was running over to them.

 

"Hey, that's not fair, I can't understand Chinese!" Chanyeol complained.

Luhan just stood there laughing at their childishness. He took a glance in the photographer's direction which did not look at all pleased. "Guys get out of my shot." He quickly stated as he pushed Tao and Chanyeol off to the side.

 

"Oops, sorry." They both bowed once they realized Luhan was still in the middle of taking photos.

 

"Get out of your shot? Luhan, what are you talking about? We haven't started yet."

 

A shake to his shoulder brought him back to reality. He looked all around him, but there was no sign of Chanyeol or Tao. The background music had switched to some other random song.

 

He shook those thoughts aside and looked back at Wayne. "Huh?" Luhan wasn't sure what Wayne was referring to, but then it dawned on him that he had just voiced out what he was thinking about earlier. He felt his lower lip quivering as he bit down on it.

 

Wayne sighed and began to give out instructions again. This time Luhan made sure to repeat every word that was being said in his head as the photographer was speaking.